Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos
376 First Street
Los Altos, CA 94022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinebellavita.com/
- Phone: 650 917 0300 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday To Friday: 11 AM 2.30 PM
Dinner: Daily: 4-30 PM 9.30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bella Vita Private dinning avaable cater In or out for more information please vizit www.dinebellavita.com or contact Bella Vita email@example.com
Your Host is I.Jan Unlu
- Special Events: I. Jan Unlu will work with you on any Special or private evens we have beautiful wine room or Italian cortabella for private dining
Information under Catering thank you Bella Vita
A word from Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos
Ristorante Bella Vita is located in downtown Los Altos on First Street and serves Northern Italian Cuisine. Our dishes are prepared the finest and freshest ingredients featuring ever changing daily specials we will prepare any special meal to meat your diet. Gluten free and whole Wheat pastas available on your request We offer a full bar with an exceptional Wine list.We have Private dining available for any to gathering and catering out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos - Best Restaurants in Los Altos ›
Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)romantic (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bella Vita!s great!JayceeVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love this fine restaurant.It is always a great time, excellent food & atmosphere. It is a real gem. We will Neva k soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderfulAuntieLDined on 9/22/2014I went with a friend and we ordered one of each course and planned to share. They brought each course already split and our waiter was very attentive and had a great sense of humor. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice mealcpe123VIPDined on 9/20/2014Sort of a 'throwback' spot - with solid food. Outdoor seating is covered - so not quite the outside experience - but we both enjoyed our pasta dishes & the service was very good. Split salad without request or charge & waived corkage as we bought a bottle of their wine as well. Will try again...Special Features:
- Tucked AwayShoos4diningoutDined on 9/18/2014Perfect for special occasion or romantic dining. You are surrounded by a nice atmosphere (if those seated at the bar are not speaking too loud). The ribeye was excellent, cooked to perfection the way I asked, great and proper service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella Vitanapadiner2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service and tiramisu! We had 2 pasta dishes which were flavorful and well-blended, but the arugula salad was a bit flat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentableguruDined on 8/25/2014Very friendly service and nice decor, the indoor water fountain is noisy albeit beatifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRULY A NEIGHBORHOOD GEM!FoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have eaten there many times - through good changes and "not so good" times. Recently it has seemed to be better and better both for food, and service. One waiter has now been there for some time, which is a good sign for staff longevity. We enjoyed our meal and the ambiance. Another plus was that we used our Open Table reward check and they accepted it without any problems. KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014This is one of my regular spots. Kudos to Memo the waiter. No hesitation in recommending this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint dining spotHMBJoeDined on 8/16/2014We've eaten here many times and have been consistently satisfied. It's a quaint spot with a charming atmosphere and very good food (plus, the bread pudding is TERRIFIC!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKsearchinggoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Service was confusing - we were taken care of by 2 different servers who brought duplicate utensils, etc. and didn't notice. But it was prompt. Food was good/not great. We were on back patio - VERY NOISY!!! For that reason, I may not return, except I'm guessing it's quieter in the front dining room.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/14/2014We went with a groupon. The food was OK but nothing special. My pasta and meat balls were too garlicy. My wife's pasta with clams were better. Her spinach salad seemed to be made with the prewashed spinach out of a bag. I don't know how she can tell.
- Delicioso!MollybeeDined on 8/8/2014Yummy specials and great ambiance. I recommend sitting in the patio as it isn't as dark as the main restaurant. Great location to downtown and to the freeway. Easy to park which was nice on a Friday night!Special Features:
- Good food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy this restaurant. Am crazy about their basic version of carpaccio manzo, even without the cheese (am milk intolerant). They have mastered their preparation of GF pastas, too. The vongole entrée in a chardonnay wine sauce was wonderful. My companions practically licked up their plates tho I can't recall what they had--too busy enjoying my own.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNectarVIPDined on 7/25/2014From the outside the restaurant doesn't look like much. It's low slung and surrounded by parking lot. The first impression once in the front door is of renaissance Italian revival interpreted circa 1992. However the welcome from the staff at the door was warm and genuine and that extended to the wait staff. The decor had me resigned to a mediocre meal but the Caesar salad with grilled salmon was delicious. The salmon was very well prepared with a light char on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. The place is obviously popular with locals and the lunch salads at the tables around us all looked fresh and tasty. I would go back. It was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a quiet lunchMaryVIPDined on 7/22/2014My friend and I had a nice lunch of salads and hot appetizers. Nothing either wowed or disappointed us.Special Features:
- FoodAddictDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent (except for cannoli's--see below) nice presentation, pleasant waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravellerVIPDined on 7/16/2014Always consistently good food and service. Veal dishes are flavorful.Special Features:
- excellent valueJanettaVIPDined on 7/15/2014we come often and with our friends all pastas and veal dishes are goodSpecial Features:
- Always good Italian diningJanettaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Service is good Food is excellent lobster ravioli wonderful good breadSpecial Features:
- Romantic Authentic Italian Dinnerhappydiner75Dined on 6/25/2014We had a great time and the food was classic. Very impressed.Special Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Ristorante Bella Vita - Los Altos reviews archive.
- Too warm & a bit noisypamjayonfirDined on 6/21/2014The 4 of us enjoyed our meals, but because of a loud diner at the next table, we had trouble hearing the waiter explain the specials, etc. Also, we were tucked into a corner & it was very warm. We should remember to ask for a table on the patio.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood FavoriteFoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant for several years and seen it improve recently into a lovely, varied, dinner venue. The atmosphere is pleasant and unpretentious, the food has become much more imaginative - especially the appetizers and salads, and though prices have risen, it is still a reasonable place to enjoy. We often see friends and neighbors there and some staff members have stayed over time - often an indication of good management. It is also a fine family celebration spot. We recommend it.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Halibut!GreggersVIPDined on 6/20/2014The halibut was to die for! It was absolutely scrumptious. It was extremely tasty, moist and prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, good foodPMacDined on 6/15/2014First time ever ate there. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the atmosphere was nice inside. The food was excellent, portions a good size, and the service was great. Feels family run, like you're being taken care of by people who care. Parking is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pastaJandDined on 6/11/2014We usually order pasta But the crab cakes and portobello sandwich were excellentSpecial Features:
- OutstandingLosAltosNativeDined on 6/10/2014I have been going here since it was the 'Black Forest Inn' as a kid. I have not been here for over 5 years and I was so impressed with its decor and remodel that kept with the same spirit as the cozy predecessor. Service was impeccable. Food and its presentation was fantastic. Selection of wines was staggering. My friends and I loved this place and it is a given that we will return soon.Special Features:
- Nice Italian PlaceCalvinRooneyDined on 5/18/2014Can't go wrong with Bella Vita. Nice location, charming decor, pleasant ambiance, excellent food and service. On the expensive side but hey you're in downtown Los Altos. I would recommend Bella Vita for any special occasion like a graduation celebration, birthday. Come to think of it, this restaurant would be a perfect spot for a first date!Special Features:
- Understaffed at 6 p.m.PamelaDined on 5/15/2014We have had nice dining experiences at Bella Vita in the past. This time, however, we had a reservation for an early 6 p.m. dinner midweek. Service was terribly slow. Water was poured immediately but we had to ask after waiting awhile for drink ordering. We were assigned a courteous server who explained ours was not his table but he would be glad to take care of us. He was wonderful (kudos to him), but our food was unacceptably late coming from the kitchen. Food was good, once served.
- Nothing to recommend ...mfowlerDined on 5/11/2014Our entire experience was one disappointment after another - Having to order from an unadvertised Mother's Day Brunch 'special' menu 80% sparser and 50% pricier than the regular lunch menu - if we hadn't had a party of 7 and my 88 year-old Mother with us, my wife and I would have left then. Two of us ordered ground beef lasagna, which arrived cold, meatless and with 15 minutes between first plate and last. Entrees came without garnish, vegetable or presentation - a square of lukewarm lasagna on a plate. We could have added a salad, but at $26 for a garden salad... seriously? After finishing our entrees, we asked for our check, left a 10% tip, and, hungry, walked to Draeger's Market to purchase bakery treats for dessert. We'd had enough...
- What a nice place!LividdavidVIPDined on 5/10/2014Just right for a Mother's Day Eve dinner! Good service. Nice specials. Nothing weird. Many happy family groups. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Fabulous Authentic Food & AmbianceLisasdeetsDined on 4/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised and enchanted on our first visit. Excellent food, ambiance and service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Los AltosFritzDined on 4/5/2014Food, service, ambience- amore! Everything is special here. Going here for years. None better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I enjoyed thesf53slsDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. We ordered a glass of wine and expected it before our dinner came. However, I had to remind our waiter to bring our drinks. In addition, our dinner came before our wine was brought to the table and the meal was not totally hot.
- Nice placeHeathVIPDined on 3/18/2014Went there for lunch the other day. I had the spinach salad with chicken. It was great meal.Nice ambiance, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantDinerDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed a quiet evening with a comfortable environment, friendly and efficient service with being intrusive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great lunchInSFonBusDined on 3/4/2014I took a group here for lunch. Great food. Drink service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodSonnyjDined on 3/1/2014Found this restaurant in late Nov. Back for the 3 time. Thos time brought friends. Very enjoyable evening. There was a slight slippage in usually excellent service. Still a very good overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Funny tasting waterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014Everything was really quite nice except the water had a very funny taste and the place smelled a bit like kitchen cleaner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GnocchiKaterineDined on 2/28/2014I would give this a higher grade with the exception that I ordered something off menu and they got it wrong - I am part to blame for ordering off menu - they are part to blame because it is such a common alternative method of serving the dish, that I am surprised that they got it wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable RestaurantLeungVIPDined on 2/26/2014This is not a fantastic but comfortable restaurant. The price is OK.Special Features: