1026 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/
- Phone: 7072548006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cesar Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience "Exceptional" Catering. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or an event, Ristorante Allegria can cater to your next special event. We will travel to the site of your choice for occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and/or Graduations. We offer delicious cuisine, an elegant presentation, reliable and impeccable service and we can even manage all deliveries, set up and clean-up issues. Call Rodi for details at 707.254.8006
- Private Party Facilities: The "Original" VAULT Room (up to 10 people); The Chardonnay Room (up to 26 people); The Bella Room (up to 60 people)
- Private Party Contact: Baris Yildiz 7072548006x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music Monday and Wednesday Nights with Lou Zanardi on the Accordion.
A word from Ristorante Allegria
Ristorante Allegria features Italian influenced with California Cuisine. In downtown Napa, Ristorante Allegria is located in a historic landmark bank building featuring 35 foot ceilings, a breathtaking ambiance, delicious food, superb service and relaxing Italian music. On the menu, there is chicken, home made pastas, lamb and – the signature Marinated Teriyaki Skirt Steak is not to be missed! Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and Napa Valley selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Ristorante Allegria is the perfect place for your next dining experience in the Napa ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (47)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (38)good for groups (34)great for lunch (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Decent, but I was expecting more...Ash2Dined on 8/30/2014This was my birthday dinner and first restaraunt in Downtown Napa. The menu was great with plenty of choices and two chef specials. The food came out too fast and it was average. I was expecting a lot more from this restaraunt and didn't like the rushed feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysJimmymacVIPDined on 8/30/2014At the risk of repeating myself, The food and service are excellent. Our favorite Napa Valley restaurant as they never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great valueNapaTownie1Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to this excellent restaurant many times. Just hope the earthquake didn't do significant damage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMuriel1912Dined on 8/21/2014Service was excellent! Our waiter could not have been more helpful or professional. The food and wine was quite good. Only downside was that it was really noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dinner Was Had By All!waugDined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food and great ambience inside an old classic bank building with very high ceilings and private dining inside the vault. The place was packed but not too noisy. A great choice for outstanding Italian food in downtown Napa.Special Features:
- Best in Napa Valley!JimmymacVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite restaurant! The food is always outstanding and the service is geat. This is our favorite destination as we have never been disappointed here. We shared a grilled chicken dsalad with an order of crabcakes and an order of skirt steak satay. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Incidentally, the chicken salad was very generous considering we shared the dish. The patio is so nice for lunch! If you choose to have dinner here, do try the papardella, but whatever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaitiDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 4 and sat outside and had a magnificent dinner! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone that comes to Napa!!!!Special Features:
- yumyumyumyumyumyumDined on 8/14/2014excellent food, wine list and service. we actually ended up eating at the bar w Eddie and he was amazing.. great service and very easy going vibe.. will go back for sure !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Dinner a AllegriaMediocreDined on 8/14/2014We had an early dinner at Allegria in Napa CA on Thursday, August 14. The service was good but the food was not as good as we had hoped. One of us had chicken and the other the spaghetti with meat sauce. The chicken was overly greasy and the spaghetti was not so good sauce on ground hamburger and pasta. The hamburger was very plain and for an alleged "Italian Restaurant", it was more like an American restaurant with plain food than what you would expect from a fine Italian Restaurant.
- An off night?CharVIPDined on 8/13/2014We've always loved Allegria, but this night I was disappointed. I ordered the swordfish, which the waitress said they cooked "medium." I said great. When it came, however, it was way overcooked - dry. I probably should have sent it back but hate making a fuss. I did tell the waitress. One friend, who is a vegetarian, asked for pasta with a tomato based sauce. It was not up to the usual standard either. It overwhelmed the pasta.Special Features:
- Better than expected!!MikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014First time here and not the last. Food was outstanding. Portions were generous but not over the top. Wine prices are great. Loved it so much I booked a group of 40 for November 2014!! Very accommodating. Owner stopped over to check on everything a few times. Nice and lively!! Great upstairs dining area for large parties. Well Done!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed Dining Not a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was good at Allegria but the pace of the meal was ridiculously fast. The calamari appetizer was out before we had a chance to enjoy the wine and the main course was served with the unfinished appetizer still on the table. We had to tell the server when we completed the meal to give us some time to finish our wine before even thinking about dessert. Nonetheless, the menus were presented as if the place was on fire. Not a very relaxing meal!
- Excellent!!!have2tryDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were wonderful. Staff was very friendly. The teriyaki flank steak was delicious. Most definitely would come back again.Special Features:
- Always AmazingRobynDined on 7/30/2014The food is the best in Napa. Don't miss the Napa Cabbage Salad with Grilled Prawns, Prawns Papparadelle, and the best Bread Pudding Ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousWineNDinerDined on 7/27/2014We dine at Allegria as often as we can. We enjoy the white table cloths, linen napkins, impeccable service and beautiful surroundings. Our waiter has always been friendly, attentive and helpful. You begin your experience with thick crusted sliced sourdough coupled with Allegria's own dipping sauce. The lunch box and daily specials are superb. The lunch box specials include salad or soup as well as home made sorbet for dessert. Tough to beat for a mere $15. The marinated skirt steak is the best I have ever had. The skirt steak is presented with garlic mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and lightly pan fried onion rings. I have sent quite a few friends and business contacts to Allegria and the reviews are always "We loved it!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upintheair2muchupintheair2muchDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is actually delightful, outdoors dining area had a nice ambiance. The waitress said she would bring us "just a taste" of their special soup, then forgot, then when she delivered the meal said once again she would bring it then after the meal apologized for not bringing it. The tagatelli was under cooked and some of the needles were stuck together and dey. Not a great experience.
- gabijenDined on 7/26/2014BEST EVER!! CALAMARI WITH VEGGIES AND CABBAGE SALAD OUT STANDING. WE HAD PASTAS AND THEY WERE DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- Early DinnerEllenDined on 7/26/2014My three adult children and I had a very nice early dinner after a day in Napa Valley. Our waitress was outstanding - vibrant, funny and always there when we needed her. We arrived at the bar prior to 4:30 p.m. and had appetizers at the bar, not realizing that the bar tender would provide a very nice free appetizer, but that was ok - we ate it all! We sat down to eat at 4:30 and had a wonderful dinner. Since it was so early, it was hard to tell what the restaurant would be like in the evening, but I suspect that it could be a very romantic setting. It is fairly small, housed in an old bank, which was quite interesting to my bank employee daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceBillVIPDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant is in a old bank building. It was an enjoyable and unique experience. The food was very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNboroGirlDined on 7/25/2014Four of us dined here Friday night. Reservations are a must and we were glad we had them. The food was good - especially the bread's dipping sauce. The sampler app was delicious - most notable was the skirt steak skewers, which were flavorful and tender. Service was decent - nothing to complain about. The chocolate gelato wasn't as good as we had in Italy. The restaurant is in a building that used to be a bank, complete with vault. The decor was interesting (overhead lights looked like large, bloodshot eyes), and the ambiance was lively.Special Features:
- July 24, 2014Psgrant618Dined on 7/24/2014Hello....I do love your food, however Kenneth was off that night....we received our salads right away....mine had very little blue cheese and little dressing, and should have asked for more, so my fault....but it took 40 minutes to receive the entrees, which were just "appetizers" ....had to constantly ask for more water...quite warm in the restaurant, however it was warm outside. There were two groups that came in after us, and received their entrée. Kenneth said it was because of the salads, but we didn't see him for at least 20 minutes....the skirt steak was awesome, and was my friends fried calamari.
- AMAZING!!GreatVIPDined on 7/23/2014All you need to know is... Penne Con Pollo! The best that I have ever had!Special Features:
- Just another Italian restaurantMilomiaVIPDined on 7/22/2014The room is fabulous. The vibe and energy is great. The hostess and wait staff are welcoming. My dish: nothing memorable could have been in any restaurant.
- Nice decor and service, food was ehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I took my very dear friend for dinner here for her Bachelorette dinner while enjoying a weekend away in Napa. We were disappointed by our meals, they were not that flavorful. I had the mushroom ravioli's and she had the stuffed chicken. Some of the ravioli's were undercooked and I didn't get a lot of mushroom flavor which I prefer. My friend said her chicken was so so and the mashed potatoes weren't up to her standards. I will say the service was good, except they forgot to bring our bread, but the water was replenished in a timely manner. I did like the décor and energy in the restaurant and you can have a conversation easily. I would chose another restaurant next time I go to Napa.
- My second visitLindag10Dined on 7/20/2014I was booked for a concert in Napa - this was our before concert restaurant. The first experience was great. Service when you get there is slow - but great after that. Food is excellent. This time we tried dessert. Wonderful - we had the sundae - no cheap ice cream there :-). When in Napa this is my favorite place. Be sure to book a reservation - many customers in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Before ShowVisitorDined on 7/20/2014We decided to have an Italian dinner before attending a concert nearby. The restaurant was crowded and busy even with our early reservation. We got a nice table, shared the sampler appetizer and baby arugula salad (both delicious), drank excellent wines by the glass, and enjoyed wonderful pasta entrees - the saffron paparadella (flat noodles, prawns, etc.) was just wonderful; and the mushroom ravioli sounds pedestrian, but was just about perfect. We were in and out in about 90 minutes. Great, attentive service, reasonable price, and right downtown Napa. This won't be the most elegant restaurant you've ever tried, but it will be fun with good food and good service. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handled group of seven well.BzentyDined on 7/19/2014Attentive service, seated our group in a private upstairs area (with a private bathroom adjacent), waiter had great menu recommendations, nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our most used spot to eatLUV2LUNCHDined on 7/13/2014I have had a fairly large group retirement dinner/birthday dinner and we go to Allegria for lunch often, we are always pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobynDined on 7/12/2014Dinner was amazing, service was great. Allegria has it all, full bar and a great menu. My husband and I shared the Calamari, Napa Cabbage Salad, and Prawns with Saffron Paparadelle. Everything, was amazing, and to top it off, we had the bread pudding. The bread pudding, is the best dessert ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian RestaurantCajunfanDined on 7/11/2014The pasta dishes are excellent. The bread pudding is a must. Great service. A romantic spot to enjoy an evening with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return to greatness againgadabout47VIPDined on 7/11/2014Dinner on Friday was again exceptional. In a very crowded dining area, Max was spot on with his service. Despite a rush for dinner, the kitchen was quick and accurate with great attention to detail. A plus to eveyone.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner...AnniversaryDined on 7/10/2014Lovely, downtown restaurant for indoor or patio dining. Excellent service, warm yet professional service. We enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner here, and they provided lovely Prosecco for after our meal with dessert...very sweet! Will be back again.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Moderately Priced FoodworldofwinesDined on 7/7/2014Although I was not blown away by Allegria, it was quite good. I would recommend trying the grilled portobello with polenta starter and the skirt steak. It is located in a lovely old bank right in the heart of Napa. You may bring your own wine and there is no corkage fee on Monday nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a jacket!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014While the basic areas of food, service, etc. were good, we were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant which had a strong draft of cold air bearing down on us. Not only were WE cold, but the food was cold as well. It was really difficult to enjoy. We told the first waiter early on, but nothing seemed to change. When we told another member of the wait staff, he confirmed that that particular table has a problem with the cold draft. Of course this did little to ease our situation. My husband and I poured through many sites and chose your restaurant based on reviews and hear say. Unfortunately, it did not measure up. The food was pretty good--my veal very good, but my husband's chicken just fair. I don't think we'd revisit.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedSouthernMissDined on 7/7/2014We were all disappointed with our meals. My husband's veal piccata had less than 5 capers and little or no sauce, the mashed potatoes were watery. The capellini pomodoro was dry and tasteless. We have been going to Allegria for years but feel that their quality has really slipped, at least for this last visit.Special Features:
- First time, but will return.love2dineoutDined on 7/7/2014My friend and I dined here for lunch a couple of days ago. We both thought the menu selection was very good, especially the "Box Lunch" selections, which include in addition to the entre', a choice of several salads or soup and the dessert. The price was very reasonable. My only complaints would be that our waitress had a bit of an arrogant attitude. The restaurant is upscale, but certainly not "elite" status. The other complaint is that (and this is certainly not the fault of the restaurant), there is a lot of downtown restoration and renovation going on. Lots of stores are closed and a LOT of construction, both at the shopping plaza and where they are putting in a new hotel, which will be ongoing for at least a couple more years.Special Features:
- Special OccasionSalsera12Dined on 7/6/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday because I had read excellent reviews regarding the food. I have to say the food lived up to expectations and I was quite happy to have dined there for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family gatheringhappydinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a very good family lunch. The restaurant is very romantic and also kids friendly. All the dishes we ordered are great. The cook did great job to accommodate the special needs for our family and made everything very delicious. Our waitress was very friendly and provided us great services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great winevaibhavDined on 7/5/2014Allegria is not a small, cozy place you might have in ind for a holiday in Napa. It is in a huge building which was previously a bank, so you get that feeling when you enter. But the ambiance and lighting is impressive. Service was good and we felt that we were always attended to. They had a huge wine list and the food was great as well. All in all, I would recommend Allegria to anyone visiting Napa, just be sure it's not a small, quaint place you might expect.Special Features:
- Dinner at AllegriaLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great service and ambiance. Food is good. Overall a very nice choice in Napa at reasonable prices. Well worth a visitSpecial Features: