877 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rinorestaurant.com/media/rinorestaurant.html
- Phone: 212-307-0666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Rino Trattoria
Rino Trattoria recreates the unmistakable experience of authentic Italian dining while capturing the enthralling atmosphere of the Italian Rivera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rino Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- We needed a kid-friendly restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We needed a kid-friendly restaurant for a large group (7) and found Rino Trattoria on Open Table. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately. The food was outstanding, great wine, excellent service. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Little Italy Comes UptownpetelabVIPDined on 6/9/2012We had a reservation, arrived a little early, and were greeted by "Tommy da Nose" their street barker doing his best to harvest as many passers-by as possible into the restaurant - "Hey, c'mon in - I give you the best table inna house" he exclaimed. I responded that we had reserved, but he continued with his patter. No problem, though, since we DID get the best table in the house - right in front, overlooking 8th Ave, perfect for people-watching, and seeing Tommy's continuing antics - quite a floor show! Happily, the food was as much Little Italy as the marketing techniques, as we enjoyed a delicious repast. What's best? Doesn't matter - it's all good!Special Features:
- Great for the area. LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2012Great for the area. Lunch menu has a big list, and not too expensive. Most of the items are under $15 and in good portion.
- The food was very good. TheKimballVIPDined on 3/29/2012The food was very good. The service was not very attentive.
- Went there because of proximitySusieQDined on 3/27/2012Went there because of proximity to the theater. Never expecting to find such a gem. We all ordered something different to taste. Everything from pizza to the pasta, and tiramisu was excellent. The service was good as well. I would definitely recommend, and I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Happy To Be Backgeekguy1VIPDined on 2/25/2012We had always liked Rino's but, for no particular reason, we hadn't gone recently. Our recent visit reminded us why we liked them so much to begin with: good food, good choices, good location. In short -- a very good choice for NYC dining.
- perhaps there has been a changesunshineVIPDined on 2/25/2012perhaps there has been a change in ownership since we were last here awhile ago because the experience was not satisfactory. even though we had a reservation, we had to wait, service was non-existent until we looked for it, the portions were smaller and the prices higher. we will not be back.
- Nothing particularly special.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2012Nothing particularly special. But good italian food. pizza, lobster bisque, chicken parm, spaghetti. Sauce was good but nothing special. Yeah, that's about all I can say.Special Features:
- As advertised !DonneVIPDined on 2/19/2012The restaurant was as expected. It was GREAT to see the cooperation among the small staff. Will go again. Later is better, if you wish to avoid the crowd. We were not rushed as no one was waiing for a table.Special Features:
- The wine and calamari werefreyaDined on 2/4/2012The wine and calamari were very good. The rest of the meal was decent.
- Make sure you check the billOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/18/2012Food is ok, not fantastic. Small portion and double charge you even you haven't order it. The check is calculate by the server manually so you will got overcharge, make sure you check the bill. The service is horrible, all you feel is rush rush rush! This is my 2nd time and will be my last.
- Now that's Italian!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2012A very beautiful clean environment and I am picky because I deal with making television and films into green productions so this is always something I look for in a restaurant. Overall, it’s a bright, friendly, family-oriented atmosphere. The service was fast and friendly. As the server asked us what type of beverage we wanted, he also mentioned the specials and wines available. All food and beverages were delivered in a timely manner. I am a film and television producer and I absolutely will be coming back with my clients and family. The meals arrived quickly, all with a good presentation. All of the pasta portions were a decent size. When you have a hankering for Italian, I know this will be your new place to get your fix.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good....TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2012The food was pretty good....The appetizer took so long to get, anything would have tasted good...The service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Crowded and noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/8/2012Food good but not worth the hassle -- tables jammed up against each other, waiters can't get by without brushing up against diners. Generally unpleasant feel.
- Voting low for all becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Voting low for all because had reservations for two, ended up waiting 30 minutes was never seated then went to a different restaurant. Need more tables or need to make sure they don't take so many reservations for the same time!!
- We arrived at Rino's at 4:50OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/7/2012We arrived at Rino's at 4:50 p.m. for our 5 p.m. reservation and were told that we would have to wait as there are no available tables and there are others also waiting that are in front of us. We were seated at 5:25 p.m. While waiting outside the restaurant (there is no space to wait inside as the restaurant is small), we spoke to others who also had 5 p.m. reservations and were told to wait. The food and service were very good.
- This was such a find! It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2012This was such a find! It was a last minute decision to find a place to get dinner near the theater district. We met the owner outside ushering people in. The owner speaks fluent Italian, and his pasta's are home made. The price is not exorbitant for NYC, and the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- All five of us really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/28/2011All five of us really enjoyed our dinners at this restaurant. Service was good too.Special Features:
- Lucky we arrived early.steakloverVIPDined on 12/28/2011Overall it was a good experience but it had the making of a bad one. We came in 30 minutes early for our reservation and lucky we did because they didn't ask if we had a reservation and they were not asking they were seating everyone that came in the door and invariably a couple of reservations had to wait. the food was very good but the service was disorganized and we had to wait for an appetizer and an entree that were not ready with the rest of the order.
- We went on Christmas Eve withHeidiDined on 12/25/2011We went on Christmas Eve with 7 people, very good food-and reasonably priced for the location and city. Only wine and beer
- Our Home Away From Home in SicilysaintmaeVIPDined on 12/25/2011We are always greeted by the door and embraced. Our group was so impressed that they ushered us in like long lost family. Food is like my Sicilian grandmother and I always feel like I've arrived in Sicilia when I get to Rino Trattoria's. We all love the food, the wine, the service and it's our home.Special Features:
- Consistently good ItalianoperafanVIPDined on 12/21/2011Consistently good Italian comfort food. Good pasta, chicken parmegian, etc. Ambiance is not great, and it's not high-cuisine, but it's a good choice in the theater district for reasonable, good food.
- Does not honor reservations!ValariaDined on 12/17/2011Rino Trattoria does not honor open table reservations! We had a 6 pm reservation prior to our show and were told it would be a little while. The restaurant was already packed and 10 people were waiting a head of us. I asked for an honest estimate, and he guy at the front door would not give me one. As we were leaving we heard him tell someone else it would be an hour.
- My group and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011My group and I had a great time here. We did eat a little earlier than we usually do because we had tickets to a show at 7. The restaurant was everything I expected. The good and service were both phenomenal. Our table ordered a pitcher of their house sangria and I could have just had that and been happy. It was delicious. I would reccomend a reservation because when we were leaving the line was out the door.Special Features:
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2011We made a reservation for 6. The restaurant did not honor our reservation and told us we would need to wait 45 minutes for a table. We were referred to a different restaurant (presumably with the same ownership) which also had a 45-60 minute wait. I will never dine (or attempt to dine) here again. Why take reservations if you refuse to honor them?
- Wonderful Italian food on 8th Ave.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/10/2011We went to Nino Trattoria after a show and were pleasantly surprised by the wonderful old world Italian food. The ingredients were fresh and tasty, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The restaurant can get a little crowded and you may find yourself in tight quarters, but the food is beyond compare and is very reasonably priced. A gem of a find in NYC.Special Features:
- Even with a reservation weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011Even with a reservation we waited and the man posted outside at the door was just weird. He was hustling to get people in...reservation or not and then proceeded to continuously "peer" into the window to see how far along the diners were and if they would be leaving soon. We were rushed inside too and the food was not good at all. I found myself wondering why people were waiting to get in at all. We had pre-therater dinner and would never return.
- Cozyneighborhood Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011We were seated promptly for our 5:00 pm reservation. All in our party were satisfied with our dinners and service. The only disappointment was that the menu that was displayed outside the restaurant was either a lunch menu or old dinner menu because the pricing was 4 to 5 dollars less than the actual price inside. This should be corrected otherwise it's kind of a bait and switch. Would still recommend just ask the person manning the door outside to get you a menu from inside.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner beforeLindaVIPDined on 12/10/2011We had a lovely dinner before attending a concert. Loved watching the action in the restaurant and the cozyness of the room. Will go back again.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very crowdedAnnieVIPDined on 12/3/2011The restaurant was very crowded and the only available table for us was in the far back corner - they never took our name, but responded positively when we mentioned Open Table. Tables were so close to each other that we ended up chatting with people next to us - and that was actually good - they were interesting! That said, the food was good, as was the service; prices were moderate, we agreed that we had good value. I will definitely go back but after the holiday season when it will be less frantic!Special Features:
- may seem like odd praise butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/2/2011may seem like odd praise but from a non-New Yorker: this is my image of the typical checked tablecloth, little, neighborhood Italian place, of which I imagine there are a thousand. Attentive service, good pasta dishes, very good veal.Special Features:
- Great place for a very simplefinikyVIPDined on 12/1/2011Great place for a very simple italian meal. Only beer and wine, no cocktails - so be aware. We all had veal dishes and all were very tasty. Was hoping someone would order a pizza while we were there because we wanted to check them out but it was a rather quiet evening. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- We picked this restaurantjb21Dined on 11/26/2011We picked this restaurant by it's proximity to the theatre district. even though the reviews were mixed, there were enough good reviews to make us try it . the restaurant was "fine". there's a guy hawking outside convincing people passing by to try it so the place stays crowded and you definitely feel them breathing down your neck for the table after an hour. some reviews pointed out the menu outside the restaurant had different prices than the inside menu and it still did. i thought they would have corrected that! once i saw they hadn't my opinion of the place went right downhill.
- Wait staff were extremelyexcellentVIPDined on 11/23/2011Wait staff were extremely accomodating. The food was great!Special Features:
- everything was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011everything was very good and a overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- Rino Trattoria e Bravissima!saintmaeVIPDined on 11/12/2011Frank and Tony are the epitomy of great hosts and they will do anything to make you happy. Our fish was delicious and the homemade ravioli stuffed with spinach and mushroom was the best this side of Rome. Everything is fresh, tasty and the service is wonderful. I have gone back many times and will send all my friends and family.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2011We enjoyed the dining experience a lot. It was very conveniently located, about halfway between Lincoln Center (our show)and the Port Authority (our bus stop). The only disappointment was the price difference quoted on their web site and what was actually on the menu. A prix fixe of $26.95 for a three course meal was, however, fair.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/27/2011While our group of six enjoyed the warm welcome at the front door and the very quick service, we were didappointed by the fact that there was paper table clothes (for that price range!!) and a hand-written receipt at the end. The quality of the food was OK, and the price of the wine very reasonable.
- Enjoyable from start to finish.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Enjoyable from start to finish. I had a great time!
- UselessOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2011Having the most Italian restaurants per sq ft in the world in NYC, why stop by Rino's? .. We live nearby and decided to give it a try .. Plain and simple, dont go. You can start telling by the false-wanna be-trying to be italian-guy the have at the door trying to lure people in, the if-you-get-a-pre-fix-menu bad service, with absolutely irrelevant food, even bland.. forget it ..