14021 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97230Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Eastside
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032550750
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Monday - Thursday: 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM,
Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Turke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: 140th
- Public Transit: Served by 25-Glisan/Rockwood
Stop ID 2047
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Westbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- OR -
Stop ID 2048
NE Glisan & 141st in Portland Eastbound
Stop is in Fare Zone 3
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have adequate parking available in a well lit parking lot in front of our restaurant.
The Eastside restaurant features great steaks and a wide range of entree options in a more relaxed country club-like atmosphere only 10 minutes from the airport.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings; a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural beef. Steaks are cooked to perfection.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD.
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Usual High-Class ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We've been to the Ringside Eastside many times over the years, for special occaisions. Our trip this time was no exception to the tremendous, courteous service we expected. Frank, our waiter, is one of the finest in the business. The only thing that detracted from our experience was that my rib-eye steak was quite tough and chewy. I probably should have sent it back, but that would have spoiled to mood of the moment. However, the rest of my meal, and my wife's meal, were excellent! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service was done with an outstanding staff. Had a wonderful birthday celebration with the service from all.Special Features:
- Service was outstandingGoodFoodRocksDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent, as always. Surf and turf was perfect, as was the husband's steak. But what impressed us both the most was an incredible improvement in service. Servers were attentive without being obtrusive, and every course was timed to perfection. Ambiance with the fire and dimmed lighting is perfect for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Good Location for Special DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Went to celebrate a Job change for my wife. Always had excellent meals and excellent service in the past. Our meal was very good, but service from waitress only fair. Hate to rate a place that I have always enjoyed over the years that low. She didn't appear often and one example was that she asked if we wanted bread and we said yes. Our salad arrived and still no bread and we had to ask other staff to help. If not for the two support staff who did note us looking around for her, I would have asked for the manager. Those two young men became very attentive to us and saved the night. She was pleasant, but wasn't around much (maybe to many tables to service). At dessert time she came by and did a nice job with the final part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing, service outstanding, and great wine. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be more satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I think it's the best restaurant in East Portland. We often come here for special occasions. The atmosphere is casual elegance and very relaxing. I always enjoy every morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceJimcoDined on 8/10/2014Our special dining experience was not up to standard this evening. Fillets were dry and no flavor. Our guests had prime rib that was fatty and hard to cut. Poor presentation and extreme price for quality and quantity.Special Features:
- DisappointedBuzzDined on 8/10/2014I've dined at Ringside - Eastside many times over the years. The experience was always a pleasure -- until this recent visit. The onion rings weren't the wonderful rings I've always enjoyed previously (not awful, just not wonderful) and the waitress didn't inquire beforehand which dip I'd prefer (I like mine with ranch dressing). The prime rib was anything but tender, and certainly not the prime grade I've come to expect from this restaurant.
- AnniversaryGreggDined on 8/7/2014Had a great dinner for our anniversary. Ringside is a go-to place for us.Special Features:
- Ringside EastjmopentablecritiqueDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant had good service, and the food was good but very pricey for what it was. I travel for business every week and dine with clients quite a bit. I find this restaurant has Longhorn type food with Ruth Chris pricing. When we arrived at our table, my bread plate was noticeably filthy, but the server was happy to replace it with a clean one. Our server had a great personality, and was very helpful. I would probably look further for client dining options if I were looking to impress but for a quick meal the restaurant was ok but, once again, a little pricey for what it is.
- perfectmasmoeDined on 8/3/2014Ringside is the best, alway perfect portions and cooked to perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Great Place ! One of my favorites!! Make sure to have the bananas Foster!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Eat at your restaurant once or twice a month,usually in the bar.Special Features:
- Special occasionJeanieDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated a birthday here and once again our special occasion was made special by the Ringside staff and excellent food. We have enjoyed many meals and happy hours here and plan for many more. A gem,,,,Special Features:
- jackDined on 7/22/2014The food was cooked to perfection, but for the price there should have been a few vegetables on the plate There was no presentation. My wife ordered lobster tail and there was nothing else on the plate. ( no presentation ) . My wife ordered asparagus, which should have been put on the plate with the lobster .It was in a separate dish.Special Features:
- Old School SteakhouseGoodyDined on 7/21/2014I was looking forward to this steakhouse, as I have heard about it for years. Red leather, dark walls and lots of meat. The leather and dark walls is what I expected, the food was not. The steak was far more expensive that it should have been and had far less taste than it should have. The waiter only wanted to help us on his schedule (slow) and when we tried to speed things up, he was flustered. Go here only if you want to see an old schools steakhouse, but pay current "trendy" steakhouse prices. One and done.
- Fantastic experience!J3nnilynnDined on 7/18/2014Went for late dinner with my husband and 10 year old son. Bob our server was fantastic, he made my son feel welcome and eased his nervousness about being in a fine dining restaurant. Within minutes of sitting down Bob had two plates of onion rings brought out which made the boys night. I had the peppered NY strip and it was amazing, my husband had the bone in steak and it took all his will power to not pick up the bone and chew on it when he was done, my son had the steak bites off the kids menu and he said it was the best steak he'd ever had. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a good steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatRestatsVIPDined on 7/18/2014It is always so comfortable to have a meal there and the beef is as good as it gets. The steaks are always cooked as requested and the garlic mashed potatoes are a favoite of mine. My wife always has the special prime rib which is perfect. It is the best of Portland and does not compare to other steak houses, in our humble opinion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have always enjoyed the food, the staff the quietness and the ambience. The ringside will be our place to celebrate all our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodnonicknameDined on 7/12/2014Here is my feedback for our dinner on Saturday. 1. The steaks were quite good, but not amazing. I would expect more along the lines of amazing for the prices you charge. I can only say I've had better for less cost. Maybe putting a little butter or seasoning on the steak would help it approach amazing. 2. The server asked me if I wanted change (I paid in cash). I hate it when they do this - it presumes that they think all the change is for them. It is a major annoyance for me. I did want change, and he misunderstood, and he kept it all.
- Special occasion done wellAlexVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our very nice anniversary dinner came with some pleasant gifts: free onion rings for reserving online, 15% off entire food portion of bill, and a free dessert of our choice (yummy bananas foster). Since some restaurants don't even acknowledge special occasions, this VIP treatment was greatly appreciated. Good food and pleasant service, one can see why Ringside has been around a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doung Steaks rightunderwhelmedVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ringside is a very good steak house. High quality beef done perfectly to order. We also had the calamari and it was cooked perfectly. The waitstaff, although not very warm, was very good. It was nice to be in a restaurant with a staff the knows which side to place and which side to clear. That seems to be uncommon in the Portland dining scene. If you like onion rings, this is the place to eat them....Special Features:
- Fabulous Birthday DinnerCherDined on 7/3/2014I took my husband, his mom, and his sister for a "surprise" birthday dinner. It was a 5-star evening all around. We were greeted cordially as soon as we walked through the door and shown to our table a few minutes later. because I had made our reservations on-line we were treated to some really good onion rings. Our waitress, Michelle, was very attentive throughout our meal, she made the event even more special with her humor and good nature. We all ordered the tenderloin and, to a person, enjoyed every bite -- it was very tender and cooked to perfection. Because it was Dan's birthday he was offered the dessert of his choice. Crime Brûlée was the choice and it was also very good. We've decided Ringside will be our Go-to restaurant.Special Features:
- Great good!BeefItsWhatsForDinnerDined on 7/3/2014The food here is amazing. Steaks are perfect and melt in your mouth. The onion rings are superb as an appetizer, and I can't say enough good things about the lemon cheesecake dessert (huge portion!)! Service from our server sadly didn't match the food though, as he was less than stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners 3Diner3Dined on 6/28/2014Service and food are excellent. We took our family, son and daughter-in-law, daughter, wife and myself, for my wife's birthday. Menus came with "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY" printer across the top. this was our first trip to the Ringside-Eastside, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside East Does Not DisappointPickyEaterDined on 6/27/2014I had a wonderful meal at the Ringside East on 6/27/14. The food was fantastic and the server was extraordinary. We received complimentary onion rings for making reservations using Open Table (Bonus!!). I highly recommend Ringside East!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never be disappointed!yakbooDined on 6/25/2014Use this restaurant for business and private. Always wonderful experience were guaranteed.Special Features:
- Great relaxing dinnerMannyDined on 6/23/2014Great food and exceptional service. Perfect place for a nice dinner and wine without the hustle and bustle of being downtown.Special Features:
- rosieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Steak and prime rib were excellent--they remain some of the best in the city. French silk pie was very heavy and rich and we had been expecting something light (chocolate mousse). Our server was very pleasant but the service was very slow. My wine was delivered when we were finished eating and we were tempted to ask for our dessert to go because it took so long to receive it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinneryummyDined on 6/22/2014We eat at the Ringside often. The service is always excellent, the food is good. We like that the menu has changed slightly. We do wish that fresh flowers were still on each table.Special Features:
- Food for fourPatPDined on 6/21/2014Four of us went to eat at Ringside on Saturday evening. As usual, everything was great. We had prime rib, surf and turf and filet mignon - all were prepared to perfection. And oh the onion rings were fabulous, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014Wanted to find great dinner close to airport. This was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayGreatDined on 6/18/2014We went to Ringside East to celebrate my wife's birthday as we had been there many times before and enjoyed it every time, Nice atmosphere, excellent wine, wonderful service, and great food.Special Features:
- Good experienceGregVIPDined on 6/18/2014Food was good but pricey. Portions were generous and ambiance was surprisingly good for the physical location. Good wine list but overpriced.
- Amazing FoodIke59Dined on 6/14/2014The Chilled Seafood platter appetizer was amazing - made for 2 it would be a meal in itself. My fiancé and I split the Porterhouse - it was to die for - simply amazing. Wine list was a little pricey, but it did contain some good values. We can not wait to go back. The prices were very reasonable for what we got and represent an excellent value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014When something is perfect time has a way of changing it and not necessarily for the better. Not here. Always excellent. If any of the staff is having a bad day you would not notice it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwopacgirlVIPDined on 6/12/2014Nice get away for great food whether for two or a group; and professional staff.Special Features:
- CustomerCustomerDined on 6/4/2014The food was delicious as always; the service a little slower than usual. The 8-plus customers at table nearby were too loud.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We really enjoyed ourselves, celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary--a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Best steaks in town.luvagoodsteakDined on 5/30/2014Been to Morton's, El Gaucho & Ruth Chris and Ringside has the best steak by far. Service is always excellent, wine selection enormous, always an enjoyable experience.Special Features: