7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grandgeneva.com/
- Phone: 2622494788x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday November 18th 5:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Ristoranté Brissago
Warm and inviting with an air of subtle sophistication, Ristoranté Brissago takes the dining experience to a new level with fresh ingredients flown in weekly from Italy. Enjoy regionally made pastas, cheeses, olive oils and desserts, as well as a wonderful selection of Italian wines. Authenticity is apparent in every aspect, our name, Ristoranté Brissago, is taken from a small town in northern Italy on Lake Maggiori. Truly authentic Italian cuisine served in a romantic setting, amid spectacular views of the Wisconsin countryside. It's the culmination of 10 years of planning, says Executive Chef Michael Sawin . Our Bufala Mozzarella contains 100-percent Buffalo milk and arrives weekly from Campania, where they've been making the cheese for centuries. The menu invites you to sample, share and delight in something from every course. The choices - incredible. The experience - simply amazing...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ristoranté Brissago - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Ristoranté Brissago reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (58)scenic view (49)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (37)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Best Italian I've had in yearsFoodforakingDined on 10/16/2014Outstanding scratch made Italian food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-Lish!GoodPlaceDined on 10/12/2014We had never eaten here before but plan on going back because we had such a delicious meal. Our reservation was early (5:30pm) which was nice because we had a table with a view. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on the wine list (all Italian wines) and the menu. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- A wonderful anniversary dinner!ChocolateismyfaveDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I stayed on the resort property and chose this restaurant as our celebration dinner for our 13th wedding anniversary. It was superb in every way. Our waitress explained the menu well, gave suggestions on favorites, and even called us by Mr. and Mrs. when checking on our food during the evening. The treetop view was stunning! At the end of our meal, we were surprised with a complimentary dessert with a chocolate shell on top and the words "Happy Anniversary" on it- all edible and delicious. We felt so special when we left! The only downfall to this very romantic dinner was having children seated close by- which we felt was an adult restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBdayBestDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinning experience. Food was excellent,service was great, and she loved her birthday celebration at Ristorante Brissago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but some food is too weird!HelloDined on 10/1/2014Delicious minestrone soup, best I have ever had! Lasagne was weird, made for a foodie I guess. No tomato sauce. Bruschetta was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryJack81Dined on 9/26/2014Food was outstanding. Service was spot on. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Best restaurant ever!peskylinDined on 9/23/2014Food was delightful and delicious! Salad was the best I have ever eaten! Wonderful waiter! Would love to be there again!Special Features:
- AwesomeGildamarieDined on 9/21/2014When we dined here, we were treated like royalty. Everyone was friendly and knowlegeable whether it was about the wine list or the menu. Great service, spectacular food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014From start to finish this dining experience was perfect. Our table had a scenic view overlooking the golf course. Our waiter, Jeff, was professional, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and friendly. He helped us plan every course including wine selections. The scallop appetizer is amazing with the honey flavor and pancetta it is both sweet & savory. Table-side preparation of our Caesar salad added a special touch & freshness. The lobster pasta and the sea bass dishes are a must try. These dishes were exceptional!! Ristorante Brissago provided excellent service with personalized touches and exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014my steak was under-cooked (ordered medium) and two plates of fish were under-cooked as well. Asked to have my steak warmed up and it came back medium well. Was surprised that the waiter and young Manager didn't seem to find a problem with it. They offered to take the steak off the bill but the debate over whether it was acceptable or not was unnecessary. There was no question that it was under-cooked the first time and over-cooked the second. Dessert wasn't great either. Wine and appetizers were great, but I'm in no hurry to come back
- September 3 and 4OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We dined there two nights in a row because we loved it so much. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary with the lobster, guitar pasta. It was fabulous. Our favorite meal ever. Had the same thing last year the day after our wedding. Great job. Can't wait to be back. We get out there 1-2 times a year as we have a time share at Grand Geneva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for 7 years to celebrate our anniversary. Delicious as usual and we'll continue to return every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and foodfoodiesromnhobartDined on 8/24/2014We had a fabulous meal with the wonderful suggestions from our server, Jeff. He listened to our questions and offered suggestions when asked. He was very helpful with wine pairings. If there are only 2 diners, request a table by the window ahead of time. Beautiful views. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- SlowSavemefromthecheeseDined on 8/22/2014I am not sure what happened, but we waited an hour for our entrees! The food was good, but we did not receive an apology or anything.Special Features:
- Food was below averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Food was just lacking quality. Pasta was gummy. Overall just not very good at all, very disappointing.
- Delicious food, nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We dined here with our friends (2 couples) - great cocktails (& we are very picky) and delicious food! Highly recommend. Our server was a bit of a dud, but we couldn't complain about the service. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian in Lake GenevaRevChefDBVIPDined on 8/17/2014We decided to wander to the Grand Geneva Resort for dinner, having seen the reviews for Ristorante Brissago. We were not disappointed! All of the pasta is homemade, the Caesar Salad is made at your table, and the Osso Bucco was some of the best I have tasted. This is definitely a spot to visit for a quiet evening of simply marvelous Italian food.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious but the portions were on the smaller side. We thought the menu was a little confusing and two in our party ordered the special ravioli. It was one large ravioli. They should've ordered salads as well but were content with ordering dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014We loved the 4 course tasting menu, and the waiter did a great job with both drink and food recommendations. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew? In a tourist town!new2foodDined on 8/13/2014A wonderful choice for my wife's Birthday. Excellent food, creative menu, pleasant presentation, attentive and unobtrusive staff and a lovely ambiance. Thank you ...we now live in Lake Geneva and are happy to find a backyard gem.Special Features:
- Favorite Lake Geneva DiningBtownDined on 8/12/2014This is our favorite fancy dining spot in SE WI. Brissago is the place we go for special occasions. We have never had anything but excellent service, excellent food and always are made to feel special when we go. There really isn't anything else to say. If something is perfect then it's perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent experience. Enjoyed the evening. A bit heavy on the prices but overall excellent.Special Features:
- Just perfect!!LeoVDined on 8/9/2014The ambience was very good. Nice view. The food was perfect. Service personnel were very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!!!CocoaDined on 8/5/2014Sorry don't remember the waitress name but it was two first names!!!... She was absolutely wonderful!! I had a child and she treated him just as important as the adults. The food oh my goodness it was the Bomb (that means really great) Freshly made pasta melted in our mouths. We Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellet spot for great food, great service and lovely scenery. A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014The food was wonderful! I ordered the caprese salad to start. The imported mozzarella was amazing. My entree was a tagliatelle pasta dish. The staff was happy to modify the dish to include vegetables instead of the standard chicken. The asparagus and broccolini were great choices by the chef.Special Features:
- Tasty, charming, authenticZzzTheDayDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant is located inside the Grand Geneva Resort, and as a result I found the prices to be a bit high as they often are in a 'closed' community resort. Despite that, I thought the meal was excellent as was the wine, and the focaccia bread was to die for. The wine list is all Italian as befits the menu. We had the opportunity to book a window table for two looking out over the resort woodlands and golf course during a brief storm. The sunlight on the clouds at dusk and a rainbow made a wonderful show, too. We had the Capellini and Crab, as well as a lobster dish. Both were filling and exquisite. The room was never entirely full on a Sunday night with the hotel very busy. The only reason for 4 stars is 'value'.Special Features:
- Special Occasion #2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We returned here for the second time for the delicious Italian food and the yummy drinks. My fiance really loves the Old Fashion drink that was made the first time we were there, but this time the bar tender made it a little different. I was still good but not the same and not as good as the first time! My fiance loves the crab pasta and ordered it again this time. The mussels are a must for the appetizer! Service is great and the staff always do something extra for special occasions. Thanks. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Delicious!NinjachefDined on 7/13/2014The food and the service was amazing! We eat it all and dessert was exquisite! Holly made our first experience there a very special one and she was nothing but great, knowledgeable of all menu items, and help us select out our entrees. I won't hesitate to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- c53411Dined on 7/12/2014Food was mostly good, other than ceaser salad too garlicky & lobster in $38 entree overcooked. Calamari app was delicious, and cappuchino was v.good too. My husband waited over 15 min for water at one point even after asking a server and busser passing by 3+ times. Was a nice evening out with live quartet in lobby and view from large window. etc but won't rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....GeneParmesanVIPDined on 7/10/2014Homemade Pappardelle with Bolognese was horrible. The noodles were firm, chewy, and stuck together and they tasted like raw flour. The sauce was flavorless and watery. This used to be a tasty, higher end restaurant. Not anymore.
- Service needs workVasolitaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food is always outstanding. But time and time again, servers are untrained and possess little knowledge about the food or wine list. There is usually one exceptional waiter in the room (Gabriel comes to mind) and the others mostly seem clueless.Special Features:
- OUR ANNIVERSARYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Thank you for the rose peddles on our table. My wife and I celebrated our thirty fifth anniversary at your restaurant. I gave my wife a single red rose and it matched the peddles on the table. Our waitress was nice, and we will cherish the memory. Thank you all, and the food was exceptional. JK ChambersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDH77Dined on 7/5/2014Great food and wine. Service was great! The lobster with the homemade noodles was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going backbuddingfoodieDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I had the five course meal which included several dishes we would not had ordered if they were explained to us as a special by themselves but we were in the adventurous mood so we went with it and we both were glad we did. With the exception of the soup all the items were excellent and the soup wasn't bad just not something we would not have again. Our server was fantastic, informative and fun. We ate at 6:30 so the place was not crowded but as the night went on it became full at which time the noise level got a bit high and there were a couple is fussy kids at times which was the only real negative. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownFinedinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014After looking forward to a great Italian meal, we were sorely disappointed. Several dishes were heavy handed in the seasoning; too much salt, wine, or garlic. Staff was understanding and attentive. Scenic view is stunning. The food preparation needs more careful attention. Wait till the staff has more experience here before dining here.Special Features:
- DisappointedMikeDined on 6/26/2014We attended a special event and then planned for a great dinner. What a disappointment. Our server Holly/Molly was great. The food was bland, over priced and undersized. The calamari was the only thing that was good. Lasagna - bad. Pasta with meat sauce (don't remember the name) - terrible. How do you screw that up? Simple: overcook the noodles, serve them wet and cover with bland sauce.
- A Little DisappointedDiscerningDiner7710Dined on 6/24/2014I have always rated this restaurant high. I have always gotten a perfect meal and great service. This time, the service was still very good, but I was a bit disappointed with my meal. Brissago is known for its Chilean Sea Bass. Whenever I stay at the Grand Geneva this is the only thing I order. Typically the sea bass is topped with a light lobster sauce. I cannot eat anything with lobster so have always asked for the Chef to give me another type of sauce that will compliment the fish. The sea bass was perfect, but the sauce that was give to me (on the side) was a chunky tomato meat sauce. Needless to say, I did not put the meat sauce on the fish. First time of many visits this has happened. Still rate Brissago high. Will return.Special Features:
- The following 540 reviews are from the Ristoranté Brissago reviews archive.
- Great placeHMS66Dined on 6/21/2014Put in a reservation there for my wife's birthday. The only reservation time available was 5:30 but that was ok. They opened promptly at 5:30 and seated us at a window table. The flowers I ordered from open table were at the table and were great. SERVICE-The server knew every item on the menu from memory and the entire experience with her was perfect. FOOD-The quail appetizer was really good with a to-die-for sauce. Caprese salad had mozzarella that melted in your mouth. Osso Bucco was fantastic. The guitar string pasta with lobster was very tasty but the lobster would not come out of the shell with the utinsils so had to rip it out by hand. Hard to do without getting the juice/sauce everywhere. Not a big deal. LOVED the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014Every year my husband and I treat ourselves to a wedding anniversary celebration at Brissago. They never fail to provide a wonderful dining experience from rose petals on a great table, to wonderful food to complimentary dessert, every staff member takes time to wish us a happy celebration and attends to every need. This restaurant is one of our all time favorites, and we have lived in Chicago and San Francisco where there are plenty of great restaurants. The food and overall experience at Brissago is second to none. Thank you for another terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.