1026 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/
- Phone: (707) 254-8006
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cesar Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience "Exceptional" Catering. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or an event, Ristorante Allegria can cater to your next special event. We will travel to the site of your choice for occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and/or Graduations. We offer delicious cuisine, an elegant presentation, reliable and impeccable service and we can even manage all deliveries, set up and clean-up issues. Call Rodi for details at 707.254.8006
- Private Party Facilities: The "Original" VAULT Room (up to 10 people); The Chardonnay Room (up to 26 people); The Bella Room (up to 60 people)
- Private Party Contact: Baris Yildiz 7072548006x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music Monday and Wednesday Nights with Lou Zanardi on the Accordion.
A word from Ristorante Allegria
Ristorante Allegria features Italian influenced with California Cuisine. In downtown Napa, Ristorante Allegria is located in a historic landmark bank building featuring 35 foot ceilings, a breathtaking ambiance, delicious food, superb service and relaxing Italian music. On the menu, there is chicken, home made pastas, lamb and – the signature Marinated Teriyaki Skirt Steak is not to be missed! Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and Napa Valley selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Ristorante Allegria is the perfect place for your next dining experience in the Napa ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Allegria - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Ristorante Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (64)romantic (63)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (57)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (32)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (24)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OutstandinggabijenDined on 11/23/2014We loved it. Our server was Trever. Very helpful. From the calamari, Napa cabbage salads and pastas everything was delicious. You are our favorite. Thank you . We had a delightful time. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spot.TravelingFoodiesDined on 11/18/2014We were in Napa for a food & wine festival and wanted to start our trip with a nice quiet dinner. The staff at Ristorante Allegria was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable; our water and wine glasses never went dry. The wine list was acceptable and the food was delicious, properly prepared and presented. We'll definitely be back the next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JZ01Dined on 11/17/2014Great food. Great service. Wife's birthday and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty MealAnonymousVIPDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed our meal here. Husband and I both had salads that were very fresh. I had a shrimp saffron pasta dish that was really tasty but I saved some room for the best bread pudding I've ever had. Highly recommend it. Also great, friendly service and the ambiance of an old bank converted into a restaurant was really fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant !!!4CANDYDined on 11/15/2014We had very good food. The restaurant has high ceilings so it is very noisy. You had to speak very loudly to be heard. The wait staff is helpful and energenic. It was a very nice evening except for the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening started at Ristorante AllegriaChummersDined on 11/15/2014We walked in Saturday night and were greeted at the front desk. With our reservation, we were immediately escorted through the main floor and upstairs. We were shown a couple of different tables in different rooms up there and chose to take one in a smaller room with about 6 tables that only had one other table occupied when we arrived (It did fill up fairly quickly after that). It was a little more quiet and easier to talk. Waiter was very nice, easy to talk with, and explained specials. They brought french bread and a very addicting container of oil and herbs to dip the bread in. Was different and really good. Nice touch. Ordered our meals and a bottle of wine. Only complaint, and this is minor, and perhaps better than the other way around - the meals were at our table in a heartbeat! We had barely opened the bottle of wine and toasted when the food came. I will know for next time to perhaps wait a few more minutes to order or ask to wait a little bit to turn it in. That is the only negative, and it is minor indeed. We ordered Salmon and the fish special. The food was very tasty. It was hot, and not overflowing on the plate. Was plenty to eat, and nice to not be stuffed when finished. Salmon was melt in your mouth good. The other fish dish was also really good and cooked perfectly. Garlic mashed potatoes were good, although not too much garlic, which was probably good for the people sitting around us at the show we went to later in the evening. Veggies were good, not overcooked too. Although dinner came quickly - a good thing if you are in a hurry which we weren't, we were never rushed. We chose to not have dessert, so we sat for about 25 minutes after we finished eating and enjoyed the rest of the bottle of wine. All in all, a really nice start to our evening in Napa. I would recommend Ristorante Allegria for a very nice meal out for a couple, or a small group of family or friends. Good food, good service, and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodbaahollyDined on 11/13/2014I have dined here many times, and made reservations for dinner during the Napa Valley Film Festival. I have never been disappointed here. Service is good, and ambiance is lovely. I cannot single out a particular dish, because everything is delicious. Will definitely dine here again. And again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExellentGreatItalianDined on 11/10/2014We came to Ristorante Alegria for our anniversary and would recommend this place to anyone. Food and service was excellent. The only drawback was the lack of available parking. Seems like everyone drove and parked in downtown Napa that evening, and this was at 5:30 pm. We drove around for a bit searching for parking and finally found a spot in the 2nd street garage.Special Features:
- romantic dinnerkatiamendez123Dined on 11/8/2014I love this restaurant, the ambiance was so incredible and romantic, the food is excellent.Special Features:
- bmg1Dined on 11/6/2014Outstanding ambiance, service and food. Rodi and staff are all exceptional. Would definitely visit again next time we are in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatNapadinerVIPDined on 11/5/2014We have never had a subpar meal here. They also have gluten free pasta that isn't on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findArshDined on 11/4/2014Short visit to Napa. Chose Allegria from Trip Advisor reviews. Food was very good, veal piccata and a shrimp pasta special. Both were excellent. Cocktails good and a nice selection of wine by the glass. Chocolate mousse cake for dessert, light and rich. Service was fast but not rushed. Only drawback was that the tables were a little close together if you sat out in the middle of the floor.Special Features:
- nice findBernieDined on 11/3/2014Nice place, good food. I asked to change the pasta type, which they accommodated & made sure the rest of the ingredients was correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMrMrsWonderfulDined on 11/3/2014Ristorante Allegria was recommended to me by a client who lives in Napa. She said it was fantastic and it was! The decor and ambiance is wonderful and the pasta dishes and wine we had were great. She said that my wife and I had to save room for the Bread Pudding with the Vanilla Gelato, which we didn't save room for it but had it anyways and it was phenomenal!!! I've already recommended it to others. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Napa. Thanks "S" for the recommendation.Special Features:
- Dining experience reviewlovefreshfoodDined on 10/31/2014I don't like writing negative reports. But then how can you improve your business without honest reviews? Very little effort was made to be welcoming in contrast with the many places we visited in Napa. Our waitress was very nice and helpful. Our pasta bolonese Wes very disappointing. We were expecting a lot of flavor in the sauce but found it to be pretty tasteless. We actually had to put pepper and salt on it! I guess we were expecting garlic, onion, basil etc to be tickling our tastebuds but it tasted more like unseasoned ground beef and canned tomato sauce. The butternut squash soup was nice and very filling. I apologize again but there you have it.
- A great lunch!JJ49VIPDined on 10/25/2014We always eat here for dinner when in Napa, but this was our first lunchtime visit and it didn't disappoint. The food was delicious as always and our wonderful server Maxsimo made the last meal of the last day of our trip very special. We look forward to our next trip and having both lunch and dinner at Ristorante Allegria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine Listbookem4096Dined on 10/23/2014It was a releif to finally see a wine list that recognized that you can get a great bottle of wine in Napa and not pay $60. They had quit a few really good wines in the $30-40 range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood italianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014Very good. Nice evening. Very good service reasonably priced. Our second visit and will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSpartanDinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Allegria is definitely a staple in Napa. Not always the most cutting edge with their menu but it's consistently good Italian paired with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PauloDined on 10/21/2014I don't understand how somebody could rate this restaurant a 4 !!!!
- A Favorite in Napa!JJ49VIPDined on 10/21/2014We live in Atlanta - a city known for wonderful restaurants - but when we plan a trip to Napa we always make a reservation (or two) at this wonderful restaurant. We love everything about it - food, wine, service - and have never been disappointed. We look forward to many more visits to this special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceI82muchDined on 10/20/2014This is always a must stop for us - awesome service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MMfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Really enjoyed the skirt steak. Also the salads were terrific. We were there early, so we beat the crowd, so the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- JJsPICKSDined on 10/17/2014Always a great visit. Food is consistent and delicious - Service is warm, personal and attentive. The atmosphere is comfortably energetic ... This is a great Napa haunt!Special Features:
- DINING OUTBIRTHDAYDined on 10/15/2014HAD AN OUTSTANDING DINNER FOR TWO - EVERYTHING WAS FANTASTICSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the BestFumeDined on 10/14/2014I've been a frequent customer of Ristorante Allegria for several years now. The food & service have never disappointed me or my family & friends!! My favorite is the Napa Cabbage Salad and the Marinated Grilled Teriyaki Skirt Steak! Yum, yum, yum! Their cocktails are also quite wonderful!Special Features:
- CorkageOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2014We got lucky. We took a bottle of wine we purchased while on our wine tasting tour that day. There was no corkage fee on Mondays. We really enjoyed this restaurant & recommended it several times at the B & B where we are staying.Special Features:
- Great service & average foodtroubleDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed our dinner, Service was very good but the food was just ok, not bad, just ok. ( ie; pasta with prawns was actually small shrimp over cooked ). Over-all a good experience. Would try some where new my next trip to Napa.Special Features:
- Napa favorite and quake safePumpkinHMBDined on 10/9/2014PAfter walking the downtown area of Napa that was recently hit by the earthquake, we returned to a favorite of locals and tourists alike, Allegria. They took us early on a Thursday evening and the food was fantastic. We shared a yummy tender skirt steak satay following it with perfectly prepared pasta dishes: the wild mushroom ravioli and the PAPPARDELLE ALLO ZAFFERANO; fresh Homemade Saffron Pasta, Jumbo Prawns, Wild Mushrooms, Artichoke Hearts, Finished With Roasted Shrimp Bisque. Absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the bread pudding for dessert and said it was the best he ever had. Don't be put off by the scaffolding at the entrance. It's beautiful inside this old bank built after the '06 quake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectwedinnapaDined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. We booked here as a luncheon after our wedding in Napa. We will be back. The location was great as well.Special Features:
- lostcarDined on 9/28/2014Everything was wonderful. We arrived a few minutes early and reception was warm and table ready. We had a nice quiet location making it easy to talk. My husband likes a cocktail and it was prepared perfectly, and the food just superb.
- DisappointedgabijenDined on 9/28/2014Disappointed with service and food. Did not have waitperson. We had every staff member that walked by. Hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- Another great dining experiencelunchwithfriendsDined on 9/27/2014Have been here before for dinner twice and loved it. Went with friends for lunch and we all thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Our food was fabulous and included the wild mushroom raviolis, gnocchis, and pappardelle with prawns. Service was excellent. Will definitely go back again. We chose to sit inside because earthquake repair work was being done on the outside of the building, but they do have nice patio seating for a future time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but...WeTriedItDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious; however, with the music so loud, I believe guests had to be loud as well to hear each other which, unfortunately, lead to a very loud environment. So great place to eat if you don't mind the energetic vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good Alaways.....JimmymacVIPDined on 9/26/2014We are frequent visitors at this restaurant. We took our son visiting from L.A. and he loved it saying everything was delicious and perfect. We had the Skirt Satay appetizers along with the Ceasar Salad. Both were excellent! We then enjoyed Veal Piccata and Rigatoni and both were very good. As many times as we have been here , we have never tried the Bread Pudding desert until now and this was the best bread pudding we ever had. No doubt, this will be our desert of choice in the future. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousJillDined on 9/26/2014Food is always fabulous, great service that cater to locals and tourists. It used to be a bank; noise level can get high but wonderful place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most pleasant surprise!LocalVIPDined on 9/20/2014Truly a local favorite. Allegria manages to provide consistent quality at a very reasonable price. We've come here 6 times and have not been disappointed. To our pleasant surprise, the veal was exceptional. The pastas have always been very good and if you want your salmon "rare", they get it right!Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 9/20/2014We live in Napa and want to support local business. We were concerned that the earth quake and scaffolding for repairs might be turning visitors off. Not the case, they were very busy. The main dining room is on the loud side so we asked the server and they moved us upstairs to a much quieter space. Their take on olive oil for dipping is outstanding and we bought a mason jar to take home.Special Features:
- Amazing!MlmsVIPDined on 9/19/2014I highly recommend the saffron pasta with the prawns. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner2HappyDiners2Dined on 9/18/2014I treated a dear friend to a birthday dinner last Thursday and after a sputtering beginning, (wait person, hostess and our table were not coordinated)all was corrected when I raised my hand high toward the hostess station. From that point onward, service and meal proved to be very good and a fun evening for us. Would be happy to recommend this restaurant for casual or special dinning. Thank you one and all.Special Features: