1026 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/
- Phone: 7072548006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cesar Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience "Exceptional" Catering. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or an event, Ristorante Allegria can cater to your next special event. We will travel to the site of your choice for occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and/or Graduations. We offer delicious cuisine, an elegant presentation, reliable and impeccable service and we can even manage all deliveries, set up and clean-up issues. Call Rodi for details at 707.254.8006
- Private Party Facilities: The "Original" VAULT Room (up to 10 people); The Chardonnay Room (up to 26 people); The Bella Room (up to 60 people)
- Private Party Contact: Baris Yildiz 7072548006x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music Monday and Wednesday Nights with Lou Zanardi on the Accordion.
A word from Ristorante Allegria
Ristorante Allegria features Italian influenced with California Cuisine. In downtown Napa, Ristorante Allegria is located in a historic landmark bank building featuring 35 foot ceilings, a breathtaking ambiance, delicious food, superb service and relaxing Italian music. On the menu, there is chicken, home made pastas, lamb and – the signature Marinated Teriyaki Skirt Steak is not to be missed! Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and Napa Valley selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Ristorante Allegria is the perfect place for your next dining experience in the Napa ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (61)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (43)great for lunch (34)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was wonderful. We arrived a few minutes early and reception was warm and table ready. We had a nice quiet location making it easy to talk. My husband likes a cocktail and it was prepared perfectly, and the food just superb.
- DisappointedgabijenDined on 9/28/2014Disappointed with service and food. Did not have waitperson. We had every staff member that walked by. Hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Have been here before for dinner twice and loved it. Went with friends for lunch and we all thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Our food was fabulous and included the wild mushroom raviolis, gnocchis, and pappardelle with prawns. Service was excellent. Will definitely go back again. We chose to sit inside because earthquake repair work was being done on the outside of the building, but they do have nice patio seating for a future time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but...WeTriedItDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious; however, with the music so loud, I believe guests had to be loud as well to hear each other which, unfortunately, lead to a very loud environment. So great place to eat if you don't mind the energetic vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good Alaways.....JimmymacVIPDined on 9/26/2014We are frequent visitors at this restaurant. We took our son visiting from L.A. and he loved it saying everything was delicious and perfect. We had the Skirt Satay appetizers along with the Ceasar Salad. Both were excellent! We then enjoyed Veal Piccata and Rigatoni and both were very good. As many times as we have been here , we have never tried the Bread Pudding desert until now and this was the best bread pudding we ever had. No doubt, this will be our desert of choice in the future. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousJillDined on 9/26/2014Food is always fabulous, great service that cater to locals and tourists. It used to be a bank; noise level can get high but wonderful place for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most pleasant surprise!LocalVIPDined on 9/20/2014Truly a local favorite. Allegria manages to provide consistent quality at a very reasonable price. We've come here 6 times and have not been disappointed. To our pleasant surprise, the veal was exceptional. The pastas have always been very good and if you want your salmon "rare", they get it right!Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 9/20/2014We live in Napa and want to support local business. We were concerned that the earth quake and scaffolding for repairs might be turning visitors off. Not the case, they were very busy. The main dining room is on the loud side so we asked the server and they moved us upstairs to a much quieter space. Their take on olive oil for dipping is outstanding and we bought a mason jar to take home.Special Features:
- Amazing!MlmsVIPDined on 9/19/2014I highly recommend the saffron pasta with the prawns. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner2HappyDiners2Dined on 9/18/2014I treated a dear friend to a birthday dinner last Thursday and after a sputtering beginning, (wait person, hostess and our table were not coordinated)all was corrected when I raised my hand high toward the hostess station. From that point onward, service and meal proved to be very good and a fun evening for us. Would be happy to recommend this restaurant for casual or special dinning. Thank you one and all.Special Features:
- Great Food Everytime.JimmymacVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our favorite Napa restaurant and it never disappoints! We had the Pappardelle and the Bolognese and both were excellent. We had the Napa salad that was very good and a special salad of fried green tomatoes that was excellent. We find the food and the service are always top rate at this restaurant. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 9/14/2014Been to Allegria several times, so figured I'd take the GF here for dinner. We were in town with friends, and the hostest was quick to set up a table for 4 even though our reservation was only for 2. Seated promptly, quick service, and as always, the food was great. Got the Mahi Mahi special, which was good, but not as good as the filet that I usually order. Oh well. Great spot for a romantic dinner for 2 or a group of friends getting together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDeargDined on 9/12/2014We have been to this restaurant several times for special occasions or just the occasional night out. My wife always goes for the steak and I usually try some on the Italian fare. They always have excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa ItalianHmbjwwDined on 9/11/2014Dinner and service excellent. Requested a substitution on a dish (pasta vs potatoes) and the request was granted much to my satisfaction. Next time in Napa, we'll be back.Special Features:
- WONDERFULFoodDined on 9/9/2014The food at this restaurant was just what we needed after a day of wine tasting. I especially loved the cabbage salad and the entrees were the perfect size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night dinnerocfoodieDined on 9/8/2014Visiting Napa for week met friends at restaurant. I had to change the reservation at the last minute and the staff was wonderful. Food and service exactly what you expect in the napa valleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjuliepDined on 9/7/2014We took two teenagers for an early dinner and we all loved our meals. Two of us ordered the fish special and two of us ordered pasta dishes, our food was excellent and it's a very pretty atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dinner Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My friends and I had an excellent dinner experience. I would happily return and recommend Ristorante Allegria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFairfaxFoodieDined on 9/5/2014I thought that the food was very good, I enjoyed the Saffron pasta with the shrimp and the flavor was outstanding, we also shared the sampler appetizer which we both enjoyed. Was a little disappointed with my cocktail, Hendricks gimlet, and they used a lot of Roses lime juice as opposed to fresh lime and a splash of simple syrup. Although the bar had a great selection, it seemed that all of their signature cocktails were vodka based, would have like a little more variety. We were in a very quiet room upstairs, which was pleasant for our anniversary, but the real action is in the main room downstairs. A little louder, but very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were excellentparchedbearDined on 9/4/2014The pasta special of the evening (a ravioli) was excellent. The noise level was higher than I like, but a majority of evening dining restaurants seem to be that way now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieloveDined on 9/3/2014This is a great experience with delicious foods and great environment for dining experience. I will recommend guest to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Favorite Napa restaurantGr8turkDined on 9/1/2014Our favorite Napa restaurant for special occasions...we celebrated our 44th anniversary there. As always, food outstanding and service to match.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceAaronDined on 9/1/2014My experience at Ristorante Allegria was pleasant, and I would definitely return. It's clean, upscale, inviting, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Decent, but I was expecting more...Ash2Dined on 8/30/2014This was my birthday dinner and first restaraunt in Downtown Napa. The menu was great with plenty of choices and two chef specials. The food came out too fast and it was average. I was expecting a lot more from this restaraunt and didn't like the rushed feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysJimmymacVIPDined on 8/30/2014At the risk of repeating myself, The food and service are excellent. Our favorite Napa Valley restaurant as they never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great valueNapaTownie1Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to this excellent restaurant many times. Just hope the earthquake didn't do significant damage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMuriel1912Dined on 8/21/2014Service was excellent! Our waiter could not have been more helpful or professional. The food and wine was quite good. Only downside was that it was really noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dinner Was Had By All!waugDined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food and great ambience inside an old classic bank building with very high ceilings and private dining inside the vault. The place was packed but not too noisy. A great choice for outstanding Italian food in downtown Napa.Special Features:
- Best in Napa Valley!JimmymacVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite restaurant! The food is always outstanding and the service is geat. This is our favorite destination as we have never been disappointed here. We shared a grilled chicken dsalad with an order of crabcakes and an order of skirt steak satay. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Incidentally, the chicken salad was very generous considering we shared the dish. The patio is so nice for lunch! If you choose to have dinner here, do try the papardella, but whatever you choose, I don't think you can go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaitiDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 4 and sat outside and had a magnificent dinner! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone that comes to Napa!!!!Special Features:
- yumyumyumyumyumyumDined on 8/14/2014excellent food, wine list and service. we actually ended up eating at the bar w Eddie and he was amazing.. great service and very easy going vibe.. will go back for sure !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Dinner a AllegriaMediocreDined on 8/14/2014We had an early dinner at Allegria in Napa CA on Thursday, August 14. The service was good but the food was not as good as we had hoped. One of us had chicken and the other the spaghetti with meat sauce. The chicken was overly greasy and the spaghetti was not so good sauce on ground hamburger and pasta. The hamburger was very plain and for an alleged "Italian Restaurant", it was more like an American restaurant with plain food than what you would expect from a fine Italian Restaurant.
- An off night?CharVIPDined on 8/13/2014We've always loved Allegria, but this night I was disappointed. I ordered the swordfish, which the waitress said they cooked "medium." I said great. When it came, however, it was way overcooked - dry. I probably should have sent it back but hate making a fuss. I did tell the waitress. One friend, who is a vegetarian, asked for pasta with a tomato based sauce. It was not up to the usual standard either. It overwhelmed the pasta.Special Features:
- Better than expected!!MikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014First time here and not the last. Food was outstanding. Portions were generous but not over the top. Wine prices are great. Loved it so much I booked a group of 40 for November 2014!! Very accommodating. Owner stopped over to check on everything a few times. Nice and lively!! Great upstairs dining area for large parties. Well Done!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed Dining Not a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was good at Allegria but the pace of the meal was ridiculously fast. The calamari appetizer was out before we had a chance to enjoy the wine and the main course was served with the unfinished appetizer still on the table. We had to tell the server when we completed the meal to give us some time to finish our wine before even thinking about dessert. Nonetheless, the menus were presented as if the place was on fire. Not a very relaxing meal!
- Excellent!!!have2tryDined on 8/1/2014Food and service were wonderful. Staff was very friendly. The teriyaki flank steak was delicious. Most definitely would come back again.Special Features:
- Always AmazingRobynDined on 7/30/2014The food is the best in Napa. Don't miss the Napa Cabbage Salad with Grilled Prawns, Prawns Papparadelle, and the best Bread Pudding Ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousWineNDinerDined on 7/27/2014We dine at Allegria as often as we can. We enjoy the white table cloths, linen napkins, impeccable service and beautiful surroundings. Our waiter has always been friendly, attentive and helpful. You begin your experience with thick crusted sliced sourdough coupled with Allegria's own dipping sauce. The lunch box and daily specials are superb. The lunch box specials include salad or soup as well as home made sorbet for dessert. Tough to beat for a mere $15. The marinated skirt steak is the best I have ever had. The skirt steak is presented with garlic mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and lightly pan fried onion rings. I have sent quite a few friends and business contacts to Allegria and the reviews are always "We loved it!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upintheair2muchupintheair2muchVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is actually delightful, outdoors dining area had a nice ambiance. The waitress said she would bring us "just a taste" of their special soup, then forgot, then when she delivered the meal said once again she would bring it then after the meal apologized for not bringing it. The tagatelli was under cooked and some of the needles were stuck together and dey. Not a great experience.
- gabijenDined on 7/26/2014BEST EVER!! CALAMARI WITH VEGGIES AND CABBAGE SALAD OUT STANDING. WE HAD PASTAS AND THEY WERE DELICIOUS.Special Features: