428 E Maple Avenue
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonarotirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032817550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Management 703-281-7550
- Special Events: WE ARE NOW OPEN SUNDAY'S STARTING FEB 10, 2013 4:00PM TO 9:00PM. FEATURING HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES.
A word from Ristorante Bonaroti
A well-kept secret nestled in the heart of Vienna offering elegant dining within a warm and intimate setting. Our classic Italian cuisine has been ranked among the best in the Washington, D.C. area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bonaroti - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Ristorante Bonaroti reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (18)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Ristorante Bonaroti..off the chartsSVCFaceDined on 9/22/2014What an incredible dining experience. The tremendous attentive service was only overshadowed by the delectable food. The menu covered every possible culinary delight. If you wanr=t to enjoy fine food in a great Italian family atmosphere, then Ristorante Bonaroti is the place to go.Special Features:
- BellsringVIPDined on 9/20/2014Delicious caesar salad, veal scaloppini dish with mushrooms, cream sauce, and cognac. Affordable Italian wine suggested by Sergio, which perfectly complemented our meal. Wonderful evening, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationPeggyDined on 9/19/2014I took my friend to celebrate his birthday and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Superb---as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/18/2014Bonorati's is simply terrific. The food is always top drawer, the service European in elegance and excellence, and the number of menu items and specials not to mention their willingness to alter dishes and cook some things that aren't on the menu, unsurpassed. It is also quiet at lunch time and so a great place to have a business lunch or a gathering.Special Features:
- Great ambiance ok foodmandabufflyDined on 9/17/2014When you walk in it definitely feels like old school Italian and very authentic. The dishes we ordered were on the dry side. He ordered the flounder that had a great lemon butter sauce but the fish itself was fairly dry. I ordered the chicken saltimbocca and the chicken was pretty dry also. The best dish hands down was the side of pasta with the marinara sauce. The service was wonderful and ambiance was romantic and I'd return to try a more basic dish with that delicious marinara sauce.Special Features:
- Excellent all-arounddcdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is consistently excellent. Not trying to break new culinary waters, but just makes great classic Italian food. Great server.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantjglreviewDined on 9/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was great, menu has many items to choose from and there were several specials on a Wednesday night. The wine list offered a lot of variety with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFineDineDined on 9/3/2014Great spot for a quite business lunch meeting. The food selection is good the service is offered at the right pace. Above all, the food was served hot and was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend BonarotiFL2VADined on 8/30/2014The food was above average and the service was excellent. My linguine with red clam sauce was terrific. Like many restaurants, they make a lot of profit on customers ordering drinks with dinner. Even after it became apparent that we weren't going to be ordering alcohol, the service remained at the same high-level. As long as you realize your committing to about $40/person, you should be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! As good this time asFredDined on 8/29/2014it was on previous occasions. Normally one of the first places that comes to mind when we have a special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was delicious (lobster ravioli was out of this world) and wine list extensive! Service was fantastic - paced the meal perfectly so we didn't feel rushed though the restaurant was quite busy. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysRepeatDinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Just the place for outstanding food and service for any occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. Food and service was impeccable. Sergio watches over his guests constantly to insure they are being attended to. Have been here several times, and always terrificSpecial Features:
- ExcellentGianDined on 8/20/2014We went to Ristorante Bonaroti for our wedding anniversary and we had a really good time, enjoy the food and service. I will recommend this restaurant to my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemEsteeMom51Dined on 8/18/2014Staff was very professional & attentive. Food was wonderful....very traditional on the menu but the actual items served were very special. Every thing made on-site & delicious. Extremely attentive wait staff & wonderful table service. This is not a restaurant for children or a quick meal - this is a restaurant for fine service & relaxing with wonderful meals w/ extra touches such as a glass of Amaretto before leaving. Located in a convenient area an easy drive from our hotel & Wolf Trap. An Italian Gem for anyone desiring a wonderful evening's mealSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Ristorante Bonaroti is our favorite go-to Italian restaurant. We've been there about 12 times. Food and service is consistently excellent, with a very professional wait staff. We've brought our 20-month old grandson twice, and the staff has been very accommodating both times. Also, bottles of wine are half price on Sundays!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicePattiGDined on 8/9/2014From the moment we entered Bonarati, we were treated like royalty. I cannot remember another restaurant where the service even compared to Bonarati. We were never rushed and the staff intuitively knew when to approach our table. The food was very good, with generous portions. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a special evening.Special Features:
- Great visitHalleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and the veal dishes were excellent. Tender, not heavily breaded - best we've had for many year and definitely the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed my dining experience at this restaurant. Great staff, never felt rushed & extremely good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestuarantJoeDinerDined on 8/3/2014This was about the tenth time my wife and I dined there. We have always had a positive dining experience. This time we both had specials of the day- my wife had halibut and I had flounder with mushroom risotta. They were both excellent choices! We also shared a zuchini blossom appetizer and a mixed green salad - large delicious portions! For dessert we shared a slice of tasty Italian rum cake. As we dined on Sunday, we had a bottle of Pinot Grigio wine at half price. The staff provided friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- Best cannolis ever38SpecialVIPDined on 7/20/2014Smooth & creamy filling. , good crunch to shell. . Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to many Italian restaurants in our lives and Bonaroti rates with the best. The menu including specials was extensive and food we chose was excellent. We plit a salad and pasta (special) appetizer, then had two seafood entrees--shrimp scampi stuffed with crab meat and Tile fish special. We finished by splitting a cannoli. Accoompanying our meal we selected from the house wines which were fine--a good price value. The server was knowledgeable and attentive, and allowed us a taste of the house wine before ordering. What more could you ask.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentRepeatDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had veal Marsalla and my wife had wild salmon. We were extremely satisfied with our choices which were matched by the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $JulieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was fairly decent, but I highly doubt the pasta is home-made like they claim it is. Wouldn't pay $22 for that spaghetti with meatballs ("Spaghetti Chris Cooley" on the menu).
- Still the best aroundNeverBetterDined on 7/12/2014Bonaroti is consistently one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. The food is excellent and there are always a wide selection of specials, the service is outstanding, and, unlike several other high end restaurants in the area, you can actually have a normal conversation with your dinner guests without having to yell.Special Features:
- Classic Italian restaurantirn9Dined on 7/6/2014A good 'old fashioned' (in a good way) restaurant. Service was excellent. Attentive but not intrusive. Food was classic Italian cooking. No great Wow! factor, but beautifully prepared and presented. We went on a Sunday night and everything on their rather expensive wine list was half price. I don't know if that is a regular event, but we had some excellent wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 05Jul14stoneponyDined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I went to Ristorante Bonaroti, after i proposed to her, to celebrate. The service is unmatched anywhere I've been, the food is amazing and it still felt very quiet and intimate even though there were (obviously) other diners in the dining room. Not to mention the prices are fair especially for fine dining. I will recommend this place to any one who wants an authentic and exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceGiataVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating a very special occasion. We had called ahead to the restaurant to request a special, quiet table. We were thrown into sea of tables, and could barely hear one another during our conversation. Our waiter was more than rude, barely making eye contact. The food was of poor quality. We experienced a more than disappointing evening. We will never return to this over-rated restaurant!
- Always the right place to gohatetocookDined on 6/21/2014Never disappointed in the food choices, the food itself, the ambiance, the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big FanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I think this restaurant is amazing and one of our favorites since it opened. It is the closest experience to Italy. Great service and consistent wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- Not rushed and worth the waitluv2dineDined on 6/20/2014This is really a relaxed atmosphere with professional waiters who know how to serve, The food is always delicious and they aren't in a hurry to get you out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 6/18/2014Are you looking for a special place in Vienna VA to celebrate a special occasion? Ristorante Bonaroti is the place! Excellent service! We felt like we were the only people there. Beautiful Tuscan environment, music, birthday serenade, delicious food, and attentive staff! It was a memorable evening!Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 6/16/2014Always enjoy everything about Ristoranti Bonaroti.Special Features:
- Great date nightcsw703Dined on 6/7/2014got the sitter and wanted a nice quiet place to go and have a special meal. Fit the bill. Excellent Food. Will go again.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseEdwardDined on 6/6/2014Having lived in McLean 17 years before going here or even hearing about it, we did not have high expectations. We were very pleasantly surprised. Food was very good. Service from our very amiable and attentive waiter (who has been there 25 years) added much to our enjoyment of the evening. We will be going back.Special Features:
- The following 586 reviews are from the Ristorante Bonaroti reviews archive.
- Ristorante Bonaroti is terrific!HMinVAVIPDined on 5/31/2014We've eaten at Ristorante Bonaroti twice recently, celebrating Mother's Day the evening before, and with a friend later. Our grandson accompanied us both times. He's a fruit eater and each time Sergio had a special plate prepared for him. The meals and service were exceptional each time. We tried both specials of fish and veal as well as ordered from the main menu. We've never been disppointed in the presentation or preparation at this restaurant. We are wine drinkers and the wine list is more than adequate. In addition, Sergio is well informed and can help with wines you may not recognize. We love this restaurant for it's consistency and quality.Special Features:
- Great CuisineJimCDined on 5/30/2014A very full menu sometimes sends up a red flag. Not at Bonaroti. The quality and presentation of the food was superb, as was the service. AT times, there seemed to be more staff than diners. An extensive wine list with both European and California wines, although the markup on our bottle of excellent Tuscan reserve was a bit high. All in all, though, a great experience.Special Features:
- John's great findjust4funDined on 5/27/2014If you like traditional Italian food; great service; extensive wine list; and quiet enough to have a conversation without screaming across the table, this is the place for you. The regular menu was outstanding but when the waiter started mentioning the specials, we all ordered the specials. Im had the lamb chops; my friend had the osso bucco; another had the tuna; and my wife had the grouper in a bag-all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceHortusDined on 5/24/2014We have been dining at Bonaroti for many years. The food and service is always consistently good. An elaborate menu plus a few specials. While I love most of the dishes I have ordered, the sea food is extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MultoBono BonarotiRepeatDinerVIPDined on 5/16/2014As always, the food was excellent, only to be compared with the same excellent service.Special Features: