Rio Ranch Steakhouse
Hilton Houston Westchase
9999 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77042Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Rio Ranch Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rioranch.com/
- Phone: 7139525000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: San Hemwattikit
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have Private Dining Rooms available for 10 to 200 guests.
A word from Rio Ranch Steakhouse
Welcome to Rio Ranch, Texas! We invite you to enjoy our one of a kind Cowboy Cuisine featuring Mesquite Grilled Steaks and Seafood. From our scrumptious Sunday Breakfast Brunch to our private dining rooms, Rio Ranch has something for everyone. Rio Ranch is perfect for business dinners, family celebrations, romantic dinners or just a casual get together. We feature a full service bar, patio dining, a romantic fireplace and cowboy hospitality and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio Ranch Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- IamavisitorDined on 9/2/2014In the past I had pretty good experience in this restaurant, until recent two times. The server did not do a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the food and the atmosphere.. will definitely be going back thereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014This was a group dinner and everyone was pleased with their order. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014we have been there many times but the open table reservation was not nessasary as it would not hold a table after 9 am and it is just open at that time needed around 11am
- Pacific NWOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2014Anthony was our Waiter and was fantastic! He knew the menu and presented it well. Upon his recommendation with the nightly steak special, we tried it and were not disappointed. Kudos to Anthony and the Chef for making a very nice meal and evening.Special Features:
- It has been a few yearsvirginiagVIPDined on 6/21/2014It's been a long time since we last ate at Rio Ranch and that was usually for brunch. Since we'd been given a gift card, we opted to try it for Saturday dinner. It was a 10 minutes before anyone showed up at the hostess desk to seat us. Only 3 other tables were in use. The waiter was cordial enough, but did not bring our wine until our dinner was served. The food was okay, but nothing exceptional. We both ordered salads with a protein. My grilled salmon was good. My husband's smoked turkey salad was basically deli turkey sitting on top of a greens. Overall disappointing, in its heyday I remember the food as being quite good. I hope they've done a better job of keeping the quality of their brunch up. It used to be outstanding.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Rio Ranch Steakhouse reviews archive.
- First timerShmandyDined on 4/21/2014Basically chose Rio for convenience near Hilton and was pleasantly surprised. Nice atmosphere good food good service. If you like steaks that taste like your favorite backyard bar b que, this is the place. I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter @ Rio RanchQuilterDined on 4/20/2014Great for holiday dining. Brunch may be busy, but evenings are great. Our fav place for Mother's Day evening with the family. Will certainly ask for Jerry!Special Features:
- It was okCharlesDined on 2/7/2014Food was ok...service was good...we had never been there before...what we thought was strange was that we were there on Friday night at 7pm and there were on (including us) 4 tables being served???????....pretty strange in Houston, TX
- This has been a business breakfasteatsoutoftenVIPDined on 1/21/2014This has been a business breakfast go to for years. Lunches are plentiful with good selection. Food always above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GroupMariDined on 1/19/2014I went with a group of 15. My reservation was set for 12pm and I arrived at 11:45 just to make sure everything was in place. We got seated closer to 12:15 but I guess it was because they were super busy! My group and I didn't mind though. The food definitely made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST SUNDAY BRUNCHWapTravelerDined on 1/12/2014This was our first "Sunday Brunch" at Rio Ranch. We enjoyed the decor, and the service was excellent. Thought there could have been more choices in the buffet, but what was there was good. Egg station and waffle station did a great job.Special Features:
- Shhhh! Best kept secret inTasteseekersVIPDined on 1/11/2014Shhhh! Best kept secret in Houston. Steaks can hold their own against any steakhouse in town. Plus, sides are included; what a concept! Some items are best-in-class: Wings; to die for. Onion rings - maybe best in town? Something for everyone on the menu. And bottles of secret sauce are right there on the table! Now, don't tell anyone, or everyone will be going there and it will be too busy to just walk in be assured of a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySteakloverDined on 12/30/2013I took my husband out for his birthday, we had a nice evening without the kids.Rio Ranch's staff was very friendly and ready to wait on us, even though we were there early. This was our second time eating there and it won't be our last. The place was very clean and inviting. Sitting by the fireplace gave the night a romantic feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality has slipped in past yeardlcjacDined on 12/21/2013This used to be a nice Houston-area restaurant for special occasions. This time my wife's fish was undercooked (despite asking the server to make sure the fish was fully cooked), and my prime rib was half fat -- we would have sent the food back if we hadn't been with a large party. Plus, prices were too high (compared to our favorite steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse), and the extra charges for minor substitutions were infuriating. All the place is now is a "typical hotel restaurant."
- Company Christmas PartyMyDineDined on 12/6/2013We had our Chistmas party there for a small group. We were put in the side room ( not main dining area) due to a large, noisy party being hosted there. There were about 6 tables in our room , which seemed to be only tended by one waitstaff. This made our order take a bit longer. Others would help him occasionaly. One persons dinner was totally wrong and he had to wait for the correct steak to be brought out. The food was good but not exceptional, except for the appetizers- they are excellent. The table was not bussed after each course. I would go here for lunch again, but probably not dinner and not during the holidays.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch BuffetAlli28Dined on 11/24/2013It was not very crowded and we were seated right away. I went with a large group of friends and we had an awesome time sampling the buffet fare and drinking mimosas! I would reccommend this place to anyone looking for a good Sunday brunch with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & just averageLPotterDined on 10/9/2013The restaurant was loud and the food was just average. The meat temperatures were not as requested. Too expensive for the level of quality. Service was very good, but not worth going back for.
- Food good; service disappointingSpecialPDined on 9/22/2013I come here specifically for the chicken fried steak; I was disappointed it's not offered on Sunday brunch. After telling my server I'd traveled across town just for the chicken fried steak, he made it happen. My one complaint is the decline in customer service. My companion arrived 10-15 minutes prior to me. I was seated for 15 minutes before a server came to check on either of us. In fact, I had to go to the hostess stand to inquire about a server. After our food arrived, we were rarely checked on. We sat on the patio, but there was another table served out there, so I don't know what the problem was. I do enjoy the food, but I'd have to think twice about driving across town again if this is the level of service I can expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration for myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Birthday celebration for my husband !! Drove fromNear Galveston !! Very good desition !! Will go back!!Even got to go for next day, that was well worth it!!Special Features:
- Mediocre service and food at bestTimoustonDined on 4/14/2013The food was okay - nothing to write home about. The unique thing was the waffle cup fruit bowl. Otherwise most of the things were pretty standard. The biscuits was a bit on the sweet side and so was the gravy (it was also lacking in sausages in the gravy). The breakfast taco bar was something unique and the ingredients were fresh. The omelette bar had a good selection of things that you could add to your omelette.. but the omelette was not well made - slightly on the greasy side. The fresh waffle and pancake bar was unique - but the service could be slow at times. Service is one area that was poor... often the cups was empty and the waitress did not come over to the table to pick up the empty plates.Special Features:
- Staple!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013We will drive from Sugar Land anytime to enjoy Sunday brunch. We have been blessed with this treasure for over 15 years:)Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner. ConsistentCiCiVIPDined on 3/16/2013Very enjoyable dinner. Consistent quality food and service.Special Features:
- Really nothing special inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013Really nothing special in my opinion. We were there between 7 and 8 PM and there were only 3 tables of diners. Food was okay, but nothing that would make me make a special trip.
- Good food for the price andLoveseatingoutDined on 3/10/2013Good food for the price and good selection. But service let it down.Special Features:
- Another Celebration!DrinkMoreWineVIPDined on 3/3/2013Always a favorite place to celebrate with the whole family over a Sunday brunch. Food and service are very good and everyone is happy because they get exactly what they want! Thanks for continuing to be our "go to" place for Sunday brunch for our family celebrations!Special Features:
- Food is always excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Food is always excellent. My wife had the bone in ribeye and it was one of the best steaks we have tasted. Good service and a good wine list with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- We went to Rio Ranch to celebratenumber1foodloverVIPDined on 2/10/2013We went to Rio Ranch to celebrate my wife's birthday and truly enjoyed the entire evening from appetizers to the special birthday dessert they provided. We judge a place by the fried calamari if they have it, and it is outstanding at Rio Ranch! Out table had the mahi mahi as well as ribyeye, filet, and beef medallions and shrimp. All were prepared just right and thoroughly enjoyed. The special sauce for the steaks was served on the side instead of spread on the steak and that is how I would suggest getting it. The entrees were nothing short of fantastic and then there came a fresh baked bithday cobbler, ice cream and spoons for all. This reatuarant is defintely worth a visit.Special Features:
- For Sunday Brunch it can'tBigStarDined on 1/27/2013For Sunday Brunch it can't be beat! Food was great tasting and fresh!Special Features:
- First ImpressionAnaMaria17Dined on 1/27/2013It took almost 10 mins to be greeter by out server. Not a good first impression, plus server did not explain the dynamic of the brunch, etc. we had to asked him.Special Features:
- Not as good as usual......Cooker72Dined on 1/26/2013This is a favorite casual restaurant of mine .....usually breakfast or lunch . We went at 10:30am on Saturday....after having coffee, we went to the buffet line.....I felt like it was a little empty....but I know we were late! What was there was good...not great! As usual, the service was great and the ambiance was wonderful!Special Features:
- 5 Hungry Locals.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We found the experience to be somewhat of what we expected it to be. For the number of people dining about 20 total in the place the service was sluggish. We only counted 2-3 waiters/waitresses working the floor. Staffing is short! Pricing was a little over? The ambiance made up for the dilution of everything else. Would we return? The answer is HIGHLY DOUBTFULL. Would we recommend; yes but only as a next to last resort for anybody....Regards; Dave and FamilySpecial Features:
- Decent food, but the placeSteakloverfromKatyDined on 12/28/2012Decent food, but the place was DEAD...... Not sure why so few patrons, because the food was good, and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerRicMoreThanThreeCharsDined on 12/21/2012Dined with two other couples in the front (wine?) room. The prime rib was very good, the chicken fried steak was very large and half had to go home. The service was very good. I understand why Fridays and Saturdays are prime rib nights as there was not a very large crowd; just us and a few other tables. Maybe that's an artifact of being in a hotel. All in all, we have been to dinner with these couples at the Ranch several times; and we will continue going back.Special Features:
- My only issue was the soupHard2ImpressDined on 11/6/2012My only issue was the soup which came with the special - it was cold. Otherwise, blackened red snapper entree was quite flavorful.Special Features:
- Very good steak, wonder service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2012Very good steak, wonder service, decor is great. Had a good time!Special Features:
- Just ok, slow service in anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Just ok, slow service in an empty restaurant, and the food has gone downhill.
- Coolly Rustic with a Good RibeyeMCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 7/21/2012Overall, we enjoyed our evening at Rio Ranch Steakhouse. The calamari was very tender, and the breading was nice and light though on the salty side. Two of us ordered the prime rib, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was wonderfully tender and seasoned perfectly. My husband, who always orders chicken fried steak if it's on the menu, had the chicken fried ribeye. He said that the flavor was good but the breading was too thick; I did notice that when he was finished, he had a rather large pile of breading left on his plate. Mushrooms had a nice buttery flavor. We had 2 servers: one seemed either new or in training, and the one doing the training, was outstanding - very professional and thorough. The hostess was pleasant as well.Special Features:
- The food was only okay. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012The food was only okay. I had grilled shrimp and some of them were chared, beyond cooked plus being tasteless without the sauce that came with them. The balsamic dressing for my salad was very good. The cornbread that was served when we first got there seemed old; dry and crumbly.The worest part was the dust caked on all the decorations. If I had noticed it earlier, I would have left. If the front of the house looks bad I wonder how the kitchen looks.Special Features:
- First time at restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012First time at restaurant and it didn't disappoint. Had the special - peppercorn filet and it was great. Service was outstanding!Special Features: