428 E Maple Avenue
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonarotirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032817550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Management 703-281-7550
- Special Events: WE ARE NOW OPEN SUNDAY'S STARTING FEB 10, 2013 4:00PM TO 9:00PM. FEATURING HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES.
A word from Ristorante Bonaroti
A well-kept secret nestled in the heart of Vienna offering elegant dining within a warm and intimate setting. Our classic Italian cuisine has been ranked among the best in the Washington, D.C. area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bonaroti - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Ristorante Bonaroti reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (32)good for groups (18)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- John's great findjust4funDined on 5/27/2014If you like traditional Italian food; great service; extensive wine list; and quiet enough to have a conversation without screaming across the table, this is the place for you. The regular menu was outstanding but when the waiter started mentioning the specials, we all ordered the specials. Im had the lamb chops; my friend had the osso bucco; another had the tuna; and my wife had the grouper in a bag-all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceHortusDined on 5/24/2014We have been dining at Bonaroti for many years. The food and service is always consistently good. An elaborate menu plus a few specials. While I love most of the dishes I have ordered, the sea food is extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MultoBono BonarotiRepeatDinerVIPDined on 5/16/2014As always, the food was excellent, only to be compared with the same excellent service.Special Features:
- GreatMOCCJDined on 5/12/2014Group of 6 of us, many Italian descent all loved it, enjoyed the food and said 'just like Mama used to make". Definitely would go there again. Would even bring my Mom!!Special Features:
- Dining experienceLovegoodhotfoodDined on 5/11/2014I particularly enjoyed that the food was delivered hot -- not warm as happens at so many places. Sometimes it appears that wait staff doesn't keep track of their orders and food sits and "cools". Also, the restaurant did not hurry us or make us feel as though we should move on. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Restaurant was a great "find" for me. It was great in all aspects. Children thru grandmas were comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find in Viennaprofessor7Dined on 5/11/2014First time to visit this little, old, gem in Vienna, Virginia. Much better than anyone would suspect for Vienna! Beautifully done plates of interesting & tasty (but not nouvelle) cuisine. Expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Like a truly old-fashioned restaurant - focused on great service, good training of staff, and very nicely prepared fresh food. 4 of us had veal specials, tuna steak (done to perfection) and pasta special. Don't go here if you want tiny portions served by a snooty staff. I'm old school, and I prefer old school. Made me think of great dinners in Germany or the 'real' Vienna. Great wine list, too.Special Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our group had a most delightful dinner experience. All appetizers were outstanding and most entrees were terrific. There was only one person in the group that for some reason did not like the entree because it was her favorite and did not meet her expectations. The waiters were superb! - We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood SpotLew12Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent Italian and Italian style meals. We especially liked the extensive fish selection. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Restaurant was not at all noisy and it was easy to converse with other guests. On this visit we did not have drinks, so cannot comment on wine list. Prices overall were moderate, especially for DC metro area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a nice dinnerPinkcoupeDined on 4/27/2014I have a very limited diet. I am gluten intolerant, but was able to find many good items at this Italian restaurant. I had the Mink fish and Mussells, and my husband had the grilled sea bass. Both were well presented. I cannot eat many vegtables that are standard restaurant fare, but Bonaroti went out of their way to serve what I can eat. We were here for our anniversary, because this is where we had our first date, back when I could eat anything. I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Had a wonderful meal last Saturday evening at an old favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014We go the Bonaroti several times a year. The atmosphere, service and food is always over the top. The list of specials will make your mind spin. The staff is wonderful, attentive but not intrusive. A great place for a special mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/25/2014The waitstaff were extremely attentive and never missed a beat. We decided to come to this restaurant on a whim looking for something new and are so happy we did. I know its been around for along time and you can see why with the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Always greatRepeatDinerVIPDined on 4/20/2014Great dining and accomodated our seven people (4 kids and 3 adults) with their individual requests.Special Features:
- Hidden gemxoxoCocoDined on 4/18/2014My family and I are constantly looking for great, family-owned restaurants and with ristorante bonaroti we found just that! In short, the food was absolutely superb! The food literally meltEd in our mouths. Even my mom loves the food and she is extremely picky. The location isn't the best but that's okay because I'm willing to travel for great food. The service is good, our server could have been friendlier but the other staff was so nice and very attentive. You can tell the owner, Sergio, means business and really cares about his patrons!! He always greeted patrons as they walked in and personally said goodbye as they left. Bottom line: a must try restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLovemesumitalianDined on 4/12/2014Accommodated us arriving 30min early for our reservation, very attentive staff, delicious food and overall great experience. Loved the spicy marinara sauce. Made my mother's birthday very special!Special Features:
- A Special PlacejoyofeatingDined on 3/22/2014The restaurant is always great for special occasions and did not disappoint. For our anniversary dinner, my wife had the rockfish and I had lobster ravioli. Both were outstanding. The service was impecible and Sergio, the owener, must of stopped by the table two or three times to make sure all was fine. They provided us biscotti and after dinner drinks on the house. Very old school place, but mean that in a good way.Special Features:
- As usual, dining at Bonaroti'sLu2dineVIPDined on 3/22/2014As usual, dining at Bonaroti's is a particularly pleasant experience. We brought a guest from Columbia, SC here who tried a veal dish for the first time. He was extremely pleased with not only the veal dish but appetizer and selection of desserts as well. It was an exceedingly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!!TSF4Dined on 3/15/2014My husband and I had our first dinner at Bonaroti. We decided to make reservations based on a wonderful recommendation from a friend who lives in Vienna. THANK YOU Bonaroti for making my birthday special. Romantic atmosphere, professional waiters, very beautifully made dinner. GO!!!!!Special Features:
- Bonaroti's is always an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014Bonaroti's is always an excellent place to dine. The service is great and I've never put a bad bite of food in my mouth there. My wife and I always look forward to dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodfromOaktonVIPDined on 3/8/2014You'll be hard pressed to find anyplace with better Italian food than Bonaroti. The menu is extensive and every dish seems to please and amaze. We've dined at Bonaroti for years and applaud the consistency of the restaurant--favorite meals remain the same to be enjoyed in equal measure year over year. And, the service is excellent--old world charm and attention to detail. The owner, Sergio, runs a tight ship and it shows. The waiters are knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. If you take visitors to Bonaroti, you can be assured that they will enjoy the food and feel well served.Special Features:
- Per the waiter, we were wrong.BuddyLoveDined on 3/7/2014We've had nice dining experiences there before, but not this time. We ordered an old stand by for an Italian restaurant, one that you can use to compare to other restaurants, the veal parmigiana. Don't know the cut or quality of veal they use, but it was grey mush. We've had better at a diner. The waiter came over and asked us how the meals were. We were honest and told him that the veal parm was terrible. He proceded to tell us that we were wrong because this was their most popular dish and all their customers like it. So we filled up on bread, paid the bill, and left. It's a good restaurant and the owner is a wonderful host. Give it a try but stay away from the veal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great iItalian foodYie4209Dined on 3/7/2014Ordered sole. Very nicely done. Tried lobster ravioli and bongole my friends order and they were excellent, too. Rosemary focaccia bread served when you seated was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!LauraDDined on 3/1/2014I was in the area with friends to celebrate my birthday for with weekend! We decided we wanted a good Italian restaurant and the is exactly what we found! The decor was a little dated however the food and wine made up for the decor! We sat in the Michealangelo room where there was another large party...they were a little loud however we simply enjoyed watching them have a great time! The food was excellent from the appetizer to the mixed berry dessert! We will add this to our list of favorite "local" Italian ristorante!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntoEarthFoodiesDined on 3/1/2014Excellent food and a great atmosphere for a special occasion or just a night out. We really have enjoyed our times at Bonaroti. And the staff are great. Such an enjoyable place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite Italian restaurantRobinVIPDined on 2/28/2014This place is great! Great service, great food! My husband is from Naples, Italy and is very particular about Italian food. We met the owner, and they chatted in Italian. Everything was fabulous! We just loved it and can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dining experienceptc22030Dined on 2/28/2014I reserved for four for a birthday celebration ... the menu was exceptional, all dishes were prepared perfectly. The owner visited us no fewer than 3 times during the evening to check on our satisfaction. The wine list was extensive and had reasonably priced Italian whites and reds ... each special was better than the last. Service was outstanding, from the coat-check to the table service, and warmth was present throughout the evening. Thank you Ristorante Bonaroti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want the bestRepeatDinerVIPDined on 2/27/2014A great place for great food and equally as great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, mediocre at bestfoodiex3Dined on 2/22/2014First husband was Italian, learned what great Italian food was...this is not it. Portions were small, veal was overcooked, manicotti was heavy. This restaurant was rated one of the the top 3 Italian restaurants in NoVa. I was very disappointed.
- The ability of our serverLu2dineVIPDined on 2/20/2014The ability of our server to recite the extensive special menu selections from memory was particularly impressive. The food and service was outstanding and the personal attention of Sergio, demonstrated by stopping at our table as well as complimentary dessert and after dinner drinks, made for a memorable 49th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2014This was our first time at Bonaroti's despite living in the Vienna area for many years. It ended up being a wonderful place to celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. Sergio, the owner, is delightful and meets you at the door with a smile. The wine list is extensive, the food choices are excellent. After learning it was my husband's birthday, the waiters sang him Happy Birthday. They all had very good voices. Service was great. You should definitely try the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 2/15/2014We went Valentines Day Saturday and it was very nice. Food and service was good. They had a special menu to order from which was a little pricy but it was a holiday. Overall, it was all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to go forKirbiliniDined on 2/9/2014Very nice place to go for a romantic evening out. Just a bit pricey to eat there often, special occasion place only. Food is delicious. Easy to relax and enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceKaShiDCDined on 2/7/2014We had not been her for a while and forgot how good it is! Everything was excellent, I strayed from my normal entrée and tried the veal ravioli special which was excellent. The avocado salad was beyond compare - it was caprese style with avocados and should be a permanent addition to the menu, yummy!Special Features:
- As always the food was exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/31/2014Every time we dine at Bonaroti's we wonder why we don't go there more often. We have never had anything but a fantastic meal. The staff is great . The menu is extensive as well as the specials. If you haven't been you are missing a great place. It's great for a business lunch too!Special Features:
- The food, as usual, was excellent.breakfastloverVIPDined on 1/26/2014The food, as usual, was excellent. The wait staff is very welcoming and warm, but one of our servers wouldn't look at us when he read the specials; he looked rather disinterested. His failure to make eye contact also made it difficult to understand his heavy accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service and food.BuddyLoveDined on 1/25/2014Top notch service and food. You always feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to DetailUpscaleDinerDined on 1/25/2014Elegant dining experience. From the time you are seated the staff is completely, yet unobtrusively attentive to everything 'customary upscale dining'. The food is superior all across the menu---there are still dishes I want to try, but they do everything extremely well with several options each for pasta, fish, chicken, veal, etc. The prices are on the high end, which really makes it the perfect place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante Bonaroti is a Must!travelingnurse1VIPDined on 1/19/2014This special restaurant never disappoints - a wonderful celebration for birthdays, anniversaries, or special date night. Try the eggplant appetizer, or the veal with lobster main dish, or any of the wonderful pastas! Thank you Sergio for being part of our special celebrations year after year.Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014The food is fantastic, the ambiance is intimate, and Sergio runs it to perfection. I had the Veal Lasagna and it was delicious, paired with a selected Chianti once again we had a tremendous meal. Usually utilize this restaurant for special occasions. This time it was for a Thank You to friends of ours. This was their first experience and they could not get over how good the food was. The service (waiter) seemed a bit overwhelmed and forgetful, but Sergio stepped in and helped make sure everything was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.