2165 W Burnside
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032231513
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Beau Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: NW 22nd
- Public Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field).
Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark
Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound.
Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary on-site valet parking. Street parking is available although limited
With more than 65 years of continuous family ownership, RingSide Steakhouse Downtown is a legend in the world of steakhouses.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings...a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural steaks dry-aged on-premise.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Most ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My companion said,"Best steak ever!" after every third bite. Perfectly impeccable, service felt like a 'regular' although we'd never dined Ringside before. Steve was a perfect host and paced our meal perfectly, like dining in the best of Rome, Barcelona or Paris. Who knew? Just up the street from Powell's City.Special Features:
- ClassictopratedDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food, great service and wonderful history of family owned restaurant. Don't miss this one in Portland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was exceptional . Service lacked nothing. Selection was complete. Very popular place for dinner , make sure to make resevations or your wait will be hours .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCarolDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed in our food. We have had much better at the Ringside. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Not this time..Snalem24Dined on 9/12/2014We have been to the Ringside a number of times and consider it a splurge as we know the bill will be over $100. This time, however, I was disappointed to be seated at a small table right in front of the kitchen door. The charm of this place is its dark, clubby feel but that is taken away when the door constantly swings open, you have the noise and light of the kitchen and servers rushing by...not what I would expect with an advance reservation. However, kudos to the waitstaff and kitchen for consistency and quality; everything we tried was excellent!Special Features:
- Iconic SteakhouseFitFemaleDined on 9/11/2014We are new to the PDX area and had heard about Ringside. I had already been to the Ringside Fish House and really enjoyed it, but this was even better. Literally, the best steak I have ever eaten. It was a lovely experience start to finish. Great way to spend my birthday with my family!Special Features:
- AMAZINGLuv4foodDined on 9/11/2014The food was fantastic from the onion rings and prawn cocktail to the French onion soup, exceptional steak and great dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after 45 yearsk7przDined on 9/10/2014My parents brought us here in the late '50s. Then steak sandwich was $1.25. Wednesday my rib eye steak was $40. I can't afford to come often but it's still a special place for me and I'll be back. We needed a flashlight to read the menu after coming in from the bright sun. It seemed noisy because of a large group in the next room. By the way, a mixed greens salad should not have raw broccoli but the rest of the salad was great. Creamy french with gorgonzola cheese is their house dressing. I don't like whipped butter. The Trinity Grill in Denver sets the standard for the way butter is served: Large pat with a bay leaf on the side. The Ringside's butter was okay on the baked potato but didn't do well on the nice bread they served.Special Features:
- Great NightFoodTouristDined on 9/9/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here and we were not disappointed. The steaks are perfection, the wine list extensive, and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful.WineduckDined on 9/9/2014Same high food quality and service we receive with every visit. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- dickDined on 9/7/2014GREAT SERVICE FROM MARY, GREAT FOOD FROM KITCHEN. POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST STEAKS I EVER HAD. MASHED POT. WITH LOBSTER - INCREDIABLE.Special Features:
- CC60yrsVIPDined on 9/7/2014Old school great service and top quality food. Spendy!Special Features:
- Typical Ringside33andCountingDined on 9/6/2014One of our favorites. Service was excellent. Food was great. We enjoyed the meal without feeling rushed (we were there at least 2 hours). Do remember to bring your wallet because it is expensive (absolutely well worth it). We have been going to Ringside over 35 years and this will not be our last time.Special Features:
- Prime rib to perfectionGFdinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have never been disappointed in this restaurant. Steaks and prime rib are absolutely delicious. They are well versed in what has gluten in it and how they can substitute something else. It was a birthday and the dessert was on the house. Only complaint was that the martini wasn't so good. My wine was great.Special Features:
- Amazing Steakhouse!eisbare1986Dined on 9/5/2014Ringside Steakhouse is an amazing place to enjoy a great steak dinner. In addition to their steaks being amazing, all the other food is fantastic. I have been to Ringside several times, and every time, they are great at being aware of my gluten intolerance. They answer all my questions carefully and thoroughly.Special Features:
- Low lights and lots of foodpatforuDined on 9/5/2014Nostalgic steakhouse dining..good food...lovely ambiance..recomendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Status Quo SteaksPalmSpringsLocalDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and well prepared but nothing that stood out from any steakhouse at a comparable level. It was busy, and had a noise level consistent with that. While it's an interesting enough space, the crowd kills any quaintness. I was surprised by the number of small children present and playing around. Our server and assisting staff were really on point. No details were missed and the waiter was quickly able to make suggestions from the menus. They also have an extensive wine list, by bottle and glass, so finding a selection you'll enjoy should be easy. The bar was also quite impressive. Overall, given the choice on venues, there are better options in Portland at the same price point with comparable service and better food.Special Features:
- All around great mealLousreviewDined on 8/31/2014The steaks were tender and tasty, fixed the way we like; the corn was wonderful and the baked spinach delightful. We had a 7:00 PM reservation, arrived on time and were seated without delay. All the help did a superb job: the valet, hostess, waiter and busboy. I recommend the Ringside without exception.Special Features:
- Excellent!SanDiegoChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a great experience at Ringside. It was the best dinner of our recent trip to Portland. Hopefully the chef will make the lobster mashed potatoes a permanent feature on the menu. They were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMauiDaveDined on 8/30/2014Having lived in the PDX area for many years in the late 70s and 80s, and having gone to the Ringside many times, and each an every time I come back to visit (now live in Maui), I find this last experience probably one of the best...the remodel has turned out very nice and very comfortable...Scott was an outstanding waiter and probably made the meal as enjoyable as it was...thank you for being there all these years...DaveSpecial Features:
- Lovely mealKRearDined on 8/29/2014We were wanting a nice steak and boy, we got it! Lovely wine list and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service and amazing foodMelanieDined on 8/29/2014I've always loved Ringside - even though I'm a vegetarian - because their service is impeccable. I had a wonderful heirloom tomato salad and their chefs are willing to pull together many vegetarian options. Fantastic wine list and decadent cocktails. This is my go-to for special occasions (birthday, anniversary, etc.)Special Features:
- Great Time!foodfanDined on 8/28/2014We have been going to Ringside for many, many years, but it seems to me that our last few times have been even better. On our most recent visit, our server, Molly, was fantastic. She went way beyond the norm for service.Special Features:
- Perfectly cooked filet mignonfudgbugDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. The onion rings were crisp and lightly battered. The filet migon and prime rib was perfectly cooked as requested at medium rare and had great flavor!
- Dining like RoyaltyCinnamonTwistDined on 8/26/2014From the onion rings to the salmon and steak, every morsel was worth savoring. The service was impeccable. Our comfortable booth was private without being too closed-in. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysEpicuriousDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed our meal very much. Excellent, friendly service; delicious food, cooked just as we requested; indulged in the best onion rings in Portland. The Ringside did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for a special occasionforgotmywalletDined on 8/25/2014We went to celebrate our 40th Anniversary and wanted it to be very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland classicKdubpdxDined on 8/24/2014Classic Portland steakhouse. We had reservations, but found ourselves in the neighborhood 45 min. early. They were very accomodating and seated us right away (it was early evening on a Sunday, don't know if that would have worked later on when the place filled up.) My steak was excellent as were all of the other things I ordered. My wife went with seafood and said it was just OK. My only complaint would be that the portions of some items are just too big. We had to have the legendary onion rings, but even the small order is way too much for two people. Same with the side of broccoli (gotta have some veggies.) Service was top notch.Special Features:
- another great dinner!fansDined on 8/23/2014We had another great dinner Saturday night at the Ringside! We were entertaining friends from out of town and knew the Ringside was the perfect place. Great service, great food, great wine!Special Features:
- Great B-day DinnerPdxpizzaboyVIPDined on 8/22/2014¼ order of rings started things off. Always outstanding. My prime rib was excellent and my wife raved about the salmon. A great way to celebrate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside always greatredmondjackDined on 8/22/2014The steaks at the Ringside are just incredible. The onion rings are actually famous. For maybe the top 10 steaks I have ever had in my life probably 1/2 of them were at the Ringside. We live in the Seattle area so we don't get there often enough, but this time we stayed at a hotel nearby just so we could eat there again. I cannot recommend that hotel though.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefoodtoluvDined on 8/21/2014This is the place that everyone should try.. its uptown excellent steaks with "class"..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great until the EndHankDined on 8/21/2014Everything was really good at this location, the food, the service....it was all wonderful. MY only issue and it was not really a complaint was that our waiter did not inform us of any specials as he did at the other tables around us, and last was the comment card. You property, food and service stand alone and to have a cheesy comment card handed to you and the end of a remarkable meal is just something that you would expect from Elmer's Café. Get rid of the comment card and let the focus remain on the experience, if people want to comment they can do it here, if they wish to complain they tend to do it at the property. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I would like to commend our server. He was conversant, attentive, and very personable. Not pretentious. Excellent! My steak was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous - Lobster mashed potatoes!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014We had a fabulous evening. From our arrival to our departure. We were in exceptionally great hands with Scott. Great intuitive service, as well as very congenial. What can one say about the food. The onion rings, for which the Ringside is known, were excellent. as was the filets. However, the oysters on the half-shell and the lobster mashed potatoes were incredible.Special Features:
- Birthday spectacularPfunkDined on 8/16/2014Incredible rib eye, salads, desserts, apps...and absolutely spot on impeccable service.Special Features:
- 5 star servicedivinedevineDined on 8/15/2014Great birthday celebration. Daniel, our server, was outstanding. As was the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- never disappoints!fansDined on 8/15/2014we celebrated our anniversary at the Ringside Uptown on Friday and had another wonderful evening. The service is incredible, starting with the valet parking, then to the hostess, and then to our server (Karen) and the other waitstaff. The food is terrific and our steaks were cooked perfectly. The wine list is incredible. We're taking out of town guests there next Saturday night and I can hardly wait!Special Features:
- Good dinnerringsideDined on 8/13/2014We wanted to have a really good dinner at a really special restaurant so we chose Ringside. It did not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerGFgalDined on 8/12/2014I have lived in Portland for six years and in the NW neighborhood for over four but this was my first meal at Ringside. I'm glad I saved it for a special occasion - taking my boyfriend who is new to Portland for his birthday. The server was very attentive, the food was great, and it was the perfect spot to celebrate with my love. I will definitely keep this in mind for special occasions in the future as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.