27741 Crown Valley Pkwy #325
Mission Viejo, CA 92691Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riptidesushi.com/
- Phone: 9492820182
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Gonzales & Ken Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering and catering packages available for pickup at anytime.
- Entertainment: Every Sunday at 10am The Amazing Lokelanis dance and Ukelele group. Both male and female dancers delight the crowds with their rhythmically enchanting Hula. Fun for all ages!
A word from Riptide
Rockin Sushi and Teppan Grill - Reservations are for Teppan tables only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riptide reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love Riptide, but....GiventerDined on 11/21/2012The food is always great, although sometimes the sushi rolls and presentation are inconsistent per expectations. We are frequent patrons, but to be honest, it is HORRIBLE in service when you get a booth there with family. They never manage the booths well. Sit at the teppan tables, the sushi bar, or bar to get better service...the booths are just not managed well ever. However, we only go to Riptide for sushi/Japanese in our neighborhood because the food is that good.
- Well to be honest our witressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Well to be honest our witress was fair. She made quite a few mistakes and would try to make up for it but it was too little too late. Here are few issues She told us there were no forks in the restaurant hope we could use chop sticks. Then came back several minutes later with a plastic fork in a little plastic wrap. My daughter who has a great deal of waitress experience got up from her seat and brought back silverware forks for everyone 6 people. Came to take our food order tablet and pen ready as well as we were then said I'll be back approximately 10 minutes later she returned. Never asked us about additional drinks or refilled our water. Other issues as well.probably should have called the manager however we left a small tip.Special Features:
- This is my second time atscarletDined on 11/15/2012This is my second time at Riptide and I am unsatisfied. The sushi was sloppy and a little warm. This restaurant has great reviews at OC best of but I still have not seen it with both dining experiences.
- I made the reservation throughshoegalTDined on 11/10/2012I made the reservation through OpenTable and once we got to the restaurant they said they were no longer taking any online reservations and that we would have to wait an hour for a table so we left and found a great Sushi place nearby. Very dissapointed to say the least. I I will not be returning to RipTide.
- our server was not good, sheYenne7Dined on 11/8/2012our server was not good, she must be having some problems....Special Features:
- I love this place. It's veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I love this place. It's very upbeat and energetic with great quality and service. It's hard to find all of that in one place.Special Features:
- Came to Riptide for 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2012Came to Riptide for 2nd time in 2 weeks and it delivered again!!! Artichoke appetizer is a must have as is the family style special chicken and fried rice!!Special Features:
- Prices are very high and theVickiDined on 9/23/2012Prices are very high and the food was not outstanding for what you got. Service was very poor and no one was there, so no excuses.
- Teppan was good. Service peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Teppan was good. Service people nice but slow. Online reservation worked well and no wait when we got there. A bit noisy. Overall goodSpecial Features:
- Horrific from start to finish,-inOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2012Horrific from start to finish,-in spite of reservation, had to wait 20 min to be seated. inattentive wait staff. Everyone's meal served at different times. Food was awful-spicy tuna soooo spicy inedible. Drinks were watered down. Just awful... DON"T waste your time or money here.
- This was a our first tripOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012This was a our first trip to Riptide and the food was outstanding. We ordered family style house chicken and the chicken fried rice and it did not disappoint and the portions were gigantic!! We also had the artichoke appetizer which was great as well. The pricing was very much in line and we'll certainly be back for more!!Special Features:
- The food is great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012The food is great as always but our waitress, Brandi, made the experience excellent. She was very friendly and always made sure that we were OK. Thanks Brandi.Special Features:
- Great Teppan TablesfoodiesigotherDined on 9/8/2012Such a GREAT night!! Celebrated my son's 8th Birthday at the Teppan Tables with my family - and they were the BEST!!!! Love Love Love this place - thanks for making us feel special.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, but more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012Nice ambiance, but more of gringo Japanese fare. Fun for a night out with friends, just don't plan on being wow'd with the food.Special Features:
- Huge sushi bar, teppan tables,CoachVIPDined on 8/24/2012Huge sushi bar, teppan tables, and a sit down menu. We have been here a bunch of times for teppan and it's always good. We stick with the basics (chicken/steak) at the teppan tables and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Overall a good place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Waitress and cooks were nice and had good service. But the bartenders were a little rude. To me, in customer service your not rude to a customer whether your head bartender or new. A nice greeting is simple couldn't hurt nobody.Special Features:
- The food was great, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2012The food was great, as usual! We love going to Riptide for special occasions, and they never fail us! AND the sushi there is so yummy!Special Features:
- Website said it had a particularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2012Website said it had a particular brunch and when we got there, it wasn't the case. It was still grat breakfast.Special Features:
- Food used to be great...stillJeffVIPDined on 8/11/2012Food used to be great...still good, but recently cut their regular menu by 40% and raised their prices by just as much. $10 sundae had 1 scoop...outrageous. We have been here over 20 times but we will have a hard time going back.Special Features:
- There are other restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012There are other restaurants such as Mahe or Ichibiri which provide the same dining experience and similar food for about $10 less than Riptide. And to be honest, the food at Riptide was not $10 better than the food of Mahe or Ichibiri; in fact Riptide serves less food than Ichibiri or Mahe too.Special Features:
- While service was questionableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2012While service was questionable this time around, the high quality sushi keeps me coming back to Riptide. The place can get loud at times (particularly during the peak hours) which can make it difficult to hear even the person next to you. The tepanyaki tables are OK, although the chefs don't usually put on much of a show like at a Benihana, so don't bring your kids thinking they'll be entertained. Stick to the inventive sushi dishes and don't pay for the lackluster grill items.Special Features:
- Not just your ordinary teppanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2012Not just your ordinary teppan. The food was particularly tasty with liberal use of butter and garlic. I had halibut which was very good. My husband had the scallops which were exceptionally juicy and no over cooked. I also liked the traditional miso soup and the rich gingery and not fatty salad dressing. Reminded me of Kobe teppan. And the rainbow roll was very good. We'll be back.
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Everything was great except the hostesses. Not the brightest people around. The chefs and servers on the other hand are top notch.Special Features:
- Fun and entertaining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We had a really fun time at the Teppan table. The food was good and atmosphere entertainingSpecial Features:
- It is a vibrant, fun and busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012It is a vibrant, fun and busy place. Make a reservation unless you are going for lunch. The sushi is fantastic.Special Features:
- Lots of food, but a hefty price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012The tappan table is always fun with a group and when celebrating something special, such as a birthday. The prices are extremely expensive, but the quality is good and the serving size is quite large. The service was great. The tappan chef was very entertaining and the serverSpecial Features:
- I would give this experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012I would give this experience a better rating, but the idiot waitress over charged my credit card by $100 because "omg the $100 looks just like the $1!". Also, there were many health code violations going on such as a man scraping the sealings and a bus boy walking around with a bus tub. Both HUUUGE violations during business hours.
- We went to Riptide for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012We went to Riptide for dinner. Typcially we do teppan when we go but this time decided to go to the restaurant. Service was incredibly slow. I found myself waiting 5 minutes just to ask for a side of ranch for my salad. The food was not that great and since they changed their menu the selection is minimal. In my opinion, they removed some of the best items from their menu. We won't be returning to RipTide unless we are going for sushi or teppan, even then, there are better choices in OC.Special Features:
- Everything was good. The onlyTexasTreasuresDined on 6/9/2012Everything was good. The only downside was that we arrived at just an inopportune time so that we were seated at a Teppan table and then no one joined our table. Just coincidentally, so that we sat and sat and sat while i guess they tried to fill the table. finally, they agreed just to bring the teppan chef to cook just for the two of us, which i understand was inefficient for them, but we had to wait a LONG time.
- We went for Mother's day brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We went for Mother's day brunch. The food was good, but the wait staff seemed a bit unorganized.Special Features:
- We often visit Riptide forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We often visit Riptide for special occasions. It is one of our kids' favorite places to go. The Teppan style is great. We always enjoy ourselves !Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We were very impressed with our dining experience. Riptide was the perfect choice to celebrate Mother's Day! The food was absolutely amazing. The Cancun and Tornado rolls were awesome! I also highly recommend the Blue Lagoon Martini. The Riptide Combos and Teppan menu is outstanding. We are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- We love Riptide, but thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2012We love Riptide, but this time the service was a bit lacking. Other than that, food was great and prices are decent for what you get.Special Features:
- The food is pretty good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012The food is pretty good, the staff and service were great.Special Features:
- What Happened??StephTDined on 4/27/2012I normally love Riptide but this experience was not a great one. Our server acted like we were putting her out and went over twenty five minutes without checking on us (the restaurant was empty and she was not busy). The food was okay but not up to its usual quality.
- Great food and great fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012We had a party of 9 for my daughter's 16th birthday. We had 2 kids that were 11, three 16 year olds and 4 adults. All of us thought it was great to watch the chef prepare and cook our dinner with the big bursts of fire and entertainment. He even flipped rice from his spatuala into each of our mouths. The meal was awesome!! This was my first experience at Riptide and I previously thought it was primarily a sushi restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised how wonderful the food was. The Orange Roughy, the vegetables and the shrimp were awesome! My husband had the Volcano and he said that was great as well.Special Features:
- Another great Brunch! Thank You!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012We have been to Rip Tide in the past,and loved it! The only thing I missed was the entertainment, they use to offer brunch weekly and they had Hawaiian singers/dancers. It was quiet an experience! Now they only have brunch on special occasion. Other than that it was great.Special Features:
- Had reservations at 8:30 butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Had reservations at 8:30 but didn't get seated till 9:00.Very loud with kids running around and throwing food. My kids were shocked at the behaviors which was dissruptive to our dinner (being pelted with food).Special Features:
- A Ridetide of Good food and Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2012Great for large parties and just going with the family or date. We have been here many times and enjoyed the Teppan tables and sushi bar. Great bar scene and decor. They do accommodate large groups. Have been here on Girls Night many times. Music is a bit loud but energentic. Service is always great. Can be crowded on weekends so we always make a reservation on Open Table first.Special Features:
- Not very organized, we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Not very organized, we had a 6:30 reservation but were not seated till 7 pm. The lobby is over crowed and the restaurant is very noisy, but service was great once seated and the blackened Ahi was unusual and very good.