RISE Sushi Lounge
300 Marietta Street Suite 104
Atlanta, GA 30313Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
RISE Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://risesushilounge.com/
- Phone: 4044770947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Dinner: Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 12pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Tony Wang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Catering available for parties, events, and weddings. You can even request your own sushi chef(s) to be onsite for the event! We will provide everything necessary including a portable sushi case, plates, napkins, chopsticks, and more.
- Special Events: Combonation lunch specials for $12.50. $25 Three course Chef menu available at dinner, Monday thru Thursday. Asian Tapas from $4.50 to $11.50. Chef Tasting; Omakase, available for $55, $75 and $85 per person. Advanced reservation required for Omakase.
A word from RISE Sushi Lounge
Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta near Centennial Park and the Georgia Aquarium with easy access to Convention Centers, Hotels and Sporting/Entertainment Venues. Rise Sushi Lounge offers fresh seafood in a chic modern atmosphere spearheaded by “master” sushi Chef Tony Wang. Located in the vibrant Lucky Marietta District, this premier dining destination attracts travelers and locals alike. In addition to cutting edge sushi and Asian/Fusion cuisine, Rise offers an extensive sake selection and sophisticated house prepared infusions and specialty cocktails. Whether you're looking for a quick casual lunch or a large corporate dinner party, Rise is sure to meet your dining needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RISE Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst tasting sushi I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Worst tasting sushi I have ever had. Too pricey for what you get. Extremely too much rice on the rolls. Awful
- Our server Chris was fantastic...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Our server Chris was fantastic... We will be coming back regularly!Special Features:
- This is a very straight forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2012This is a very straight forward and simple restaurant; which is great but it could use a little zest. Spring rolls are fantastic. Asian Pineapple cocktail is right.Special Features:
- RISE Not Bad At AllOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2012Enjoyed RISE Sushi Lounge. I especially like the fact that there are non-sushi items on the menu since I am not that fond of sushi. Nice specialty bar offerings. Really like the "Asian Pineapple" and the "Ginger not Mary Ann" Will definitely go back time after time.Special Features:
- Food ok, Service was polite slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2012The food was good but nothing spectacular. We were there early before a show at the Tabernacle nearby and so it wasn't crowded but service was still slow. The service was polite but never apologized for the slow service. The atmosphere was quiet since there were few eating that early at 5:30 pm. I probably wouldn't go back especially during a busy time as I can't imagine how slow service would be then.
- Good times.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Great sushi and other tasty treats. Great service. Our waiter was doing it all from tending bar to keeping up with us all in a timely manner. The Mrs. and i were on a date and it was spot on during our dinner.Special Features:
- Incredible food, great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012The restaurant was not overly busy, but those that were there seemed to enjoy it immensely. my wife and I were traveling to Atlanta for a conference and this restaurant was a perfect escape, a perfect place to enjoy each others company, and above all, to enjoy amazing, fresh, high quality sushi in a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- The rolls we ordered (2 specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012The rolls we ordered (2 special & not on menu) along with 3 others were good. However, we wouldn't say they "knocked" us out in terms of taste and quality. Seaweed salad wasn't very good and certainly not worth the $7.50 price. A little pricy in terms of sushi cost. Ambiance was good....not sure if I'll be coming back here again. Service (Jake?) was good.....Special Features:
- Really great sushi. . .comparableAjs2929Dined on 4/6/2012Really great sushi. . .comparable with Hawaii!!! Atmosphere was quiet, not too busy & everything was reasonably priced. Service was good, even got a free round of beers, just because. We will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- Food was great. Ordered SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012Food was great. Ordered Sushi rolls on recommendation of server and they were great. Service was off a little. Took a long time to get noticed at host desk. No one was there. NCAA Tournament was going on next door so may have been in recovery mode.
- Service was lousy. IrraticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2012Service was lousy. Irratic waiter. Main course for 4 of us was served at four fifferent times.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I went with a friend who is also a lover of great food. We ordered the sushi and sashimi platter to share between us. We were pleasantly surprised at the amount of food. Everything was very fresh; compliments to the chef. We both ordered dessert I had the banana spring roll, they had the tempura ice cream; both were delicious. The service was swift and professional, but not too overbearing.Special Features:
- Rise was amazing. I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Rise was amazing. I went for Valentine's Day and had some of the best sushi I have ever tasted. The salmon is incredible! It is a little pricy, but with sushi you get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend this place. The sinks are awesome too!Special Features:
- Very fresh seafood and inventiveJillDined on 2/10/2012Very fresh seafood and inventive ideas/flavors. The rice was a little mushy and it's a bit pricey. I realize it's downtown Atlanta, but sushi rice is sort of the foundation. I ordered the sushi dinner for $31 which came with 8 chef's choice pieces and a choice of tuna, spicy tuna or california roll. I opted for the spicy tuna. I personally like the spicy mayo, but this came chopped with chili oil making it dry. The dinner also came with miso (very good) and salad (ginger dressing is a bit thick). We got the shrimp dumpling for an appetizer. I thought it was going to be shumai, but it was a thick breading that was deep fried. I should have asked :) My friend was very happy with her signature crunchy roll. The house sake was ok.
- Average Sushi PlaceKatsVIPDined on 1/27/2012I am a big sushi fan and I am always willing to try a restaurant that I haven't visited. I would give RISE an average rating. The food was average and the atmosphere was average. The wait staff were spending more time hanging out with each other than there were customers available. My food came out quickly and I did see some beautiful platters of food come by me as I sat at the sushi bar. I just wasn't WOWED by the taste.Special Features:
- The bento box is mostly rice,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2012The bento box is mostly rice, and so was the expensive appetizer we ordered.
- Too much, Too long, Too much hassleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2012We went in on a Sunday night to find only 2 other people in the restaurant. 3 of us ordered Sushi, while the 4th ordered a cooked entree. The cooked meal came out 20 minutes before the Sushi. The server told us the Sushi chef was swamped, with 6 people total in the restaurant (the other table already had their food). It took entirely too long for the Sushi and when it came out, it wasn't that impressive (for the price/wait perspective). Price is another factor. I almost had a heart attack when I saw $6.95 for a small pile of Edamame? Everything was about $3-5 more than it should be. To say it bluntly, if you're a local Atlantan - it's not worth the drive and hassle of downtown. You'll be there too long and pay too much.
- The bartender doesn't knowOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/13/2011The bartender doesn't know that all sparkling wine is not champagne. Good experience overall.
- great food and very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2011great food and very attentive service! We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Excellent varied menu, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2011Excellent varied menu, everything you would expect at a good Japanese restaurant, not the cheapest in town but you get what you pay for. Surprisingly quiet but that suited us and the service was prompt.Special Features:
- Unique Atlanta SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2011Unique sushi for Atlanta: Marlin, Wahoo, White Tuna, Swordfish, Blue shrimp. Incredible job with creative sauces and presentation. I'm looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Had several unique fish forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2011Had several unique fish for sushi not found anywhere else - well done!
- We went there on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/10/2011We went there on a Saturday night about 7:30 and the restaurant was pretty empty. Service was a little slow and it seemed that the timing of sending out the dishes was off. Both tables beside us seemed to have issues with the order being correct or not coming out at the same time. The sushi itself was good, we had several rolls and along with some nigiri. The likliehood that I would return is pretty low, I have had better sushi at other places and for a better price. Also, on that particular night the atmosphere was lacking with all the empty seats throughout the restaurant.
- HORRIBLE place AVOIDOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2011The service was HORRIBLE which is a shame because the food was actaully pretty good. It took 20-30 minutes just to get drink orders in. The restaurant needs to invest in more servers and train them properly.
- The sushi was FABULOUS. VeryHuxieVIPDined on 7/22/2011The sushi was FABULOUS. Very delicious. The service was definitely sub-par. We dined @ the bar. We sat for close to ten minutes w/o being greeted by the bartender. The manager had to chase her down & let her know that she had customers. The food took a VERY long tome to arrive, & the restaurant wasn't very crowded at all. Even the seaweed salad took over ten minutes to arrive. The manager had to go find the bartender another time also, because our drinks were empty. It was very frustrating. I'm not sure id visit again, except to eat the great food again.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2011The food was absolutely delicious and the presentations were beautiful. Sushi rolls were average to generous in size, but the portion sizes of our appetizers were quite small in relation to their prices.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2011Food was amazing, but the fact that I had to wait 30 minutes to get my drink order is ridiculous. VERY BAD SERVICE
- Worst Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2011I had a 6:30 reservation and was seated right away because there were several open tables indicating that the restaurant wasn't that busy. However, when 6:45 rolled around and we had yet to see our waiter or waitress, we tracked down the unprofessionally dressed manager, who decided fraternizing with the bartender was more important than actually running the restaurant. Five minutes later, he came over to take our drink order, and had to tell a waiter to come over to our table. The waiter came over, introduced himself and said he would be right back. Ten minutes later, the waiter was still was no where to be found. After 30 minutes of waiting, my other party and I decided to get up and leave. We definitely will not be back.
- Great Service and FoodNealVIPDined on 7/11/2011Took my wife there for her birthday. The Sushi was the best we've ever had. Service was excellent. We used a scoutmob and received 20% of the food.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance...but horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2011Nice ambiance...but horrible food. Will not return.
- Very enjoyable. Sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Very enjoyable. Sushi was excellent!! Very extensive menu! Our server was very energetic and helpufl. Wonderful experience.
- Decent at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2011This restaurant was decent at best; our food was warm (sushi should be COLD) and took two hours to make. When we were chatting with the waiter he apologized for the wait and explained that the owner was preparing it - therefore, we were shocked at the performance. The tables are seated rather close; so close we ended up in our neighbors conversation half way through our wait. Sad thing is, they weren't busy. The prices were high...try MF Sushi instead.
- The food was great here, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2011The food was great here, but the service was bad. It took forever for our food to get out and although out waitress of sympathetic nothing changed.Special Features:
- Not the best sushi I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2011Not the best sushi I've ever had, but it was very good. The place was a little noisy with terrible acoustics so the music was a bit much.Special Features:
- Decently priced and very freshOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2011Decently priced and very fresh sushi. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- The sushi had great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/25/2011The sushi had great flavor and the menu offers some interesting roll combinations. But, it wasn't the freshest sushi I've had. The service was great. The atmosphere was nice but a little loud. I wouldn't choose to go back, but if others suggested it, I'd be fine to meet up there.Special Features:
- Great, great, great qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2011Great, great, great quality sushi and sashimi. They have some really innovative specialty rolls. The waiter wasn't very knowledgeable of the different wines available, but the one I eventually chose was great. Quite pricey, even though we got a "set." Probably just for special occasions if we don't have a coupon.Special Features:
- We ordered a variety of sushiDorisysDined on 3/24/2011We ordered a variety of sushi & tapas and everything was a taste explosion - lamb, oysters, calamari & the roll with SeaBass on top! Without a problem, they satisfied my request to replace the spicy tuna in the SeaBass roll with shrimp tempura & the ell sauce had some fantastic unique flavor in it....the roll was AMAZING! The sea bass was prepared in some BBQ/grilled way that was so flavorful! Would definitely visit again!Special Features:
- This was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2011This was my second time dining at RISE and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience both times. I find the sushi menu to be diverse and the drinks are generous. Both times I've dined at RISE we did not have a long wait and the service was great. This is the perfect place for a pre-Phillips Arena, Georgia Dome event bite.Special Features:
- The restaurant was easilyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011The restaurant was easily accessible from an adequate public parking garaage across the street. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and seated promptly. Service was attentive and the menu items we ordered were delivered within a reasonable time and were tasty.Special Features: