2040 Rue Peel
Montreal, QC H3A 2R4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantecavalli.com/
- Phone: 15148435100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday to Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday to Saturday : 6:00pm - 11:00pm
The Bar is open until 3am from Thursday to Saturday, special guest DJ.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Gioffre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You have come for the experience… Now let the experience come to you BICE CATERING has maintained a reputation of creative cuisines, flawless execution and unparalleled customer service. We believe a successful event goes beyond serving culinary delights. Whether you are planning a wedding, business engagement, social affair, gala or fundraiser, from traditional favorites to inspired new creations, innovative menu planning, and the highest standards in service, we pride ourselves on making every event a success.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The multi-level restaurant offers the main dining/bar area accommodating up to 165 guests. The striking upstairs dining/bar facility can accommodate 150 guests. With a spectacular open space concept which would be a magnificent venue to rent out for your next business or social function.
- Private Party Contact: Giorgio Damiani 15148066524x
- Entertainment: A Resident DJ on Weekend Evenings, spins the hottest jams keeping a great vibe flowing throughout the night!
- Special Events: Please contact:
A word from Ristorante Cavalli
Ristorante Cavalli is a multi-leveled beacon of glamour and culinary sophistication in the heart of downtown Montreal. Adventurous yet restrained, bold but with a cultivated balance, Cavalli’s multi-course menu highlights carefully chosen meat and seafood selections enhanced by complimentary vegetable and grain accompaniments. Featuring over 200 selections from the world’s premiere growing regions, Cavalli’s wine list has been meticulously chosen to offer classic food vintages and refined indulgences for the astute connoisseur. The large elegant space acts as the perfect stylish venue to impress any list of invited guests or business clientele. Our guests experience a gastronomic evening of savory market cuisine, bold wine, stylish clientele and elegant décor!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Cavalli reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not as expected.. At all.AudreyVIPDined on 8/25/2014It was our first time at Cavalli. We've been hearing the name so many times before so we decided to go. I always go to expensive places but I wasn't too crazy about going to a place where people like to show off (words of the streets). People weren't showing off, good ambiance, but the service we had was not good, it was awkward. Young buss boys talking to us first in French, then in English.. I mean, we were basically the only ones, don't you remember us? And the worst, we were a party of two, and they decided to sit a party of at least eight people JUST RIGHT NEXT TO US. We couldn't hear each other talking for God's sake. What a bad unprofessional move. And the food was just so ordinary, like crazy plain and too cooked. A waste of time.Special Features:
- SERVICEHugoDined on 8/22/2014What happened to the great service of Cavalli? there were 4 tables occupied for lunch on a friday, plenty of waiters, but always in the hiding. the pasta I ordered were simply very ordinary. hope it will be better next time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHappyDinerDined on 7/19/2014Service was great, food was great, waitresses were great!! No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBedfordDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has great ambiance and the starter salad with prosciutto was excellent although pricey. The fettuccine was good but expected a little more after tasting the delicious salad. People watching on Saturday night was entertaining with the Italian clientele and luxury cars coming and going out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dance Club with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2014My wife, daughter, and I booked Cavalli because it was close to our hotel, sounded great from the reviews, and the dress was casual. We had just finished a very long drive to Montreal. The restaurant was very nice, food was great, and the service was awesome. It was a little loud for us, as there was a DJ playing fairly loud dance music. The servers were all dressed in a Robert Palmer "Simply Irresistible" video sort of way, and we felt very under-dressed. I would definitely recommend Cavalli, but keep in mind, it may be loud and club-like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très ordinaireOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/3/2014Nous sommes allés un jeudi et il y avait presque personne dans le resto, c'était plus que tranquille. La cuisine est ok, mais sans plus sauf pour le pain qui était excellent. Le service n'est pas attentionné.
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014Great service, even better food. The place looks amazing and the ambiance is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had res. confirmed but closedbrunswickerDined on 6/9/2014We booked on open table through their website for Monday night at 7:30 PM for 4 relatives of mine from Europe. I received the confirmation email confirming my reservation. Arrived at the Restaurant to find it closed!! Very disappointed!! Someone should of called to say it wasn't open, i looked like a fool in front of my relatives!
- Reservation but restaurant closedJWO1Dined on 6/9/2014I showed up for my reserved seating only to be told that the restaurant was closed on Monday to clean up after the weekend's F1 activities. Apparently no one had bothered to block off the Open Table reservation system. Thus, I had to wait for my customer guest to arrive and then find other restaurant. Very disappointing.
- The following 153 reviews are from the Ristorante Cavalli reviews archive.
- closedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Cavalli was closed for renovations so we had to go elsewhere for dinner. It should not be available for reservations to save people the hassle
- Bad experienceBakerDined on 2/19/2014To start with, they had no beer at all to serve to one of my no-wine-drinker guest. I had tiger shrimps which came almost raw. I returned them and the very same shrimps came back all burned out. I refused them. Later on they brought grappa and some sweets, we kind of appreciated until I found that the sweets and the grappa were on my bill. They took them off but it was way too late. No way that I will return.
- réputation surfaiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Service plus que moyen (ex. La serveuse a lancé le menu des desserts sur notre table et est repartie). Restaurant extrêmement sombre (plusieurs clients utilisaient leur Iphone pour lire le menu !!!). Pas de beurre sur la table, pain ordinaire. Peu d'attention accordée aux clients. Nous nous serions attendus à plus de cet endroit… sommes toutes, branché !Special Features:
- Cavalli is a lot of fun andwines123VIPDined on 11/23/2013Cavalli is a lot of fun and I would suggest you go on a Thursday not Saturday, Saturday is very quiet. The food was surprisingly quite good but the service was the pits. The waitresses who work there are hired as eye candy, not for their ability to take an order. If you can get over the fact that once your food is served you wont see your waitress until it time for the bill you will have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends had the seabassBacheloretteDined on 10/26/2013My friends had the seabass and I had the prawns. Both were absolutely amazing! The service was a little slow in the beginning but we were in no rush. Waitresses were very friendly and attentive. A little quiet for a Saturday night but a great place to start out, especially for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAcemikeDined on 10/16/2013Everything was fantastic. It is a bit expensive, for most things however. The food was fantastic though. One thing that i should mention to everyone is that they charge you for water, sparkling or flat. In my case i was not informed so i was a bit upset. 8.50$ by the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,terrible customer serviceWanderlustRNDined on 9/21/2013I dined here on a busy Saturday night. I had lobster fettuchini. Pasta was perfectly al dente (hard to find) and the lobster was yummy. Great lively ambiance, it almost looks like a club. Despite enjoying the meal I would NEVER return here because of how I was treated by the host. Because I was dining alone, the host refused to seat me in the dining room (even though it was half empty). I was forced to sit at the bar. The bartender was busy and the staffing short, so service wasn't great, but she was far nicer that the host, who was brisk and gave no apology. It just ruined my who experience. I ordered dessert but took it to go because I just didn't want to be there anymore.Special Features:
- Pretentious and over-priced food.HunnyhopDined on 9/14/2013Not only is this restaurant dead on the weekend, but a bowl of macaroni and cheese cost $30! I see this place going downhill. The staff are great but the food and hours were lacking.
- average this timecsoumVIPDined on 8/15/2013Cavalli's is usually very good, but this time I wasn't impressed. Took the lunch menu. Calamari was hard and chewy and the cabonnara was really not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Money WastedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2013Not at all happy with the experience. We spend an incredible amount of money only to be disappointed. It seems like the restaurant is simply trying too hard. Aside from the food being totally underwhelming, we opted out of a bottle of wine simply because the prices were 3-4x retail, unheard in our experience anywhere. Would not recommend, would not go again.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentphilly66Dined on 7/16/2013Food was great , wine was great and as usual the servers were exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nous avons pas eu beaucoupAlexDined on 7/3/2013Nous avons pas eu beaucoup de service de la serveuse nous avons du la chercher pendant 20 min malgres le resto peu achalandé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your Apron!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013The Gals were rude, the Pals were totally confused! No Plate was coming to the right person, the service was rude and to top it off, they dropped a Lamb Chop on our guest. Thank God the Food was good... for Good service, go somewhere else.
- Great place love it everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013Great place love it everytime we go. Super trendy, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, food bleh, nice decoLtphmDined on 6/1/2013Wouldn't go if you want a nice romantic dinner...music really loud...Special Features:
- Great food - not service supportedLarryDevil13Dined on 5/16/2013Obviously, serving staff hired for their "personality" and not for service skills...One would not expect how great the food is! Tasty, fresh, well presented. Would benefit just to turn the service notch a bit, and some things as simple as refresh water, serve wine and follow up on serving. Great bar staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing. The food was'tThaSanDined on 5/9/2013Disappointing. The food was't good. Music too Loud. I don't recommend.Special Features:
- Disappointedyummi81VIPDined on 5/9/2013As soon as I walked in, I said that I had a reservation for 3. Without asking for my name, the guy told the lady where to sit us. The weather was great, the restaurant wasn't full (it was 7:30pm) and yet, we were sat at the back of the restaurant, right next to the kitchen. My sister asked the lady if there was a possibility that we could sit somewhere else, to which she replied rudely that this is where she was told to make us sit. Since it was my birthday, my sister didn't want to make a fuss, but this was enough to upset all of us including me. Right then, choosing Cavalli for my birthday dinner felt like a mistake. On top of this service wasn't great, we felt left out, we didn't even order dessert as we were just impatient to leave.
- The food was good but wayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013The food was good but way overpriced. $30 for spaghetti carbonara or 2 mini pieces of filet mignon is not enough! Also, waiters should mention that they charge for flat or sparkling water instead of asking which one of the two we would like and then adding it to the bill, without the client knowing, not respectful of their clients. Last thing is that they should know how Visa Gift Cards work because the waiter was never able to charge ours and we ended up paying the full amount with our own credit card instead of using our gift card. Now that we called Visa, we know that restaurants freeze 20% of the amount. Would not return, not impressed and again, overpriced
- Food was amazing! Tartar wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013Food was amazing! Tartar was the table favourite. We were a group of 5 out for a 30th birthday celebration. Service was pretty good... everything arrived in a timely fashion. Everyone was satisfied with their meal - so good! Perfect portions.Special Features:
- Ambiance is amazing, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Ambiance is amazing, service attentive, food incredible!Special Features:
- you should not charge forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013you should not charge for refill for regular coffee...
- Exquisite Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013It is an amazing restaurant to visit. The service is great and the food is fit for a king. So we strongly recommand it.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time...ROdneyDined on 12/31/2012I would not visit this restaurant if it was the last place on earth and I was dying of starvation. You can take your chances and waste your money at this place, but be warned that if you have any type of problem, you WILL NOT be treated with professionalism or courtesy. You will immediately receive a harsh, unprofessional, and unconcerned response from the arrogant GM or Owner, who will not take one single moment to listen to your issue. They immediately come up to you with an attitude and do not attempt to create any positive resolution. In fact, it is quite evident that the people at this place have no clue of what customer service is, nor do they care. There are reasons why this place tries to conceal its bad reviews. Don't go.
- Good Restaurant Bad StrategyPaulYULVIPDined on 12/20/2012I go to Cavalli's often for our annual Christmas boys liquid lunch and its usually memorable however this year will be our last unless they assure us this year was a brain cramp. They decided to go for quantity over quality and offered only a fixed table hote with only 3 or 4 mains. The menu was a photocopied page, the service was slow, and my veal chop was overcooked like off an assembly line. I understand we are not the highest rollers but for a 1200$ lunch for 7 we expect a little more respect. I organized another liquid lunch the prior Thursday at Tapeo and we were treated like Dons.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012We had a fantastic experience dining at Cavalli's. The ambiance, service and most importantly the food was exceptional! We didn't realize food could taste so good. We'll be definitely returning!Special Features:
- My impression was, they hireJayVeeDined on 11/22/2012My impression was, they hire the waitresses based on attractiveness first, and competence second. My waitress (and her colleagues) spent a great deal of the evening on the other side of the restaurant chatting amongst themselves, making it nearly impossible to get her attention when I need a wine refill, etc ... (on two occasions I used the light on my cell-phone to make myself noticed). She was pleasant, just not particularly attentive. The food was good, but not spectacular. The bar scene appears to be very vibrant, lots of "hip" 30-somethings, but I was there for the food and the service, both of which were slightly below expectations.Special Features:
- Great manager. Sexy staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Great manager. Sexy staff. Awesome decor. Friendly clientele.Special Features:
- Glam dinner! I really enjoyedJamieWDined on 11/7/2012Glam dinner! I really enjoyed myself, and I hope I can make it again.Special Features:
- The tables were too close.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012The tables were too close. Music could be quieter in dining area. Servers looked good but few were good servers.Special Features:
- Amazing food in a hip atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012Great food, hip atmosphere, youthful but with a wide age range. I wanted someplace I could wear my new suede Louboutins..... But it was more than that - the food was really amazing! I had the halibut - cooked perfectly while someone else had what he declared to be the best steak (filet mignon) ever. We could see that the chef gave great consideration and imagination to the sauce ingredients ...superb! I'll be back as soon as I return to Montreal!Special Features: