2165 W Burnside
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032231513
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Beau Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: NW 22nd
- Public Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field).
Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark
Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound.
Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary on-site valet parking. Street parking is available although limited
With more than 65 years of continuous family ownership, RingSide Steakhouse Downtown is a legend in the world of steakhouses.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings...a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural steaks dry-aged on-premise.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Good experienceMomofDanaDined on 10/26/2014We always enjoy the Ringside, and this was not exception.Special Features:
- Always perfectChetDined on 10/26/2014Great food great service was seated right away. No rush but we were starving and ready to eat and luckily our waiter picked up on that a quick appetizer and salad then boom our steaks were brought out and were cooked to perfection. Probably been here 8 times in the last 20 years. Alway look forward to eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at RingSide Uptown. We sat in a booth near the fireplace. It was exactly what I hoped it would be - a generally quiet, romantic dining experience with excellent food and courteous, personable waiters. The food was excellent. We had end cut Prime Rib. If you like steaks, then this is the place to go for dinner as there are a great many choices on their menu. Our waiter and the rest of the staff made our dining experience quite enjoyable. We are relatively new to the Portland area, and we'll be back. RingSide Uptown is on the top of our list of great steakhouses. The recorded soft jazz complemented a comfortable and quiet setting for a relaxing dinner. Wonderfully "Old School".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ringside was awesome !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had the 3 course supper, it started with a wonderful onion soup, then prime rib that was done perfectly, and then the piece De resistance ..creme brulee..it was heavenly, then I proposed to my lovely girlfriend and our server Susan brought us complementary champagne to celebrate...my girl said it was magical and we loved it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and Service!LorabellVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our entire meal and service was excellent! This is and will always be my husband's favorite restaurant. Concierge at the Nines Hotel.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExpereinceJust4funDined on 10/23/2014Celebrated a birthday. All service was amazing and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousKrisDined on 10/22/2014Always consistently good. This is our annual anniversary spot and we love going there!!Special Features:
- Superior Dining!RicoDined on 10/21/2014We've been to Ringside a number of times and have never been disappointed with the food or terrific service. Well worth the expense for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billieDined on 10/21/2014it's always good. I met my husband here 27 years ago. Cristina is a GREAT server.Special Features:
- 42nd Anniversary dinner..Special42Dined on 10/21/2014The whole restaurant and waiter and food was an A plus...My only complaint is that our table for four was small. Seemed very crowded with wine glasses water glasses and plates food etc..Our waiter was top notch. Made our anniversary a special event for sure.Special Features:
- great experienceringsideDined on 10/20/2014This is a place to go to feel like you are treating yourself or someone specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak HouseFavSteakDined on 10/19/2014My favorite place to have a great steak and to celebrate a special occasion! The Ringside is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portland IconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Have not been here in years and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and service.Special Features:
- Great for a good SteakGampaBobDined on 10/19/2014Our waitress was very patient with the customer in our group who has several food restrictions. Food was great, maybe a took little longer than it should have to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside never failsTigermama96VIPDined on 10/18/2014This place is perfect when you want to celebrate a special occasion and have an amazing meal!!! We've been going here for 15 years and the service and food are consistently top notch. What a great way to have a leisurely dinner and enjoy great food, wine and service!Special Features:
- Excellent night outsrccriticDined on 10/18/2014Quite expensive, food and serive were beyond excellent. Well worth it for those special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was very correct and did nothing technically wrong, but I would have appreciated a little more genuness from him. We don't eat out that much, and especially not at the caliber that this resturant is, but a little more warmth from him would have been nice. Other then that the food and ambiance was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time...top notch food and service.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingDeweyDined on 10/17/2014Another enjoyable evening with business guests. Service and food quality are always of the highest grade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden OldiePutzVIPDined on 10/14/2014It goes without saying the steak (20 oz. bone in rib eye) was grilled to perfection and delicious and the side dishes were excellent but what really makes the Ringside so special are their personnel. From the host to the waiter in the bar and on to our dinner waitress...all were out standing at making us feel comfortable and as welcome guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!!DuckDinerDined on 10/14/2014I had a client make his first visit to Portland from the East Coast. As always, The Ringside was the perfect place to show off the best of Portland. Everything was outstanding. Mission accomplished!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with the foodKatsaengDined on 10/13/2014I ordered pork chop medium rare and got it well done. The server was very nice and taking care of it. He brought me a new dish which disappointedly also well done. Since my server did not charge me for it and brought complimentary shrimp cocktails, i didnt want to say anything. My friend ordered lamb and it was very chewy. We miss your lack of lamb, though :( I will still recommend your restaurant. It is just this time that I don't have any good Thing to say about the food. My server was very nice though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Joint but a usual Wait!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Love Ringside but we joke about it every time we go there, you ALWAYS wait for your table, in the last 6 yrs have gone to Ringside dozen or so times when in Portland on business and you walk in the door, at reservation time for a little after and get the same answer" table isn't ready yet" Food is great, wonderful independent steakhouse…but a big fail on my point I would like my Aperitif sitting at my table with colleagues, business associates or friends.
- Great food - great service29AnnivDined on 10/12/2014We chose Ringside to celebrate our anniversary. I have special dietary needs which we let them know aboout ahead of time. It was fantastic. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and made sure my dietary needs were met. Food was delicious. Highly recommend The Ringside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter Nick/Jose attendant..WaiterNickDined on 10/10/2014Had a great time; my date asked so many questions and Nick was very patient and Jose helped her with her Spanish lesson cards..Special Features:
- They Know Too Much...WaltwolfDined on 10/8/2014Almost all restaurants in the US say that they are The Best. With this one here they know, that many people who visited and many Portlanders who heard about this place say it too. Hence a certain smugness in the service and the offerings. Oh, they are very good, no question about that, but they are not as good as they think they are. I have this yardstick that is almost never wrong: a look at the washroom. They could improve ...Special Features:
- Meat loverDeltadinerDined on 10/8/2014Classic steak place. Great service, good cocktails, meat done exactly as requested. Fabulous wine selection. Happy 70th!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down best meal ever!FoodieDined on 10/7/2014We took our son and his wife here for his 28th birthday and we all had a wonderful time and can't quit talking about the delicious meal we had! It was one of the best dining experiences we've had. I had the prime rib with lobster mashed potatoes and it was delectable! Definitely would recommend this restaurant. Great service, cozy setting, and delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite special occasion placeSteakloverDined on 10/5/2014We have been coming to The Ringside Restaurant for over forty years when we have a special occasion to celebrate. Food and service is always the best.Special Features:
- Long standing in food and serviceHungerVIPDined on 10/4/2014The Ringside still remains our favorite steakhouse whenever we come to Portland.....not only their entrees are tops, but their onion rings are the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The service was outstanding from beginning to end. Our waiter (Derek?) was friendly and accommodating; he even suggested an off-menu cheeseburger for our son. The steaks were the best we've had in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak r usdvakvaDined on 10/1/2014The food and service was top level as usual !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-visited after 20+ years.......KatieDined on 10/1/2014We moved out of the Portland area several years ago but this restaurant was always one of our favorites when we lived there. Had heard it had remodeled a few years ago, and we were anxious to see the change!!! Verrrry pleasant experience----the new interior design is fabulous. The notable onion rings are still fabulous as well !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business entertainmentgljr76Dined on 9/29/2014This is a classic neighborhood steak house in NW Portland, OR that has not lost it's ability to please. We were a group of 10, comfortably seated, great service, wonderful wine list (affordable to over the top) and quiet enough for us to hear each other from a few seats away. Food was excellent, traditional presentation and yes, I'll say it again, terrific service. I'd definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Best Pork Chop EveralapoetDined on 9/28/2014I very much enjoyed my meal at Ringside... Divinely tender baked potato, and the perfectly seasoned pork chop was the best I've ever had. Sterling service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakhouseVisitorfromCADined on 9/28/2014One of the very best steakhouses I have ever been to. Old time charm. Wonderful service. Superb food. Expensive but can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Four of us each had a different cut of steak and everyone was extremely pleased with dinner, all the way around.... Ringside is Never a disappointment! Really terrific meal!Special Features:
- Carnivore heaven!patforuDined on 9/27/2014The Ringside is still the master of the Prime Rib dinner! We enjoyed the early dinner prior to the Symphony and the excellent server got us out in time without any stress. I do feel their salads could be better but their soup is divine..would like to have some small plates available when not ready for the big meal tho. Our guests loved it and raved...as Midwesterners they were Prime Rib afficiandos....Drinks ere excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!KfoodiegalDined on 9/26/2014The Ring Side is a Portland tradition. I could not be more enthusiastic about the wonderful food, and service we receive each and every time we have the privilege of dining here. Go for a special occasion or just a nice gathering with friends...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A classic.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We live in the neighborhood so go to the Ringside frequently. The food is always good. The service is what you would expect from a top-notch steak house. We have never had a bad experience here and I recommend this place to friends always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.