2165 W Burnside
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (503) 223-1513
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Beau Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: NW 22nd
- Public Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field).
Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark
Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound.
Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary on-site valet parking. Street parking is available although limited
With more than 65 years of continuous family ownership, RingSide Steakhouse Downtown is a legend in the world of steakhouses.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings...a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural steaks dry-aged on-premise.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- RingSide SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Excellence food and services. Love it and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopBartAaronDined on 11/23/2014Our waitress, Karen, explained the special for the evening and several of the items on the menu. Cocktails arrived promptly. Very good timing between salads, the entrée and dessert. Karen made good eye contact when talking to us. And the busboys were great too, always coming around to refill our water and removing plates. This location offers free valet service, that is a huge plus. At the end of the evening, my 10 guests told me how nice everything was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside never disappoints, always outstanding.LousreviewDined on 11/22/2014The steaks were perfect, the lobster mashed potatoes were decadent and the acorn squash was wonderful. I had a Perfect Manhattan that was delightful mix of just the right ingredients. Sorry I can't recall the waiters name, he was spot on, as was the support staff. There is no place in Portland that I enjoy as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rscsanchezDined on 11/21/2014Atmosphere was perfect for our anniversary, steaks were cooked to perfection. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- BEST STEAK IN PORTLANDBillVIPDined on 11/18/2014Great food, old world charm, best steak in Portland. A Portland go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pamper your palate with finest cuisineSanxDined on 11/16/2014From starter to dessert you will find options cooked perfectly. Steaks are soft enough that you will need no extra force to slice them and they keep the flavor in the core. The selection of wine is excellent, there are options from US to Argentina and Europe, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the best everytime!bannerobertsDined on 11/15/2014All the best everytime - ambiance, food and service plus killer bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still king of the hill...CaptSpauldingDined on 11/15/2014Other steakhouses come and go, but the RingSide is an enduring classic. My wife started with a whiskey sour while I had a Negroni. Then, we followed with an appetizer of bacon-wrapped scallops. Her entree was the seared duck breast with gnocchi. I had a dry-aged New York. We split a side of lobster mashed potatoes -- decadently delicious. When the entrees arrived, my wife ordered a glass of cabernet sauvignon and I had a barolo. Because it was my wife's birthday, the house comped us a nice dessert with a candle. We felt pampered from beginning to end. And yes, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing anniversary dinnerInPursuitofEscargotDined on 11/15/2014We selected Ringside to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We love a great steak and intended to splurge given the significance of our special event. We arrived early and started with a cocktail at the bar which is very small and was quite packed. I would describe the ambiance as "old school steakhouse". We were seated on time and ordered a dozen oysters. The oysters were outstanding and would turn out to be the highlight of the meal hands down. We selected the aged bone in filet and aged bone in ribeye both cooked rare. We ate our meal quitely and enjoyed each other's company. It wasn't until two days later that we both acknowledged that we were quite disappointed in the steaks. Neither of us wanted to say anything that evening as we didn't want to spoil a very special evening. We both agreed that the steaks were not flavorful at all...quite bland. Not sure if it was the beef or the preparation but for $140 between two steaks we expected to be wowed but ultimately would rate the steaks as below average at best.
- Always terrific!SSAPortlandDined on 11/15/2014I've been coming here for years on my birthday and this was a BIG one -- 70! And as usual I wasn't disappointed. The onion rings and house dressing are the best! I like my steak extra rare and The Ringside knows how to do it perfectly. It was a wonderful birthday dinner. Thanks, Ringside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the best prime rib I've ever had. Fabulous!LennyBandMeDined on 11/14/2014This is a steakhouse and they most certainly live up to that. The beef is simply excellent. In the addition the sides are of great quality and prepared with care. I is a little noisy so just know this going into it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!LidsDined on 11/14/2014This was my birthday dinner with just my boyfriend, we made reservations at 730, they called me the day of to confrm I was coming. We arrived there at 735 the restaurant was busy, they seated us at 750 I was a be frustrated because we made reservations a few days prior.... But when we got seated the waiter was great and super friendly, the steak was amazing!!! At the end of the dinner they brought is free champagne for two which totally made up for the wait before dinner, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience for special occasionTheresaDined on 11/11/2014Took my hubby for a birthday dinner and it was enjoyable overall. I loved my Caesar salad served whole leaves (sometimes it would be cut too wide). My twin petite, alongside my mashed potatoes with lobster was amazing! On the other hand, it didn't go well with my hubby. Having just been back from Philadelphia and had eaten a dry aged New York there, he said ringside didn't come close in comparison. Oh well, let's give it a second try shall we?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Dining ExperienceFantasticDined on 11/11/2014Ringside Uptown is fantastic. The service is superior with knowledgeable friendly waiters who provide exceptional service. The wine list is amazing and the food is incredible. Highly recommended for all special occasions or if you desire to have a great meal at one of Portland’s finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Had a great experience while my brother was visiting from out of town. Our table was ready early so we could get started on wine before the rest of the party arrived. Staff was very friendly and polite to everyone including the children. The server Susan was fantastic very professional and efficient. Also the wine director/manager was very courteous and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always great foodluvgr8tfoodVIPDined on 11/9/2014if you are in the mood for a great steak at Portland's oldest steak house - go to the RIngside. Excellent food, great service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful night out!AlasoDined on 11/8/2014We had a pretty large group for my moms birthday and our service was impeccable! The food was amazing starting with the onion rings and finishing with creme brûlée. Lobster mashed potatoes were amazing as well. It was a memorable night and we will definitely go back for dinner next time we are in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldschoolswtOldschoolswtDined on 11/8/2014Average food. Wasn't wow-ed. Have had better steaks. Anticipating a wow factor & left unimpressed. Will say service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great and then some!bestplaceDined on 11/7/2014A wonderful oasis. All of the above and more. But I must say the staff is what makes the restaurant stand out. Thank you all for making our experience the best it can be.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingAlasDined on 10/31/2014We arrived at 5:00 to celebrate a special anniversary and were promptly seated viewing the kitchen door. Hmmm? No others seated near us. FYI our total ticket was $120+.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerPattyDined on 10/30/2014Les was an excellent waiter and knew his wines and the menu ! However, I asked for my rib steak cooked blue (extremely rare and hardly warm. It came medium.) I was disappointed to say the least. If I ever go there again, and that happens, I will send it back. Should have done that ! The caesar salad was OK, but I would not order it again. I prefer the lettuce cut up and tossed with the dressing. Serving whole leaves made it awkward to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteShay48Dined on 10/30/2014Ringside is always our favorite place to go - love to hear the sizzle of that steak on the plate and the onion rings are beyond delicious.Special Features:
- Still the bestGrampyKVIPDined on 10/29/2014Returned after an absence of several years to find the Ringside service, food and ambience as good, if not better, than always. It was a wonderful steakhouse dining experience.Special Features:
- Good experienceMomofDanaDined on 10/26/2014We always enjoy the Ringside, and this was not exception.Special Features:
- Always perfectChetDined on 10/26/2014Great food great service was seated right away. No rush but we were starving and ready to eat and luckily our waiter picked up on that a quick appetizer and salad then boom our steaks were brought out and were cooked to perfection. Probably been here 8 times in the last 20 years. Alway look forward to eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceHarveyMushmanDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at RingSide Uptown. We sat in a booth near the fireplace. It was exactly what I hoped it would be - a generally quiet, romantic dining experience with excellent food and courteous, personable waiters. The food was excellent. We had end cut Prime Rib. If you like steaks, then this is the place to go for dinner as there are a great many choices on their menu. Our waiter and the rest of the staff made our dining experience quite enjoyable. We are relatively new to the Portland area, and we'll be back. RingSide Uptown is on the top of our list of great steakhouses. The recorded soft jazz complemented a comfortable and quiet setting for a relaxing dinner. Wonderfully "Old School".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ringside was awesome !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had the 3 course supper, it started with a wonderful onion soup, then prime rib that was done perfectly, and then the piece De resistance ..creme brulee..it was heavenly, then I proposed to my lovely girlfriend and our server Susan brought us complementary champagne to celebrate...my girl said it was magical and we loved it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and Service!LorabellVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our entire meal and service was excellent! This is and will always be my husband's favorite restaurant. Concierge at the Nines Hotel.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExpereinceJust4funDined on 10/23/2014Celebrated a birthday. All service was amazing and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousKrisDined on 10/22/2014Always consistently good. This is our annual anniversary spot and we love going there!!Special Features:
- Superior Dining!RicoDined on 10/21/2014We've been to Ringside a number of times and have never been disappointed with the food or terrific service. Well worth the expense for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billieDined on 10/21/2014it's always good. I met my husband here 27 years ago. Cristina is a GREAT server.Special Features:
- great experienceringsideDined on 10/20/2014This is a place to go to feel like you are treating yourself or someone specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak HouseFavSteakDined on 10/19/2014My favorite place to have a great steak and to celebrate a special occasion! The Ringside is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portland IconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Have not been here in years and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and service.Special Features:
- Great for a good SteakGampaBobDined on 10/19/2014Our waitress was very patient with the customer in our group who has several food restrictions. Food was great, maybe a took little longer than it should have to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside never failsTigermama96VIPDined on 10/18/2014This place is perfect when you want to celebrate a special occasion and have an amazing meal!!! We've been going here for 15 years and the service and food are consistently top notch. What a great way to have a leisurely dinner and enjoy great food, wine and service!Special Features:
- Excellent night outsrccriticDined on 10/18/2014Quite expensive, food and serive were beyond excellent. Well worth it for those special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was very correct and did nothing technically wrong, but I would have appreciated a little more genuness from him. We don't eat out that much, and especially not at the caliber that this resturant is, but a little more warmth from him would have been nice. Other then that the food and ambiance was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time...top notch food and service.Special Features: