Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
7616 W. State Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53213Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantebartolotta.com/
- Phone: 4147717910x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Urbieta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room will accommodate 55-60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Hasselbacher 4147717910x
- Entertainment: Chef's Special Menu changes often and always offers the best authentic regional Italian cuisine. Peruse our all-Italian wine list of over 200 labels - you will surely find some new favorites! Half-off wine promotion every Monday and Tuesday night.
- Special Events: Check our website for the latest in Italian Chef dinners or visiting winemakers!
A word from Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
The flagship of the Bartolotta Restaurants, Ristorante Bartolotta opened in Wauwatosa in 1993 and has been a local favorite ever since. Regularly voted the best Italian in Milwaukee, the charming Ristorante Bartolotta features handmade pastas and rustic Northern Italian cooking, with a chef's tasting menu that changes ever so often by the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (70)romantic (69)hot spot (13)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with two of my children and their spouses. Food was great, presentation could have been better on the pasta dishes especially the duck ragu. Although, the taste was fabulous! We were sitting next to the curtain in the restaurant and the sun was shining right into two of our faces during part of dinner. We asked the wait staff to modify the shades, but they stated there were no shades to adjust on the upper window. Also, the fans were going very fast and we asked if they could turn the one above us off. The wait staff stated they had to shut off the entire restaurant to modify the fan above us.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Always a fabulous meal at Ristorante Bartolotta. Great atmosphere and service.
- DelightedMevaDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband here for a birthday dinner. We both loved the food and my husband was surprised and delighted at the décor and feel of the restaurant. We live in Chicago but would come back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WauwatosaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014During our short stay in Wauwatosa, we dined at this lovely restaurant. We were seated at a round booth for 4, which I loved. Our server was very knowledgeable regarding every aspect of the menu. Our courses were served with ample time in between and were delicious. We will definitely return to dine at Bartolotta. They have several restaurants in the area...in fact we had a delicious quick meal at the airport in Milwaukee!at Nonna's, a sister restaurant.
- Outstanding serviceConsistentDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I visit Ristorante Bartolotta 3 - 4 times a year. It's always wonderful to see consistency in the staff. Carissa was attentive and not too doting...she gave us room to chat, which is why we were there. Zack was phenomenal...though newer, he was gracious, quick to help, careful, comfortable...a delightful young man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but worst service everAndyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not our 1st time at Ristorante for any of us at our table, usual excellent calamari and great main dishes, once they came out. But after describing the menu & specials and once water & wine were poured, both waiters abandoned our table for probably 15-20 minutes while menus sat idle in front of us. It wasn't even that busy this nite. Maître D seemed oblivious. Finally hailed the second/back waiter and asked why no one took our order? He apologized and took it, but never saw our first waiter at our table until after main courses came out. Apparantly other tables and other guests were more demanding or more important? Not the usual excellent service we get at this or any other Bartolotta establishment. Very strange .Special Features:
- Service needs to improveKduval14Dined on 8/8/2014We loved the food and will go back for sure but our server really put a damper on our evening. When we sat down we were told to servers would be helping us but it felt like we spent our evening looking for them to get us another bottle of wine, refill our water, answer menu questions and tell us about desserts. The restaurant is small so it's pretty hard to go missing unless you're hanging out in the kitchen which is what seemed to be happening. The food however was spot on and what will drive us to go back and try a different server :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurehoffmajeDined on 8/2/2014We love Ristorante for the wonderful food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I die for duck pappardelle!BostonwomanDined on 7/31/2014On a recent mid-week night my husband & I had dinner at this high-quality Tosa spot. If you have never been, you must go, if only to try their duck pappardelle. Absolutely melts in your mouth! Definitely in my top 3 dishes ever! Service was a bit too intrusive w 2 servers often interrupting our conversation to ask "is there anything else we can do for you?" Btw the 2 of them this happened about 6 times during the meal. Other food was authentic Italian & very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding dinner all around. Appetizers, main course, dessert, wine - just perfect. Entire staff was wonderful. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionAllisonCDined on 7/28/2014We decided to go to Ristorante Bartolotta for our wedding anniversary as we live only a five minute walk away. It was a fantastic decision as we were treated incredibly well by all the staff especially our servers. The food was probably the best Italian food you can find in Milwaukee and surely the best pasta around! The Calamari and Caesar salad were also delicious. The wine list was extensive and it was half price bottles under $100, a great surprise! Our servers talked about our wine choice all night and were very well informed. They even sent us home with Tiramisu for dessert!Special Features:
- the evening was just ok..jcoolyDined on 7/26/2014seating was very tight at a table for Two. Expected more pasta dishes. Would only return with a larger partySpecial Features:
- Great foodNickelsDined on 7/25/2014We love this cozy place and the food is outstanding - always high quality and a nice presentation. There's plenty of good wine to choose from and the waiters/waitresses are friendly and take good care of you - great service. This time we had the seafood medley (can't pronouce or spell the name of the dish) but it had calamari, octopus, shrimp, salmon and scallops. The scallops were the best I ever tasted. All of it was grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed an excellent dinner here. The staff was courteous, friendly, and knowledgable about the menu. We enjoyed every food recommendation from our waitress! It is excellent for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I love the intimateGreatfoodieDined on 7/22/2014setting, great food and service, and the option of large or smaller portions for entrees. Our favorite Bartolotta restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAC6VIPDined on 7/21/2014As always, they did not disappoint! I had a group of 5 and everything was delicious and our server did a wonderful job. I ordered from the seasonal menu and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful as alwaysWFBDinerDined on 7/6/2014Excellent food and great service! Always have a great time when dining here.Special Features:
- MajorfoodieDined on 7/1/2014Always look forward to dining at Ristorante Bartolotta. My favorite is the peppardalle with duck ragu. Yum!Special Features:
- birthday night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We had a great table, but its very crowded there. Also, we had trouble with the menu, but with help from our daughter we finally ordered after about 30 minutes. very slow service, but cordial. I thought that there would have been more offerings with our entre, not everything ala carte.Special Features:
- BethDined on 6/30/2014Our reservation was for 8 pm. We arrived at 8:05 pm to find the restaurant closed as they had no power. I did not receive a phone call in advance, but I get it - no power. What surprised me was that there was no follow-up from the restaurant the next day. Wouldn't you think that they would call to reschedule my reservation? I'm not even asking for anything in return - just a courtesy call. Nothing from them. Anyway, I called to reschedule the reservation as I have wanted to eat here. The duck ragu has apparently been on the menu for 20+ years, but it's nothing special. Seafood was overcooked, but they comped me, to their credit. Artichoke mousse was good. It's very loud there - hard to hear. I was underwhelmed for all the hype.
- DelightfulLivetoeat2Dined on 6/28/2014What a nice surprise! The food was wonderful-pasta that melted in your mouth and amply proportioned entrees. The kitchen was incredibly accommodating and was able to meet the needs of a gluten free meal too. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Ristorante Bartolotta will always be one of our favorites. The food is fantastic, the service is excellent - it's a wonderful place to enjoy a meal!Special Features:
- always great foodDorkyDined on 6/21/2014we had not been here in awhile as whenever we think of it too late to get reservation at preferred time; food was really good and service great; my only complaint would be how close we sat to other diners especially at a table for 2, right on top of each other so hard to have a private conversation; would like to try the course dinner sometime alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good/badpoWegsDined on 6/18/20142 of our 5 dinners were Bartolotta Quality ! The lobster, tomato white wine sauce entree was not! The lobster was not fresh. It was , therefore, ,unsatisfactory! We have been frequenting this Bartolotta restaurant ever since it first opened and this was the first time we were somewhat disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014As with all the Bartolotta restaurants, the meal and service were outstanding. Friendly and attentive waitstaff. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20thAnniversarydateDined on 6/16/2014Fantastic restaurant. The food was delicious and the generosity of the staff was top-notch. Thank you Bartolotta's for a wonderful anniversary dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good and serviceAnonymousDined on 6/14/2014Really impressed with the food, service and ambience. Great place for a date as well as to hang out.Special Features:
- DissappointedSeafoodieDined on 6/14/2014I have been to this restaraunt 5 times previously and have always enjoyed the meal and service. This time we were dissappointed. I am not sure if they have added eaxtra tables along the exterior wall or what but we felt very crammped, and were way to close to the couples on either side of us. This was distracting. We felt the service was rushed and this combined with the tight space made for an unpleasant dining experience. My meal was just OK which is a great change from the food normally had at this establishment. I ordered the Grigliata Mista di Mare, where the fish of the day was monk fish. My entree arrived with 1 piece of monkfish about the size of triscuit cracker.Special Features:
- A ClassicitsmevkbDined on 6/7/2014Ristorante Bartolotta never fails to impress. I had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairings and everything was excellent. Exactly what I've come to expect from Bartolottas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but excellentAntonEgoDined on 6/3/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary and we could not have selected a better place.Special Features:
- Great mealDonaldDined on 6/2/2014I had dinner at Ristorante Bartolotta with a friend last night. It is always good, but it was especially superb last night. We shared a bunch of items so I got to experience more variety. The steak they cooked right on the hot coals was one of the tastiest I've ever had. Wonderfully smokey. The mussels in a safron cream sauce and the beef carpacio were fantastic. The pasta filled with sausage was also great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A little too much din at dinnerkdladyDined on 5/31/2014My hubby and I wanted to celebrate both our birthdays with a quiet, romantic dinner, but because the small dining area was full and the noise level high, we practically had to yell at our servers and at each other for the first part of our meal. Otherwise, it was a good experience. Our servers were friendly and prompt, although a bit too prompt filling our wine glasses from the carafe since we wanted to save some for dinner. My pasta was delicious, but the mahi mahi in my husband's seafood dish was a bit too "fishy."Our server, Liz, politely asked if he wanted a replacement, but he didn't feel a switch was necessary. Hannah offered two free birthday desserts but charged us for one, quickly adjusting the charge when we pointed it out. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ldfrezDined on 5/31/2014Really enjoyed our dinner! Staff was wonderful. The only down fall was the noise level. They were very busy and every table was being used which contributed to the noise. So we just ate more and spoke less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bartolotta'sbbsclientDined on 5/31/2014We had a great dinner. The staff is always amazing and the food tastes great. If you have not had tradional Italian before, you may want to check out the menu in advance because the dishes are different than your typical Italian place. The only downside was the tables are very close together so you will hear the conversations of fellow diners so there is not much privacy. Over all we loved the experience and the staff treated us great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerShorewood1978Dined on 5/30/2014From the moment we walked into the door we felt welcomed. The service and food were amazing. I asked for a wine suggestion for my meal and the server was knowledgeable and explained the choices in a way that was easily understood. The wine choice was perfect for my meal. Even though the tables are close together we were still able to have a conversation without having to speak loudly.Special Features:
- Good food, loud restaurantmilwdinerDined on 5/30/2014I've been to all the other Bartolotta restaurants, so we came here for our anniversary dinner. Service and food was very good, although the portion on my husband's entree was a quite a bit smaller than expected (compared to mine). The only real complaint is that the tables are very small and you are very close together. Granted, it's a small restaurant, and they've done their best to offset the tables so they are not in line with another. It could be that because we were right in the middle, by the bar, our table was very noisy, making it difficult to have a conversation. In the future, I'd request a table by the wall or window to try and minimize the noise.Special Features:
- Very AccommodatingrtkwolfDined on 5/29/2014The restaurant was very accommodating, I was using crutches and requested a table that would be easy access. The host even placed my crutches out of the way by the hostess stand. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Tender FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great filet and puree'd potatoes! Wish they would have left a small bread basket on table vs the waiter coming by with single pieces of bread every 10 mins. Overall nice dinner experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Place to CelebrateMarquetteDad13Dined on 5/17/2014Over the last two years, my daughter earned her Bachelors and Masters Degrees from Marquette. To celebrate, we went to Ristorante Bartolotta last year. Everyone loved it. My daughter wanted to go back to this year to celebrate receiving her Masters Degree. Great Choice! While the menu had changes, the quality did not. Everything was absolutely delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. A very special place and a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation WeekendReynoldsDined on 5/17/2014Made reservations - glad I did as it was very busy when we arrived. Service was good; food was better. Had heard good things and happy the food lived up to expectations. Great place for graduation-Eve dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.