428 E Maple Avenue
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonarotirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032817550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Management 703-281-7550
- Special Events: WE ARE NOW OPEN SUNDAY'S STARTING FEB 10, 2013 4:00PM TO 9:00PM. FEATURING HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES.
A word from Ristorante Bonaroti
A well-kept secret nestled in the heart of Vienna offering elegant dining within a warm and intimate setting. Our classic Italian cuisine has been ranked among the best in the Washington, D.C. area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bonaroti - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Ristorante Bonaroti reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (29)good for groups (18)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014as usual, the restaurant was pretty and lit just right. a table near us was loud but our request to move was taken care of immediately. food was tasty and at the right temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianPenmanshipVIPDined on 10/13/2014This under the radar Italian is a go to place for us. Wonderful pastas, fish in papallote, sea fish stew---all the Italian classics. Wonderful, professional waitstaff, beautiful dining room. It is a twice a month place for us.Special Features:
- Excellent hidden gemLocalbeerfinderDined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite italian restaurant in the area. The food is amazing, and the owner personally seats you each time. It definitely has the feeling of a true italian restaurant, and the food is always amazing.Special Features:
- nearly perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We were extremely pleased with our first visit to Bonaroti. The menu and nightly specials are extensive. Some of the menu choices were unique (to me), such as a spaghetti offering with lamb bolognese and black truffle oil, and rolled stuffed veal in a marsala sauce, which I found very satisfying. The wine list is also extensive. Food quality was outstanding, & portions just right. Ambiance is lush, noise level low to moderate, depending on volume. Even as the restaurant filled up, our table conversation was comfortable. Our server was very knowledgeable, but did tend to break away from our dialogue before we had finished our questions or requests. That was the only glitch in an otherwise perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatRepeatDinerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding service intent to accommodating each wish, even to change what's part of the menu. The food easily matched the service and was devoured with delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First not LastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Our first visit after four years in Virginia. Loved everything about it. The food was hot and exquisitely prepared. It will not be our last visit, promise.Special Features:
- Very goodmichelleDined on 10/2/2014Would go back again when in the area. Great ambiance, friendly and attentive service and everyone at our table enjoyed the food .Special Features:
- Always wonderfulDCgirlVIPDined on 10/1/2014Marvelous specials abound every time we enjoy our meal at Bonaroti's. It is a really nice special occasion or casual evening place but you are made to feel special. The food is always delicious and service is attentive but more obsequious which is nice and non-intrusive. Lots of wonderful fish are always on the specials and they are consistently very good and very well executed. I always look forward to dining there.Special Features:
- 30th anniversaryMarkfromarkDined on 9/27/2014We love the classic Italian restaurant feel of the place.Special Features:
- HalleyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The service and food were excellent as always. This is our 2nd visit and is now one of our neighborhood favorites.Special Features:
- Great experienceJerryDined on 9/26/2014An established and excellent restaurant. I wrote that it was my wife's birthday, and four waiters came by the table and sang happy birthday to my wife. A great surprise! Food was great, and service overall was attentive but never obstructive. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon ApetiteS52FanDined on 9/26/2014Bonaroti is always a great dining experience for a special occasion. My wife and I dine on our anniversary and Valentines Day every year. Of course we eat their other times during the year as well, but make those special times more special. Sergio is the quintessential host and the service staff are always superb. The food is among the best Italian food in the region and the wine list allows for satisfaction from the novice to the wine connoisseur. The ambience is romantic while surrounded by an authentic Italian décor. Your always treated like family and never rushed. Five stars every time.Special Features:
- Ristorante Bonaroti..off the chartsSVCFaceVIPDined on 9/22/2014What an incredible dining experience. The tremendous attentive service was only overshadowed by the delectable food. The menu covered every possible culinary delight. If you wanr=t to enjoy fine food in a great Italian family atmosphere, then Ristorante Bonaroti is the place to go.Special Features:
- BellsringVIPDined on 9/20/2014Delicious caesar salad, veal scaloppini dish with mushrooms, cream sauce, and cognac. Affordable Italian wine suggested by Sergio, which perfectly complemented our meal. Wonderful evening, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationPeggyDined on 9/19/2014I took my friend to celebrate his birthday and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Superb---as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/18/2014Bonorati's is simply terrific. The food is always top drawer, the service European in elegance and excellence, and the number of menu items and specials not to mention their willingness to alter dishes and cook some things that aren't on the menu, unsurpassed. It is also quiet at lunch time and so a great place to have a business lunch or a gathering.Special Features:
- Great ambiance ok foodmandabufflyDined on 9/17/2014When you walk in it definitely feels like old school Italian and very authentic. The dishes we ordered were on the dry side. He ordered the flounder that had a great lemon butter sauce but the fish itself was fairly dry. I ordered the chicken saltimbocca and the chicken was pretty dry also. The best dish hands down was the side of pasta with the marinara sauce. The service was wonderful and ambiance was romantic and I'd return to try a more basic dish with that delicious marinara sauce.Special Features:
- Excellent all-arounddcdinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is consistently excellent. Not trying to break new culinary waters, but just makes great classic Italian food. Great server.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantjglreviewDined on 9/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was great, menu has many items to choose from and there were several specials on a Wednesday night. The wine list offered a lot of variety with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFineDineDined on 9/3/2014Great spot for a quite business lunch meeting. The food selection is good the service is offered at the right pace. Above all, the food was served hot and was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend BonarotiFL2VADined on 8/30/2014The food was above average and the service was excellent. My linguine with red clam sauce was terrific. Like many restaurants, they make a lot of profit on customers ordering drinks with dinner. Even after it became apparent that we weren't going to be ordering alcohol, the service remained at the same high-level. As long as you realize your committing to about $40/person, you should be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! As good this time asFredDined on 8/29/2014it was on previous occasions. Normally one of the first places that comes to mind when we have a special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was delicious (lobster ravioli was out of this world) and wine list extensive! Service was fantastic - paced the meal perfectly so we didn't feel rushed though the restaurant was quite busy. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysRepeatDinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Just the place for outstanding food and service for any occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. Food and service was impeccable. Sergio watches over his guests constantly to insure they are being attended to. Have been here several times, and always terrificSpecial Features:
- ExcellentGianDined on 8/20/2014We went to Ristorante Bonaroti for our wedding anniversary and we had a really good time, enjoy the food and service. I will recommend this restaurant to my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemEsteeMom51Dined on 8/18/2014Staff was very professional & attentive. Food was wonderful....very traditional on the menu but the actual items served were very special. Every thing made on-site & delicious. Extremely attentive wait staff & wonderful table service. This is not a restaurant for children or a quick meal - this is a restaurant for fine service & relaxing with wonderful meals w/ extra touches such as a glass of Amaretto before leaving. Located in a convenient area an easy drive from our hotel & Wolf Trap. An Italian Gem for anyone desiring a wonderful evening's mealSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Ristorante Bonaroti is our favorite go-to Italian restaurant. We've been there about 12 times. Food and service is consistently excellent, with a very professional wait staff. We've brought our 20-month old grandson twice, and the staff has been very accommodating both times. Also, bottles of wine are half price on Sundays!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicePattiGDined on 8/9/2014From the moment we entered Bonarati, we were treated like royalty. I cannot remember another restaurant where the service even compared to Bonarati. We were never rushed and the staff intuitively knew when to approach our table. The food was very good, with generous portions. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for a special evening.Special Features:
- Great visitHalleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and the veal dishes were excellent. Tender, not heavily breaded - best we've had for many year and definitely the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed my dining experience at this restaurant. Great staff, never felt rushed & extremely good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestuarantJoeDinerDined on 8/3/2014This was about the tenth time my wife and I dined there. We have always had a positive dining experience. This time we both had specials of the day- my wife had halibut and I had flounder with mushroom risotta. They were both excellent choices! We also shared a zuchini blossom appetizer and a mixed green salad - large delicious portions! For dessert we shared a slice of tasty Italian rum cake. As we dined on Sunday, we had a bottle of Pinot Grigio wine at half price. The staff provided friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- Best cannolis ever38SpecialVIPDined on 7/20/2014Smooth & creamy filling. , good crunch to shell. . Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to many Italian restaurants in our lives and Bonaroti rates with the best. The menu including specials was extensive and food we chose was excellent. We plit a salad and pasta (special) appetizer, then had two seafood entrees--shrimp scampi stuffed with crab meat and Tile fish special. We finished by splitting a cannoli. Accoompanying our meal we selected from the house wines which were fine--a good price value. The server was knowledgeable and attentive, and allowed us a taste of the house wine before ordering. What more could you ask.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentRepeatDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had veal Marsalla and my wife had wild salmon. We were extremely satisfied with our choices which were matched by the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $JulieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food was fairly decent, but I highly doubt the pasta is home-made like they claim it is. Wouldn't pay $22 for that spaghetti with meatballs ("Spaghetti Chris Cooley" on the menu).
- Still the best aroundNeverBetterDined on 7/12/2014Bonaroti is consistently one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. The food is excellent and there are always a wide selection of specials, the service is outstanding, and, unlike several other high end restaurants in the area, you can actually have a normal conversation with your dinner guests without having to yell.Special Features:
- Classic Italian restaurantirn9Dined on 7/6/2014A good 'old fashioned' (in a good way) restaurant. Service was excellent. Attentive but not intrusive. Food was classic Italian cooking. No great Wow! factor, but beautifully prepared and presented. We went on a Sunday night and everything on their rather expensive wine list was half price. I don't know if that is a regular event, but we had some excellent wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 05Jul14stoneponyDined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend and I went to Ristorante Bonaroti, after i proposed to her, to celebrate. The service is unmatched anywhere I've been, the food is amazing and it still felt very quiet and intimate even though there were (obviously) other diners in the dining room. Not to mention the prices are fair especially for fine dining. I will recommend this place to any one who wants an authentic and exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceGiataVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating a very special occasion. We had called ahead to the restaurant to request a special, quiet table. We were thrown into sea of tables, and could barely hear one another during our conversation. Our waiter was more than rude, barely making eye contact. The food was of poor quality. We experienced a more than disappointing evening. We will never return to this over-rated restaurant!
- The following 593 reviews are from the Ristorante Bonaroti reviews archive.