Rio's in Addison (South American Cuisine)
1600 W Lake St
Addison, IL 60101Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rio's in Addison (South American Cuisine)
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.riosaddison.com/
- Phone: (630) 773-3370
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, South American, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Tony Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call! 630 773 3370
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for special party packages. When you're in the mood for good times and great cuisine, be sure to check out Rios Fine South American Cuisine. The restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Na'el Shehade / Tony Perez 8669686965
- Entertainment: every Friday!
A word from Rio's in Addison (South American Cuisine)
When you're in the mood for good times and great cuisine, be sure to check out Rios Fine South American Cuisine. The restaurant is located in one of the area's most pleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. The menu at Rios Fine South American Cuisine features a wide array of great selections, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Rios has established itself as one of the area's favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio's in Addison (South American Cuisine) reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A go back in jeopardyGrouponFindDined on 11/8/2014This was our 2nd time. The first time was fantastic. Food, Service and Ambiance was a reason we went back. This time the food and ambiance was still great, however the service disappeared. We felt invisible all evening. We enjoy not being rushed, but in this case the service was none existent. The reason given was they were too busy. It was obvious they were under staffed. Because we enjoy there food so much we will go back one more time. If the service has not improved that will be our last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South American GemMoM2VIPDined on 11/2/2014This was our second visit - in two weeks! Great ceviche and soup as appetizers. Lamb shank and chicken, both with interesting rice, as entrees. A little pricey, but gourmet level cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No excuse for slow servicetastebudspotonVIPDined on 10/25/2014At 7pm on a Saturday I was surprised it wasn't packed. The only reason we were still there when they closed was because of slow service. Most food came out warm not hot. Drink refills were very slow and you had to request - they didn't ask. Tamales - boring and hardly any meat. Filet medallions good flavor but over cooked and had grit. I'll be surprised if this place makes it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014Great restaurant . . . A must go for any foodie in the suburbs. Plus huge portion sizes for your friends who just like to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a neighborhood gempinjoh541Dined on 9/18/2014We've been here several times now and everything we've had has been delicious! If we're going out with friends or by ourselves, this place is on our short list of places to go for great food.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFlamingoVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Rio's several times now. This last time was with four out of town guests. They all thoroughly enjoyed themselves and have added it to the list of favorite restaurants in Chicago. We did small plates with a variety of food - all very tasty. Soup was enjoyed by all, especially the Chupe de Camorones! Ordering is a breeze as items are all beautifully photographed and come out looking just like the picture. We shared three of the desserts - and couldn't agree on a favorite as they were all really good. Service was excellent too. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food fair serviceNoisyDined on 8/16/2014Good food service was fair no one there to greet us for at least 5 minutes waiter was very slow even after we told him we had theater reservations had had to leave by a certain timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Rio's in Addison (South American Cuisine) reviews archive.
- TommyCDined on 7/25/2014Food was very tasty and the atmosphere was energetic with a good South American vibe. However, the service was well below average, which was very disappointing. My date and I were seated without a drink/wine list. My water was never refilled. Our waiter brought out the wrong kind of wine for my date and he seemed more interested in staring at my date than asking us how our food was, asking if we needed refills, etc. It also took about 15 minutes to ask for the check and then when I promptly placed my credit card there, it took another 15 minutes for our waiter to return. And no, the restaurant was NOT packed, I would only say about 2/3 full, if that.Special Features:
- Loved it!LindaDined on 7/12/2014The food here is outstanding! Such a gem in the suburbs! This was our first visit. Two couples and all four of us want to come again. So many great choices on the menu it was hard to decide. First they bring a South American bread in strips with three types of condiments - all excellent. We had the Bon Bones for an appetizer. The meat was to die for - extremely tender. Our server - I forget his name, I'm terrible with names - was very helpful and patient. We LOVED this place!Special Features:
- A findMdsteinbDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I were delighted to find Rio among a suburban collection of usual suspect chain restaurants -- great Peruvian, Argentinian and Brazilian dishes and a very friendly staff. Also, a great bar.Special Features:
- A great find!MikeVIPDined on 5/30/2014We were looking for someplace interesting near the movie theatre in Addison. Rio's was perfect. Interesting, delicious food. Excellent service. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseJdowns119Dined on 5/23/2014Waiter Chris was knowledgable, and food was wonderful. I totally recommend going tapas style with your loved one for a date night. Seafood ceviche Classico was amazing, we would go back just for that!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!EddyQVIPDined on 5/9/2014This place is easy to miss since it's tucked away in an upscale strip mall on Lake Street across Marcus Theaters. The food and service are excellent. I will be back to try the various items on the menu I did not get to eat during my first trip.Special Features:
- Great food!PerkyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We really loved almost all of our dishes and the one dish with Mahi Mahi in a coconut sauce was replaced without question when we told them it was not to our liking. The dish they replaced it with was wonderful! Thank you for being so accommodating! Service was pretty good, but we did have to ask for bread and water!Special Features:
- Tasty, Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/18/2014My wife is a vegetarian while I'm a carnivore and we always find great plates...full of fresh wonderful flavors! Love this place.
- Great Innovative FoodWineAndDineGirlDined on 3/29/2014A Nice change of pace menu.....Not your run of the mill dishes, but fresh and flavorful....If you have not been...definitely try it....We will be sure to return. Service was Excellent! Knowledgeable and Attentive Server!! :)Special Features:
- Delicious dishes delivered delightMccloud122VIPDined on 3/28/2014The food was very well presented a and definitely delicious. My wife ordered two of the same dishes because she liked it so much. The quality was high and full of flavor. I would definitely return to try the other options. The ceviche was great and the fish with garlic sauce was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin that Rio !StillLovinItDined on 3/22/2014This was the second time we've gone to Rio ! The food is Superb, the Service is outstanding, and prices are reasonable ! We have made Rio, our go to restaurant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014We were looking for a good food and also nice place to go for dinner with a group of Friends on Saturday night in Addison. Thanks to Open Table membership I was able to find pretty new spot Rio's. Snow was falling down pretty hard but after we made it, we were rewarded by very friendly crew, our server needs some more time to learn how to open bottle of wine and then not to serve over people’s heads. But manager steps in and with smirch of humor took over. Food was absolutely delicious and portions are humongous. Only one minus will be noise, we had large group of people next to our table and they absolutely didn't care to come down a little, noise coming from that table was bad bad bad....... But we will go there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Delicious/Service "Iffy"LSidVIPDined on 2/22/2014The first thing we saw when we entered Rio's was the bar. Behind the bar were about 6 people running around, bumping into each other. I comment to my wife that this place may need a "Bar Rescue". Ordered a Caprahina that seemed watered down, since the bartender rinsed the drink tin with soda in order to fill the large glass. My second drink was a Conquistador and they seemed to redeem themselves with that one. Everything that we had from the food menu was fantastic. There was some issues with the temperature of the food that came out. Some of the hot dishes were not very hot. Our waiter, though seeming nervous and inexperienced, was very attentive. Overall experience was very good, just a few service related issues.Special Features:
- Rio'sDavidDined on 2/1/2014Rio's was recommended by friends and I was not disappointed. The cornish hen al fondo was outstanding.Special Features:
- This is the third time werosyleeDined on 1/17/2014This is the third time we had dinner here. It is different for our area, nice, quiet and not the same food as other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperienceRockyDined on 12/27/2013What a great place to wow that special someone! From start to finish. Rio's is an experience that everyone has to try at least one time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty peruvianliquidinerDined on 12/24/2013Great Peruvian/Latin cuisine. everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found itShouldntHaveEatenItAllDined on 12/20/2013We were a little nervous when my wife and I arrived last Friday eve with a friend and the place was pretty empty (usually a bad sign). Granted it was a little later in the eve but I have seen other places much busier at 8:00 PM. We finally ordered our food at 9:00 PM, in that we had given up waiting for another friend who was caught up at work. Please keep in mind I was so hungry my shoe would have tasted good! All three of us have traveled to South America on many medical missions and were very impressed with the quality of the food. The food seemed very authentic and was excellent in taste. We wish them continued success as to hopefully return many times (including with our workaholic friend from Good Sam). The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealGerryVIPDined on 11/25/2013I really enjoyed my meal at Rio. Food was outstanding as well as the service. Too bad I was the only person there. Great flavors you can't find at other places. They brought me some bread to start with three different sauces which were all wonderful. Next they brought out a tiny cup of soup for me to try which was also excellent. Really enjoyed Corte De Entraña Estilo Rio's as my entree. I was in town for business but I will go back for sure next time I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago style ambiance in AddisonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013Finally had a babysitter and decided to go out in the neighborhood for a bite to eat. Went to Rio and was pleasantly surprised. New menu and great service. Had the South American stir fry and the wife had the Tierra y Mar. We both thoroughly enjoyed the night. Calamari was marginal at best. Tasted as if the Chef used frozen calamari and breaded it then fried it for us. Besides the calamari, don't pass Rio up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a terrific findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2013My husband and I are always looking for new places to try. Since neither one of us have ever had South American cuisine before we decided to give it a try. What a gem ! Staff was very attentive, food was very good and wine list was very reasonable. We will definitely be back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2013Been to Rio's several times and the food has always been the highlight with the service taking a distant second, until this time. The food was good as always, but we were pleasantly surprised that the service had finally gotten up to speed with the food. Our server Tony was attentive and knowledgeable, he helped to make this visit to Rio's one of our best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!PerkyVIPDined on 10/5/2013Loved the appetizers here! The food is very different from your usual night out to dinner. Loved the beef tournedos. Service was great. Entrees were also very good. We'll go back!Special Features:
- We were in town for a businessMC82Dined on 10/3/2013We were in town for a business meeting and were pleasantly surprised to find a unique restaurant like Rio's in the cornfields of surburbia! Dinner was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumoDonnaVIPDined on 9/27/2013So my husband found this place using your app and boy did he find a good one. From the hostess, to the bartender, to our server, excellent service. Food was incredible. Do not let the location of being on Lake street in s strip mall fool you. Hidden gem.Special Features:
- South American Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2013This place is a great alternative to the restaurants in the area. The atmosphere food and service take you to South America for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ready for the big leagueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2013Many of the wines on the menu were out of stock and others not on the menu were offered instead at the same price. Our group of 7 were the only patrons in the restaurant between 5pm and 7:30. Service was very slow and there was no flexibility on the menu items. The portions were large. The dessert items were very bad. Ice cream that was melted and tasted like it was in a no frost freezer too long. The flan was like rubber!
- Great new spot, rough parking...Shlim1Dined on 7/27/2013We stopped in at Rio's to try something new. The establishment has been open a few months now, and we wanted to try before there was a chance of closing, as many others in the area have! GLAD WE DID!! Food was great! Service (Chris) was great! It was overall on the high side ($$) for what we had, but not unheard of... would visit again, I hope the community gives them a chance! Parking in front of building is limited, but plenty in back.Special Features:
- Decent....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013The food was pretty good, nothing really special. My server wasn't able to pair wine with my meal so don't expect that. I really liked the decor of the place. My food was good, but I was hoping the flavor would jump from my beef tenderloin more than it did. The pita bread is excellent. It took a really long time for our food to arrive. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantasticJoanVIPDined on 7/18/2013Very interesting menu for food and drinks and the food was great. The service was excellent, but it did take an unusually long time for the entrée to come out. It was fine for us, we were visiting, but others might not like it. It was a wonderful evening though and I can highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaint little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013The food was amazing. Service was slow but the server was knowledgeable and friendly. Fyi there is no kids menu. We took a five year old with us and fortunately she eats a variety. The appetizers were perfect portions for her. Will definitely be back to try other menu items.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackfoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2013We were pleasantly surprised with the food. Everything we had was delicious especially the sauces they provided on the side chimmi churri etc. Unfortunately the service went from bad to worse after we ordered a second round of drinks. We ordered a vodka tonic and a Mojito (their signature drink), the v&t came after about 10 minutes and the Mojito took over 20 minutes. I should note that the servers was knowledgeable and very nice. I WILL however try this place again because the food was so good and I think they can fix the service issues with some training, at least I hope they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fusion of South American/JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013I am not sure if this is an authentic fusion, but very nice place to try something different. Service good, but waiter needed to space courses better. Chicken tamale, exotic salad, rolled chicken dish and shrimp/scallop/steak kabobs were good. (Could have used a little more seafood on the kabob). Interesting vegetable/rice side. Fruit Mojitos made to sweetness request-strawberry/mint light sweetness-excellent. Desert flan a bit denser than the Greek/Mexican version...OK Outside dining was surprisingly nice, not a lot of car traffic in parking lot, so didn't seem to notice....restaurant also looked fun on the inside...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.