Da Vinci Ristorante
1180 Rue Bishop
Montreal, QC H3G 2E3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Da Vinci Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davinci.ca/
- Phone: 5148742001x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday from 17h00 to 23h00
Closed Sundays *Open for private functions only*
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Renato Ferrante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Exclusive Special - Minimum 20 persons
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available for minimum of 30 people, semi-private party options available for less.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Amodeo 8775164022x
- Entertainment: Private lounge area with DJ
A word from Da Vinci Ristorante
Located in a beautiful 2 floor Victorian building in the heart of Downtown Montreal and close to all hotels, 3 minutes walk from the Bell Center and entertainment venues, Da Vinci Ristorante offers its guests elegant surroundings without being pretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Da Vinci Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Da Vinci Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (31)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014My Fiancée and I, went here for a night out and had awesome service from the wait staff in the perfect ambiance for a couple's night out. We both ordered risotto dishes (with scampi for her, and crab stuffed shrimp for myself) that were reminiscent and on par with the great risottos we had in Florence and Cinque terre (They were presented flawlessly and in perfect balance). Our antipasti dishes were also delicious. I had the fried calamari, which I have to say is probably the best I have outside of Riomaggiore, where I had calamari, that was taken from a boat 30 mins before being prepared at a squid only restaurant. My fiancée had prosciutto with 25 year balsamic vinegar, that was not only luxurious but prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Best restaurant meal .... EVERisolverDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant was very nice, waiter even nicer, and the food was out of this world! My wife and I both agreed it was likely the best meal we have ever eaten out. 3 hours of relaxed multicourse bliss. Simply amazing. Only one minor criticism: we did find the tables a little cramped together. As soon as the food started flowing, everything else around us faded away, and this was quickly forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/11/2014Hubby and I ate here on our last night in Montreal. Hubby had the rack of lamb - said it was his favorite meal in Montreal. That's saying something, since we were there for ten days and just ate our way through the city! I had the stuffed shrimp and thought it was just ok. We had as an appetizer the prosciutto with cheese and balsamic vinegar, and that, too, was just kinda ok. But to be fair, we had eaten a late lunch and I just wasn't that hungry that night. But, I LOVED the pancotta we shared for dessert, that was simply divine. The place was long and narrow, and the tables felt a bit close to each other. But it would be good for a romantic dinner. Staff was very attentive, water stayed full. Pricey, but we'd go back.Special Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We had to wait quite a while for our food, but staff was very nice and accommodating. Food was amazing and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!What an experience!TeatimedVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were a party of 5 and not one of us had anything to say but WOW! Everything was amazing from the appetizers to the dessert. The service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary45thAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014We went to Da Vinci's for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, wonderfully plated, and the service was impeccable. As there was a family party downstairs the Mâitre D suggested we sit upstairs and it was very comfortable. A great choice of restaurant on our part.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceLoulouDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great wine, great experience from the beginning through the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good classic restaurantFoodiesDined on 9/19/2014Very good and classy restaurant Food is old school no nonsense , very good quality , fresh and well seasoning Wine is too expensive thoughtSpecial Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsFoodie31Dined on 9/18/2014"Six of us had a fabulous evening. The searded scallops appetizer was outstanding and the ossobuco with risotto was delicious. Everyone else raved about their meals and the service was exceptional. I would not hesitate to return to Da Vinci for another special night out."Special Features:
- one of Montreal bestworldsmartDined on 9/13/2014Prompt and efficient valet service, my wife appreciated the valet's umbrella on a rainy and windy evening. We had overseas visitors. The conversation was great throughout. We had a Veuve to start with, the Scallots were ideal perfectly cooked starters followed by exquisite pastas and rizotos and the best tiaramisu I have had in my whole life. Our waiter made an excellent recommendation for wine in the price range of my choice. In short the most enjoyable evening our guests, my wife and I could have dreamed of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conventional Italian restaurantjfpcriticsDined on 9/12/2014The decor awfully doesn't fit. It's a mix of celebrity pictures and CH jerseys in very old house style dinning room. The plates are well prepared, yet not outstanding. Not a place for foodies, but for conventional Italian dishes lovers. A bit overpriced from my opinion for what we got.
- Excellent experienceCmacDined on 9/11/2014One of the most impressive dining atmospheres I've ever experienced. Staff were punctual and professional, food was delectable, and general atmosphere was welcoming and romantic. At no point did I feel rushed, and the wait staff were all very attentive to the table. Had a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!luvgoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014As a native of Montreal we had never had the pleasure of dining at Da Vinci until it was highly recommended by a friend. We are thrilled to be able to add Da Vinci to our list of fine restaurants. The service provided by Lavi was superb........very attentive. The scallops & fennel entrée was a feast for the senses as was the veal main course. Each bite was a delight. My husband ordered the rack of lamb which he said was the best he has ever had. Dessert was prepared as a surprise and was excellent. Both my husband and I will definitely return and bring our discerning friends.Special Features:
- Thank youMemoriesDined on 9/9/2014Thank you for making our special dinner at your restaurant another memorable evening after 34 years, where we had our first date. We enjoyed the special attention from our waiter and the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014As per usual when visiting Montreal, we had another fabulous evening at Da Vinci, food was excellent, service impeccable as usual, table was superb..Thanks again, look forward to next visit..Special Features:
- It was outstanding!BlueVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was fantastic! They have a very distinguish flavor,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Bell CentreOutandaboutDined on 7/5/2014Great location in order to eat and get to the Bell Centre for events. Osso bucco and seafood linguine were excellent. Waitstaff was very accommodating and helpful. Extensive wine menu.Special Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Da Vinci Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good food, great serviceFelisolDined on 5/27/2014So many years i forgot that good Italian resto in Downtown Montreal. Food is good and the service is very good. I will go back soon with more time to enjoy the place.Special Features:
- Never disappointedGintyDined on 5/19/2014I'm an out-of-town regular for more than 10 years, come to Davincis at least once/year, always have a superb dining experience, the Scallops appetizer and Osso Bucco entree are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night !!!JeffDined on 4/28/2014We had diner my wife and I on a quiet Monday night. Even if it was less busy , they made our diner a great experience and the food was very good. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Surprising find in bad locationJosh1782Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was within walking distance of the hotel and we were looking for some italian food so we went there. The food was amazing and decently priced for a fancy restaurant. The wine list is extensive, and they do offer valet service ($15 fee though which is high). The location doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very pretty on the inside. The only complaint I have is with the service. The waiter was very snooty to us as we were Americans and did not speak a lot of French. He kept walking past us and ignoring us completely. The helpers were much better with their service as they kept our cups full and took plates when appropriate. Don't let that discourage you though as the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Food was greatvmhutchDined on 4/26/2014Food was great. It was a little loud - but not overwhelmingly so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th wedding anniversaryrodger07Dined on 4/26/2014This evening was memorable - nice face to face with my spouse and great service until the place started to fill up. We were asked to change seat to accomodate a larger group and we agreed - we were about to order coffee & dessert. Then the wait started and everyone was taking care of the new customers - forget about the little couple - we had to ask for service all the way until departure. Besides that - Great place and very confortable, great food quality, well served with great employees. We even saw the owner who came to say hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leonardo would be proudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Fantastic food and impeccable service. While this restaurant is on the expensive side, the food served is worth every penny. Their rack of lamb is amazing and their filet mignon delicious. Really, everything is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End ExperienceDaveDined on 4/14/2014I hosted a small group of customers attending a conference nearby at Di Vinci. From the minute we arrived, we knew the experience was going to exceed expectations. The menu selections were varied without being overwhelming and everything was fantastic. What really stood out was the attention we received from the staff; our waiter was excellent and the sommelier was a great touch (very knowledgeable and helpful too). It is expensive, but the value is absolutely worth it! I will definitely be back, either for a business dinner or with my wife for an enjoyable night out with great food and great service.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsPierreVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nothing bad to say, food, service, wine list can not ask for better !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Amazing experience amazing service even seen a couple NHL players and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice for date night!SammyDined on 3/14/2014Went to Da Vinci once before many years ago and always wanted to go back. I was happy to find a coupon that made us half-price! Even though I think the restaurant a bit pricey, it is perfect for an anniversary! Great food, and for a friday night, it was not packed at all ( which I prefer!) Had a nice evening with my bf.Special Features:
- Service and food were very goodOnceaweekerDined on 3/14/2014Service and food were very good, but this restaurant was pricey for what you get. I would keep this one for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good per usualMikeDined on 3/12/2014Always a nice treat when in Montreal. Good service and good food. A little pricey for some people but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Quality Italian Food and ServiceCalibDined on 2/27/2014A great restaurant just a block from St Catherine Street in Downtown. They offer a wonderful menu, ample wine list and service that is always there but never obtrusive. Moderately pricey but worth every bit what you pay. There are several good Italian eateries in Montreal and I have sampled many. This is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic restaurant, neverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014a classic restaurant, never been disappointed. a little pricey but always consistentSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014The restaurant is lovely and the staff very helpful. The menu is varied in content and price. What a wine list! The only down side was a noisy table party of 2 couples, who insisted on sharing personal medical details about their pregnancy and other ailments with everyone. there is a limit with what staff can do to manage paying customers.... Beautiful decor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSOUMDined on 2/20/2014Food was great but a little expensive. Service was fine. Need to work on certain details. Ambiance is missing and a little noisy. Maybe for groups of 6 or more they should have the upstairs open.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant. FoodAlainDined on 2/15/2014Very good restaurant. Food and service are excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Impeccable,PierreVIPDined on 2/14/2014One of my favorite restaurant. Valet parking ( $ 15 ), so no problem to park. We had reservation for Valentines. For that occasion they had singers, and our table was too close from them, so was very noisy, tables were also very close to each other. But it is like that in any restaurant for that occasion. They had a fix menu, I don t like that too much, but again, that night it the same thing everywhere. But even taht nignt service was impeccable, food was really good, nothing to complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD CHOICE FOR SPECIAL NIGHT OUTAlan39Dined on 2/14/2014Chosen for St. Valentine's, Da Vinci did the job both gastronomically and romantically.The special menu was interesting - seafood gnochi followed by sea bass and ending with creme brulee with canolli. We eschewed the impresssive, extravagant and almost exclusively Italian wine list in favour of $14 glasses of adequate Chardonnay. The atmosphere was fine after we moved upstairs and away from the loud and live entertainment. It would probably be quieter and more romantic on a regular dining evening. While most restaurants charge higher prices on such special occasions as St. valentine's, Da Vinci might better be reserved for a special occasion, though, since the cost of the meal would have kept Leonardo well fed for a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found the restaurant onClementineDined on 2/7/2014I found the restaurant on Open table, we enjoyed the evening. Food and service were very good, just the right serving size. I would only go there for special occasion, as the price is on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dinnerDinerdelightDined on 2/6/2014My overall experience was great however the food was cold and this removed some of the pleasant experience I hoped for when eating Lamb or Veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchdrinkandeatVIPDined on 2/6/2014Very good lunch. Great service. Fish of the day was great. Burrata was great, too.