Ristorante Ciao - Naples
835 4th Ave S
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Ciao - Naples
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ristoranteciao.com/
- Phone: (239) 263-3889
- Hours of Operation:
Re-opening for lunch October 1st
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed Sundays from June - September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianfranco Loreti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for private dining accommodations offering Naples' finest Italian cuisine in an intimate ambiance for a celebration dinner or business function, then Ciao is just the place. Ciao has 2 private dining rooms; 1 for up to 14 guests, the other up to 36. Semi-private dining for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Rosen or Gianfranco Loreti 2392633889
- Cross Street: US 41 (Tamiami Trail)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is plentiful for diners at Ciao. There is street parking right in front of the restaurant, a municipal parking lot across the street which is available, and lastly we have a parking lot for approximately 20 cars directly behind the restaurant.
A word from Ristorante Ciao - Naples
Those who appreciate fine dining have recognized Ciao as Southwest Florida's best Italian cuisine for 25 years. Entering Ciao's recently re-modeled, elegant dining room, you know you are about to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. Chef/Owner Gianfranco invites you to enjoy traditional Italian dishes and his special creations. Appetizers include the award-winning Asparagi In Camicia and Calamari Al Parmigiano. Homemade pasta dishes include popular traditional ones, as well as many Chef's Specials, such as Fettuccine Ciao made with fresh Maine lobster. Enjoy the best OssoBuco you ever tasted, as well as fresh seafood prepared in various ways. Finish your meal with one of many homemade desserts, including Tiramisu and a unique Warm Zabaglione. Ciao has a full bar and an extensive wine list, featuring some of Italy's best kept secrets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Ciao - Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (12)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always Delicious!BCCMVIPDined on 11/9/2014We returned to Ciao with 3 friends who are foodies from out of town. It was another fabulous experience. The food was delicious. The calamari was like none I have ever had. Melted in your mouth. We all 5 had different dishes and all were amazing. At the end of the meal Chef JeanFranco came to our table and talked about his time in Rome and how he ended up in America. A very delightful evening. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Ten years ago we thought the food was great. In recent years the food is just good.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Great Italian restaurant. We had a large party of 16. Not one complaint on the entree ordered. It was fantastic.Special Features:
- Ciao!SDDinerDined on 10/31/2014We had a group of 16 here on Halloween. We were warmly welcomed- even dressed in Halloween attire. The service and food were both fabulous. The chef/owner came out to visit and could not have been nicer. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014Ciao is a restaurant that consistently serves good food. The interior is a quiet surrounding so the noise level is low -- a character which is much appreciated in this high-tech, hard service era of restaurant design. The tables have good space between them so one is not sitting o top of the diners at adjoining areas.Special Features:
- it was goodmomof3Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner the other night. Wait staff was very attentive. The food was good. Asparagus app was good but loaded with some kind of sauce. I had the risotto which I enjoyed but it was super creamy. The food was fresh. The location Is not the best. It is on 4th street near 41. It real has no ambience at all. It is huge inside so if you have a big affair it can hold your group and the food is good.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBCCMVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've driven by Ciao many times and always wondered about it. So we decided to make it a destination. We're happy we did. The food was superb surpassed only by our fabulous server. The place was small and friendly. A definite GEM!Special Features:
- Good ValueOutstandingDined on 10/24/2014It has been a few years since we visited Ciao so when we heard they had an early bird special we decided to try again. My thought was, if the food isn't great at least we aren't out $150 for dinner (which is the case so many times). So, we went with another couple and we were pleasantly surprised. The early bird had a limited menu however there was something for everyone. I believe the price was $39.95 for 2 entrees and a bottle of wine. We all had something different and all entrees were very good, mine was the least flavorful of all ( I had a pasta with prosciutto, peas and it was supposed to have a creamy sauce but it didn't). The Manicotti was excellent as was the Bassa and the Chicken Marsalla. Overall I would try it again.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentCharlieVIPDined on 10/23/2014If we could, we'd eat here every night. Can't find better food in Naples.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2014We were a party of four. You think about Italy and then this ambiance...??!!! Also the service was very disappointing and the server added the tip to the bill (party of four) without even telling us. Not fair. The wine list was very long, but you think Italy, you think Italian wine, right? not Spanish, Argentinian, not south African... I could go on. The wines were expensive. But here is the good news, if you like to go cheap, try special dinner promotion incl. wine for $34.99. Never again.
- foodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014The room is nice with a quiet, unrushed ambiance. The service was wonderful and the food delectable. I am glad I found it.Special Features:
- ConsistentSrCitizenDined on 10/4/2014We have been going to Ristorante Ciao for seven years. The food consistently has been excellent. The osso buco is one of the best in Naples, and the fettuccine with lobster is outstanding.Special Features:
- Good choice!smaxxDined on 10/3/2014We took advantage of their special pricing with a bottle of wine. The food was very good....of course it was an inexpensive bottle of wine which was just ok. To be expected. Their food is a little expensive as well as their wine but with a "special", it is great!!!Special Features:
- Good Value, Excellent ServiceDiner2SomeDined on 10/3/2014The outstanding experience of the evening was our waitress. She was courteous, friendly, prompt, and dealt so efficiently with our group of 9. She even reminded us when it got close to curtain time, so we wouldn't be late for the performance! Our food choice was one of the Two Entrees with a Bottle of Wine specials for about $35. The food was tasty but not remarkable and the wine was drinkable. However, in view of the low price, we had good value and an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A nice find!AlDudeDined on 9/26/2014This was an excellent meal. We especially enjoyed the food, and it was a great value on the early bird menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Incredible foodN2BKSDined on 9/20/2014Wow!!!! We had eight people at Ciao's for dinner and everyone was thrilled from the wonderfully prepared fish to the pasta dishes.Special Features:
- High quality diningNanaDined on 9/20/2014Northern Italian cuisine served to perfection. Our new Naples favorite.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerNiceeveningDined on 9/15/2014We went to Ciao for our 20th anniversary. It's been our long term favorite restaurant. They reserved a special table for us and the service and food were both excellent. M.FaltonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014It was a fabulous evening. The dinner was the best fish dish I have had at any restaurant. Ciao is or favorite Naples restaurant. Great for special occasions or just an evening out. EVERYONE is pleasant and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLadyDiDined on 9/6/2014I reserved noting birthday celebration. We were seated at a lovely table in the sparkling clean window and greeted with a glass of Prosecco. The special menu included a good selection including a very nice salad. Food was very hot and served together. When asked for clarification on the special menu combined with the regular menu the waiter very graciously responded we could combine and the price would be split and a glass of wine included. Often requests are handled poorly with little or no flexibility. Ciao is a perfect example of a locally owned Naples restaurant that has continued its standards of excellence and consistency while meeting demands of competition from establishments held by large companies. We will be back.Special Features:
- Appetizers to die forBotbotVIPDined on 9/5/2014I ordered the Prociutto and melon appetizer. It was outstanding. My fiancé had the Ciao salad and said it was terrific. We both ordered the lobster fettucine and it was fair.Special Features:
- Could be betterrjf49VIPDined on 8/29/2014The pasta entrees we ordered from the summer dining special menu were very disappointing, however the basa entree was very well prepared. The house salad was terrible, a little lettuce and a couple cucumber slices with a vinaigrette dressing that was almost all vinegar and no oil. There was no other choice of dressing offered. The pasta with chicken in a light tomato sauce came with almost no chicken and the sauce was very watery and very underseasoned.
- Review of CiaoBobofNaplesDined on 8/28/2014Good food and service at reasonable price. Very consistant. W had the chicken marsala.Special Features:
- Simply excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinners, carefully prepared, brought to the table on a serving cart, and uncovered by our waitress. . .who also was extraordinarily attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRSmithDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful romantic evening. The summer special was a great deal. Dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine for $35.00. The chef and owner even came out to talk to my girlfriend and I. All and all a wonderful night out without the kids. Much neededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Ristorante Ciao - Naples reviews archive.
- A great night.hilanderDined on 7/12/2014Have been here before. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, service& specials. GREAT DEAL, WITH THE WINE SPECIAL. Even brought us a floor wine bucket. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BothernancyinnaplesDined on 7/12/2014Food was just okay, nothing special at all. Salad was the best part, entrees all were bland.
- Good RestaurantBobofNaplesDined on 6/28/2014Food and service are very good. Quiet atmosphere which allows for very pleasant dining.Special Features:
- won't go backnaplesresidentVIPDined on 5/25/2014Never had Italian food that was bland! No seasoning was used on Carpacicco nor Caprese Salad. Entree's of Osso Buo and Veal chop milanse were only fair, then to top it off the waitress forgot our 2nd glass of wine, prices are comparable to other nearby Italian resturants, but the service and food cannot compare. Go to one of the others on 5th Avenue.
- Excellent Restaurant!DgdcaVIPDined on 5/15/2014We have eaten here at least 4 times and have always had good service and great food, The early dining option is worth itSpecial Features:
- early dining menuLuckymeVIPDined on 5/9/2014we found the quality of food to be not as good on the early dining menu. It seems the chef did not pay much attention to the mixed fishes with pasta dish. The sauce lacked flavor and the fish was overcooked. the other fish dish (bassa)? came with reheated potatoes (far from fresh) and vegetables. The Italian bread was like Wonder bread - real mushy. We have been to this restaurant several times on special events he had and we were not disappointed. Being Italian, we are very critical when it comes to good Italian food. Disappointed. My husband and I could have cooked a better meal, sorry to say.
- Nice placetonydonnaVIPDined on 4/25/2014Service was outstanding, food was very good and noise level acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLuckymeVIPDined on 4/20/2014we went Easter Sunday and both had the lamb shank. The meat fell right off the bone, it was so tender. Came with roasted potatoes and jullienne vegetables. Would have preferred roasted veggies as well, instead of steamed. Also enjoyed the wine we chose from Italy.Special Features:
- Fork TendertominnaplesVIPDined on 4/18/2014The veal dishes is "FORK TENDER". One of the best in Naples. Service great.Special Features:
- DisappointedalfthecatDined on 4/16/2014Our party went to Ciao for the early bird dinner. I ordered the Chicken Piccata. Not alot of flavor for this dish which has always been a favorite of mine. My main complaint was the dinner came with a house salad. I asked if I could change the house salad to a Caesar salad. No problem I was told. Not a word was said about there being a charge for this change. I wouldn't have minded paying a few dollars more but found out after we left that we were charged $10. extra for the change. I thought that was outrageous. Two people had Pasta dishes which were alright. My husband had the Liver which he said was alright.
- Good ItalianFrankDined on 4/12/2014Food excellent. Best Italian rest we've eaten at in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time for LunchlaurienaplesflVIPDined on 3/31/2014Have been to Ciao many times for dinner over the past 15-20 years, but this was the first time for lunch. There was only one other table besides us, what a shame. The Wedding Soup was super, but the grilled artichokes were not trimmed as well as I've had them at dinner. Maybe the specials are the way to go rather than ordering from the menu. Almost felt like lunch was an afterthought while they were preparing for dinner. Will try again, though, so they can prove me wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for average foodLwerVIPDined on 3/26/2014The service and attention given us was very good. The decor looks like the restaurant has had same furniture for years. The atmosphere was far less than I expected from reading previous reviews.
- Why reservations are always open!!!ETdinesalotVIPDined on 3/25/2014Let me begin by saying that our experience at Ciao was a pretty good one. The food is good to very good....everything ordered on this trip was well prepared and tasty. But I figured out why this restaurant always has open time slots on open table...even on busy weekend nights. 1. The restaurant is very large. 2. The ambiance is lacking....the place is a throwback and could use an update. 2. The service, for the prices charged, doesn't measure up. The price tag is a bit high...not unreasonable...but high for the service level. Staff is slow and unrefined in process. Food delivered on carts with metal covers. If you need a place to eat and can't get a reservation at a more current restaurant....the food won't disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old NaplesDJosVIPDined on 3/22/2014A real find in Old Naples...we loved it ! A long time restaurant and true to its name, it did not disappoint. An acquaintance who spends his summers in Italy told us it was his favorite Itailian restaurant in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.