Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
689 Denman St
Vancouver, BC V6G 2L3Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riobraziliansteakhouse.ca/
- Phone: 6045687722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Diner: Sunday- Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, South American, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Felipe Ramos
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide selection of menus and services to entretain any function. Please inquire with manager about catering
- Entertainment: Brazilian regional dancers on the weekend and Capoeira dancing
A word from Rio Brazilian Steakhouse
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse offers a continuous table side service (rodizio) with a large variety of delightful cuts of Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork, Fish, among other exquisite selections. At your table you will receive complimentary `Pão de Queijo` (Brazilian cheese bread), French Fries, Vinaigrette and Deep fried Banana to accompany your choices and taste. Available for your pleasure also is our incredible fresh and modern salad bar and hot buffet with daily chef creations that you are welcome to serve yourself as much as you please. Guests control the flow of meats just by using the double sided card provided at your table. Green means Yes! More meat, while Red means No, I"ve had enough. When you are ready for more, just flip it back to green and our servers will be happy to serve you more. A selection of traditional Brazilian desserts are also available to complete your experience at Rio. We also offer a progressive regional Brazilian tapas menu from 3pm - 5pm. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointedTruckiDined on 8/20/2014Not much meat diversity, low quality of most meats, greasy salads - not what I was expecting
- Amazing ExperiencedchesiniDined on 8/19/2014Everything was outstanding since the moment I arrive, till the moment I leftSpecial Features:
- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Buffet was awful and the price was high, restaurant atmosphere was so noisy
- Promising concept lacking heartblindfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Parking was confusing, waitress was nice, the two fellows cutting meat, one was ok (got the idea that it was to be sliced thin) one was very bad, so bad it ruined our experience. On the plus they were both nice but untrained and lacking heart. Most of the meat served that night was way over cooked and dry, the lamb had poor marination (off the shelf greek spice). The salad bar had a strange selection of accoutrement noodle selection, vinegary salads, flavourless salsa, just plain unfocused.
- Fly in th drink!!!!!LinaDined on 8/8/2014Disgusting!!! In my favorite drink i found FLY......at that moment i have changed mind to come back to that restaurant. The waiter handled situation fine, but instead of offering us a free drink.....would be better to offer desert...Food was great. Service is fine too, i think servers should not say - I am sorry, Excuse me - after single world. Show was ok, but honestly i can dance better samba, just need an outfit. That place can rock! and have more people with right marketing tips!Special Features:
- Just wonderful:)Gaucha2014Dined on 8/8/2014I went to RIO Brazilian Steakhouse for the first time last Friday night. It was just wonderful...The food was delicious, the service was great, the drinks amazing. I am from Brazil, and I have been to a few Brazilian Steakhouses in Canada since I moved here, but nothing compares to RIO!!! If you are Brazilian you will feel at home there, if your are Canadian or from any other country, you will love it!!! Congratulations to the owner and to the amazing servers and dancers:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!Foodsmiles13Dined on 8/4/2014My friends and I had an amazing experience at RIO! Everything was phenominal! The food, the ambiance, the service, etc!! I thoroughly recommend going there & I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable Food and Pricebug2014Dined on 8/1/2014I didn't expect it to have the same quality as the steakhouses in Brazil but this place got close to it. Some cuts were very good but inconsistent, first time they come it would be really tender and juicy but second time it would be already dry. Overall it was worth the experience and would come back when I miss the Brazilian way of having barbecue.Special Features:
- Californians love Rio!CAWatson4Dined on 7/30/2014Visiting Vancouver on a family vacation. The service at Rio was outstanding. The food was top notch. Fun place to experience Brazilian style dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Not what I expected. Although the staff was friendly it took a long time to get a drink. The salad bar had a great selection. The decor and ambience was boring. I expected loud music and a vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:
- No Banana or Creme de PapaianotgoDined on 7/27/2014I like the food. But I believe the sides like we have in Brazil. I went alone, and they brought 1 single small cheese bread, and a small banana, I ask for more banana and the waitress said they don't have anymore, I went for Dinner at 8:00 p.m. how they can let this happing? knowing I did reservation? disappoint!!! Then I ordered a dessert : Papaya Cream, again the waitress said they don't have it.... another disappointed! I will rethink if I will come back there, right now I can tell for sure I will not!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good dinning experienceBellaDined on 7/25/2014I was overall impressed with the salad bar, hot food & meat sellection at first. Everything was tasty and fresh, except for the Pineapple salad. I told the server that the pineapples in the Pineapple salad was off and she gave me this funny face as if she didn't believe me. She said she would check with the kitchen and I didn't hear from her again. I had my husband taste one tiny piece of pineapple and confirmed to me that it was bad. I would have given this restaurant a 4 or 5 star rating if not for the server not followup with this problem. All other staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- DeliciousAlabasterDined on 7/19/2014I was very happy with the choices. I always had sort of meat on my plate at all times. The salad bar was fantastic and had a lot of choices. I was very full at the end but had to have one last deep fried banana, it was so good. The drinks there were also really well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaysmalleaterDined on 7/19/2014I wish the exact price was on their website. If it weren't for my nephew visiting I would not have gone. It was good to experience it but since I really don't eat a lot I feel that I didn't eat $31 worth of food.Special Features:
- memorable last day of tripshainaDined on 7/19/2014I brought my parents to the resto on our last day of trip in Vancouver. great yum foods, thick slices of meat, wonderful smiles of servers.. If there is one thing that I want them to improve is.... the foods were a little salty. But overall, the experience was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed (food) fansFoodie4lifeDined on 7/14/2014We have been to Rio a few months prior & enjoyed ourselves. This time we didn't. The Pros -the service is fantastic & the servers are not only friendly, polite & constantly bringing you meat to try, they're cute too! The venue is huge & has a great outdoor patio & dancers that keep you entertained. The CONS - the food this time round was just poor. The salad bar was VERY weak. The tomatoes looked like they were reused from lunch/dinner, & the spinach & cucumbers looked old. The server claimed it was because the vinegar was strong - that was NOT the reason. It was just OLD/BAD. The meat was extremely salty & the chicken was reheated from their lunch probably. Long story short, 2/5 of us got ill the next day. Sadly, we won't be returning.Special Features:
- excellent service and foodcarlos6Dined on 7/13/2014Great food. Great service. Lots of room and kids friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There and back againFoodiesortaDined on 7/12/2014So, went to Rio a few months ago. The experience wasn't stellar. We returned last weekend because a family member was dying to go. In short, it was dam good. I wish they would return to a more exotic salad bar, but with a bit of creativity, you can still create a decent veggie plate to go along with the meat fest. Selection of meats, service and atmosphere were spot on. Would I return again willingly? For sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expecteddineoutfamilyDined on 7/2/2014We visited a Brazilian Steakhouse a year ago and LOVED it! We were very excited about trying Rio and while the food was adequate, our first experience with a steakhouse of this nature made this experience seem a bit sub-par. The meat they shared at table was not seasoned that well, aside from the sirloin, and the salad bar was small in comparison to what we expected. The grilled pineapple was delicious! We were put off by a smell created by what we assumed a sour mop upon our arrival [as floors were wet and it was our best guess] and the restaurant didn't seem very clean overall. There are so many lovely restaurants in Vancouver that I doubt we'll revisit Rio but our kids felt welcome and enjoyed the experience and the food was OK.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Tourist trap - service was appalling, meat was tasty when they finally came around.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We loved this unique dining experience. Its great to be able to try a variety cuts of meat, chicken, lamb, sausage, grilled pineapple all included in the one price. The concept of the servers providing the samples of the variety of meats is definitely a great dining experience. And the buffet alongside is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherNunuDined on 6/20/2014I was expecting a more exciting place but walked into a regular place with a setting even less inviting than a diner and very mediocre food. What is the big deal about the grilled pineapple? Just a warm grilled pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon. There was no excitement of how one should feel being in a Brazilian restaurant. The samba dancers ....meh. Sorry, I wouldn't go back.
- salry meatWorldCup4EnglandDined on 6/15/2014previously was there for dinner.. .and dinner was much better for nenu and service.... dont know if its because it was fathers day and world cup..... Meat was not offered in a timely manner, Buffet selection was not replaced even basic item such as orange was not replaced.... We requested for water numerous times and they wouldnt give us a jug... We ended up serving ourselves by taking a jug from the bar, and another large table did the same.... We were required to tip 15% as we had a group larger than 6....so maybe they didnt have to work for a tip as they were getting one anyways??? I would only recommend dinner based on this experience...
- ?yesKamranDined on 5/31/2014I have a 8 year old daughter. I asked for the price and they said that it would be 8 box for her. But I was charged for 16 box. I did not mention and then I found out.
- Um bom localramalheiroDined on 5/9/2014Gostei do ambiente e do antedimento. Irei retornar outras vezes
- The following 110 reviews are from the Rio Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- great selection of meatsneverfullDined on 4/26/2014Non stop meat delivery. I loved it. Although the selection was vast, it was pretty fatty and similar in taste. I left very full which is very rare these days. Only complaint was once we were seated in a poor location, due to how busy it was, they wouldn't move us later when it died down. Still highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Saturday or Sunday BrunchFoodAdventuresDined on 4/19/2014Very good choice if you come for a late lunch on a weekend. Be prepared to eat lots of food. The meat was spot on. It is a little noisy, not that loud. There is paid parking underneath if you decide to drive. Very busy corner. Over all, we would go again sometime.Special Features:
- Very good food but poor servicePepaDined on 4/19/2014This restaurant is not child friendly at all. We went for lunch on a Sat. and even though the place wasn't too crowded, the waitress seemed very nervous and uneasy about the stroller the whole time, she even remove it and place it next to the washrooms without even asking. Also, my husband asked for water and she never brought cups or water jars. Finally, I had never gone to a restaurant that brings in the bill with the tip already included. That's something that's definitely to the customer to decide. I usually leave 15% or even 20% when the service is great but in this case I would have left less (if I had a choice). In my case, the service brought down what could have been a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Number ONEMartyDined on 4/13/2014This is my favorite place. Number one in food, service, atmosphere. What else can one expect? I went on Friday night. Live show with beautiful girls, service amazing, incredible meat selection and a salad bar with tons of salads, hot dishes like prawns and mussels, lots of different types of pasta made in front of you. Amazing. I used to go for another steak house and pay more than 40 bucks for a single steak, at Rio much less than that I had steaks, sirloins, filet mignon, chicken, lamb, sausages and on and on and on. THIS IS A REAL DEAL. I'll be back ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special.FoodloverDined on 4/12/2014It would be better if there is a set stage for the dancers. People are gathering near the buffet line which blocks the view of the people sitting away from the make shift dance area. Also, dancers have 2-3 steps repeated the entire performance. Food is ok. Nothing special. Parking is horrible. Service needs improvement.
- AYCE Meat - Can't really go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014Sit down dinner where they come around and serve meat from a spit. Meat comes as beef, pork, and chicken to your table and you take it by the slice. Salad bar as well for vegetarians and for other delicious meats. I would recommend trying it once if you're a big meat lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNorthShoreGirlVIPDined on 4/4/2014Our first (and last) visit to this restaurant. Very few meats being circulated (5 during our visit) and those were very ordinary. Salad bar was fine but a pasta bar? In a Brazilian restaurant?
- AlmostBrazzaDined on 3/29/2014After having my mind blown by my first Rodizio style restaurant experience in Calgary a couple of weeks ago, I must admit I wasn't confident any other restaurant could match the same experience. The ambience was good here, but they missed the mark on most of the food. The decide reminded me of a Bonanza restaurant, for those who can remember, sans the desert station. This restaurant could make itself great so easily. Try checking out Bolero in Calgary, and do what they do. It's $10 more a person, but it's a sexy and delicious dining experience, which I think we would like here in Vancouver. Heck, you got a great location with lots of parking downstairs!!!!Special Features:
- CH ch ch ch changesFoodiesortaDined on 3/22/2014Went to R B Steakhouse when it originally opened in 2012. Hated the live show. Left because of it. Food was great, esp salad bar and selection of meats. On the second visit, stage show was much better (a bit quieter), but the salad bar wasn't as exciting and the choices of meats were fewer. Suggestions for the future: Drop the pasta station; at a steakhouse? REALLY????!!! Bring back the better options at the salad bar Give us a slightly better selection of meats and all will be OLAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry But I didn't go, somenotgoDined on 3/12/2014Sorry But I didn't go, some personal problem came up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodKerriBDined on 3/6/2014The food was good. There was a large variety at the salad bar. Service was great and prompt. The place was fairly empty when we were there early evening, no entertainment and fairly quiet in thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great 1st visitvalleyeaterDined on 3/1/2014We had been to a Brazilian steakhouse once before so we knew how the serving would work, and we had a Brazilian guest with us so we were eager to hear her assessment. We had a great time! The service was perfect, the food was fresh and the servers circulated continuously with steak, lamb, pork, etc. etc. The salad bar was good, as well as the rice and beans. They even had an ample supply of Guarana, our favourite Brazilian soda! Our Brazilian guest said it was very authentic. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERBMartyDined on 2/20/2014One of the best experience I had for dinner in Vancouver. Unbelievable customer service - they have two kinds of service: regular servers (not regular , amazing servers - very professionals, attentive, polite and fast.) and the meat cutters (this is a show - around 12 different cuts of meat, including PRIME RIB, pork rib w /bbq sauce, beef short ribs, the PICANA - I guess - is incredible ,amazing marinated lamb , and so on). I have to mention the Salad bar and the hot dishes too, dozens of salads and still prawns, salmon, mussels, etc... To finish my report I'd like to write about the show - the girls, and the samba dancers - they gave to our dinner more fun and entertainment. If I will come back? YES, YES, YES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!MrsPriceDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our Valentines evening at Rio Brazilian Steakhouse! Everything was perfect, the entertainment and the food! The staff was the best .. We look forward to coming back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014good place to friend party，and great dinner，good show. If more choices for buffet，like adding some fruit，it will be perfectSpecial Features: