428 E Maple Avenue
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonarotirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (703) 281-7550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES HAPPY HOUR FROM 4:00pm- 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Management 703-281-7550
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR FROM 4:00pm- 7:00pm
- Special Events: WE ARE NOW OPEN SUNDAY'S STARTING FEB 10, 2013 4:00PM TO 9:00PM. FEATURING HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES.
A word from Ristorante Bonaroti
A well-kept secret nestled in the heart of Vienna offering elegant dining within a warm and intimate setting. Our classic Italian cuisine has been ranked among the best in the Washington, D.C. area. Bar featuring new appetizer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bonaroti - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Ristorante Bonaroti reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (37)good for groups (24)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful AmbianceMD75Dined on 11/25/2014This is the way restaurant dining should be. The waiters and the service are always faultless and appropriate. My friends and business associates love it when I treat them to this place. I have eaten here often and it is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!PencilThinMoustacheDined on 11/22/2014Sergio and his team at Bonaroti never fail to impress. We visited with a set of dear friends who had never tried Bonaroti - amazing given how long they've been in the area. From the initial seating to the delivery of the wine and bread through the Amoretto, they were spellbound. We enjoyed the carpaccio - both beef and salmon, plus an order of calamari con gamberi. For the entrees, our table enjoyed filet mignon, flounder with risotto, and a spinach and gorgonzola stuffed mahi mahi. Nothing but oohs and ahhs and forks passing around and across the table! For dessert, we enjoyed the pistachio gelato, a little biscotti, a cappuchino, and an amoretto chaser. From beginning to end, Paul, our server, was most attentive. For those who have never tried this Vienna gem, I strongly encourage you to try it for your next special occasion. You can space out your dinner and enjoy a conversation, an intimate discussion with a loved one, or a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. Trust me - you will not be disappointed by Sergio's team at Ristorante Bonaroti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianJeanDined on 11/21/2014The food and service is outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant. The pasta is fresh and tender. The wines are lovely. The ambiance is quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daleoVIPDined on 11/14/2014food is very very good = entrees are a full meal - many fish options - veal is also quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ristorante bonarotibabliDined on 11/12/2014food was excellent. service was outstanding. it is a must to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestRepeatDinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I had a great meal with our son and his date that was very well complimented by the great service.Special Features:
- First Time DinerJackVIPDined on 11/2/2014We really enjoyed our first visit. They start you off with Italian Bread and mix fresh EVOO with balsamic vinegar and fresh parmesian-really delicious. We shared bibb lettuce salad with blue cheese-very tasty dressing and nice tender fresh greens. We had the flouder with a lemon butter sauce and lobstor raviolli--both really excellent. Finished with agreat homemade Tiramisu. Service also was great. We will go back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I have been dining at Bonaroti's several times a year since they first opened - because the food and service are superb. I usually order one of their daily specials and am partial to seafood and veal. Many of our special occasiond have been held at Bonaroti's.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceTehbDined on 11/1/2014We didn't realize that it's not a very kid friendly place until we get there. We had our 8 & 3 year old with us. Our kids are very well behaved and no one paid any attention to them, but I will definitely get a sitter next time. The food was fantastic. We all enjoyed what we ordered. The service was also fantastic and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2014Been to Bonaroti many times and they never disappoint...Sergio has it down everytimeSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem in Vienna .... VirginiaVirginiatravelerDined on 10/30/2014We have been dining at Ristorante Bonaroti for more than 25 years. The service and food are uniformly excellent with great menu specials each evening and an excellent wine list. We brought our own wine on our most recent visit and the maitre de brought a decanter and the proper wine glasses to ensure our enjoyment. The corkage charge was reasonable, especially given the extra service provided. Dine on Sunday and enjoy 1/2 off the wines!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsMWCVADined on 10/28/2014I hosted a business dinner here. The service was fantastic and the food didi not dissapoint. The only place I have experienced Italian fine dining to this level is NYC. Their Osso Bucco is world class. Their house made pastas are also fabulous. Sergio will take care of anything you need.Special Features:
- Wonderfully ItalianFoodinwinoDined on 10/27/2014We are never disappointed when we go to Ristorante Bonaroti. Frequently we celebrate special occasions with friends and family at Bonaroti's and they always make you feel like special guests, The food is consistently delicious! The only problem is that we always eat and drink too much!Special Features:
- All perfectCosmo7VIPDined on 10/26/2014Sergio and his team were polite, professional and most charming. Was a perfect eveningSpecial Features:
- Love the pasta!GreatFoodDined on 10/25/2014Impeccable service, pleasant atmosphere, well-stocked bar with a great ambiance are only some of the reasons that make this Vienna restaurant a place I keep going back to. The pasta is the BEST. Every time I eat it, I can't wait to go back there. The waiters, Noelle the bartender and Sergio the owner treat you so very special, that dining here is an experience.Special Features:
- Always Exceptionalgr8teatsVAMDDCDined on 10/25/2014The food and service is always exceptional at Ristorante Bonaroti and its fastly becoming my favorite restaurant. The menu is varied, the food excellent, the service superb. I only wish I had tried it sooner! Its a relaxing and fun place to meet with friends or family and enjoy great wine, great food, and great service. Delicious, high quality...I could go on and on...just go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastylizfromlaVIPDined on 10/16/2014as usual, the restaurant was pretty and lit just right. a table near us was loud but our request to move was taken care of immediately. food was tasty and at the right temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianPenmanshipVIPDined on 10/13/2014This under the radar Italian is a go to place for us. Wonderful pastas, fish in papallote, sea fish stew---all the Italian classics. Wonderful, professional waitstaff, beautiful dining room. It is a twice a month place for us.Special Features:
- Multo beneOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/11/2014Ristorante Bonaroti is always a great choice. The food is consistently excellent, and there are always multiple specials. The sea bass special was outstanding. My husband ordered the special Dover sole which was also excellent. There is an extensive wine list, the waitstaff is efficient and professional, and the decor is smart. The chef is also very accommodating to requests: you can order the pasta dishes with cream or tomato-based sauce just for the asking. This all sums up to a very inviting experience. The owner, Sergio, seemed a little out of sorts the night we were there--frequently scolding his waitstaff in view and earshot of the customers. If you haven't yet been to Ristorante Bonaroti, go! You will certainly be back again!Special Features:
- Excellent hidden gemLocalbeerfinderDined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite italian restaurant in the area. The food is amazing, and the owner personally seats you each time. It definitely has the feeling of a true italian restaurant, and the food is always amazing.Special Features:
- nearly perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We were extremely pleased with our first visit to Bonaroti. The menu and nightly specials are extensive. Some of the menu choices were unique (to me), such as a spaghetti offering with lamb bolognese and black truffle oil, and rolled stuffed veal in a marsala sauce, which I found very satisfying. The wine list is also extensive. Food quality was outstanding, & portions just right. Ambiance is lush, noise level low to moderate, depending on volume. Even as the restaurant filled up, our table conversation was comfortable. Our server was very knowledgeable, but did tend to break away from our dialogue before we had finished our questions or requests. That was the only glitch in an otherwise perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatRepeatDinerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding service intent to accommodating each wish, even to change what's part of the menu. The food easily matched the service and was devoured with delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First not LastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Our first visit after four years in Virginia. Loved everything about it. The food was hot and exquisitely prepared. It will not be our last visit, promise.Special Features:
- Very goodmichelleDined on 10/2/2014Would go back again when in the area. Great ambiance, friendly and attentive service and everyone at our table enjoyed the food .Special Features:
- Always wonderfulDCgirlVIPDined on 10/1/2014Marvelous specials abound every time we enjoy our meal at Bonaroti's. It is a really nice special occasion or casual evening place but you are made to feel special. The food is always delicious and service is attentive but more obsequious which is nice and non-intrusive. Lots of wonderful fish are always on the specials and they are consistently very good and very well executed. I always look forward to dining there.Special Features:
- 30th anniversaryMarkfromarkDined on 9/27/2014We love the classic Italian restaurant feel of the place.Special Features:
- HalleyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The service and food were excellent as always. This is our 2nd visit and is now one of our neighborhood favorites.Special Features:
- Great experienceJerryDined on 9/26/2014An established and excellent restaurant. I wrote that it was my wife's birthday, and four waiters came by the table and sang happy birthday to my wife. A great surprise! Food was great, and service overall was attentive but never obstructive. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon ApetiteS52FanDined on 9/26/2014Bonaroti is always a great dining experience for a special occasion. My wife and I dine on our anniversary and Valentines Day every year. Of course we eat their other times during the year as well, but make those special times more special. Sergio is the quintessential host and the service staff are always superb. The food is among the best Italian food in the region and the wine list allows for satisfaction from the novice to the wine connoisseur. The ambience is romantic while surrounded by an authentic Italian décor. Your always treated like family and never rushed. Five stars every time.Special Features:
- Ristorante Bonaroti..off the chartsSVCFaceVIPDined on 9/22/2014What an incredible dining experience. The tremendous attentive service was only overshadowed by the delectable food. The menu covered every possible culinary delight. If you wanr=t to enjoy fine food in a great Italian family atmosphere, then Ristorante Bonaroti is the place to go.Special Features:
- BellsringVIPDined on 9/20/2014Delicious caesar salad, veal scaloppini dish with mushrooms, cream sauce, and cognac. Affordable Italian wine suggested by Sergio, which perfectly complemented our meal. Wonderful evening, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationPeggyDined on 9/19/2014I took my friend to celebrate his birthday and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Superb---as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/18/2014Bonorati's is simply terrific. The food is always top drawer, the service European in elegance and excellence, and the number of menu items and specials not to mention their willingness to alter dishes and cook some things that aren't on the menu, unsurpassed. It is also quiet at lunch time and so a great place to have a business lunch or a gathering.Special Features:
- Great ambiance ok foodmandabufflyDined on 9/17/2014When you walk in it definitely feels like old school Italian and very authentic. The dishes we ordered were on the dry side. He ordered the flounder that had a great lemon butter sauce but the fish itself was fairly dry. I ordered the chicken saltimbocca and the chicken was pretty dry also. The best dish hands down was the side of pasta with the marinara sauce. The service was wonderful and ambiance was romantic and I'd return to try a more basic dish with that delicious marinara sauce.Special Features:
- Excellent all-arounddcdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is consistently excellent. Not trying to break new culinary waters, but just makes great classic Italian food. Great server.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantjglreviewDined on 9/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was great, menu has many items to choose from and there were several specials on a Wednesday night. The wine list offered a lot of variety with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFineDineDined on 9/3/2014Great spot for a quite business lunch meeting. The food selection is good the service is offered at the right pace. Above all, the food was served hot and was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend BonarotiFL2VADined on 8/30/2014The food was above average and the service was excellent. My linguine with red clam sauce was terrific. Like many restaurants, they make a lot of profit on customers ordering drinks with dinner. Even after it became apparent that we weren't going to be ordering alcohol, the service remained at the same high-level. As long as you realize your committing to about $40/person, you should be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! As good this time asFredDined on 8/29/2014it was on previous occasions. Normally one of the first places that comes to mind when we have a special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was delicious (lobster ravioli was out of this world) and wine list extensive! Service was fantastic - paced the meal perfectly so we didn't feel rushed though the restaurant was quite busy. Will definitely go back!Special Features: