Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
7616 W. State Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53213Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantebartolotta.com/
- Phone: 4147717910x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Urbieta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room will accommodate 55-60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Hasselbacher 4147717910x
- Entertainment: Chef's Special Menu changes often and always offers the best authentic regional Italian cuisine. Peruse our all-Italian wine list of over 200 labels - you will surely find some new favorites! Half-off wine promotion every Monday and Tuesday night.
- Special Events: Check our website for the latest in Italian Chef dinners or visiting winemakers!
A word from Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
The flagship of the Bartolotta Restaurants, Ristorante Bartolotta opened in Wauwatosa in 1993 and has been a local favorite ever since. Regularly voted the best Italian in Milwaukee, the charming Ristorante Bartolotta features handmade pastas and rustic Northern Italian cooking, with a chef's tasting menu that changes ever so often by the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (78)romantic (76)notable wine list (76)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Italien excellenceEpicureansDined on 9/20/2014Having eaten at almost all the other Bartolottas restaurants, we thought it about time we tried the very first. It was a busy Saturday night for them, but we were offered the choice of 2 tables after ordering drinks at the cozy bar. We loved the lively atmosphere, some might say its noisy. We had a really wonderful dinner, and especially loved the pasta with duck. Our 2 helpful servers were very knowledgable about the food and wine, as well as being very friendly and professional. Tempted by a desert we were also recommended a desert wine to try, it was amazing. Great evening...will be back.Special Features:
- beyond expectations...FoodieFordyDined on 9/19/2014I brought my boyfriend in for his birthday dinner. I really wanted it to be special and it exceeded all expectations. The service was exceptional. The food was extraordinary. And the atmosphere made us feel like we were someplace else. Very romantic. We really appreciated the friendliness, knowledge and helpfulness of the staff—especially with the extensive wine list. Our server, Rebecca, recommended three different wines and our choice turned out to be spot on. I cannot thank you enough for a memorable evening. We've already passed on the recommendation to friends and will surely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was my first time eating here and it was such a great dining experience. We had a reservation and were seated as soon as we arrived and we had two wait staff attending to us the entire night and there were excellent. The drinks were stong and great and the fool was awesome! I had the duck ragu pasta and it may have been the best pasta dish I have ever had in my life. Seeing how great all the food tasted and the amount of food we got per serving, the prices are right in line. I would go back a million times over and I will be back. If not the best Italian meal I have ever had dining out, most definitely it was my top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014It is our favorite restaurant and we always celebrate birthdays and anniversaries there - the best!Special Features:
- Terrible service, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014first walked in and it was 90 degrees in there.....cramped booth sitting right on top of other patrons. Service/team was soooo slow.....took over 10 min. to get a cocktail.....when the bread came it was "handed" out and not even warm or tasty. The appetizer was good, dinner average, dessert a joke. My first and last visit to that location. My fiance' said that was his 3rd and last Bartolotta! I have a $50 certificate left that I will giftSpecial Features:
- DissapointingNickDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I were there for 10 Days in Tosa... which understandably has a cut down menu for $20. However, the penne pasta that I had was average at best. The ravioli that my wife had was "eh". You would think they would put something on that limited menu that made you say, "we should come back". Instead, I think they had a warming area with a bunch of pasta put aside for people who ordered off that menu. The service did not add anything to the experience. If you're not going to provide something worthwhile for the 10 Days in Tosa, then don't participate. I doubt I'd return.
- Great food, tight quartersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the caprese salad, pappardelle duck ragu, and chicken. However, the tables are extremely close together and it was hard to ignore the conversations at neighboring tables, while having our own.Special Features:
- Fall dinnerfoodievDined on 9/7/2014Pre-fix dinner with the tomato theme was fantastic. I've been to Ristorante Bartolatta many times throughout the years and they never disappoint.Special Features:
- Bday dinner...GreeneyesVIPDined on 9/6/2014As it was my first time visiting this restaurant, we were unaware of the "tosa fest" gathering that had blocks of streets closed down. I had to walk over 3 blocks in heels from closest parking spot, no valet. The neighborhood felt very unsafe as we walked through hundreds of teenage kids loitering the streets at 7:45pm. Our dinner was lovely and a great server and bartender. Smaller restaurant than what we were expecting but cozy and warm. The restaurant was nice, but I DO NOT recommend visiting during this or any other festival events, d/t the neighborhood teenagers it attracts. The staff & servers closed the blinds.Was instructed to walk over 4blocks to avoid the situation to return to our vehicle safely. Not an impressive eveningSpecial Features:
- The Bartolotta's know the business!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have visited several different Bartolotta restaurants over the past few years, with Ristorante Bartolotta being one that we reserve for special occasions. We have never been disappointed at any of them! Food is always top rate as expected, but the service is exceptional! Great people work there, they are enthusiastic, obviously know their jobs well, and seem to genuinely enjoy their work.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with two of my children and their spouses. Food was great, presentation could have been better on the pasta dishes especially the duck ragu. Although, the taste was fabulous! We were sitting next to the curtain in the restaurant and the sun was shining right into two of our faces during part of dinner. We asked the wait staff to modify the shades, but they stated there were no shades to adjust on the upper window. Also, the fans were going very fast and we asked if they could turn the one above us off. The wait staff stated they had to shut off the entire restaurant to modify the fan above us.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Always a fabulous meal at Ristorante Bartolotta. Great atmosphere and service.
- DelightedMevaDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband here for a birthday dinner. We both loved the food and my husband was surprised and delighted at the décor and feel of the restaurant. We live in Chicago but would come back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WauwatosaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014During our short stay in Wauwatosa, we dined at this lovely restaurant. We were seated at a round booth for 4, which I loved. Our server was very knowledgeable regarding every aspect of the menu. Our courses were served with ample time in between and were delicious. We will definitely return to dine at Bartolotta. They have several restaurants in the area...in fact we had a delicious quick meal at the airport in Milwaukee!at Nonna's, a sister restaurant.
- Outstanding serviceConsistentDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I visit Ristorante Bartolotta 3 - 4 times a year. It's always wonderful to see consistency in the staff. Carissa was attentive and not too doting...she gave us room to chat, which is why we were there. Zack was phenomenal...though newer, he was gracious, quick to help, careful, comfortable...a delightful young man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but worst service everAndyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not our 1st time at Ristorante for any of us at our table, usual excellent calamari and great main dishes, once they came out. But after describing the menu & specials and once water & wine were poured, both waiters abandoned our table for probably 15-20 minutes while menus sat idle in front of us. It wasn't even that busy this nite. Maître D seemed oblivious. Finally hailed the second/back waiter and asked why no one took our order? He apologized and took it, but never saw our first waiter at our table until after main courses came out. Apparantly other tables and other guests were more demanding or more important? Not the usual excellent service we get at this or any other Bartolotta establishment. Very strange .Special Features:
- Service needs to improveKduval14Dined on 8/8/2014We loved the food and will go back for sure but our server really put a damper on our evening. When we sat down we were told to servers would be helping us but it felt like we spent our evening looking for them to get us another bottle of wine, refill our water, answer menu questions and tell us about desserts. The restaurant is small so it's pretty hard to go missing unless you're hanging out in the kitchen which is what seemed to be happening. The food however was spot on and what will drive us to go back and try a different server :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurehoffmajeDined on 8/2/2014We love Ristorante for the wonderful food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I die for duck pappardelle!BostonwomanDined on 7/31/2014On a recent mid-week night my husband & I had dinner at this high-quality Tosa spot. If you have never been, you must go, if only to try their duck pappardelle. Absolutely melts in your mouth! Definitely in my top 3 dishes ever! Service was a bit too intrusive w 2 servers often interrupting our conversation to ask "is there anything else we can do for you?" Btw the 2 of them this happened about 6 times during the meal. Other food was authentic Italian & very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding dinner all around. Appetizers, main course, dessert, wine - just perfect. Entire staff was wonderful. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionAllisonCDined on 7/28/2014We decided to go to Ristorante Bartolotta for our wedding anniversary as we live only a five minute walk away. It was a fantastic decision as we were treated incredibly well by all the staff especially our servers. The food was probably the best Italian food you can find in Milwaukee and surely the best pasta around! The Calamari and Caesar salad were also delicious. The wine list was extensive and it was half price bottles under $100, a great surprise! Our servers talked about our wine choice all night and were very well informed. They even sent us home with Tiramisu for dessert!Special Features:
- the evening was just ok..jcoolyDined on 7/26/2014seating was very tight at a table for Two. Expected more pasta dishes. Would only return with a larger partySpecial Features:
- Great foodNickelsDined on 7/25/2014We love this cozy place and the food is outstanding - always high quality and a nice presentation. There's plenty of good wine to choose from and the waiters/waitresses are friendly and take good care of you - great service. This time we had the seafood medley (can't pronouce or spell the name of the dish) but it had calamari, octopus, shrimp, salmon and scallops. The scallops were the best I ever tasted. All of it was grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My fiancé and I enjoyed an excellent dinner here. The staff was courteous, friendly, and knowledgable about the menu. We enjoyed every food recommendation from our waitress! It is excellent for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I love the intimateGreatfoodieDined on 7/22/2014setting, great food and service, and the option of large or smaller portions for entrees. Our favorite Bartolotta restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAC6VIPDined on 7/21/2014As always, they did not disappoint! I had a group of 5 and everything was delicious and our server did a wonderful job. I ordered from the seasonal menu and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful as alwaysWFBDinerDined on 7/6/2014Excellent food and great service! Always have a great time when dining here.Special Features:
- MajorfoodieDined on 7/1/2014Always look forward to dining at Ristorante Bartolotta. My favorite is the peppardalle with duck ragu. Yum!Special Features:
- birthday night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We had a great table, but its very crowded there. Also, we had trouble with the menu, but with help from our daughter we finally ordered after about 30 minutes. very slow service, but cordial. I thought that there would have been more offerings with our entre, not everything ala carte.Special Features:
- BethDined on 6/30/2014Our reservation was for 8 pm. We arrived at 8:05 pm to find the restaurant closed as they had no power. I did not receive a phone call in advance, but I get it - no power. What surprised me was that there was no follow-up from the restaurant the next day. Wouldn't you think that they would call to reschedule my reservation? I'm not even asking for anything in return - just a courtesy call. Nothing from them. Anyway, I called to reschedule the reservation as I have wanted to eat here. The duck ragu has apparently been on the menu for 20+ years, but it's nothing special. Seafood was overcooked, but they comped me, to their credit. Artichoke mousse was good. It's very loud there - hard to hear. I was underwhelmed for all the hype.
- DelightfulLivetoeat2VIPDined on 6/28/2014What a nice surprise! The food was wonderful-pasta that melted in your mouth and amply proportioned entrees. The kitchen was incredibly accommodating and was able to meet the needs of a gluten free meal too. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointsvalkrie778Dined on 6/22/2014Ristorante Bartolotta will always be one of our favorites. The food is fantastic, the service is excellent - it's a wonderful place to enjoy a meal!Special Features:
- always great foodDorkyDined on 6/21/2014we had not been here in awhile as whenever we think of it too late to get reservation at preferred time; food was really good and service great; my only complaint would be how close we sat to other diners especially at a table for 2, right on top of each other so hard to have a private conversation; would like to try the course dinner sometime alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good/badpoWegsDined on 6/18/20142 of our 5 dinners were Bartolotta Quality ! The lobster, tomato white wine sauce entree was not! The lobster was not fresh. It was , therefore, ,unsatisfactory! We have been frequenting this Bartolotta restaurant ever since it first opened and this was the first time we were somewhat disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014As with all the Bartolotta restaurants, the meal and service were outstanding. Friendly and attentive waitstaff. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20thAnniversarydateDined on 6/16/2014Fantastic restaurant. The food was delicious and the generosity of the staff was top-notch. Thank you Bartolotta's for a wonderful anniversary dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good and serviceAnonymousDined on 6/14/2014Really impressed with the food, service and ambience. Great place for a date as well as to hang out.Special Features:
- DissappointedSeafoodieDined on 6/14/2014I have been to this restaraunt 5 times previously and have always enjoyed the meal and service. This time we were dissappointed. I am not sure if they have added eaxtra tables along the exterior wall or what but we felt very crammped, and were way to close to the couples on either side of us. This was distracting. We felt the service was rushed and this combined with the tight space made for an unpleasant dining experience. My meal was just OK which is a great change from the food normally had at this establishment. I ordered the Grigliata Mista di Mare, where the fish of the day was monk fish. My entree arrived with 1 piece of monkfish about the size of triscuit cracker.Special Features:
- A ClassicitsmevkbDined on 6/7/2014Ristorante Bartolotta never fails to impress. I had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairings and everything was excellent. Exactly what I've come to expect from Bartolottas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but excellentAntonEgoDined on 6/3/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary and we could not have selected a better place.Special Features: