Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
689 Denman St
Vancouver, BC V6G 2L3Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riobraziliansteakhouse.ca/
- Phone: (604) 568-7722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Diner: Sunday- Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, South American, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Felipe Ramos
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide selection of menus and services to entretain any function. Please inquire with manager about catering
- Entertainment: Brazilian regional dancers on the weekend and Capoeira dancing
A word from Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse offers a continuous table side service (rodizio) with a large variety of delightful cuts of Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork, Fish, among other exquisite selections. At your table you will receive complimentary `Pão de Queijo` (Brazilian cheese bread), French Fries, Vinaigrette and Deep fried Banana to accompany your choices and taste. Available for your pleasure also is our incredible fresh and modern salad bar and hot buffet with daily chef creations that you are welcome to serve yourself as much as you please. Guests control the flow of meats just by using the double sided card provided at your table. Green means Yes! More meat, while Red means No, I"ve had enough. When you are ready for more, just flip it back to green and our servers will be happy to serve you more. A selection of traditional Brazilian desserts are also available to complete your experience at Rio. We also offer a progressive regional Brazilian tapas menu from 3pm - 5pm. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing place once in awhile!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Had an amazing time, great cuts of meat. And so much food! Never once felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Good variety of meat that comes to your table. Friendly and polite staff. One and only criticism would be that steamed veggies would be nice addition to the hot buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dining ExperiencejsogallaDined on 11/8/2014I really enjoyed eating here. It was my first time trying Brazilian food and the meats were juicy and delicious, the buffet selection was phenomenal and the desserts were incredibly good as well. I had a great time and was very impressed when the Samba dancers performed. I really enjoyed the experience at Rio as did the rest of my party. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- good placeHeshamDined on 11/6/2014The place was good but they need more variety The staff was very nice and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotfrugalcariDined on 10/26/2014We had a great evening. But we warned...go hungry -- um very hungry because you'll eye out the salads and not be able to resist them, and then you'll spot the hot cooked stuff like...mussels, prawns and salmon (just to mention a few) and then they'll bring these divine small cheese breads and heavenly fried bananas to your table. And by now you've already over-eaten and the fun has only just begun because an ever efficient and friendly staff bring you delectable meats of all kinds from pork, to lamb, to beef and chicken (hearts and wrapped in bacon) in a never-ending stream...and it's all delicous. And whatever you do do leave room for their pineapple which is just amazing.Special Features:
- Meatlovers uniteelmoDined on 10/25/2014As with most Brazilian steak houses, you go there for the meat. They have good meat, and some special cuts that are difficult to find at other places, for example beef ribs. Buffet is extensive. I assumed we would tell our server how we wanted your meat cooked, and they would only bring you meat cooked to your liking. Here you had to tell it to every person that came around with meat. This could be a little annoying. It was really busy, and it could a long time for a specific meat to come by, but the good thing is you can ask for a specific meat and they will send that to you. Don't postpone your visit for the live entertainment. From our seats you couldn't hear the music and you couldn't even see both dancers at the same time.Special Features:
- Overcooked and under-seasonedaaaaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The service was extremely slow, the meat was invariably overcooked and under-seasoned. This is not what Brazilian barbecue is all about. This place is on the lower end of Brazilian steakhouses in Canada, I won't be coming back.
- Good price/ good food!PriViannaDined on 10/13/2014Rio has an excellent price, and the food is very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a large grouptrisha1851Dined on 10/11/2014I visited recently with a group of 18 people. I have to say that the service was amazing. Anything we asked for was attended to very quickly and when it came time to settle the bill (which is often times a nightmare with groups) or server couldn't have made it more easy. I would definitely recommend Rio for large group events. The value is good and the service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIM!sarabechanDined on 10/6/2014I actually really enjoyed my experience here at Rio, the food was oh so good! Well, mostly the meat, I mean the salad bar buffet was nice but I prefered the meat more! It was a great night celebrating my father's birthday and I was more than glad coming here to eat. I got recommended to this place by my grandmother when she went on her birthday last month here and obviously she loved it! Good work guys!Special Features:
- awesome!jexxDined on 10/6/2014We had such a great time celebrating my friend's birthday, the food was delicious, and the service was good, just a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFood2foodDined on 10/3/2014Staff were friendly and prompt. Meet was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ ExperienceILoveBBQDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and loved it! Service was top notch, very attentive and everything was explained well. Restaurant was clean and laid out well, no shortage of food thats for sure. The meats were well prepared and a nice variety. Definitely going back and bringing a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighting needs changinggstarrDined on 9/13/2014This place was great fun with nice food but the spotlights in the main dining room are blinding and made it characterless and cold. The bar area is nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good funforthegoodtimeDined on 9/6/2014I have been several times and am never disappointedSpecial Features:
- a good replacement of sambaRJungDined on 9/5/2014although difficult to understand the english sometimes, i appreciated the authentic experience of being immersed in a culture different than here. I think it would also be nice to have a list of the kinds of meats that are provided/available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptableTonyDined on 8/31/2014Lacking of bread of cheese at lunch is an unbelievable thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTruckiDined on 8/20/2014Not much meat diversity, low quality of most meats, greasy salads - not what I was expecting
- Amazing ExperiencedchesiniDined on 8/19/2014Everything was outstanding since the moment I arrive, till the moment I leftSpecial Features:
- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Buffet was awful and the price was high, restaurant atmosphere was so noisy
- Promising concept lacking heartblindfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Parking was confusing, waitress was nice, the two fellows cutting meat, one was ok (got the idea that it was to be sliced thin) one was very bad, so bad it ruined our experience. On the plus they were both nice but untrained and lacking heart. Most of the meat served that night was way over cooked and dry, the lamb had poor marination (off the shelf greek spice). The salad bar had a strange selection of accoutrement noodle selection, vinegary salads, flavourless salsa, just plain unfocused.
- Fly in th drink!!!!!LinaDined on 8/8/2014Disgusting!!! In my favorite drink i found FLY......at that moment i have changed mind to come back to that restaurant. The waiter handled situation fine, but instead of offering us a free drink.....would be better to offer desert...Food was great. Service is fine too, i think servers should not say - I am sorry, Excuse me - after single world. Show was ok, but honestly i can dance better samba, just need an outfit. That place can rock! and have more people with right marketing tips!Special Features:
- Just wonderful:)Gaucha2014Dined on 8/8/2014I went to RIO Brazilian Steakhouse for the first time last Friday night. It was just wonderful...The food was delicious, the service was great, the drinks amazing. I am from Brazil, and I have been to a few Brazilian Steakhouses in Canada since I moved here, but nothing compares to RIO!!! If you are Brazilian you will feel at home there, if your are Canadian or from any other country, you will love it!!! Congratulations to the owner and to the amazing servers and dancers:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!Foodsmiles13Dined on 8/4/2014My friends and I had an amazing experience at RIO! Everything was phenominal! The food, the ambiance, the service, etc!! I thoroughly recommend going there & I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable Food and Pricebug2014Dined on 8/1/2014I didn't expect it to have the same quality as the steakhouses in Brazil but this place got close to it. Some cuts were very good but inconsistent, first time they come it would be really tender and juicy but second time it would be already dry. Overall it was worth the experience and would come back when I miss the Brazilian way of having barbecue.Special Features:
- Californians love Rio!CAWatson4Dined on 7/30/2014Visiting Vancouver on a family vacation. The service at Rio was outstanding. The food was top notch. Fun place to experience Brazilian style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Not what I expected. Although the staff was friendly it took a long time to get a drink. The salad bar had a great selection. The decor and ambience was boring. I expected loud music and a vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:
- No Banana or Creme de PapaianotgoDined on 7/27/2014I like the food. But I believe the sides like we have in Brazil. I went alone, and they brought 1 single small cheese bread, and a small banana, I ask for more banana and the waitress said they don't have anymore, I went for Dinner at 8:00 p.m. how they can let this happing? knowing I did reservation? disappoint!!! Then I ordered a dessert : Papaya Cream, again the waitress said they don't have it.... another disappointed! I will rethink if I will come back there, right now I can tell for sure I will not!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Rio Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- A good dinning experienceBellaDined on 7/25/2014I was overall impressed with the salad bar, hot food & meat sellection at first. Everything was tasty and fresh, except for the Pineapple salad. I told the server that the pineapples in the Pineapple salad was off and she gave me this funny face as if she didn't believe me. She said she would check with the kitchen and I didn't hear from her again. I had my husband taste one tiny piece of pineapple and confirmed to me that it was bad. I would have given this restaurant a 4 or 5 star rating if not for the server not followup with this problem. All other staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- DeliciousAlabasterDined on 7/19/2014I was very happy with the choices. I always had sort of meat on my plate at all times. The salad bar was fantastic and had a lot of choices. I was very full at the end but had to have one last deep fried banana, it was so good. The drinks there were also really well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaysmalleaterDined on 7/19/2014I wish the exact price was on their website. If it weren't for my nephew visiting I would not have gone. It was good to experience it but since I really don't eat a lot I feel that I didn't eat $31 worth of food.Special Features:
- memorable last day of tripshainaDined on 7/19/2014I brought my parents to the resto on our last day of trip in Vancouver. great yum foods, thick slices of meat, wonderful smiles of servers.. If there is one thing that I want them to improve is.... the foods were a little salty. But overall, the experience was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed (food) fansFoodie4lifeDined on 7/14/2014We have been to Rio a few months prior & enjoyed ourselves. This time we didn't. The Pros -the service is fantastic & the servers are not only friendly, polite & constantly bringing you meat to try, they're cute too! The venue is huge & has a great outdoor patio & dancers that keep you entertained. The CONS - the food this time round was just poor. The salad bar was VERY weak. The tomatoes looked like they were reused from lunch/dinner, & the spinach & cucumbers looked old. The server claimed it was because the vinegar was strong - that was NOT the reason. It was just OLD/BAD. The meat was extremely salty & the chicken was reheated from their lunch probably. Long story short, 2/5 of us got ill the next day. Sadly, we won't be returning.Special Features:
- excellent service and foodcarlos6Dined on 7/13/2014Great food. Great service. Lots of room and kids friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There and back againFoodiesortaDined on 7/12/2014So, went to Rio a few months ago. The experience wasn't stellar. We returned last weekend because a family member was dying to go. In short, it was dam good. I wish they would return to a more exotic salad bar, but with a bit of creativity, you can still create a decent veggie plate to go along with the meat fest. Selection of meats, service and atmosphere were spot on. Would I return again willingly? For sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expecteddineoutfamilyDined on 7/2/2014We visited a Brazilian Steakhouse a year ago and LOVED it! We were very excited about trying Rio and while the food was adequate, our first experience with a steakhouse of this nature made this experience seem a bit sub-par. The meat they shared at table was not seasoned that well, aside from the sirloin, and the salad bar was small in comparison to what we expected. The grilled pineapple was delicious! We were put off by a smell created by what we assumed a sour mop upon our arrival [as floors were wet and it was our best guess] and the restaurant didn't seem very clean overall. There are so many lovely restaurants in Vancouver that I doubt we'll revisit Rio but our kids felt welcome and enjoyed the experience and the food was OK.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Tourist trap - service was appalling, meat was tasty when they finally came around.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We loved this unique dining experience. Its great to be able to try a variety cuts of meat, chicken, lamb, sausage, grilled pineapple all included in the one price. The concept of the servers providing the samples of the variety of meats is definitely a great dining experience. And the buffet alongside is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherNunuDined on 6/20/2014I was expecting a more exciting place but walked into a regular place with a setting even less inviting than a diner and very mediocre food. What is the big deal about the grilled pineapple? Just a warm grilled pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon. There was no excitement of how one should feel being in a Brazilian restaurant. The samba dancers ....meh. Sorry, I wouldn't go back.
- salry meatWorldCup4EnglandDined on 6/15/2014previously was there for dinner.. .and dinner was much better for nenu and service.... dont know if its because it was fathers day and world cup..... Meat was not offered in a timely manner, Buffet selection was not replaced even basic item such as orange was not replaced.... We requested for water numerous times and they wouldnt give us a jug... We ended up serving ourselves by taking a jug from the bar, and another large table did the same.... We were required to tip 15% as we had a group larger than 6....so maybe they didnt have to work for a tip as they were getting one anyways??? I would only recommend dinner based on this experience...