2328 Strand Ave
Galveston, TX 77550Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riondos.com/
- Phone: 4096219595x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rico Caminos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom menus created by Chef Rico
- Entertainment: Piano in bar on weekends
A word from Riondo's Ristorante
Riondo's serves a casual lunch and upscale dinner with unmatched hospitality on the strand in Galveston.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Riondo's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
Riondo's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (14)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was average, service very goodTikiIslanderDined on 8/31/2014Disappointed with the Tomato Caprese - was one slice of tomato, one slice of cheese & one slice of eggplant for $9. Ceasar salad was less than exciting. My friend gave the Veal Oscar high ratings. I enjoyed the linguine primavera. Other friend said spaghetti was a bit bland. Overall I would say the food was average but the service was very good, especially for the Galveston strand.
- When in Rome...IslandLawyerDined on 8/30/2014Could have been in numerous cozy restaurants In Rome. Food was superb, service unobtrusive and a relaxing atmosphere. Great place to end the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014It was our first time since it opened. We had high hopes and were quite disappointed. Ambience was lacking. It was loud. Food was mediocre at best. It will be our last time to visit.
- Nice Italian restaurantIslandDiner505Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed eating here with my family. The location is somewhat small but not claustrophobic, with a beautiful interior. We did not order any wine or beer, so I can't speak to that aspect of the menu. The food was quite good, definitely better than average. The gnocchi di spinaci was not quite as flavorful as expected, but the pollo rosa (or something along those lines) was absolutely delicious. The waiters seemed very attentive and professional. I would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Very goodgbwcDined on 8/22/2014The service was superior. The restaurant is beautiful. The food is good, but not great. It is a good restaurant for the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChelseaDined on 8/18/2014We had a wonderful lunch....we will come back and try dinner...Special Features:
- Great new island gem!TexasRicesDined on 8/17/2014We had the daily special - pan seared red snapper with pomadoro and ziti. It was amazing. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked. It was topped with a few fresh crab claws...which was a nice touch. The staff was friendly and the general manager made it a point to stop by our table. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent atmosphere, food, service - will definitly go back!Special Features:
- Galveston FindDennisDined on 8/16/2014It was our first trip to Riondo's and with overseas visitors we hoped for the best. We picked a small table in the old vault which helped a great deal with the noise level. Service was very good, we were allowed time to dine not just eat. The food was excellent, although I felt the caprese salad left something to be desired, the pasta and fish were great. Definitely worth a trip back.Special Features:
- buffalo2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014Good, fresh Italian food, but nothing really special on first visit. Became noisy as evening progressed. Recommended wine choice not very good.Special Features:
- Great StartmrgmscDined on 8/11/2014Our first visit - outstanding food. Freshly made pasta, breads, desserts. We had Veal Piccata, Chicken Piccata, Bananas Foster for dessert. Our server Monica was very helpful and a BOI to boot!! It's on our short list for another visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much needed ambiance in GalvestonQuantumFoamPiDined on 8/6/2014We met the owner about a month ago before they opened and he gave us a tour of the place and loved it. We told him we'd be back once they opened. A month later we had dinner there and the atmosphere and food are some if the best fine dining you will find on the island! We went back two days later to try it again. Both dishes I had were fantastic. The sauce used with the fillet is to die for! I recommend it for anyone looking for a nicer dining experience in Galveston. It's a cut above the spots along the harbor and it's right on the Strand so you can shop before dinner or go hit the bars after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcomed AdditionAXADiningDined on 7/30/2014While only open one week when we dined the staff was well prepared and kitchen was spot on. Riondo's is a welcomed addition to the dining scene in Galveston. We hope that continue to move forward with their endeavor. While we both had pasta to see how well they truly do Italian food (they did very well), I will move to the other entrées next. One off item was the Tiramisu which was a bit dry and not up for the challenge. Owners were very attentive and open for feedback, suggestions and general comments. We will be back very soon for the second bite at the apple, which is the true test - can they perform well two times in a row. By betting is yes they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Galveston!FoodieDined on 7/26/2014Great new Galveston restaurant! Food, service, and ambience were perfect. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I was looking for a new place to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Came across Riondo's on Open Table, thought it was odd that there were no reviews, but the menu looked great so I booked the reservation. We arrived on the fourth day of their grand opening! We will be back! We started with scallops, then mista salad, and snapper with a great pasta. The wine list was nice too!Special Features:
- Luigi's successor?galvdocVIPDined on 7/26/2014Riondo's is yet another Italian restaurant in the same site previously held by Luigi's, and before that, Nash D'Amico's, so it has big shoes to fill. The dining room is still inviting and quiet, with widely spaced tables lending a sense of privacy. Our meal was a mixed bag, but as they are so new I am willing to give them time to even out the kitchen. The special was a fresh snapper with asparagus and portobellos in a panna sauce - it was absolutely divine, with the fish sweet and accented rather than overpowered by the sauce and toppings. The salad sounded fresh and light with a grapefruit vinaigrette, but there was absolutely no tang to the dressing, which was highly salted. The sauteed baby spinach were bitter.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Riondo's Ristorante reviews archive.