Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
7616 W. State Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53213Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantebartolotta.com/
- Phone: 4147717910x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Urbieta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining room will accommodate 55-60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Hasselbacher 4147717910x
- Entertainment: Chef's Special Menu changes often and always offers the best authentic regional Italian cuisine. Peruse our all-Italian wine list of over 200 labels - you will surely find some new favorites! Half-off wine promotion every Monday and Tuesday night.
- Special Events: Check our website for the latest in Italian Chef dinners or visiting winemakers!
A word from Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa
The flagship of the Bartolotta Restaurants, Ristorante Bartolotta opened in Wauwatosa in 1993 and has been a local favorite ever since. Regularly voted the best Italian in Milwaukee, the charming Ristorante Bartolotta features handmade pastas and rustic Northern Italian cooking, with a chef's tasting menu that changes ever so often by the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Ristorante Bartolotta - Wauwatosa reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (81)romantic (78)good for groups (17)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Dining You Can Count OnOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived early and our booth was still occupied. Our host Nathan found seats at the bar for us. We were given the choice to be seated at a table or wait for the booth, so we waited. One person in out party enjoyed the 3-4 course prefix dinner and the wine flight. Two others had the salmon entree which was very good. Service was timely, never rushed. Our food was delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Cozy Italian SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our night out here. Food is delicious, we especially enjoyed the cured meat plate and the duck ragu, of course. I also had the grilled seafood plate, although the fish portion and octopus were a bit gamy to say the least. They should just stick with shrimp and scallops then. A bit overpriced, especially the wines, for the quality and casual ambiance.Special Features:
- Amazing!AnnieVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had heard about Bartolotta's for years, and had tried others that he owns. Finally, we got around to trying Ristorante. WOW - talk about Amazing food! We should have eaten here years ago. Intriguing cocktails, fantastic wine list, amazing food. We had a pasta "appetizer" and roasted tomatoes and mozzarella - both out of this world. My husband had pork and I had seafood mixed grill. We topped it off with a desert wine. Service was prompt and attentive. Alix was completely on her game. We will be back!Special Features:
- Long WaitLisbonboundDined on 10/11/2014The evening began with my wife and I having to stand in line 20 minutes past our reservation time. Apologies were plentiful and the restaurant did buy us a cocktail when we were finally seated. It was just disappointing that the bar was so small you could not even "belly up" for a cocktail while waiting. The only option was just standing in the doorway and having people shuffle back and forth past you. I was disappointed with the menu selections not offering more "Italian themed" selections. The duck ordered with the chef's choice was recommended to be ordered medium rare to prevent it from being tough. It arrived very rare and still quite "chewy". I would choose another venue before returning to this location.
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversary2Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. To start off we made reservations for 8 pm... We weren't sat at our table until 840. When I made the dinner reservation in the comments I put that it was our wedding anniversary. When we have dined in the past at a restaurante or lake park we have received a card and a dessert to celebrate. The waitress had to ask what we were celebrating and when we said we weren't staying for dessert they boxed up a tiramisu and said we could eat it at home when we probably would have eaten it at the resaturant. We felt rushed, the food came quickly and our dessert was put into a to go box before we had the chance to enjoy it.
- TosaResidentDined on 10/11/2014food was very disappointing. This is something we didn't expect, in light of the cost ($250 for our party of 4) and reputation of the Bartollota's restaurants (we have had great food at Bacchus and Harbor House)Special Features:
- AmazingJennymattkDined on 10/11/2014Ristorante is a cozy little adorable place. The staff is always outstanding. The food is top notch. The wine is wonderful, and the desserts are delicious. If you are looking for something different, try the Italian cheeses plate for dessert. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made in Italy in WawatosaksnyDined on 10/7/2014What can I say?!! Bravi!! We Been there few times already with all my family from Italy, my wife , new born and her mom and every time we go is better than the past!Every time we come in WI from NY is a must!!! I work in a Italian restaurant business for the past 15yrs and this restaurant definitely take me back to my old country with those pappardelle with lamb ragu'. I also was lucky to be there on Tuesday and they have a 50% deal on wine under 100$ even on Monday!!! The manager/sommelier is a really knowledge guy who can drive you in this big Italian wine list easily and all the stuff is on top of service with smile and professionalism. Not much to add except, if you are in Milwuakee just go there and Buon Appetito! Alessandro and KellySpecial Features:
- TimandcariTimandcariDined on 10/6/2014Service was vey good - servers were attentive & knowledgeable of menu. Food was very good & attractively presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it's cracked up to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Small restaurant with tables set too close together. Our table had people walking behind it many times with waitress saying "It's tight here" as she led people to their tables. People next to us were listening to our conversation - not exactly what I wanted for a romantic 35 year reunion. Waiter and waitress were very attentive, too bad food had something to be desired. The bread had a very tough crust - value for dollar poor, $10 for a salad that consisted of one small sliced tomato witha few small slices of onion and tiny cheese balls swimming in balmsmatic vinegar and main course had about 1 cup of pasta with a little ham and mushrooms for $16 way too expensive. Noise level in the restaurant was way to loud.
- Saturday Night DinnertryingrestaurantsDined on 10/4/2014The wait staff seems very knowledgeable about Italian cuisine and the extensive wine list. The food was fantastic The noise level in the restaurant was high difficult to converse. I am not a loud talker the waiter thought I ordered items I did not. My husband was charged for a dessert that should have been included in the price of the 4 course meal. Pros and cons probably won't return.Special Features:
- AtmosphereExplorerDined on 10/4/2014I love the European feel of this restaurant......very intimate and the food and service are wonderful.Special Features:
- too bad it's changedStephenVIPDined on 10/3/2014Server training poor. When serving, one reached across the full length of the table. His arm inches from one guest as he reached without even "excuse me". Venison Osso Bucco, a specialty was dried out, portion meager, and the polenta was gummy. One party had mediocre salmon and the 4th had roasted chicken. When she asked for all white meat, the server told her "No". When she asked for extra vegetables, he said "No". When asked if there were nuts used in the bread owing to the fact she has a severe allergy, the server looked dumbfounded and left to consult the kitchen. His response on returning "Chef think's it's nut free, but we don't know for certain". Food sensitivities are beyond this restaurant's consideration, bring your epi-pen.
- DisappointedJanabeDined on 10/2/2014It is very loud in there. We had to lean over the table to talk among the 4 of us. My salad was soaked with dressing and lettuce leaves were limp. One in our party ordered a dry brandy manhattan and received an old fashioned sweet. Had to send it back. Our entrees were not great. The dessert was good. Not going back.
- Love alwaysGoodeaterVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent as usual. Excellent cocktails and great food. Had the chicken this time. Just perfect. Josh and Todd are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful food, perfect and friendly service, great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!JerLikesFoodDined on 9/26/2014This particular Bartolotta's restaurant is our favorite of all. And they are all excellent in their own right! But Ristorante Bartolotta is just a gem. The ambiance reminds us of the little restaurants in Italy that we enjoyed so much. The food has ALWAYS been excellent, no matter what we order. And the staff is always friendly and efficient. We've been dining at this spot for years and have taken clients, family and friends there and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a TreatILoveBartsDined on 9/25/2014I rarely have a meal at Ristorante Bartolotta that is other than above average, exceptional, outstanding. This past evening was no different and met expectations. I was not very hungry so I chose the 'special' pasta which was a risottato (sp?) with speck ham, mushrooms and pungent cheese. Because I do not like mushrooms, the chef graciously changed the mushrooms to spinach. The blend of ham, cheese and green spinach awakened every taste bud in my mouth. Coupled with my fragrant and fruity red wine (Foradori dolomiti), the blend of flavors captured my attention through each bite. Looking forward to my next evening at 'Bart's' in a few weeks.Special Features:
- Bartolotta's Tosa was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014One of my favorites but this time I took a friend and business associate there who travels a lot and it used to excellent food and service. He was exceptionally impressed with Bartolotta's! We had the Chef's flight which was outstanding and Jeff (our waiter) was very knowledgeable and just a "polished" waiter. Will be back soon, for sure. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italien excellenceEpicureansDined on 9/20/2014Having eaten at almost all the other Bartolottas restaurants, we thought it about time we tried the very first. It was a busy Saturday night for them, but we were offered the choice of 2 tables after ordering drinks at the cozy bar. We loved the lively atmosphere, some might say its noisy. We had a really wonderful dinner, and especially loved the pasta with duck. Our 2 helpful servers were very knowledgable about the food and wine, as well as being very friendly and professional. Tempted by a desert we were also recommended a desert wine to try, it was amazing. Great evening...will be back.Special Features:
- beyond expectations...FoodieFordyDined on 9/19/2014I brought my boyfriend in for his birthday dinner. I really wanted it to be special and it exceeded all expectations. The service was exceptional. The food was extraordinary. And the atmosphere made us feel like we were someplace else. Very romantic. We really appreciated the friendliness, knowledge and helpfulness of the staff—especially with the extensive wine list. Our server, Rebecca, recommended three different wines and our choice turned out to be spot on. I cannot thank you enough for a memorable evening. We've already passed on the recommendation to friends and will surely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!GARMDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time eating here and it was such a great dining experience. We had a reservation and were seated as soon as we arrived and we had two wait staff attending to us the entire night and there were excellent. The drinks were stong and great and the fool was awesome! I had the duck ragu pasta and it may have been the best pasta dish I have ever had in my life. Seeing how great all the food tasted and the amount of food we got per serving, the prices are right in line. I would go back a million times over and I will be back. If not the best Italian meal I have ever had dining out, most definitely it was my top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014It is our favorite restaurant and we always celebrate birthdays and anniversaries there - the best!Special Features:
- Terrible service, average foodpurplehotgirlDined on 9/17/2014first walked in and it was 90 degrees in there.....cramped booth sitting right on top of other patrons. Service/team was soooo slow.....took over 10 min. to get a cocktail.....when the bread came it was "handed" out and not even warm or tasty. The appetizer was good, dinner average, dessert a joke. My first and last visit to that location. My fiance' said that was his 3rd and last Bartolotta! I have a $50 certificate left that I will giftSpecial Features:
- DissapointingNickDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I were there for 10 Days in Tosa... which understandably has a cut down menu for $20. However, the penne pasta that I had was average at best. The ravioli that my wife had was "eh". You would think they would put something on that limited menu that made you say, "we should come back". Instead, I think they had a warming area with a bunch of pasta put aside for people who ordered off that menu. The service did not add anything to the experience. If you're not going to provide something worthwhile for the 10 Days in Tosa, then don't participate. I doubt I'd return.
- Great food, tight quartersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the caprese salad, pappardelle duck ragu, and chicken. However, the tables are extremely close together and it was hard to ignore the conversations at neighboring tables, while having our own.Special Features:
- Fall dinnerfoodievDined on 9/7/2014Pre-fix dinner with the tomato theme was fantastic. I've been to Ristorante Bartolatta many times throughout the years and they never disappoint.Special Features:
- Bday dinner...GreeneyesVIPDined on 9/6/2014As it was my first time visiting this restaurant, we were unaware of the "tosa fest" gathering that had blocks of streets closed down. I had to walk over 3 blocks in heels from closest parking spot, no valet. The neighborhood felt very unsafe as we walked through hundreds of teenage kids loitering the streets at 7:45pm. Our dinner was lovely and a great server and bartender. Smaller restaurant than what we were expecting but cozy and warm. The restaurant was nice, but I DO NOT recommend visiting during this or any other festival events, d/t the neighborhood teenagers it attracts. The staff & servers closed the blinds.Was instructed to walk over 4blocks to avoid the situation to return to our vehicle safely. Not an impressive eveningSpecial Features:
- The Bartolotta's know the business!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have visited several different Bartolotta restaurants over the past few years, with Ristorante Bartolotta being one that we reserve for special occasions. We have never been disappointed at any of them! Food is always top rate as expected, but the service is exceptional! Great people work there, they are enthusiastic, obviously know their jobs well, and seem to genuinely enjoy their work.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with two of my children and their spouses. Food was great, presentation could have been better on the pasta dishes especially the duck ragu. Although, the taste was fabulous! We were sitting next to the curtain in the restaurant and the sun was shining right into two of our faces during part of dinner. We asked the wait staff to modify the shades, but they stated there were no shades to adjust on the upper window. Also, the fans were going very fast and we asked if they could turn the one above us off. The wait staff stated they had to shut off the entire restaurant to modify the fan above us.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Always a fabulous meal at Ristorante Bartolotta. Great atmosphere and service.
- DelightedMevaDined on 8/16/2014I took my husband here for a birthday dinner. We both loved the food and my husband was surprised and delighted at the décor and feel of the restaurant. We live in Chicago but would come back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WauwatosaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014During our short stay in Wauwatosa, we dined at this lovely restaurant. We were seated at a round booth for 4, which I loved. Our server was very knowledgeable regarding every aspect of the menu. Our courses were served with ample time in between and were delicious. We will definitely return to dine at Bartolotta. They have several restaurants in the area...in fact we had a delicious quick meal at the airport in Milwaukee!at Nonna's, a sister restaurant.
- Outstanding serviceConsistentDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I visit Ristorante Bartolotta 3 - 4 times a year. It's always wonderful to see consistency in the staff. Carissa was attentive and not too doting...she gave us room to chat, which is why we were there. Zack was phenomenal...though newer, he was gracious, quick to help, careful, comfortable...a delightful young man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but worst service everAndyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not our 1st time at Ristorante for any of us at our table, usual excellent calamari and great main dishes, once they came out. But after describing the menu & specials and once water & wine were poured, both waiters abandoned our table for probably 15-20 minutes while menus sat idle in front of us. It wasn't even that busy this nite. Maître D seemed oblivious. Finally hailed the second/back waiter and asked why no one took our order? He apologized and took it, but never saw our first waiter at our table until after main courses came out. Apparantly other tables and other guests were more demanding or more important? Not the usual excellent service we get at this or any other Bartolotta establishment. Very strange .Special Features:
- Service needs to improveKduval14Dined on 8/8/2014We loved the food and will go back for sure but our server really put a damper on our evening. When we sat down we were told to servers would be helping us but it felt like we spent our evening looking for them to get us another bottle of wine, refill our water, answer menu questions and tell us about desserts. The restaurant is small so it's pretty hard to go missing unless you're hanging out in the kitchen which is what seemed to be happening. The food however was spot on and what will drive us to go back and try a different server :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurehoffmajeDined on 8/2/2014We love Ristorante for the wonderful food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I die for duck pappardelle!BostonwomanDined on 7/31/2014On a recent mid-week night my husband & I had dinner at this high-quality Tosa spot. If you have never been, you must go, if only to try their duck pappardelle. Absolutely melts in your mouth! Definitely in my top 3 dishes ever! Service was a bit too intrusive w 2 servers often interrupting our conversation to ask "is there anything else we can do for you?" Btw the 2 of them this happened about 6 times during the meal. Other food was authentic Italian & very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding dinner all around. Appetizers, main course, dessert, wine - just perfect. Entire staff was wonderful. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionAllisonCDined on 7/28/2014We decided to go to Ristorante Bartolotta for our wedding anniversary as we live only a five minute walk away. It was a fantastic decision as we were treated incredibly well by all the staff especially our servers. The food was probably the best Italian food you can find in Milwaukee and surely the best pasta around! The Calamari and Caesar salad were also delicious. The wine list was extensive and it was half price bottles under $100, a great surprise! Our servers talked about our wine choice all night and were very well informed. They even sent us home with Tiramisu for dessert!Special Features: