Ristorante Ciao - Naples
835 4th Ave S
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Ciao - Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ristoranteciao.com/
- Phone: 2392633889
- Hours of Operation:
Re-opening for lunch October 1st
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed Sundays from June - September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Loreti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for private dining accommodations offering Naples' finest Italian cuisine in an intimate ambiance for a celebration dinner or business function, then Ciao is just the place. Ciao has 2 private dining rooms; 1 for up to 14 guests, the other up to 36. Semi-private dining for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Rosen or Gianfranco Loreti 2392633889
- Cross Street: US 41 (Tamiami Trail)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is plentiful for diners at Ciao. There is street parking right in front of the restaurant, a municipal parking lot across the street which is available, and lastly we have a parking lot for approximately 20 cars directly behind the restaurant.
A word from Ristorante Ciao - Naples
Those who appreciate fine dining have recognized Ciao as Southwest Florida's best Italian cuisine for 25 years. Entering Ciao's recently re-modeled, elegant dining room, you know you are about to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. Chef/Owner Gianfranco invites you to enjoy traditional Italian dishes and his special creations. Appetizers include the award-winning Asparagi In Camicia and Calamari Al Parmigiano. Homemade pasta dishes include popular traditional ones, as well as many Chef's Specials, such as Fettuccine Ciao made with fresh Maine lobster. Enjoy the best OssoBuco you ever tasted, as well as fresh seafood prepared in various ways. Finish your meal with one of many homemade desserts, including Tiramisu and a unique Warm Zabaglione. Ciao has a full bar and an extensive wine list, featuring some of Italy's best kept secrets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Ciao - Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)romantic (10)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Ciao for our 20th anniversary. It's been our long term favorite restaurant. They reserved a special table for us and the service and food were both excellent. M.FaltonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014It was a fabulous evening. The dinner was the best fish dish I have had at any restaurant. Ciao is or favorite Naples restaurant. Great for special occasions or just an evening out. EVERYONE is pleasant and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLadyDiDined on 9/6/2014I reserved noting birthday celebration. We were seated at a lovely table in the sparkling clean window and greeted with a glass of Prosecco. The special menu included a good selection including a very nice salad. Food was very hot and served together. When asked for clarification on the special menu combined with the regular menu the waiter very graciously responded we could combine and the price would be split and a glass of wine included. Often requests are handled poorly with little or no flexibility. Ciao is a perfect example of a locally owned Naples restaurant that has continued its standards of excellence and consistency while meeting demands of competition from establishments held by large companies. We will be back.Special Features:
- Appetizers to die forBotbotVIPDined on 9/5/2014I ordered the Prociutto and melon appetizer. It was outstanding. My fiancé had the Ciao salad and said it was terrific. We both ordered the lobster fettucine and it was fair.Special Features:
- Could be betterrjf49VIPDined on 8/29/2014The pasta entrees we ordered from the summer dining special menu were very disappointing, however the basa entree was very well prepared. The house salad was terrible, a little lettuce and a couple cucumber slices with a vinaigrette dressing that was almost all vinegar and no oil. There was no other choice of dressing offered. The pasta with chicken in a light tomato sauce came with almost no chicken and the sauce was very watery and very underseasoned.
- Review of CiaoBobofNaplesDined on 8/28/2014Good food and service at reasonable price. Very consistant. W had the chicken marsala.Special Features:
- Simply excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinners, carefully prepared, brought to the table on a serving cart, and uncovered by our waitress. . .who also was extraordinarily attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRSmithDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful romantic evening. The summer special was a great deal. Dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine for $35.00. The chef and owner even came out to talk to my girlfriend and I. All and all a wonderful night out without the kids. Much neededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night.hilanderDined on 7/12/2014Have been here before. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, service& specials. GREAT DEAL, WITH THE WINE SPECIAL. Even brought us a floor wine bucket. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BothernancyinnaplesDined on 7/12/2014Food was just okay, nothing special at all. Salad was the best part, entrees all were bland.
- Good RestaurantBobofNaplesDined on 6/28/2014Food and service are very good. Quiet atmosphere which allows for very pleasant dining.Special Features:
- won't go backnaplesresidentVIPDined on 5/25/2014Never had Italian food that was bland! No seasoning was used on Carpacicco nor Caprese Salad. Entree's of Osso Buo and Veal chop milanse were only fair, then to top it off the waitress forgot our 2nd glass of wine, prices are comparable to other nearby Italian resturants, but the service and food cannot compare. Go to one of the others on 5th Avenue.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Ristorante Ciao - Naples reviews archive.
- Excellent Restaurant!DgdcaVIPDined on 5/15/2014We have eaten here at least 4 times and have always had good service and great food, The early dining option is worth itSpecial Features:
- early dining menuLuckymeVIPDined on 5/9/2014we found the quality of food to be not as good on the early dining menu. It seems the chef did not pay much attention to the mixed fishes with pasta dish. The sauce lacked flavor and the fish was overcooked. the other fish dish (bassa)? came with reheated potatoes (far from fresh) and vegetables. The Italian bread was like Wonder bread - real mushy. We have been to this restaurant several times on special events he had and we were not disappointed. Being Italian, we are very critical when it comes to good Italian food. Disappointed. My husband and I could have cooked a better meal, sorry to say.
- Nice placetonydonnaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Service was outstanding, food was very good and noise level acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLuckymeVIPDined on 4/20/2014we went Easter Sunday and both had the lamb shank. The meat fell right off the bone, it was so tender. Came with roasted potatoes and jullienne vegetables. Would have preferred roasted veggies as well, instead of steamed. Also enjoyed the wine we chose from Italy.Special Features:
- Fork TendertominnaplesVIPDined on 4/18/2014The veal dishes is "FORK TENDER". One of the best in Naples. Service great.Special Features:
- DisappointedalfthecatDined on 4/16/2014Our party went to Ciao for the early bird dinner. I ordered the Chicken Piccata. Not alot of flavor for this dish which has always been a favorite of mine. My main complaint was the dinner came with a house salad. I asked if I could change the house salad to a Caesar salad. No problem I was told. Not a word was said about there being a charge for this change. I wouldn't have minded paying a few dollars more but found out after we left that we were charged $10. extra for the change. I thought that was outrageous. Two people had Pasta dishes which were alright. My husband had the Liver which he said was alright.
- Good ItalianFrankDined on 4/12/2014Food excellent. Best Italian rest we've eaten at in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time for LunchlaurienaplesflVIPDined on 3/31/2014Have been to Ciao many times for dinner over the past 15-20 years, but this was the first time for lunch. There was only one other table besides us, what a shame. The Wedding Soup was super, but the grilled artichokes were not trimmed as well as I've had them at dinner. Maybe the specials are the way to go rather than ordering from the menu. Almost felt like lunch was an afterthought while they were preparing for dinner. Will try again, though, so they can prove me wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for average foodLwerVIPDined on 3/26/2014The service and attention given us was very good. The decor looks like the restaurant has had same furniture for years. The atmosphere was far less than I expected from reading previous reviews.
- Why reservations are always open!!!ETdinesalotDined on 3/25/2014Let me begin by saying that our experience at Ciao was a pretty good one. The food is good to very good....everything ordered on this trip was well prepared and tasty. But I figured out why this restaurant always has open time slots on open table...even on busy weekend nights. 1. The restaurant is very large. 2. The ambiance is lacking....the place is a throwback and could use an update. 2. The service, for the prices charged, doesn't measure up. The price tag is a bit high...not unreasonable...but high for the service level. Staff is slow and unrefined in process. Food delivered on carts with metal covers. If you need a place to eat and can't get a reservation at a more current restaurant....the food won't disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old NaplesDJosVIPDined on 3/22/2014A real find in Old Naples...we loved it ! A long time restaurant and true to its name, it did not disappoint. An acquaintance who spends his summers in Italy told us it was his favorite Itailian restaurant in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time we were here andfloraDined on 3/7/2014First time we were here and very happy with food & service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We really have found thisforteDined on 3/3/2014We really have found this restaurant to be consistently good with great variety and always friendly staff. Molto bene!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Gem2long2waitVIPDined on 2/25/2014Wonderful little gem off the 5 th avenue strip. My husband had the veal ravioli and I had the veal Marsala. We also had good salads. Warm bread. We are keeping this spot on our list for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with Friends at CiaoMDS60Dined on 2/20/2014I was in Naples, FL in February and visited Ciao on Fourth for the second time. It was my second excellent experience. The reservation was kept on time. The server was pleasant and attentive. The appetizers were wonderful, especially an artichoke-focused special. On my first visit, I had the Osso Bucco, which was phenomenal. So I had to deviate this time, enjoying instead a wonderful Veal Milanese, with wonderful flavors including wild mushrooms, over fresh pasta. Others in my party had everything from salads, to fish, to the filet mignon medallions, to veal parmigiana. Everything was wonderful - not a complaint in the group. Wine list was robust with many choices and not at all over-priced. Excellent Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not feel welcomeJerseyborn56Dined on 2/13/2014Was highly recommended. Portions were small. Prices were high. Seemed like regulars were catered to. We were the only table with black napkins everyone else had white? Veal Parm had a pink sauce with chunks of tomato and onion between the cheese and veal. Did not like the onion taste on the veal. Veal Marsala had a tiny portion of veal. Waitress did not give the right change. Very disappointed in the experience.Special Features:
- Nice EveningPhillyJuanDined on 2/8/2014Old school Italian. The good old school. Like having dinner in your Nonna's dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little OasisDanCVIPDined on 2/6/2014Always calm, an oasis from the frantic in season downtown Naples scene. Ciao has an old world feel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten pathPattiDined on 2/4/2014This is a great Naples restaurant but not on the packed streets that this time of year is always present. White table cloths ,olive oil are on the table. Succulent meats and pastas, great and extensive wine selection and wait staff on their toes but not hovering will be found,Special Features:
- Good taste ... good recipesJacyDined on 1/30/2014Good taste ... good recipes and good qualite of food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealKreaVIPDined on 1/24/2014You just can't go wrong here. The only problem I have here is choosing what to eat. They have a great menu and everything is so wonderful.
- We had a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/24/2014We had a very nice dinner and the restaurant graciously gave us each a glass of prosecco since we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef not flexiblepbb1VIPDined on 1/23/2014Ordered FILET MIGNON medallions very rare and asked for the wine sauce on the side. Expecting our entrees the waitress came back stating the chef would do the steak MEDIUM-RARE, but not very RARE since it was against the law. I asked why OUTBACK, CAPITAL GRILLE, etc all served RARE steaks. No valid reason given by the waitress, who proceeded back to the kitchen to relay my message. She then came back with "the chef will do it rare", which I accepted after this scene held in front of our guests and delaying all the entrees being delivered. When the steak did come, it was rare BUT wine sauce all over it. When I asked the waitress why she could not honor my dietary request, she stated the chef didn't feel it was right without the sauce.Special Features:
- it's been several years sinceMunchVIPDined on 1/22/2014it's been several years since I was last at Ciao and I still found it as enjoyable as I remembered! My friends thought that their meals were very tasty and with two of us being Italian, we thought the food was very authentic! I was a bit surprised that it was as pricey as it was - my veal special was quite good, but the amount of veal in the dish was not as large as I would have expected for the $36.00 price - one of my friends had the fish special, and his dish seemed a better value (it, too, was very good). All in all, we three enjoyed our meals very much and would certainly recommend Ciao to others! It was a quite night there, so we were able to have a conversation without yelling across the table - a very BIG PLUS indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014We have dined at Ciao for almost 20 years and this experience was very disappointing. A great restaurant like this should be careful not to fall victim to trying to satisfy a crowd that is too large witha waitstaff that cannot handle it. The food as well has progressed beyond good food that justifies the price. It was out of line. My scallop, lobster and shrimp dish was served barely lukewarm after an hour and a half. And the dish was nowhere near worth the $36 price tag. Our dining partners were embarrassed for having recommended Ciao.
- SloooowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We were seated at 6:30pm. We ordered wine, salads and entrees. By the time we were served and finished it was 9pm. The lemon sole, which three of us ordered, was cooker perfectly, but was swimming in a very watery sauce that zapped all of the flavor from the fish. It was very bland. But the lobster ravioli was delicious. Unfortunately only one of us ordered that. There are too many very good restaurants in Naples to have such slow service and bland food.
- Over cooked & under spicedNaplesNativeVIPDined on 1/15/2014We've eaten here several times before and had good food. That is why we were so disappointed with our last meal. The pasta was mushy, and the sauce was bland. We always overlooked the blah, tired atmosphere because the food was good -- not sure what the problem was in the kitchen.
- Go elsewhereHillNimoVIPDined on 12/28/2013Outdated interior, over priced, and uninspired food.