7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grandgeneva.com/
- Phone: (262) 249-4788
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday November 18th 5:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Ristoranté Brissago
Warm and inviting with an air of subtle sophistication, Ristoranté Brissago takes the dining experience to a new level with fresh ingredients flown in weekly from Italy. Enjoy regionally made pastas, cheeses, olive oils and desserts, as well as a wonderful selection of Italian wines. Authenticity is apparent in every aspect, our name, Ristoranté Brissago, is taken from a small town in northern Italy on Lake Maggiori. Truly authentic Italian cuisine served in a romantic setting, amid spectacular views of the Wisconsin countryside. It's the culmination of 10 years of planning, says Executive Chef Michael Sawin . Our Bufala Mozzarella contains 100-percent Buffalo milk and arrives weekly from Campania, where they've been making the cheese for centuries. The menu invites you to sample, share and delight in something from every course. The choices - incredible. The experience - simply amazing...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ristoranté Brissago - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Ristoranté Brissago reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (52)scenic view (38)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (32)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great environment, food OKRetiredbankerDined on 11/4/2014Met friends from IL at Brissago because Lake Geneva is mid-point between our homes. Both couples dine out a lot, and have very high expectations of dining experiences. Brissago offers a comfortable, inviting, high-end dining environment. Food, however, was just average - particularly when considering prices. Sea bass was a great piece of fish, but the lobster "essence" was fishy and the potatoes served with it were soupy. Pasta entrees were very good.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Absolutely beautiful, great food, best service & good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrslinnisDined on 11/1/2014A wonderful dining experience in all ways. Both Grand Geneva Resort restaurants are first-class, but we feel Brissago is a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014Very disappointed. Food not good. My veal was very thick and tough. Noise level obnoxious. Had a table of cackling women next to us who thought the were on a gym. The hollered all evening and ruined ours.Special Features:
- BadNotsatisfiedDined on 10/25/2014Decided to take my significant other to dinner for our 8 year anniversary. We arrived early and had an appetizer and a few drinks at the bar. Drinks and appetizer were grey and so was the car tenders. After about an hour we were seated at a table for dinner. Waiter came around after 10 minutes to take our orders. That was the last we saw of our server until the food arrived. I had the jumbo lump crab on spaghetti. It tasted like bad seafood on partially cooked spaghetti noodles that were in a seafood broth and covered in red pepper flakes. Not the good seafood taste though, the very fishy nasty seafood taste. My significant others meal was terrific. Ended up spending over $80 for two dinners and one drink. Most definetly was not worth it.Special Features:
- A little trip to Italy, indeed!GardengalDined on 10/18/2014What a fabulous dinner we had last Saturday night! We were celebrating our 38th anniversary and Restorante Brissago was perfect! Our service was awesome and the food was incredible! Our server brought us a delicious piece of chocolate and raspberry deliciousness for dessert. I had osso buco and it was fabulous. My husband had the rigatoni with Italian sausage and he loved every bite. We had the most wonderful time there and cannot wait to return. Restorante Brissago is exactly what they claim it is-a little trip to Italy. We went to Italy for our 35th wedding anniversary and this food was every bit as good as it was in Italy.Special Features:
- Best Italian I've had in yearsFoodforakingDined on 10/16/2014Outstanding scratch made Italian food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-Lish!GoodPlaceDined on 10/12/2014We had never eaten here before but plan on going back because we had such a delicious meal. Our reservation was early (5:30pm) which was nice because we had a table with a view. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on the wine list (all Italian wines) and the menu. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- A wonderful anniversary dinner!ChocolateismyfaveDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I stayed on the resort property and chose this restaurant as our celebration dinner for our 13th wedding anniversary. It was superb in every way. Our waitress explained the menu well, gave suggestions on favorites, and even called us by Mr. and Mrs. when checking on our food during the evening. The treetop view was stunning! At the end of our meal, we were surprised with a complimentary dessert with a chocolate shell on top and the words "Happy Anniversary" on it- all edible and delicious. We felt so special when we left! The only downfall to this very romantic dinner was having children seated close by- which we felt was an adult restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBdayBestDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinning experience. Food was excellent,service was great, and she loved her birthday celebration at Ristorante Brissago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but some food is too weird!HelloDined on 10/1/2014Delicious minestrone soup, best I have ever had! Lasagne was weird, made for a foodie I guess. No tomato sauce. Bruschetta was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryJack81Dined on 9/26/2014Food was outstanding. Service was spot on. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Best restaurant ever!peskylinDined on 9/23/2014Food was delightful and delicious! Salad was the best I have ever eaten! Wonderful waiter! Would love to be there again!Special Features:
- AwesomeGildamarieDined on 9/21/2014When we dined here, we were treated like royalty. Everyone was friendly and knowlegeable whether it was about the wine list or the menu. Great service, spectacular food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014From start to finish this dining experience was perfect. Our table had a scenic view overlooking the golf course. Our waiter, Jeff, was professional, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and friendly. He helped us plan every course including wine selections. The scallop appetizer is amazing with the honey flavor and pancetta it is both sweet & savory. Table-side preparation of our Caesar salad added a special touch & freshness. The lobster pasta and the sea bass dishes are a must try. These dishes were exceptional!! Ristorante Brissago provided excellent service with personalized touches and exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014my steak was under-cooked (ordered medium) and two plates of fish were under-cooked as well. Asked to have my steak warmed up and it came back medium well. Was surprised that the waiter and young Manager didn't seem to find a problem with it. They offered to take the steak off the bill but the debate over whether it was acceptable or not was unnecessary. There was no question that it was under-cooked the first time and over-cooked the second. Dessert wasn't great either. Wine and appetizers were great, but I'm in no hurry to come back
- September 3 and 4OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We dined there two nights in a row because we loved it so much. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary with the lobster, guitar pasta. It was fabulous. Our favorite meal ever. Had the same thing last year the day after our wedding. Great job. Can't wait to be back. We get out there 1-2 times a year as we have a time share at Grand Geneva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for 7 years to celebrate our anniversary. Delicious as usual and we'll continue to return every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and foodfoodiesromnhobartDined on 8/24/2014We had a fabulous meal with the wonderful suggestions from our server, Jeff. He listened to our questions and offered suggestions when asked. He was very helpful with wine pairings. If there are only 2 diners, request a table by the window ahead of time. Beautiful views. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- SlowSavemefromthecheeseDined on 8/22/2014I am not sure what happened, but we waited an hour for our entrees! The food was good, but we did not receive an apology or anything.Special Features:
- Food was below averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Food was just lacking quality. Pasta was gummy. Overall just not very good at all, very disappointing.
- Delicious food, nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We dined here with our friends (2 couples) - great cocktails (& we are very picky) and delicious food! Highly recommend. Our server was a bit of a dud, but we couldn't complain about the service. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian in Lake GenevaRevChefDBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We decided to wander to the Grand Geneva Resort for dinner, having seen the reviews for Ristorante Brissago. We were not disappointed! All of the pasta is homemade, the Caesar Salad is made at your table, and the Osso Bucco was some of the best I have tasted. This is definitely a spot to visit for a quiet evening of simply marvelous Italian food.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious but the portions were on the smaller side. We thought the menu was a little confusing and two in our party ordered the special ravioli. It was one large ravioli. They should've ordered salads as well but were content with ordering dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014We loved the 4 course tasting menu, and the waiter did a great job with both drink and food recommendations. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew? In a tourist town!new2foodDined on 8/13/2014A wonderful choice for my wife's Birthday. Excellent food, creative menu, pleasant presentation, attentive and unobtrusive staff and a lovely ambiance. Thank you ...we now live in Lake Geneva and are happy to find a backyard gem.Special Features:
- Favorite Lake Geneva DiningBtownDined on 8/12/2014This is our favorite fancy dining spot in SE WI. Brissago is the place we go for special occasions. We have never had anything but excellent service, excellent food and always are made to feel special when we go. There really isn't anything else to say. If something is perfect then it's perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent experience. Enjoyed the evening. A bit heavy on the prices but overall excellent.Special Features:
- Just perfect!!LeoVDined on 8/9/2014The ambience was very good. Nice view. The food was perfect. Service personnel were very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!!!CocoaDined on 8/5/2014Sorry don't remember the waitress name but it was two first names!!!... She was absolutely wonderful!! I had a child and she treated him just as important as the adults. The food oh my goodness it was the Bomb (that means really great) Freshly made pasta melted in our mouths. We Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellet spot for great food, great service and lovely scenery. A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 553 reviews are from the Ristoranté Brissago reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014The food was wonderful! I ordered the caprese salad to start. The imported mozzarella was amazing. My entree was a tagliatelle pasta dish. The staff was happy to modify the dish to include vegetables instead of the standard chicken. The asparagus and broccolini were great choices by the chef.Special Features:
- Tasty, charming, authenticZzzTheDayDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant is located inside the Grand Geneva Resort, and as a result I found the prices to be a bit high as they often are in a 'closed' community resort. Despite that, I thought the meal was excellent as was the wine, and the focaccia bread was to die for. The wine list is all Italian as befits the menu. We had the opportunity to book a window table for two looking out over the resort woodlands and golf course during a brief storm. The sunlight on the clouds at dusk and a rainbow made a wonderful show, too. We had the Capellini and Crab, as well as a lobster dish. Both were filling and exquisite. The room was never entirely full on a Sunday night with the hotel very busy. The only reason for 4 stars is 'value'.Special Features:
- Special Occasion #2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We returned here for the second time for the delicious Italian food and the yummy drinks. My fiance really loves the Old Fashion drink that was made the first time we were there, but this time the bar tender made it a little different. I was still good but not the same and not as good as the first time! My fiance loves the crab pasta and ordered it again this time. The mussels are a must for the appetizer! Service is great and the staff always do something extra for special occasions. Thanks. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Delicious!NinjachefDined on 7/13/2014The food and the service was amazing! We eat it all and dessert was exquisite! Holly made our first experience there a very special one and she was nothing but great, knowledgeable of all menu items, and help us select out our entrees. I won't hesitate to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- c53411Dined on 7/12/2014Food was mostly good, other than ceaser salad too garlicky & lobster in $38 entree overcooked. Calamari app was delicious, and cappuchino was v.good too. My husband waited over 15 min for water at one point even after asking a server and busser passing by 3+ times. Was a nice evening out with live quartet in lobby and view from large window. etc but won't rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....GeneParmesanVIPDined on 7/10/2014Homemade Pappardelle with Bolognese was horrible. The noodles were firm, chewy, and stuck together and they tasted like raw flour. The sauce was flavorless and watery. This used to be a tasty, higher end restaurant. Not anymore.
- Service needs workVasolitaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food is always outstanding. But time and time again, servers are untrained and possess little knowledge about the food or wine list. There is usually one exceptional waiter in the room (Gabriel comes to mind) and the others mostly seem clueless.Special Features:
- OUR ANNIVERSARYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Thank you for the rose peddles on our table. My wife and I celebrated our thirty fifth anniversary at your restaurant. I gave my wife a single red rose and it matched the peddles on the table. Our waitress was nice, and we will cherish the memory. Thank you all, and the food was exceptional. JK ChambersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDH77VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food and wine. Service was great! The lobster with the homemade noodles was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.