Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell
721 Skippack Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantecastello.com/
- Phone: 2152839500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a professional catering company !
Off premises catering!
Special catering menu can be found at to:www.ristorantecastello.com
Build your own budget !
Full tray feeds between 12 &15 people
Half tray feeds between 7 & 8 people
Prices are on the menu
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful elegant intimate dining!
Used for special events!
Great options :
- large seizes of windows view
-Audio / visual equipment
-special banquet Menu
-continental breakfast business meeting available
- Private Party Contact: Castello 2152839500
A word from Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell
Casual Fine Dining, Northern Italian Cuisine. Fresh Fish Daily-Dover Sole & Branzino etc..., and Homemade Pasta. Private dining room for parties and business meetings and outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (21)romantic (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Menu selectionDeLucDined on 8/26/2014I was very impressed with the selection of specials on the menu. Fish dishes were excellent. Great dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014First girls' day out in over a year. After our morning spa treatments we had an awesome lunch at Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell. The food was great and the staff was extremely attentive. We enjoyed ourselves so much. Thank you!! A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience again!InnaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We've been there several times; this time we brought two more couples. Everyone loved their food, and the fact that it is BOYB. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodiesx2VIPDined on 8/18/2014We just found Castello, in Blue Bell. Three of us(1 vegetarian, 2 omnivores) had a wonderful lunch! An unusual gazpacho, heartier than usual, very delicious. 3 Artichokes still attached to the perfectly tender stem, light sauced. Te spinach salad was tender crisp, the walnuts added a delicious crunch, and the light champagne vinaigrette dressing was perfect. Linguini Siciliano had a delicious sausage with the aldente pasta. The Vitello Di Castello pleased one very fussy diner - veal, crabmeat, and artichokes in a prosecco sauce. We like it so much that we are doing takeout for 8 family members this weekend. Must mention that it is hard to find in its office complex, but back off route 73 so even outdoor dining was quiet. Go!Special Features:
- Fine experience at CastelloCastelloDined on 8/11/2014Service was attentive; food was tasty, atmosphere relaxed but not casual. A little pricey for some, perhaps, but all in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem of a Restaurant!jacquieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Phenomenal Food! A great BYOB with unbelievable service - JOHN the head server is Fantastic. He is delightful, funny, professional. The menu is superb - what a selection for anyone - seafood, meats, pastas...and an exciting array of Specials not on the menu. We have made several more reservations through the rest of the year - it's a good - priced restaurant, as well. Tough to find back in an office park area off of 73, but thank God it's there! We love you, Castello's Team!Special Features:
- Always outstandingRayRVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have eaten at Ristorante Castello many times and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is pleasant, attentive and efficient. Because they help each other service is seamless. The food, especially the specials, is excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappointedjdiner327Dined on 8/8/2014We love Ristorante Castello. I had forgotten to ask for an outside table but the hostess cheerfully seated us outside. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was prompt, professional and friendly. In our opinion, this is the best restaurant in our area.Special Features:
- Lovely discovery in Blue BellOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Oh a whim, I made a last minute reservation to celebrate my sister's birthday including our four young children. The staff was very kind and attentive and playful towards the children. The small crowd during the early dining hour did not seem to mind our children and were very friendly. The pasta and meat dishes were delicious. We were very happy to have discovered a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMartmaneatsDined on 7/28/2014my wife, son and I ate there for our 30 anniversary. First time there and had a wonderful time. The wait staff was great and engaging. The food was excellent. The owner was engaging as well. We had truly a wonderful meal/experience/evening. We will definitely go back. Lots!Special Features:
- Amazing food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We went for our ten year wedding anniversary. The food is amazing. Everything we got was so good. They had this artichoke app that's crazy good. The Waiter was so helpful and great. It's a great restaurant. We will go back a million times. My new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PruneVIPDined on 7/25/2014Should give 100 points when you reserve a table. Need a more shades porch for outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 7/20/2014Every time we go to Castello's we love it more and more. Delicious salads with shrimp, chicken was fabulous as well as the salmon. One of our favorites. Thank you Ristorante Castello!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roxieluvroxieluvDined on 7/12/2014Been here before - if first visit would be last -- service was at best mediocre - my food was only fair - my fellow diners enjoyed their food more then I
- Always excellentDiningProVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service from the minute you walk in the door until you leave. Wonderful menu and if you don't see exactly what you want they will bend over backwards to tailor a dish for you. Anything I've ever ordered has been great. Truly one of the best choices for an intimate dinner or a group celebration.Special Features:
- What a Gem!ILuvFoodDined on 6/27/2014My fiancee and I have been there 6 times in the last few months. Ristorante Castello is one of those restaurants that I wish I would have found much sooner. The food is fantastic! We have tried a variety of items on the menu and everything has been top notch. The seafood is fresh and they have the best oysters around. It's not just the food that makes this place a go to place for us. The entire wait staff are friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. You really couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!BelleNicoleVIPDined on 6/20/2014A true neighborhood gem. Although the food is pricing, once you take your first bite you understand why. The freshness of the cuisine and the flavors of this Italian cuisine are to die for. The restaurant is always clean and the inside is somewhat like a story book, beautifully designed. The wait staff are friendly, personable and professional. When I dined with my mother, we had two servers assist us and both provided excellent service. By far the place to eat if you want an experience you can't easily find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLarryRVIPDined on 6/17/2014There were six of us and all enjoyed their meal. We have been here several times for lunch as well and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Seating for twoBobBDined on 6/14/2014Very limited number of tables for two. Appears they are very busy and don't seat two people at a table for four.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2014We have been visiting Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell for many years and always look forward to an excellent meal. We have always been impressed with the professional servers and the kitchen turns out delicious food. My only quibble is that one has to ask the cost of the evening's specials.Special Features:
- Delicious !JayGVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had an early reservation - so service was great. Food never disappoints - I had the oysters Rockefeller - yum! For entree I had the Dover Sole which was light and delicious !! Love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, plan moreJoeNVIPDined on 5/27/2014Had a wonderful meal and service. BYOB an added benefit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New findJLW105Dined on 5/25/2014Set in the back of a business campus, Castello's wasn't easy to spot. But well worth the search. Great food and a full service bar that still allows BYOW was a selling point for us. The staff was friendly and attentive. We have already booked it for an upcoming party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!LLK605Dined on 5/12/2014We chose this restaurant based on the comments of others at Open Table and were totally pleased! Our dinner choices were excellent; we wouldn't hesitate to return. The whole dining experience there has resulted in recommendations to our friends!Special Features:
- TwinsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Overall delicious as always, but double the price since it was Mothers Day. Not coolSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerFoodloverDined on 5/11/2014The food was awesome, it was 4 of us and we all ordered something different and all 4 dishes were great. I think they were a bit overwhelmed with the amount of people that were there and the service suffered a bit. I would want to go there on a regular night and not a holiday to see if things are different but overall we had a great time.Special Features:
- Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014Dined here on Mothers Day. I am always dismayed to see favorite restaurants limit the menu and jack up the prices on holidays. They manage a full menu on a busy Saturday night, but can't handle it on Mothers Day? All entrees were at least $4 to $5 higher ( kids chicken fingers and fries $17.95!!!), and the menu was very limited compared to the regular menu. Had my heart set on some favorites that didn’t make the cut. Service was great but adding an automatic tip for 6 people was not necessary. Wouldn’t go back on a holiday because of these changes.Special Features:
- great!!SammyDined on 5/11/2014I found Castello's because I was invited to a baby It was fantastic and best food!!! I took my mother for dinner on mothers day it was fantastic again!!! Everyone is very nice and pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014The prices were up 5 to 6 dollars more & the menu was limited! Table cloth was STAINED & there were 3 chip wine glasses! What kind of fine dining is this! Food was good, a little on the salty side. Ordered dessert, ask if the Cannoli was made with ricotta cheese or vanilla , they said it was ricotta, the Cannoli hardly had any cheese in it at all, nothing like Isgro's or Termini's. Also my son order a cream brulee, well they disappointed here also! The dessert look like it was left over and just reheated and tasted horrible, we informed the waiter, he removed the dessert and apologized. Also kid’s meals for a 3 year old and a 4 year old $15.00 for chicken fingers, a bit much! Not worth the money at all that we spent for a table of eight!
- DinneroutDined on 5/10/2014Great dinner with friends. Everything was great. Food, service,prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodpickyeaterDined on 5/10/2014We dine here often. It's a local spot where the owner is on site and the place runs smoothly and food Is delicious. The servers couldn't be nicer friendlier or more polite. We bring all our friends here and they then make it a regular spot for themselves. We love the byob option and the full bar availability. It's a unique and great idea. Will definitely be returning soon!!!Special Features:
- NiNiNiNiVIPDined on 5/8/2014We ate dinner here for my birthday. There were five people in our party, we sat at a round table which I requested. This is the first time that we ate at this restaurant. Loved the food and decor. We will definitely come back. The service was great.Special Features:
- Great BYOBvinceDined on 5/4/2014The food is superior Italian, not your typical spaghetti and meatballs. A true dining experience.Special Features:
- had time to savor the meal/ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food was very good as usual. Seated relatively quickly with reservation. Service and food delivery however, were much slower than on prior visits. Restaurant appeared to be well attended. I'm hoping that service hiccup was only because they were short staffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell reviews archive.
- Mygirls2017VIPDined on 4/26/2014Happily surpised to see such a vibrant crowd at 8pm on a saturday night! That being said, i guess the large crowd tied up the wait staff - we ordered a drink from the bar and 25 mins later we had to ask the hostess who our waiter was so we coukd get the drink. A few mins later the drink arrived and a second waiter came over and was very condescending to us. He remained that way throughout the evening. Otherwise, a really lovely time at a restaurant that served a lot of meals and each one was very good. Caesar salad coukd use some attention - like out of a bag with store bought croutons.Special Features:
- Great Easter DinnerBIGFANDined on 4/20/2014The food, service and overall experience was awesome. I had the Osso Bucco and it was to die for. Always #1 on my restaurant list.Special Features:
- I've been there many timesNikNikDined on 4/12/2014I've been there many times and the food is always very good and the service is excellent (attentive, but not smothering).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but odd waiterKatieDined on 4/7/2014The food was absolutely delicious but our waiter was not able to answer any questions about the food (what kind of sausage, where from?) or the wine. I felt awkward asking questions as a result. But the gnocci was fantastic and everything else delicious as well. A real find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent FoodMRyanDined on 4/2/2014BYOB- which is awesome. Food is decent, not the best Italian I've had but good for a date night. Little hard to find, it's tucked in the back of an office complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Today's specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2014This is one of those restaurants, or perhaps one of those waiters, that in addition to the regular menu, had 2 to 3 salad specials, 2 to 3 appetizer specials and 2 to 3 entree specials, but would not provide the prices without our asking. Even when we asked for the prices for 2 of the items, the waiter described the rest of the specials without providing the prices. Restaurants know that it is awkward for diners to ask for prices and use this to their advantage. However, my new policy is that if you do not tell me the price for each special without my asking, I will not order one.