Rio Rodizio & Sushi - Union
2185 Route 22 West
Union, NJ 07083Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Rio Rodizio & Sushi - Union
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riorodizio.com/
- Phone: (908) 206-0060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: Lunch 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday: Dinner 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm Friday: Dinner 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm Friday: Lunch 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm and Dinner 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm Saturday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm Sunday: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm BAR: Opens 12 pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Give your guests something to talk about; have Rio Rodizio cater your next event. Weddings, birthdays, tastings, private barbecues, office parties and much more. Be sure to ask about our sushi To Go Party Platters!
- Private Party Facilities: Rio Rodizio private dining room is the perfect setting for special tastings, private dinners, intimate parties and corporate functions. Whether the occasion demands quiet professionalism or elegant festivity, every aspect of cuisine, decor, and service will come together with an artist's touch when Rio Rodizio takes care of your special event. Our private room comes with the proper hookups that will enable you to use your own audio/visual equipment. Lower Dining Room (Private): Seats up to 65 people / East Dining Room (Semi-Private): Seats up to 100 people / West Dining Room (Semi-Private): Seats up to 60 people / Sushi Bar & Lounge (Semi-Private): Seats up to 35 people. Entire Upstairs (Private): Seats up to 200 people / Entire Restaurant--Upstairs & Downstairs (Private): Seats up to 260 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rio Rodizio 9082060060
- Entertainment: Join us Sundays for the lunch special 12pm to 4pm and weekdays for the “Rush Hour Happy Hour” from 4pm to 6pm and other specials such as "Monday Madness" 1/2 price sushi all night, " Guy’s Night Tuesdays " 1/2 price beer all night at the bar, "Girl’s Night Wednesdays " 1/2 price martinis all night at the bar and every Thursday live Brazilian music starting at 7pm. Sunday through Thursday buy one drink and get the second one half off.
- Special Events: Rio Rodizio private dining room is the perfect setting for special tastings, private dinners, intimate parties and corporate functions. Our private room comes with the proper hookups that will enable you to use your own audio/visual equipment.
A word from Rio Rodizio & Sushi - Union
Rio Rodizio is an all-you-can-eat dining experience like no other. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this popular Brazilian, Rodizio-style barbecue, where perfectly seasoned cuts of beef, pork, filet mignon, chicken, ham, turkey wrapped in bacon, and Brazilian sausage are slow-roasted on large skewers. The sizzling cuts of meat and poultry are brought to you and carved tableside by authentic Gaucho chefs. You may choose from as many different cuts of meat as you like. Featured meats include beef rib, top sirloin, flank steak, skirt steak, shell steak, lamb, teriyaki chicken and more. Our Rodizio is accompanied by traditional Brazilian side dishes like: rice, beans, fries, fried bananas… And an extravagant all-you-can-eat 30-item salad bar fit for a king or queen. Rio Rodizio also offers an ala carte menu and a sushi bar where the amazing fresh sushi is prepared to please your taste buds. Also a variety of delicious desserts that include freshly made cakes, tarts, and other temptations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio Rodizio & Sushi - Union reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- AwesomeNikyDined on 10/31/2014Great Halloween atmosphere. Thank you for the service. Overall the costumes were genuine and it fit the occasion.Special Features:
- Started out coold but finished hotZWagDined on 10/29/20142 colleagues and I went for an early dinner during the week. Salad bar was outstanding and then the skewers started arriving. The first entire round was overcooked, dry, and disappointing. We were just about fed up and ready to return to the salad bar when the second round began - dishes we'd already tried but looked far more appetizing. We decided to wait thru another round and are glad that we did. The meat wad tender, well seasoned, abs perfectly cooked. We chalk it up to having received the first evening round of skewers perhaps from earlier in the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was lackingJosephDined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately they situated my wife and I in between 2 couples and so we pretty much we're right next to them. We could hear their convos and I'm sure they heard ours. Looking around there were quite a few table setups like this. The salad bar/buffet was very good and comes with the rodizio. They had lots of selections including items I would consider as entrees. The apps we ordered had big portions enough for 3 or 4(gyoza & calamari) the sushi we had was delicious as well. The server was awful. She was not attentive and reason being was she was guaranteed a 15% tip. We waited about 15 minutes just to get the bill. Meat was good. Worth the price they charge but definitely not as good as rodizios I've had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps failing to please!drCC2VIPDined on 9/11/2014I love Rodizio and this is the closest to my home...I have been many times and it is just awful. The place is not very clean. I had the rice and beans in their salad bar, which tasted awful. The plantains were COLD!. The meet is lower quality. Tough! Poor selection...just not as good Rodizio as in other places. Would not recommend it.
- Fun way to Dine.GJKJDined on 8/16/2014this is a nice way to dine with friends and spend time enjoying courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet place on a Monday night!8myladyDined on 8/11/2014Monday night was probably the best time to enjoy a quiet family meal at Rio Rodizio- there were only 3 other tables filled in a large space. The meats offered were outstanding - the service was swift and attentive. The salad bar was iffy. The cold salads looked tired and unappetizing. The hot selections were somewhat better - in fact one member of our group went back for a second helping of the tilapia. The sangria was delicious and they make an excellent mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 551 reviews are from the Rio Rodizio & Sushi - Union reviews archive.
- It was okNJFoodieDined on 6/25/2014The food was ok. It does not compare to Fogo de Chao, a favorite, but ok if you cant make it to the city.Special Features:
- would never go backssharaDined on 5/11/2014First they gave our table away to two different families & two different staff members advised us of this, not sure why since we were on time for our reservation. The table they scrambled together for us was horrible & cramped esp with two kids. Music was too loud. Service was barely there. Also this was our first time here & we didnt know how the menu worked. We asked about kids meals & instead of telling us what was offered in the salad bar area, chicken fingers, which was what we asked for for the kids, they brought an order and charged us for it. Also two adults with us and a toddler had to suddenly leave due to an emergency, they didnt eat or drink anything and the waiter tried to charge us for them. Meat was tough & fatty
- A Good Place to Celebrate!BlessedOneDined on 5/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner and fabulous service. It was a perfect place to celebrate a graduation. Nice atmosphere, for couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a lot better beforemalg9Dined on 4/27/2014My wife loved going there but I took her last weekend and it just wasn't the same they served less meat and the buffet bar was really weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Okay ServiceLUV2DINEDined on 4/4/2014I took my husband out for his birthday. Before hand I let the maitre'd know that it was his birthday and wanted a cake. I ordered the Chocolate Lava Cake which came with vanilla ice cream The Rodizio was amazing, especially the Flank Steak and the Top Sirloin Steak. I had the crab cakes (great) and the ribs (not so great) appetizers. My husband had the Rodizio with the Unlimited salad bar. He only had the meat and skipped the salad bar. The only thing that I think needed improvement was the service. Our waiter took our order and then went MIA for about 20 minutes. My husband never got a plate once the Rodizio started and I had to ask one of the Rodizio servers for my drink refill and to find out where our waiter went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was in from out of town tocmagrpDined on 3/24/2014Was in from out of town to celebrate 2 birthdays. One of my daughters wanted Brazilian. Salad bar buffet was very ordinary with very little salad-oriented items on the buffet (small bowl of chopped lettuce - 2 types- and cucumbers). Had a number of pasta salads ... And creme of broccoli soup! Nothing seemed Brazilian. Meats we're okay. Some salty. Pork tenderloin wasn't good. Dining room felt like we were sitting in a warehouse ... Just a big room that had the lights dimmed (very low). Service was good and they came around often enough. Had a national chain feel to it Wouldn't be in a rush to go back
- So disappointed...PTNJDined on 3/22/2014The hype of this place is probably why I was so disappointed, but I have good reason. Beside the the interior, the place it's self lacked energy. The staff wasn't there when needed, the tables were too close together and the food less then good. There is no variety to the menu, the sign outside says "STEAKHOUSE" but there is no steak on the menu, the sushi has the worst presentation ever, and the sangria is way too sweet and carbonited... please show some style! Sorry, but myself or the seven others with won't be going back.
- Room downstairsDocKladyDined on 3/15/2014We made a reservation for my son's Birthday dinner and were surprised and a little upset to hear we were being sent downstairs since there was no room upstairs. The buffet is on first floor, up many stairs, which my sister in law was unable to navigate d/t bad knees. So as you can imagine, this didn't start off well, BUT we were pleasantly surprised that by the end we all agreed, it was great!! MUCH quieter and our server was excellent!! Food came quickly and abundantly! All in all, a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingherbnurseDined on 3/14/2014this restaurant was so substandard that I could write a 3 page letter. How many salad bars have American cheese slices on an antipasto tray? The cauliflower augratin was not replaced the entire time we were there was old and needed to be replaced. A can of black beans was opened and put in a chafing dish. tilapia was dried out and piled on top of each other. Dessert was a sugar donut.the meat.. overcooked, dried out and unappealing. The lamb was gamey, and the sausage was greasy. The waiter brought the wrong wine and one of the guests were gluten free and no one seemed to understand what that meant. There was much better ways to spend $31.95 per person, not to mentioned wine, tip and tax.Very nice wait staff, though.
- Great food just a bit too fastMlkozakDined on 3/1/2014The food was very good but at times a bit overwhelming. First you have the huge salad bar. Everything look very good so you pile up your plate. Within a minute of sitting down with my salad I had three different pieces of meat on my plate. My advice, don't even bother going to the salad bar. I wound up not eating even a quarter of what I put on my plate. The sushi which was supposed to come out at the beginning of the meal took forever. Although it was exceptional everyone at my table had a hard time finishing it because we were already stuffed. My best advice... Bring your biggest appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterTV1NYCDined on 2/28/2014I like the place but two things stuck in my mind. One, is there any need for the loud music? My noise level rating is do not recall because there is not an option for excessive! Two, why on what seemed to be a slow Friday night did it take 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge our presence after we were seated? Hopefully the next visit will be as good as previous visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAustinDined on 2/14/2014The salad bar is one of kind and will recommend anyone try it. Maître d's were very responsive to our needs as well as making sure we were comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Good food, lots of meat choices although some cuts were on the dry side because its been cooked too long. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2014We had a great night with a TON of food. We got a chance to try a lot of different meats & left FULLSpecial Features:
- GreatDaniDined on 1/25/2014I’m Brazilian and this is one of the few spots that I recommend to eat the Traditional “Rodizio”. The drinks and buffet are very good tooSpecial Features:
- Ok!JovannaVIPDined on 1/10/2014I been in this restaurant before, but my recent visit was OK! The food was cold, my sushi rice felt like it was prepared and put it in the fridge, The rodizzion meat was also cold and look like it was resting the kitchen for a while. For a Brazilian place, i thought i was going to get my mind blowed with the Caipirinas But was still ok! Pretty weird to feel like that on a friday night dinner at a good restaurant, i guess it wasnt A good night for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013My husband and I have eaten here twice before and had much better food. Service was slow and the same meats kept coming around, none of which had any flavor to speak of. Over all, food was very bland and we will not be returning to this restaurant. Moreover, the music was so loud you could hardly hold a conversation. Two thumbs down this time!Special Features:
- OK, but lost its stepGGBShortHillsVIPDined on 11/9/2013We have been going to Rio Rodizio for a few years. We are disappointed to note that the quality of the food and service seems to be going downhill. Hopefully, this is just a second back experience in a row and that the management is aware of the problem. Definitely not on par with the great Brazilian Steakhouses of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family was here to celebrateOskillsDined on 10/22/2013My family was here to celebrate my mother's birthday and we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday!AuntMimiDined on 10/19/2013I chose this place for my husbands birthday. The food was amazing, the staff was super friendly, and they let us sit for as long as we wanted. There was 8 of us, and we just had a ball! I was a little "scared" in the beginning with the meat, but once I got a hang of it...amazing!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soGeorgeDined on 10/12/2013Food basically has no taste.ordered Rodizio but the wait was pathetic. It's a romantic scene but it's to dark to see the menus provided. Nice place but food could b better, salad bar doesn't have enough.Special Features:
- Egh...JnaymanDined on 10/12/2013My partner and I decided to visit this place. I was surprised at how little of a variety this place actually had and the meats were ok. Definitely nothing to write home about.
- Yum!GinaDined on 10/5/2013This was our first experience with rodizio and we LOVED it! We tried everything and it all had such great flavor. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for group partiesChrisDined on 10/5/2013Good service and the Rodizio ultimate is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is inconsistent. CertainJoeNDined on 10/4/2013Service is inconsistent. Certain meats are too well done and dry.Special Features:
- Top Notch Service, Ambience & Food!JwsuckowDined on 10/2/2013I would recommend this restaurant to any one wanting to go to a great place & have a great dining experience! Service & Ambience is really outstanding something to truly recognize! Servers were extremely attentive & professional! Food quality & taste was excellent! Outstanding place with many return visits coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best restaurant in unionjacobi1975Dined on 9/29/2013This is really good restaurant .the food is really good the manager is really good guy and the server is really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My one disappointment wasSlapshotDined on 9/26/2013My one disappointment was that I was told on the phone that the Ultimate Feast included the sushi. In the restaurant, I was informed that it didn't come with the sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodAKANK81Dined on 9/23/2013The meats were all dry and tasteless. The service was not very good.Special Features:
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2013Although this was our first visit it won't be our last! Atmosphere was great, food was terrific, service was good, but got to be a little annoying because there was constant interruptions of food being served and wait staff asking if everything was okay. That being said it was a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdstarmbDined on 9/5/2013My first time dining at this establishment.it was very nice and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceETPHONEHOMEDined on 8/28/2013Went to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and it was the perfect place. Make sure you are very hungry and willing to try different things, if you have not experienced a Brazilian restaurant in the past. If you have picky eaters or if you are not willing to break your diet for the meal then do not even bother! Sangria by the pitcher was fruity and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luved itputisgirlDined on 8/17/2013It was a nice experience. It was very quiet and the ppl were great. Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but.....mattDined on 8/16/2013My wife and I went for the first time. We really enjoyed everything, the salad bar was great, and everything was fresh. Our issue came near the end of our night....I was just about to enjoy my third glass of tea, when I took a sip, and sucked up a piece of glass! Needless to say, that put a huge damper on what was an enjoyable evening. The manager ended up taking 50% off our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.