Rio de Brazil Steakhouse
2411 Mall Drive
North Charleston, SC 29406Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Rio de Brazil Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://riodebrazil.com/
- Phone: 8437449000
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Rio de Brazil Steakhouse
Rio De Brazil Steakhouse is a unique, all you can eat “Churrascaria” featuring a full Salad Bar with over 35 items, Brazilian Hot Dishes and a “parade” of different types of meats sliced at your table by our Gauchos. Along with a full bar, we have a beautiful walk-in wine cellar with fine selection of wines from Argentina, Chile, California and of course, our famous Caipirinha Cart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio de Brazil Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014We all loved it, my daughterinlaw said it was the best resturant she has every been to, food was great, did not get through all the meat survings since we pigged out in the beginning, next time.Special Features:
- Very disappointedTerriDined on 3/23/2014We chose this restaurant based on its published menu. The person I was eating with was on a restricted diet and the selection of protein available looked like it was a fit. To our dismay, on Sunday evening, they were out of more things then they had. I understand this is a less expensive version of another restaurant but it certainly did not meet our expectations.
- Excellent serviceluv4foodDined on 3/22/2014The service was very efficient and friendly. The food was good...meat choices were good. The salad bar was lacking choices to make a salad with much more than lettuce, but did have a nice selection of cheeses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Overall it was a good experience for our large group of 14. However, after initial round of trying all the different meats we had to keep requesting servers to come back to our table even if my card was always on green the entire time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife, friends and I enjoyedBillDined on 3/21/2014My wife, friends and I enjoyed every minute of our meal. I ate until I thought I couldn't walk out of there. The staff and manager were very nice and accomadating. I host Navy functions for visiting VIP's and you can be assured Rio is on the top of my list for our next dinner. I will definately be back. Bill StevensSpecial Features:
- Not the worst place in townlianekayeDined on 3/16/2014Went on a rainy Sunday afternoon--the weather must have kept people away because the restaurant was empty. Greeted fairly promptly and seated against a wall. The food was so-so; I would have felt better if we paid $15 per person (or less) rather than $30 each. Service was poor--waiter checked on us once and then was MIA for the rest of the evening. We had to flag down a hostess to get drink refills and our check (we did see him paying close attention to a larger party, though--working on that tip!). For a slow night the service was inexcusable, but at least we tried the place.
- Rio de BrazilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The staff overloaded us in the beginning, then ignored us the latter half of the meal. It felt like a strategy of management, because the waiters would simply walk by the green token at the end. It was frustrating to have to speak up. We were not overly crazy in our serving sizes, and saw no need to be 'managed' in an all-you-can-eat environment. Some meat, chicken and pork, was overcooked and dry, but most was very good. The pinapple was unbelievable. The cold bar was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure I will return.TracieDined on 3/1/2014I had heard so much about this place. So last weekend (Sat) we came in at 530 we had reservation. I was so disappointed. There was a great salad bar but at $31 I thought the meat would be better. It was all well done and very dry. We had friends with us and they thought the same. I asked about the meat being med rare and they kept bringing well done. Now as the night went on the resturant became more packed and the meat came out more and more looking better. But by then we had been there for a hour and no longer hungery.( 3 trips to salad bar) Just not what I thought after driving for 45 minutes to get there. Maybe if we had gotten there at 7 we would have had better meat. Tracie Mason
- Quiet Night, Great Servicemkarsten1982Dined on 2/24/2014It was definitely a slower night, but the service was outstanding. Obviously, its meat on meat on meat....Like a meat tornado. But the service was outstanding, and if I could, I would give it more than 5 stars.Special Features:
- Not happyRevieDined on 2/23/2014We went to Rio de Brazil hoping for a Brazilian steakhouse closer to home than Myrtle Beach or Columbia. Unfortunately, this is NOT it! We only really saw 4 cuts of meat, one of which was the flank steak that every one raved about. It truly was good. However in spite of asking for the others they never appeared. So the $34 price tag was very pricey. The salad bar was OK,however, it was picked over and many of the bowels were empty. When we arrived they were not busy. So we thought our service would be exceptional, but We very rarely saw our server. So the other server would appear periodically to remove our dirty dishes, but wouldn't bring us anything like drinks, etc. Overall, we were very disappointed and will never return!
- Quiet and Good Food, a bit PriceyChewyChubsDined on 2/22/2014The food was really good. The atmosphere was pretty quiet and comfortable. Def a casual dining experience. A bit pricey at $32/person. That does include the salad bar too. Service was adequate. The server didn't check on us very often. The Gauchos were very knowledgeable and helpful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What no cajun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014The food was absolutely delicious, and although there was definately a New Orleans influence to the dishes prepared, I was dissapointed not to see some etoufee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant might havevbnativeDined on 2/17/2014This restaurant might have been good at one time but we have nothing good to report about it. It was my wife's first time to a Brazilian Steakhouse and to say it was disappointing is an understatement. The place was empty on a weekend.(red flag). We were one of three tables at 8pm. The food bar was nearly empty and contained mostly salad. The meat came around infrequently, was over cooked and so tough we were not able to eat most of it.. We were there for 45 mins and noticed that we were the only ones left. They turned the music off because "they didn't see us" and the staff began eating at the food bar. They weren't even eating the meat.This restaurant is yesteryear at best. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR $$.
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014We had a great experience at Rio de Brazil. The food was great and the service was wonderful! I would recommend this to anyone looking for an exciting night out or someone who wants to try something very different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raw chicken, never going againtidubDined on 2/15/2014I took my mother to Rio De Brazil for her birthday, what a huge mistake that was! The restaurant is dark, dingy, and depressing. The waitress was the biggest asset they had, she even knew how the gauchos should be cutting the meat and making their rounds. It's pretty sad to have a butchered piece of raw unseasoned meat (even worse the chicken was RAW!) served to you. My family is Uruguayan, I know what good rodizio is. We moved from New Jersey, and Newark is full of great rodizio places. Rio De Brazil needs to properly train their gauchos on how to cut the meat, have a method to where they are going throughout the restaurant, season the meat properly, and redecorate. And to add insult to injury, my brother and I were both charged TWICE!
- Awesome place to fineGuambombDined on 2/15/2014Went for my first time, the day after Valentines. We reserved and were seated right away and greeted by a friendly staff. We enjoyed the food and the ambience. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go to this place againJerryDined on 2/14/2014I will go to this place again but never again on a busy day such as Valentines Day. Apparently people tend to keep their table longer so the average expected wait time in their reservation system is way off. We had a 9:00pm reservation and did not get seated until after 10pm. The purpose of a reservation system is so I don't have to stand for an hour waiting for a table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedAlaurableDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservations here for Valentine's dinner and waited an hour past our reservation time before we were seated. After we were seated, it took at least 15 minutes before the gauchos even came to our table. And even then, they would skip over our table and go to ones next to us. The food was tasteless. The table next to us was 2 parents and their 3 children. The mother was constantly screaming at the children. We left before we even tried all of the meats. My husband had to actually spit some of it out because it was so bad. We had heard such great things about this place and were extremely disappointed in the service and quality. We would have asked to speak with a manager and refused to pay, but we just wanted to get out of there.
- Never again on a holiday.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Valentines day reservations at 8:00, we were seated at 9:05. Why make reservations? I had flowers delivered to restaurant through an ad on opentable and it took me asking 3 different people to get them. My wife got her silverware when seated but mine were MIA for at least the next 20 minutes. Towards the end everything was starting to turn around turning out to not be as bad. Today I looked online at my statement and they charged me TWICE for the mediocre expierence. The food was great but that is the only thing!
- Seriously disappointedflagg328Dined on 2/14/2014Where to begin.I made reservations 12 days before V-day for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th Valentines together at 8 pm. We arrived at 7:30 expecting a slight delay so we wanted to make sure we were early. We arrive and the line was about 40 people deep of people w/o reservations. My wife and I waited for what seemed like an eternity. We were not called until 8:45. The whole time we were waiting we watched people who didn't make reservations get seated before us. After we are called we get seated in a semi quiet corner and our waiter was cordial and took our drink orders. The salad bar was average. We then had to wait till 9:30 till the "Gauchos" finally realized that we had not been served one piece of protein. The night was ruined.
- Good foodKevinDined on 2/14/2014Food was great. Although very busy for valentine's we were seated only 20 minutes after our reservation time and we had reserved at the last minute. Service was great at first, but slowed way down after our first round, but it was valentine's this was somewhat expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst reservation experienceDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation because my boyfriend was dying to try a Brazilian steakhouse. When we showed up for our reservation the line was out the door. No employee was anywhere to be seen....the people in line said they all had reservations & had not been greeted. Their reservations were 1/2 hour before ours. I have a baby & made special arrangements so I could enjoy the evening & what a disappointment!!!!Special Features:
- Ruined Valentine's Day!LylaHarperDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouses. We have loved them all, some more than others, but it is always a solid choice for a romantic evening. Not this time. We made reservations through Open Table over a week in advance, we were coming in from out of town and knew it would be difficult to just drive around looking for something on Valentine's Day that wasn't booked solid. We arrived and immediately second guessed our choice. It was very 'cheap chain' looking. When we went inside we were greeted with a line about 50 people long, and not a server or host in sight. After waiting ten minutes we heard people in front of us complain they had had reservations for an hour before us and were still waiting. We left.
- Great Food but Long WaitMKBCHSDined on 2/14/2014I will preface this review with stating that we visited this restaurant on Valentine's Day, which likely explains the overwhelming number of patrons that evening. Upon arrival, we were not greeted by a hostess. In fact, there did not seem to be anyone in charge of the front of the house. Everyone lined up, although almost all of us had reservations. We had to wait an additional 40 minutes in line before we were seated. Things improved drastically once a hostess showed up at the restaurant. The food was a different ball game. This was our first experience dining at a Brazilian steakhouse. It was a great experience! The various meats were delicious! The salad bar and hot bar were tasty, too! Tasty food...needs more organization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions..BuckeyeDined on 2/14/2014Like they say, first impressions are lasting ones. Hostess was not very organized and slow. Yes it was Valentines day, but they shod have been better prepared for it. The meat was flow coming around and some never got honour table. It was like they could not remem er were they stopped serving the last time they came out with meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Time ExperienceMPFoodieDined on 2/14/2014The appetizer bar was very good and offered a wide variety of interesting items to try. The hot food sides bar was blase. The meats that we were offered were tasty with the exception of the chicken, which was dry. I suggest sitting in main dining room as we were often forgotten in the side room and had to keep asking our waitress to have the gauchos come to our table with meats. I have tried it and checked off that block but wouldn't go back unless invited by other couples who want to share the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicioiusLiamsmommy0703Dined on 2/13/2014I've always wanted to try a Brazilian Steakhouse and I was no disappointed. The food was fantastic and there was plenty of it. I was a little disappointed with the service from the servers and the overall look of the restaurant but the food definitely made up for it; and the gauchos (who serve the meat) were very friendly. Great date night location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary nightmaverick351Dined on 2/8/2014we arrived about 10 minutes earlier than our reservation but we were seated right away. the drink orders were taken immediately and we went to the bar for our sides. everything was great! the only complaint would be the waiting on the staff to bring the meats. there were several times we were passed by and our plates were empty. we still love the place and intend on going back soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedHappywifeDined on 2/7/2014Service was great! Food not so much! Reasonably priced for the huge amount of food - 16 servings of meat! Really??? Who could eat that?? Most of the meat we did sample was overcooked and tasteless. If it had any taste at all, it was salt. Great salad bar with nice selection of fresh and tasty items. Great desserts. It was my husband's birthday so I was hoping for a more enjoyable experience. Won't be going back.
- do you want to eat, eat, eat!foodloverDined on 2/6/2014Enjoyed it All food prepaired well. Salad bar outstanding. Service excellent. Too much food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityDine14Dined on 2/1/2014The quality of meat used was horrible. Most of the meat was not tender and very chewy. The meat was also very salty. For the price I expected a higher quality. If anyone wanted to go there I'd recommend the salad bar and not the meat portion. It wasn't worth it!
- Different dining experienceEdj1Dined on 2/1/2014I'm big on service; service slow in the beginning but improved tremendously throughout the night! It was my husband's birthday and we wanted to try something different. We had a great time and will certainly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Brazilian restaurant,DaveDined on 1/25/2014For a Brazilian restaurant, was okay. The meats were slow to come to the table, and the sides were not replaced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is nice as everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014The place is nice as everything is designed neatly. The servers are fast and alert. The food is good. Appetizers and dessert are yum but the meats are not cooked well. Some are too rare while some are overcooked. I also think the buffet is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDiZimDined on 1/19/2014Always a good time with good food here! Love the people who run the place, the Gauchos, waitresses, managers. Food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjimpDined on 1/18/2014The food and service were very good. Great selection of meats available; salad bar was very diverse and of excellent quality. Drinks were not overly expensive. We took 3 other couples who had not been there before and they all loved it. We'l all be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining with friendsdining4Dined on 1/17/2014The buffet was fair would like a better salad bar and more greens the sides weren't very interesting the variety of meats came way too slow there were cuts we never were offeredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerBristowWineLoverDined on 1/16/2014We were excited to visit as we have been to many Brazilian style Steakhouses around the country. Upon pulling into the parking lot we were disappointed. The building was very nondescript and did not present a welcoming feeling. When we entered the restaurant we were greater by a very nice lady who quickly showed us to our seats. The waitress quickly took our drink order but we were surprised to learn that the house Riesling was not available nor was Yuengling (as advertised on the menu). The salad bar was unkept and they were out of the rice. Overall salad bar quality was fair. Then Gauchos were less than professional and provided poor customer service. Of the 16 meat selections offered we only were offered 9 and the flavor was poor
- Simple OutstandingTripleLDined on 1/12/2014I decided to take my wife on a date. I remember the restaurant in San Antonio. I was told there was one here in Charleston. We made the reservation. All we can say is "Outstanding". From the time we arrived until we left...the food we well cooked with right spices. The service from our waiter was outstanding too! The whole staff to include the people who service was very energetic to ensure we were having a good time. Thanks! I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great Experience...Julie8Dined on 1/11/2014Due to a rain storm, called to come in earlier than reservation. No problems. Service and food were great. Very satisfied with all the options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.