14021 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97230Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Eastside
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032550750
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Turke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: 140th
- Public Transit: Served by 25-Glisan/Rockwood
Stop ID 2047
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Westbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- OR -
Stop ID 2048
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Eastbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have adequate parking available in a well lit parking lot in front of our restaurant.
The Eastside restaurant features great steaks and a wide range of entree options in a more relaxed country club-like atmosphere only 10 minutes from the airport.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings; a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural beef. Steaks are cooked to perfection.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Our waiter was very busy that night, but he and several other employees made sure all our needs were meet on a timely basis and the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great Steak!CherylVIPDined on 10/12/2014Ringside is known to be able to produce an excellent steak and cooked exactly the way you order it. The meals are expensive and for the most part worth it.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner - Young Servers...BankerManUSADined on 10/4/2014Ringside is an excellent choice for your special evening. Just beware of the younger servers here who are clearly less experienced, less knowledgable and a bit clumsier than some of the more seasoned folks. If you're not here for dinner, this place has a MAGICAL Happy Hour menu. Wowza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitGreshamDaveDined on 10/4/2014Although this was our first visit, I doubt it will be our last. Even though we spend half of the year away from the Portland area, a visit to Ringside East will on our itinerary for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- changed and not for the betterejg99Dined on 9/29/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for years. They have recently seemed to go through some changes i.e. menu and servers. I had the toughest piece of prime rib I have ever had in my life. I couldn't cut it or chew it. The new menu lacks the charm that the Ringside was once known for. This place has been an institution in Portland and Im afraid it is now on its way out. Excellent meat and white table cloth serving were the hallmarks of this restaurant. No more.Special Features:
- Just OK for a steak house.DavidRS4VIPDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was nice. Filet was only ok. About what you would get at any mid-level steak place. Presentation was nice and they did have good onion rings. Lettuce didn't seem fresh and chicken was only ok as well. Service was hit or miss. The server was polite but had to ask 3 people for water.
- Pricey...butLovesItalianDined on 9/27/2014I really wanted the filet mignon, but the 9 oz. size is too much food. So my wife asked if we could split the meal, and our waitress said "of course"! So we each ordered a wonderful salad, enjoyed the steak and garlic mashed potatoes, and had room for dessert to share. Our waitress also recommended a reasonably-priced red wine ($30). Knowing we can split our dinner makes the decision to return a no-brainer. We'll be back for my wife's birthday in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I went for out 22nd anniversary. We had a great time. The food was great, the staff was superb. The steaks cooked perfectly. My wife did not like her salad, the dressing was a bit too thin she likes blue cheese. My salad was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing discovery!!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/25/2014We absolutely loved the RingSide Steakhouse. The food was terrific and so was the wine. Prime rib was perfectly cooked and delicious. The salmon was superb and the creme brûlée was the best we ever had and very freshly made. The service was impeccable. The waitress, Sheila, was as professional, knowledgable and helpful as you could ever want. This was our first time at the restaurant and we are looking forward to going back next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerTazzyDined on 9/25/2014It was my mother's 89th birthday, so it was important to me that the evening was enjoyable. We were treated special the minute we walked through the door. Our server was exceptional and made sure she gave us attention without rushing us. Great food, great service! Mission accomplished, my mother's birthday dinner was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed our visit; our waitress was special. The food is a bit pricey, but OK for special occasions.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseCoworkersVIPDined on 9/20/2014I just had a surprise birthday dinner for my girlfriend. There were nine of us in all and the restaurant was great to work with. When we sat down, they had printed menus that had Happy Birthday Michelle across the top. A very nice touch. The food was outstanding. All the dishes came out at the same time and were prepared exactly as ordered. Most of all the service was superlative. The primary waiter for our table, John, was on top of everything. You can tell he has been in the business for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I loved the special touch of the personalized 'Birthday' menu! Booking reso's on-line is totally the way to go!Special Features:
- Great service, great steak!Michael492Dined on 9/19/2014Wait service was top notch and steak was cooked perfectly. It also was a nice surprise to get a free order of their fabulous onion rings for making ourreservations on line, plus a free dessert because we were celebrating a wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio lunchPatKMDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful view and excellent service from our server, Chris. Attentive but not intrusive. Food was great. Onion rings, OH MY!!!Special Features:
- Favorito!DeliciosoDined on 9/18/2014Definitely a good place from a romantic scene to groups to dine client as gift for business or just friends...it is a great experience and a pleafure to come back over n over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great staff.LuvtoeatoutDined on 9/15/2014It is a little spendy. Our waitress said they will be remodeling in January and be more like a grill. The bar's happy hour has the best pizza I've ever tasted. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChloeDined on 9/15/2014The birthday lunch was a big disappointment. The turkey cobb salad was just okay. The lettuce was soggy. The waiter ( Chris) seemed bored & indifferent. They gave us free onion rings because I made the reservations on line.I also got a 15% reduction on the bill again e -resers. could not use that, because we got the onion rings. The reviews indicated that others used both freebies at the same meal for e-resers. No bread was given with the 2 cobb salads? The table was plain with2 little plates and flatware wrapped in a napkin, pushed off to the corner of the table... maybe for the onion rings?certainly not bread.there was no bread.Chris told me I could use the 15%off next time. No, never again. not a special B lunch at all. disappointing.
- Anniversary DinnerTDWinDined on 9/14/2014This was our first wedding anniversary and we enjoyed the meal. The waiter was right there and helpful with our meal choice. The side order of mushrooms were overcooked but everything else was great. We had registered with them in February and they sent us an email that congratulated us on our anniversary I printed it and brought in they gave each of us a complimentary dessert. Really had a very relaxing time and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Past it's prime...SuperblueVIPDined on 9/10/2014The ringside (East and West) used to be "the" place to go for a steak.... But honestly, it needs some serious updating in decor and menu. I had the nightly special... a couple of filet mignon medallions (4 oz), "crispy potatoes" (new potatoes, fried) and garlic sauteed spinach (tasted very musty, not fresh).. it was sadly very boring... my husband had the 6 oz filet (only $5 more than the special and clearly a better choice). To be fair, the filets were beautiful, mine was a perfect medium rare, my husband's 6 oz was more rare than medium rare, but still tasty. The greeting staff are pleasant and helpful. Our waiter was a bit over the top with way too many "my friend's" in his over solicious service. Just needs a serious all over update!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our visit to Ringside East, food and service were very good. The summer fixed price menu was a super value.Special Features:
- Usual High-Class Servicetrw6142Dined on 8/31/2014We've been to the Ringside Eastside many times over the years, for special occaisions. Our trip this time was no exception to the tremendous, courteous service we expected. Frank, our waiter, is one of the finest in the business. The only thing that detracted from our experience was that my rib-eye steak was quite tough and chewy. I probably should have sent it back, but that would have spoiled to mood of the moment. However, the rest of my meal, and my wife's meal, were excellent! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BirthdayCharlesStemperDined on 8/30/2014The service was done with an outstanding staff. Had a wonderful birthday celebration with the service from all.Special Features:
- Service was outstandingGoodFoodRocksDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent, as always. Surf and turf was perfect, as was the husband's steak. But what impressed us both the most was an incredible improvement in service. Servers were attentive without being obtrusive, and every course was timed to perfection. Ambiance with the fire and dimmed lighting is perfect for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Good Location for Special DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Went to celebrate a Job change for my wife. Always had excellent meals and excellent service in the past. Our meal was very good, but service from waitress only fair. Hate to rate a place that I have always enjoyed over the years that low. She didn't appear often and one example was that she asked if we wanted bread and we said yes. Our salad arrived and still no bread and we had to ask other staff to help. If not for the two support staff who did note us looking around for her, I would have asked for the manager. Those two young men became very attentive to us and saved the night. She was pleasant, but wasn't around much (maybe to many tables to service). At dessert time she came by and did a nice job with the final part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing, service outstanding, and great wine. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be more satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I think it's the best restaurant in East Portland. We often come here for special occasions. The atmosphere is casual elegance and very relaxing. I always enjoy every morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceJimcoDined on 8/10/2014Our special dining experience was not up to standard this evening. Fillets were dry and no flavor. Our guests had prime rib that was fatty and hard to cut. Poor presentation and extreme price for quality and quantity.Special Features:
- DisappointedBuzzDined on 8/10/2014I've dined at Ringside - Eastside many times over the years. The experience was always a pleasure -- until this recent visit. The onion rings weren't the wonderful rings I've always enjoyed previously (not awful, just not wonderful) and the waitress didn't inquire beforehand which dip I'd prefer (I like mine with ranch dressing). The prime rib was anything but tender, and certainly not the prime grade I've come to expect from this restaurant.
- AnniversaryGreggDined on 8/7/2014Had a great dinner for our anniversary. Ringside is a go-to place for us.Special Features:
- Ringside EastjmopentablecritiqueDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant had good service, and the food was good but very pricey for what it was. I travel for business every week and dine with clients quite a bit. I find this restaurant has Longhorn type food with Ruth Chris pricing. When we arrived at our table, my bread plate was noticeably filthy, but the server was happy to replace it with a clean one. Our server had a great personality, and was very helpful. I would probably look further for client dining options if I were looking to impress but for a quick meal the restaurant was ok but, once again, a little pricey for what it is.
- perfectmasmoeDined on 8/3/2014Ringside is the best, alway perfect portions and cooked to perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great Place ! One of my favorites!! Make sure to have the bananas Foster!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Eat at your restaurant once or twice a month,usually in the bar.Special Features:
- Special occasionJeanieDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated a birthday here and once again our special occasion was made special by the Ringside staff and excellent food. We have enjoyed many meals and happy hours here and plan for many more. A gem,,,,Special Features:
- jackDined on 7/22/2014The food was cooked to perfection, but for the price there should have been a few vegetables on the plate There was no presentation. My wife ordered lobster tail and there was nothing else on the plate. ( no presentation ) . My wife ordered asparagus, which should have been put on the plate with the lobster .It was in a separate dish.Special Features:
- Old School SteakhouseGoodyDined on 7/21/2014I was looking forward to this steakhouse, as I have heard about it for years. Red leather, dark walls and lots of meat. The leather and dark walls is what I expected, the food was not. The steak was far more expensive that it should have been and had far less taste than it should have. The waiter only wanted to help us on his schedule (slow) and when we tried to speed things up, he was flustered. Go here only if you want to see an old schools steakhouse, but pay current "trendy" steakhouse prices. One and done.
- Fantastic experience!J3nnilynnDined on 7/18/2014Went for late dinner with my husband and 10 year old son. Bob our server was fantastic, he made my son feel welcome and eased his nervousness about being in a fine dining restaurant. Within minutes of sitting down Bob had two plates of onion rings brought out which made the boys night. I had the peppered NY strip and it was amazing, my husband had the bone in steak and it took all his will power to not pick up the bone and chew on it when he was done, my son had the steak bites off the kids menu and he said it was the best steak he'd ever had. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a good steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatRestatsVIPDined on 7/18/2014It is always so comfortable to have a meal there and the beef is as good as it gets. The steaks are always cooked as requested and the garlic mashed potatoes are a favoite of mine. My wife always has the special prime rib which is perfect. It is the best of Portland and does not compare to other steak houses, in our humble opinion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have always enjoyed the food, the staff the quietness and the ambience. The ringside will be our place to celebrate all our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.