14021 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97230Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Eastside
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (503) 255-0750
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Turke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: 140th
- Public Transit: Served by 25-Glisan/Rockwood
Stop ID 2047
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Westbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- OR -
Stop ID 2048
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Eastbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have adequate parking available in a well lit parking lot in front of our restaurant.
The Eastside restaurant features great steaks and a wide range of entree options in a more relaxed country club-like atmosphere only 10 minutes from the airport.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings; a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural beef. Steaks are cooked to perfection.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Ringside - Glendoveer so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Being a long time Ringside uptown diner and used to the historic ambiance there, I should have known comparing Glendoveer to it would be unfair. The elegance vibe was lacking, I felt like I could've put other restaurant signs on the building as once inside, it was too usual. Food wise, my rib eye was fine, a bit thin for my liking, but cooked perfectly medium. My dinner partners filet, well, this isn't the Ringside's fault, was ordered well done with A-1 sauce. My oh my! The potato cheese croquette added a crispy element to the dish but was bland and under seasoned with no sign of cheese.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I tried the Ringside for her birthday dinner and we could not have been more pleased. The service was absolutely excellent! Our servers food recommendations we spot on and the quality and presentation of our meal was excellent. The wine list was impressive and the overall experience could not have been more pleasing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steaksDrDonDined on 11/21/2014Perfect steaks every time our favorite east side restaurant. Definitely start with the onion rings!! Excellent wine selection with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutbergiegirlDined on 11/21/2014We had a wonderful experience at Ringside Steakhouse - Eastside. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. I highly recommend this location for your anniversary dinner, a special occasion or a romantic dinner with your sweetheart. It is also a great place to go just to enjoy drinks and the delicious happy hour menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food cooked correctly. Top notch steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Great place for a special occasion as well as a nice family dinner anytime. Wait staff are very attentive but not overbearing, classy place. Everything you would expect from a high end steakhouse.Special Features:
- A great place to treat your guestsgodfather45Dined on 11/21/2014During the past four months we have taken two different sets of out-of-town friends to RingSide Steakhouse Eastside for dinner. The food, service, and surroundings were excellent on each occasion and both couples commented on how pleasant their experience at was RingSide and indicated they wished they had a similar restaurant choice in their hometown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedshelbyDined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation for a party of nine. The table was set nicely and located in a good area and the ambiance was very nice. All the staff who greeted us were very cordial and welcoming. Our waitress on the other hand was seemed like she had to work hard to meet the standard of the other staff and she did not pull it off. My dinner was average for the price. The only one who really enjoyed his meal was my son who had the prime rib. He loved it. The dessert was fabulous. I guess I thought the food would just be so much better and I was not impressed. Other than that and the waitress it was just good.Special Features:
- not a enjoyable anniversaryLisaDined on 11/5/2014I had the Ribeye with the bone it turned out to be pretty rare, got a doggy bag at the end, the next night I was going to finish my steak, I discovered the bone that I cut off was missing! and I left alot of meat on it, I was going to throw the steak on the grill ,that was ruined, the garlic masher's had no garlic at all and had a under cooked taste, I am not one to gripe but for that much money you would think I could have taken that bone home for the dog. The onion ring's were really good, it is too bad you don't have a soup or salad before the meal, that comes with the dinner, Oh and the sourdough bread is just a heated up french bread, The steak's at Red Lobster have a better flavor. I will not waste my hard earned money ever againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside EasthowlingmistDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful place to eat the food is outstanding and waitstaff is great and very professional. Never have had a bad meal from here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-School SteakhouseFeedMeDined on 10/27/2014This was my first visit to Ringside and, while it was good, I must admit to being slightly disappointed. I made a 6:30 reservation on a Monday night and, even though the place was only a quarter full, we had to wait about ten minutes to be seated. The service was slow overall. The menu was steakhouse traditional: big cuts of beef with everything else ala carte. While this was expected, some inventive specials or house signature dishes would have been a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Overpriced Bad steakBogartDined on 10/25/2014The quality of the dining room food was disappointing. I ordered the rib eye and what showed up was a poor cut of beef.which they boast of aged angus beef. It used to be that the same cut would have a lot of flavor . The meal was way over priced , i do not mind paying as long as it is worth it. The steak bites at the bar was far superior in taste , quality , tenderness ,price and way way cheaper
- Never Fail Steaks!BKMdogVIPDined on 10/24/2014As always, a great steak dinner with long time friends makes for a great evening. Relaxed, flavorful, easily someplace to continually return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Eastside SteakhouseGoodDiningPdxDined on 10/22/2014Great food and service...what I would expect in downtown Portland conveniently located for the Eastside of Portland.Special Features:
- Ringside East has Revived!KC66Dined on 10/21/2014This isn't the Ringside of before. The revitalized Ringside was packed! Not only the bar area, which I expected due to HH, but the restaurant itself was full. My husband and I had a bit of a wait, which was annoying, but were lead to our booth and had excellent service by Bob, our waiter. He advised us about dinner items he especially liked and was attentive and responsive without hovering. We enjoyed our food and appreciated having a salad divided onto two plates. We have had the bananas Foster at Ringside on many occasions but this time Ringside took it to a new level by splitting the banana in half and carmelizing it. Wow! I attribute the Rinside Revival to Glenn, the new General Manager, who was at the Ringside Fish House.Special Features:
- LarsonDined on 10/18/2014We were very happy with the friendly staff the minute we walked in the door. Food was excellent. It looked like there was one waiter for several tables in the back area where we were, so service was slightly slow but not a problem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Our waiter was very busy that night, but he and several other employees made sure all our needs were meet on a timely basis and the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great Steak!CherylVIPDined on 10/12/2014Ringside is known to be able to produce an excellent steak and cooked exactly the way you order it. The meals are expensive and for the most part worth it.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner - Young Servers...BankerManUSADined on 10/4/2014Ringside is an excellent choice for your special evening. Just beware of the younger servers here who are clearly less experienced, less knowledgable and a bit clumsier than some of the more seasoned folks. If you're not here for dinner, this place has a MAGICAL Happy Hour menu. Wowza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitGreshamDaveDined on 10/4/2014Although this was our first visit, I doubt it will be our last. Even though we spend half of the year away from the Portland area, a visit to Ringside East will on our itinerary for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- changed and not for the betterejg99Dined on 9/29/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for years. They have recently seemed to go through some changes i.e. menu and servers. I had the toughest piece of prime rib I have ever had in my life. I couldn't cut it or chew it. The new menu lacks the charm that the Ringside was once known for. This place has been an institution in Portland and Im afraid it is now on its way out. Excellent meat and white table cloth serving were the hallmarks of this restaurant. No more.Special Features:
- Just OK for a steak house.DavidRS4VIPDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was nice. Filet was only ok. About what you would get at any mid-level steak place. Presentation was nice and they did have good onion rings. Lettuce didn't seem fresh and chicken was only ok as well. Service was hit or miss. The server was polite but had to ask 3 people for water.
- Pricey...butLovesItalianDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted the filet mignon, but the 9 oz. size is too much food. So my wife asked if we could split the meal, and our waitress said "of course"! So we each ordered a wonderful salad, enjoyed the steak and garlic mashed potatoes, and had room for dessert to share. Our waitress also recommended a reasonably-priced red wine ($30). Knowing we can split our dinner makes the decision to return a no-brainer. We'll be back for my wife's birthday in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I went for out 22nd anniversary. We had a great time. The food was great, the staff was superb. The steaks cooked perfectly. My wife did not like her salad, the dressing was a bit too thin she likes blue cheese. My salad was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing discovery!!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/25/2014We absolutely loved the RingSide Steakhouse. The food was terrific and so was the wine. Prime rib was perfectly cooked and delicious. The salmon was superb and the creme brûlée was the best we ever had and very freshly made. The service was impeccable. The waitress, Sheila, was as professional, knowledgable and helpful as you could ever want. This was our first time at the restaurant and we are looking forward to going back next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerTazzyDined on 9/25/2014It was my mother's 89th birthday, so it was important to me that the evening was enjoyable. We were treated special the minute we walked through the door. Our server was exceptional and made sure she gave us attention without rushing us. Great food, great service! Mission accomplished, my mother's birthday dinner was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed our visit; our waitress was special. The food is a bit pricey, but OK for special occasions.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseCoworkersVIPDined on 9/20/2014I just had a surprise birthday dinner for my girlfriend. There were nine of us in all and the restaurant was great to work with. When we sat down, they had printed menus that had Happy Birthday Michelle across the top. A very nice touch. The food was outstanding. All the dishes came out at the same time and were prepared exactly as ordered. Most of all the service was superlative. The primary waiter for our table, John, was on top of everything. You can tell he has been in the business for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I loved the special touch of the personalized 'Birthday' menu! Booking reso's on-line is totally the way to go!Special Features:
- Great service, great steak!Michael492Dined on 9/19/2014Wait service was top notch and steak was cooked perfectly. It also was a nice surprise to get a free order of their fabulous onion rings for making ourreservations on line, plus a free dessert because we were celebrating a wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio lunchPatKMDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful view and excellent service from our server, Chris. Attentive but not intrusive. Food was great. Onion rings, OH MY!!!Special Features:
- Favorito!DeliciosoDined on 9/18/2014Definitely a good place from a romantic scene to groups to dine client as gift for business or just friends...it is a great experience and a pleafure to come back over n over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great staff.LuvtoeatoutDined on 9/15/2014It is a little spendy. Our waitress said they will be remodeling in January and be more like a grill. The bar's happy hour has the best pizza I've ever tasted. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChloeDined on 9/15/2014The birthday lunch was a big disappointment. The turkey cobb salad was just okay. The lettuce was soggy. The waiter ( Chris) seemed bored & indifferent. They gave us free onion rings because I made the reservations on line.I also got a 15% reduction on the bill again e -resers. could not use that, because we got the onion rings. The reviews indicated that others used both freebies at the same meal for e-resers. No bread was given with the 2 cobb salads? The table was plain with2 little plates and flatware wrapped in a napkin, pushed off to the corner of the table... maybe for the onion rings?certainly not bread.there was no bread.Chris told me I could use the 15%off next time. No, never again. not a special B lunch at all. disappointing.
- Anniversary DinnerTDWinDined on 9/14/2014This was our first wedding anniversary and we enjoyed the meal. The waiter was right there and helpful with our meal choice. The side order of mushrooms were overcooked but everything else was great. We had registered with them in February and they sent us an email that congratulated us on our anniversary I printed it and brought in they gave each of us a complimentary dessert. Really had a very relaxing time and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Past it's prime...SuperblueVIPDined on 9/10/2014The ringside (East and West) used to be "the" place to go for a steak.... But honestly, it needs some serious updating in decor and menu. I had the nightly special... a couple of filet mignon medallions (4 oz), "crispy potatoes" (new potatoes, fried) and garlic sauteed spinach (tasted very musty, not fresh).. it was sadly very boring... my husband had the 6 oz filet (only $5 more than the special and clearly a better choice). To be fair, the filets were beautiful, mine was a perfect medium rare, my husband's 6 oz was more rare than medium rare, but still tasty. The greeting staff are pleasant and helpful. Our waiter was a bit over the top with way too many "my friend's" in his over solicious service. Just needs a serious all over update!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our visit to Ringside East, food and service were very good. The summer fixed price menu was a super value.Special Features:
- Usual High-Class Servicetrw6142Dined on 8/31/2014We've been to the Ringside Eastside many times over the years, for special occaisions. Our trip this time was no exception to the tremendous, courteous service we expected. Frank, our waiter, is one of the finest in the business. The only thing that detracted from our experience was that my rib-eye steak was quite tough and chewy. I probably should have sent it back, but that would have spoiled to mood of the moment. However, the rest of my meal, and my wife's meal, were excellent! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BirthdayCharlesStemperDined on 8/30/2014The service was done with an outstanding staff. Had a wonderful birthday celebration with the service from all.Special Features:
- Service was outstandingGoodFoodRocksDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent, as always. Surf and turf was perfect, as was the husband's steak. But what impressed us both the most was an incredible improvement in service. Servers were attentive without being obtrusive, and every course was timed to perfection. Ambiance with the fire and dimmed lighting is perfect for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Good Location for Special DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Went to celebrate a Job change for my wife. Always had excellent meals and excellent service in the past. Our meal was very good, but service from waitress only fair. Hate to rate a place that I have always enjoyed over the years that low. She didn't appear often and one example was that she asked if we wanted bread and we said yes. Our salad arrived and still no bread and we had to ask other staff to help. If not for the two support staff who did note us looking around for her, I would have asked for the manager. Those two young men became very attentive to us and saved the night. She was pleasant, but wasn't around much (maybe to many tables to service). At dessert time she came by and did a nice job with the final part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.