Rio Rodizio - Newark
1034 McCarter Highway
Newark, NJ 07102Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Rio Rodizio - Newark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riorodizio.com/
- Phone: 9736226221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30am – 4pm Dinner: Monday through Thursday 4pm – 10pm Friday and Saturday 4pm – 11pm Sunday: 11:30am – 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Brazilian Steakhouse, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Give your guests something to talk about; have Rio Rodizio cater your next event. Weddings, birthdays, tastings, private barbecues, office parties and much more. Be sure to ask about our sushi To Go Party Platters!
- Private Party Facilities: Rio Rodizio private dining rooms are the perfect setting for special tastings, private dinners, intimate parties and corporate functions. Whether the occasion demands quiet professionalism or elegant festivity, every aspect of cuisine, decor, and service will come together with an artist's touch when Rio Rodizio takes care of your special event. Our private rooms come with the proper hookups that will enable you to use your own audio/visual equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Rio Rodizio 9736226221
- Entertainment: Join us Sundays for the lunch special 12pm to 4pm and weekdays for the “Rush Hour Happy Hour” from 4pm to 6pm and other specials such as "Monday Madness" 1/2 price sushi all night, " Guy’s Night Tuesdays " 1/2 price beer all night at the bar, "Girl’s Night Wednesdays " 1/2 price martinis all night at the bar and every Thursday live Brazilian music starting at 7pm. Sunday through Thursday buy one drink and get the second one half off.
A word from Rio Rodizio - Newark
Rio Rodizio is an all-you-can-eat dining experience like no other. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this popular Brazilian, Rodizio-style barbecue, where perfectly seasoned cuts of beef, pork, filet mignon, chicken, ham, turkey wrapped in bacon, and Brazilian sausage are slow-roasted on large skewers. The sizzling cuts of meat and poultry are brought to you and carved tableside by authentic Gaucho chefs. You may choose from as many different seasonings and cuts of meat as you like. Featured meats include beef rib, top sirloin, rump steak, rib-eye steak, flank steak, skirt steak, shell steak, lamb, and more. Every meal is accompanied by homemade, traditional Brazilian side dishes and an extravagant all-you-can-eat 30-item salad bar fit for a king or queen. Rio Rodizio also offers an ala carte menu with traditional Portuguese entrees and a sushi bar where the amazing fresh sushi is prepared to please your taste buds. Also a variety of delicious desserts like freshly made cakes and tarts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio Rodizio - Newark reviews from OpenTable diners
- Only a few types of meat served.PhoenixDined on 8/2/2013Only a few types of meat served. They only offer Rodizio style food/service, no menu or a la carte items. The salad items seemed to have been left unatended for quite sometime. The desserts were dried out. Some of the meats brought to the table were overcooked. The restaurant charged us 15% gratuity although there were only 4 of us. Honestly it will be the only way the staff will receive any tips since they are not attentive. We requested a type of meat and never made it to our table. My wife and I were embarrased since we brought another friend couple with us from Italy.
- The place was nice and theUnhappyDined on 7/20/2013The place was nice and the food was good, however the meat servers only came by one time with one type of meat each. Not everyone at the table wanted it right then and there we figured they would come back. When we saw them come back around the went around our table and never came back, we had to call over to one server & he seemed annoyed. I thought this was strange since not everyone ate yet. We paid our cheek and left. I asked the hostess if there was a limit they returned to the table & he said no many people take a break or decline the first time around. It was very annoying watching every other table being served but ours.Special Features:
- Rio Rodizio No Shortage Of Food!ccr4evrDined on 7/13/2013Rio is a very large salad bar and food buffet as well as a rodizio! The food is good, not great. The meats were cooked well but were not of the highest quality. Still, for the price of $27.95/person it is a very good value nonetheless.Special Features:
- excellentfoodieDined on 6/14/2013First off I had bad expectations, I couldn't be more wrong. The place was very nice and so was the service. Everyone was very pleasing and special service was always given when possible. We wanted all the meat cooked medium, "no problem". The only downside if I had to say there was one would be that there was a party booked in their front room that added to the already high commotion of the restaurant. Definitely a place for a big group. Other than that it was phenominal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2013This is our second time at Rio Rodizio...the quality of the food is good, not great, as is the service and the ambience. We went there only for dinner, not for the night scene. We'd probably go back, but it's not a head-turner kind of place. It was "good enough."
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2013We had a party of 11 for my son's graduation celebration and had a great time. The food was very good and the staff were helpful, yet professional. I would recommend Rio Rodizio to anyone.Special Features:
- bad servicezorroDined on 5/12/2013I do not know if we pick a busy day but the service was bad, at least in our table. there were not menu options.
- Although the restaurant itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Although the restaurant itself was nice the food not so good. The rodizio was plentiful but all the meats were too well done or too rare for us. Everything tasted the same. The salad bar was nothing special no return trips. The desert bar was sad even the flan was too well done and nothing chocolate??? Do not plan on ever going back.Special Features:
- We heard there would be plentykfiorelloDined on 4/27/2013We heard there would be plenty of food so most of us skipped the salad bar (which looked like it included a large variety of salad toppings - although no croutons). There was a hot buffet that included, white rice, yellow rice, shrimp stew, mashed potatoes with cod fish, beef short ribs, beans...this food was mediocre and not hot. But then there was the skewers of meat that were served right at the table, selections included filet mignon wrapped in bacon, lamb, sirloin, flank steak, ribs, sausage and turkey wrapped in bacon and pork loin - All meats were hot and delicious - filet mignon was too well done for our tastes. I was too full for dessert. Overall - we enjoyed the food and would go back again.Special Features:
- The choices in the buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013The choices in the buffet needs work and also the choices of meat. I was given a lot of fatty portions of meat, and the selection was limited in comparison with what they had before the revamp and restaurants in the ironbound. Though what they had was tasty.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2013Always a pleasure, good food, friendly and efficient staff, lots of choices. A wonderful choice for our group of 18, everyone contented.Special Features:
- Everything was great, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Everything was great, except I did notice that hostesses were a bit stressed out and servers a bit lazy. We did enjoy the food, as everything was fresh and tasty, it would have been even better if the waiter took the plates off of our table more regularly instead of just once or twice, because, after all, the 18% service charge was applied to our party of 8, and that is not a small tip. He was a very polite and nice waiter, but as a former waitress myself I know that wasn't the best service he was capable of. We drive to Rio Rodizzio from Brooklyn, because the food is tasty, and we are picky eaters. Our kids also had a good time, because there were things they could eat too, and it was not noisy or claustrophobic.Special Features:
- This was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013This was my second time dining there. We had a group of six. Our only issue was the speed at which the meat was brought to the table. The problem was most of the time there was only 1 individual bringing around the meat (2 at other times). Although lacking in speed the food was delicious.Special Features:
- The food that we got was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013The food that we got was good. We spent a good portion of the time with no servers servimg meat or simply (continually) bypassing our table. The union, nj facility is much better and I would highly recommend that location. I would not dine at Newark again.
- Probably better weekend crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2013Probably better weekend crowd than midweek, it was us (10) and one other table the night we were there. Food was ok, decent selection on the salad bar/buffet. Thought the Rodizio selections were good, a little over salted for my taste. Have been to many Rodizio restaurants and all have placed some veggies or sides on the table, here none. Fairly priced but would not be my first choice with other places nearby.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013Great service, delicious meats ......would go backSpecial Features:
- The selection was mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012The selection was mediocre at best and the restaurant seemed like an old banquet hall that tables were just thrown in.
- Shy awayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/22/2012It was just Ok. For Brazilian steakhouse the meat came out very slowly. It was not impressing and not sure it was worth the money.
- Below AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/11/2012Poor cuts of meat, poor service, not a good place overall. If you have had dinner in a brazilian steakhouse before (like Fogo), your expectations will be squashed when entering this place. If you are in a bind, go - however there are many other options to eat in the Newark area within 2-5 minutes from here that I would reccomend before this place
- Maybe I won't come backDorisVIPDined on 12/1/2012Their heat broke when we got there and it was uncomfortable sitting in the cold for 2 hrs for my birthday. I called in an hr before arriving and had I known, I would not have come here and come back another time. I feel deceived. Food was good mostly, but some things like top sirloin were hit or miss. It was rare or well done meat- nothing in between. Some of the men cutting the meat also were abrupt and not amicable. Makes me not want to come back.Special Features:
- as always the food is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012as always the food is amazing prepared perfectly full of flavor.Special Features:
- Excellent RodizioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Our entire family enjoyed our dinner and the experience. The Sangria was also excellent!Special Features:
- I've been to the other RioMichelleGVIPDined on 11/23/2012I've been to the other Rio Rodizio on Route 22 and I've also been to Plataforma Chiarascura in Manhattan - but I much, much preferred Rio Rodizio in Newark. I thought the staff was very friendly and efficient. I thought the food was great and the atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Their salad bar is much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2012Their salad bar is much better than other rodizio places. This is a good place to unleash your gluttonous appetiteSpecial Features:
- Good...veros925Dined on 11/10/2012I prefer the location in Union because they have a lot more options for meat, and come around a lot quicker. This spot was ok, and the food was pretty good. Really enjoyed the flank steak and dessert at buffet. The sangria at Rodizio is always great too!Special Features:
- Excellent in NewarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012Fantastic alternative to the plethora of Spanish restaurants in Newark, without compromising any quality. Meats were delicious and perfectly grilled. No regrets.Special Features:
- This is not the place forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012This is not the place for a quiet dinner on the weekends. The music at the bad/club downstairs was too loud to enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- My party of 4 decided to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012My party of 4 decided to have an early (5pm) reservation. The restaurant was quiet with just a few other patrons. There was a nice selection of meats that made multiple rounds. I was disappointed there was no grilled pineapple. It took our waiter quite a while to come with the check but otherwise the service was great. The meat came out at a nice pace.
- It was good!2delishDined on 9/29/2012To me this is a mens night out kind of place!! I love my meats but it dosen't seem to be meant much for kids, especailly that "salad bar" unless you child like to eat different types of food!!Special Features:
- All the meats on the rodizioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012All the meats on the rodizio were overcooked, dry, and tough. Our table never got the 13 meat selection. I counted actually 8. I asked the server for a medium filet never to see him again. Overpriced for the meat provided. It was the first time 3 members of our party had been to a brazilian steakhouse and they were not impressed. The buffet table was good and the flan was very good. The only part of the meal that we liked but for the price was too much.
- I really can't complain tooOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012I really can't complain too much about this place. Came on a Saturday night at about 8:30 with a groupon for 4 people. I read all the terrible reviews and was a bit worried about dining here. In the end though, everything was A-OK! The Groupon I had was for $55 for 4 people and a free pitcher of sangria. Short of seeing someone spitting in my food, I would have been a happy camper. I mean really, you can't beat that deal w/ a stick for 4 people. Anywho, we arrived at 8:30 and saw that dining room was a little dead, we sat down and headed straight for the buffet. It was a decent buffet, cold and hot buffet were available. Was it a stellar buffet? No, it wasn't but why would you fill yourself up at the buffet when you've come for the rSpecial Features:
- Best "new" rodizio in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2012Best "new" rodizio in the area. The sangria is amazing, both red and white!! The meat could have come around to the tables faster as they only had one guy serving, but everything that came out was hot and fresh!Special Features:
- More upscale atmosphere thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012More upscale atmosphere than the other local rodizio restaurants. They offer a buffet bar of hot/cold foods in addition to the rodizio service. Overall it was a nice night out.Special Features:
- While it was a good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2012While it was a good place to try, I will not be returning mainly due to the location. I met a few friends for dinner on a Tuesday after work. The traffic on McCarter Highway was downright gruesome both going to and coming from. Since I arrived before my friends, I went to the bar and instantly realized the bartender was new and inexperienced. (But, everyone has to start sometime!) As far as the restaurant itself, there is definitely no ambiance. It is just a place to go if you have a gluttonous appetite and want to be at a food trough! It's actually a great place to go if you have growing teenage boys with ravenous appetites! To give the place credit, the rodizio is tasty and the wait staff attentive on a slow night.Special Features:
- The selction of the meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012The selction of the meats offers a great variety to meet any customer's expectations, plus the simplicity of the flavors makes each bite a delicious experience.Special Features:
- The variety of meats offeredSusanDined on 6/17/2012The variety of meats offered were delicious and perfectly cooked. On the other hand the salad bar was not as good as I would have liked. There were a lot of ordinary dishes, nothing special.Special Features:
- First time food was ok someOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012First time food was ok some of the meats where over or under cooked. the chucken and rice from the buffet the rice was very hard but the selection was not bad. It was worth the price overall.Special Features:
- Stared down by the staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012In short. They kicked us out before we finished our meal because of a ventilation issue. They offered us no suggestion or even attempted to compensate us for our loss of $100 toward a meal we barely ate. The staff was rude and hovered above us complaining about why haven't we left. I sent a complaint by email to the restaurant and have yet to receive a response.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Everything was very tasty. Went for Mother's Day and they were very attentive to my mother. The only complaint is that I had to ask what some of the meats going around were and request that they come to our table because they would go to a few tables and disappear. Ok one more complaint is when I got home I had a call from the restaurant asking why I did not keep my reservation which of course I did , I went to the hostess station gave my name and time and people in my res. and did check in, I call the rest. And told them this. But again had a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food as usual, however,MaelinVIPDined on 5/12/2012Excellent food as usual, however, wish you could just order from the menu. They don't have a menu anymore, all you can eat, not a fan of all you can eat.Special Features: