Rise Sushi & Sake Lounge
3401 N Southport
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Rise Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.risesushi.com/
- Phone: 7735253535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rise Sushi & Sake Lounge
Rise Sushi features fresh sushi and sake. Also carry-out, delivery and catering are all available. They only use the freshest ingredients. Never frozen. All fish is delivered fresh daily from the best fishermen in Eastern Canada and the Northern Pacific. Lofty, modern and minimalist, this upscale Asian eatery stands out on casual Southport Avenue. Blond wood tables and lightly finished floors give a spare but comfortable feel. Wire-wrapped lamps hanging above the sushi bar add a whimsical touch; French windows open the place up to the street. Chill at the bar or in the sake lounge while waiting for a table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rise Sushi & Sake Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- First time, will be backcityplaceVIPDined on 6/29/2014We don't eat sushi but there was a large menu. Food was delicious. Red snapper entrée was wonderful as was the sea bass appetizer. Also loved the fried rice. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downchicagogirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband loves sushi and really wanted to try Rise. We were let down when our server didn't know the menu and couldn't answer our questions and our food was horrible. We would not go back unless there were significant changes to the food.
- Birthday partysushiloveDined on 5/10/2014We came with a large group for a birthday party and the service was very friendly and the food came out very quickly. We had a great time!Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Rise Sushi & Sake Lounge reviews archive.
- Birthday FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Rise was perfect for my friends birthday! The martinis were great! The cheesecake birthday dessert was delicious and perfectly decorated! The staff was knowledgeable , and extremely accommodating. I would definitely recommend for a fun dinner before going out on the town!Special Features:
- great service from the bartendertracyDined on 3/18/2014great service from the bartender josh, who makes fantastic lycee martinis and our server cherry whose witty humor had us laughing all night longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Sushi Loverssushi4foddieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Do you just love sushi? Well I do. Rise sushi has a great selection of tasteful sushi rolls. But Rise isn't just a roll place they have many good kitchen items. May I recommend the fried rice. One of the other perks or Rise is the location. Southport is filled with great shopping and dinning,Special Features:
- Excellent sushi!JenDDined on 11/15/2013There was a long wait for the sushi, over an hour, but it was phenomenal. The server was terrific. It is a place you can order all kinds of things to try that will be wonderful and fun to share. We all really loved it - group of 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - a lot of noise!!Helena26Dined on 11/15/2013We loved the sushi, the "Flame" is absolutely must to try! The food arrived after about 30 minutes.... I have to say that its not a quiet place to relax, Very noisy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went here for a bacheloretteanon123Dined on 10/5/2013went here for a bachelorette party with a group of 12. the ambiance was good and the staff was accommodating. i was disappointed when it took over 1 hr to have our food brought out to us when there were more than one sushi chef available. the food, upon arrival, was nothing spectacular. may try this place again, but i dont think i'll be ordering any more sushi next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my friend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I took my friend here for her bachelorette party. We made reservations for 8pm and the service was so slow, we had to scramble at the last minute so we wouldn't miss the show at 10:15pm. On top of that, our food took forever to come and while the bride ordered more sushi, I look behind the bar by the sushi line and see all three cooks standing around. The server was nice, but pushy when it came to ordering drinks.Special Features:
- Love the food. It's a realOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Love the food. It's a real favorite but the noise is almost unbearable. We were there late - a 10:00 reservation - and you couldn't hear anything. By the time we left - after 11:30 it was fine. Ther take a few huge parties and the noise is deafening. But the food is great! And the service people are very accommodating.Special Features:
- Excellent and elegant setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Excellent and elegant setting. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. The bartender made me the best margarita ever. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great start to a fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012This was my first visit, along with the other 7 people I was dining with. We LOVED our experience. Having such a large group, we were all impressed with the food, service and ambiance! The sushi was fresh and yummy!! Very tasty and reasonibly priced. It was a great start to a fantastic evening - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN concert. THANKS - We will all be back!Special Features:
- great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012great sushi, huge selection and everything we tried was amazing. the service was great and great trendy atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was ok, but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/3/2012The food was ok, but overpriced. Take note that parties over 6 get charged a 20% gratuity fee, less incentive for the waiter to pay attention to the table. Over a 2 hour span to get served, we saw our waiter only 2 times.
- Down the TubesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2012What happened Rise? You used to be my go to place for sushi. All specialty rolls had fruit in it. The one special roll had what tasted like canned tuna torched under a flame on top of it. This place needs a kick in the pants with regards to creativity. Won't be back until I hear this menu gets revamped.
- Surprisingly good sushi.skidocVIPDined on 12/26/2011Surprisingly good sushi. We were with a large group and they handled it well even with kids. I would not recommend kids at this place though. Would recommend this place if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011I had walked by Rise many times and even walked inside once. Finally I rallied a group of friends to actually eat there. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the great food. We al tried each others rolls and everyone was impressed. Several people on Yelp complained about the service being slow. First of all, this is sushi, not Wendy's, so it should be a given that it will take a little longer. But, I did not feel the food took an extraordinary time to come. No complaints from me on that issue either. I would like to see those Yelp reviewers make sushi faster! All in all, this was a great dinning experience and I will be returning soon and with more people.Special Features:
- I went there the other nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2011I went there the other night with friends who used to live in the city and go to Rise all of the time when they did. Rise was as good as we all remembered! I had heard some negative reviews lately but I thought it was fantastic. Try the Niku maki - my favorite! I checked 'good for kids' because I've taken our son there early and on weeknights and it's been great. The only bad thing I could say about it is the noise level which can get kind of loud during prime hours.Special Features:
- We ate at Rise befor attendingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2011We ate at Rise befor attending a concert near by. The sushi was fresh, inventive and fantastic. We ordered a couple of appetizers but the sushi was far superior and I would recommend just concentrating on that. It was a warm night and the windows were open creating a great dinning environment. Our server was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:
- Great Choice for an Adult BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011Rise was a perfect way to celebrate my 33rd birthday... tremendous food and wonderful atmosphere. Some of my guests did not like fish, but there were plenty of other options on the menu and everyone was thrilled with the food! The service was also great, not too pushy but always there.Special Features:
- The sushi here is originalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2011The sushi here is original and amazing! My family have had sushi at many different restaurants and this was by far the most unique and fun experience!!Special Features:
- Sushi was decent. My kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2011Sushi was decent. My kids didn't care for the selection at all. Service was VERY slow.Special Features:
- Our server was HORRIBLE! SheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Our server was HORRIBLE! She was beyond rude! We spent $350.00 and thought we derserved better service.
- We came to Rise because weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2011We came to Rise because we had eaten there before and the food is very good. This time our group was celebrating a birthday and it was a late Friday nite dinner. We had reservations but had to wait awhile, but that was o.k. It was really, really loud and crowded - but we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011This is one of my favorite Sushi spots in Chicago. They always have delicious and unique rolls, and the drinks are amazing. Great ambiance, as well, but you definitely pay the price for all that you get.Special Features:
- Good sushi, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2011The sushi is amazing however the service is TERRIBLE .We were extremely disappointed when our bill came and 14.00 worth of diet coke was charged without any notification of the "no free refill policy." both the waiter and manager were extremely incompetent at handling this matter.Special Features:
- Worth the Trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2011We went for a birthday! It was a great time with delicious food. Very warm and inviting atmosphere. The staff was very nice. The only reason it got a 4 instead of 5 is that after checking their website and bringing up their "special" we learned that it was outdated and the specials were no longer being honored.Special Features:
- Cherry is the best waitressorthogirlVIPDined on 12/23/2010Cherry is the best waitress in Chicago! Excellent fishSpecial Features:
- Have always liked their sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/3/2010Have always liked their sushi, but it seems that recently they have taken it up a notch. It's outstanding. Although service could have been better and more attentive.Special Features:
- Some of the freshest and mostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010Some of the freshest and most unique sushi we have ever had! Just wish it wasn't so loud, hard to have a good converstaion. We went on a Saturday night perhaps a weekday would be more pleasant.Special Features:
- Everyone liked the steamedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2010Everyone liked the steamed lobster roll and the Green Curry with tofu was exceptionally creamy....would go again for a relaxed evening out. The wines are on the sweet side, but work with the menu....Special Features:
- This was definitely not therhwinendineVIPDined on 7/30/2010This was definitely not the first time I ate at Rise but it has been awhile since moving out of the neighborhood. i enjoyed 2 old favorite rolls, the rise spicy maki and the flaming roll-delish. Went with a group of girlfirends for a birthday dinner and we had a great dinner with great service at the best table near the window. They ran out of the wine we were drinkiing but went to the liquor store next door and had it corked at Rise. I look forward to our return!Special Features:
- The delicious crispy calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2010The delicious crispy calamari dish gets smaller and smaller every year; I keep ordering it though. The peppers are beginning to out-weight the calamari as well. Reserved a table well in advance, but the nicer tables had "reserved" signs on them when we arrived and we didn't get one of them. Waiter was friendly and attentive, but forgetful. A nice experience, but Rise needs to step it up. Sushi was fresh and fun. Crispy chicken was just that, nothing special.
- Some unique specialty rolls.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2010Some unique specialty rolls. Ask your server for suggestions based on your likes/dislikes. Our server was great suggestions veggie options for my vegan friends as well.Special Features:
- I had never had sushi beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2010I had never had sushi before and I tried it for the very first time at Rise. I'm not really a huge fan of fish or seafood period and I LOVED the sushi at Rise! It was amazing! I even surprised myself and ate eel! Thanks for the wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Had a great time with a largekathypsVIPDined on 3/27/2010Had a great time with a large group. The food was excellent and the service wonderful. It was a birthday celebration and they added their own touches to the mini-cupcakes used instead of a cake that were just lovely. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- The food is great but I amOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2010The food is great but I am not sure it is worth it when you have to wait an hour and a half to get the food after you order it. That is way too long to wait to eat after ordering. The reataurant is SO loud you have to scream to talk to your table. This is not a place to go if you want a nice quiet night. Also, we had a reservation at 7:30 but we didn't get seated until almost 8.
- I took my girlfriend backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010I took my girlfriend back to her old neighborhood fav, and she loved it as did I! They were very accommodating with the table I requested. The waiter toldf us that there was a lot of take-out orders clogging up the cooks, and our dinner would take a while, but it still took more than 30 minutes. Then my drink was supposed to be a manhatton up, speciffically not shaken, and it arrived in a high-ball glass on ice. I explained that it should be in a martini glass, and he was surprised. Plus when it came out-no cherry. Evidently not the most knowledgable bartenders, but we came there for the food, and the most important thing was very very good! It brought back a lot of memories of when she lived there, and we still had a great time!Special Features:
- THE BEST SUSHI IN CHICAGO.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010THE BEST SUSHI IN CHICAGO. I have been to 39 sushi places in the Chicagoland area there is no other place the Rise Sushi and Sake Lounge to go. They rose to the top of my list. Keep rising!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features: