RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
838 SW Park Ave
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ringsidefishhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032273900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Ezelle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A perfect stop before the Theater, whether it be on the Big Screen or on the Stage. While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance of the restaurant overlooking Director Park.
- Cross Street: SW Taylor
- Public Transit: Located adjacent to the Pioneer Square MAX Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self-Parking is available in the Fox Tower Garage validated at 50% off posted rates. On-street parking is also available at posted rates.
On-site valet parking is available for $7 evenings.
A word from RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
A contemporary Northwest fish house with a modern accent.Continued
It has been said that "nature writes the menu" and this adage guides the approach of our culinary path from the seasons of fresh fish to the harvest of the produce. We are fortunate to be close to the ocean and walking distance to a premier farmer's market.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (75)romantic (64)good for groups (40)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (17)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Top marks but for timingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014All was superb expect that it took a lengthy amount of time for the entrée to be served. Slightly uncomfortable to wait so long and embarrassing as we were hosting out of town family for their first time Portland visit. This restaurant was our suggestion and we may rethink another visit unless we have extended time to linger. Tho I will say, everything else really was wonderful. Kitchen may have been short staffed ... Hopefully that one time only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveDowntheriverDined on 10/15/2014Nice to be in a place where you don't have to shout to be heard. The cut of beef in the Surf & Turf was high quality and perfectly done. The rockfish dish was outstanding. The Ahi Poke was sublime. The raw oysters were fresh and full flavored - as they must be. First time dining there and it exceeded expectations. The local photographs and locally made copper fish sculptures give the place a feeling of uniqueness, even though you're in the middle of downtown Portland. Well done and thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is "KING"CricketPopsDined on 10/13/2014While all the elements for fine dining are present at the Fish House, it is clearly "service" that makes any guest return. Great ambiance with a view of the downtown hustle but it was our servers that encouraged us to plan a return visit. From the doorman, your hostess' greeting and multiple servers, it's obvious that service is the priority. This is not to say that you can falter in any of the other expectations. Food quality, preparation and innovation are a "must" just to stay in the game. Even the support staff were attentive and cordial. Quick to remove an empty plate or fill up your glass of water but it was out server with her exchange on food, wine and culture that hit the mark. I only hope that she is the typical dining experience.Special Features:
- Overpriced and overratedMatildeDined on 10/11/2014The special pear salad was excellent. I had to send the Caesar back as they had a faux anchovy. The swordfish was not all that tasty for the price. I have had much better in the past. I would recommend it with reservations as it has a good location ie near the theatrical venues and if you want to eat close to them you have to choose some restaurant. I judge mostly on the taste of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great salmonannabananaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was great. The food was delicious. The kitchen seemed slow, but we weren't in any hurry. We're on vacation. Had some yummy oysters - 3 different varieties. The donuts and ice cream trio was a perfect dessert.Special Features:
- CarlDined on 10/10/2014Waiter had good knowledge of the menu and the meals were presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold steakPDXgolfDined on 10/8/2014Ordered the filet minon and it was served cold - seriously had to send the dinner back. I know thia is a dish house, but being part of the Ringside name - I expected WAY more. Disappointed.
- Great anniversary celebrationGZzzzVIPDined on 10/7/2014We chose RingSide to celebrate our anniversary and were well cared for. The staff had a wonderful little greeting card for us at the table. Our meal from start to finish was excellent & we thoroughly enjoyed every part of the evening. Thanks for making it so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceVetdad1Dined on 10/5/2014Our party of five was seated right away and everyone's drink selections accomodated. Appetizers included the crab cakes, fresh oysters and the lobster soup. The fresh crusty bread was delightful. Entrees included plank wild caught salmon, surf and turf and a seafood pasta. Everyone raved about the food which was freely shared. Conversation was never compromised by noise. All in all, a delightful experience. If you're visiting Portland, make sure to include this restaurant in your travel plans.Special Features:
- DonUP2SKIDined on 9/30/2014The fish, steaks, crab and lobster ... amazing!! The server knew exactly how to handle our old vintage wines without stirring up a bunch of sediment. It was a lot of fun. BTW The onion rings are the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho humfoodiefamilyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were expecting great food and service, as we have come to expect from Ringside Steakhouse. Sadly, the food was mediocre and the kitchen got backed up so we waited forever for our entrees. Waiter did not come to check in with us during the 45 minutes between salad and entree. We had a good group and good conversation, but certainly wondered what was taking so long. Swordfish and prawns all tasted like they were previously frozen and not very fresh, kind of chewy which is not a good quality for seafood in this price range. Desserts were pretty good, coffee was extremely bitter and almost undrinkable.Special Features:
- Real DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014Do you look for places that still have real dining? Ringside has it down pat. We enjoyed the excellent service and food. Be sure to chat with your server about what you want. When I said no I didn't want to see a dessert menu, I wanted to order from it, I got the appropriate reaction. Don't miss their hot donuts. (But you may ask them to go easy on the dipping sugar.)Special Features:
- Classic menuTShlaesDined on 9/26/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion or for a romantic dinner. Service is good and so is the menu. Fairly typical menu for a steak and seafood place. Well prepared. Price are expensive but they do offer an early bird special 3 course for $38.00. Good size portions and meat is perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Perfect again and againMJWHEARTSDined on 9/26/2014Meeting a girlfriend there before a theater performance, I was a bit late but found my friend enjoying a glass of champagne at a window seat overlooking Director Park. I wasn't seated but a couple of minutes when our waiter, Ed, came for my drink order. With a large selection of good vodkas, getting an excellent martini was no problem. I had the halibut and my friend had one of the several salmon dishes offered that night. Both were elegantly prepared and absolutely delicious. Beautiful surroundings, nice view, excellent food and superior service. Oh, yes. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodJohnDoughVIPDined on 9/25/2014Nice and varied menu selection, something for everyone. Friendly and helpful staff. Fresh fish can be prepared simply if desired. Very cool feature! Popular place but noise level was not too bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Our family was happy to go here as it was one of our favorites for special occasions. Service & food were terrible. Part of our party drank wine &they were attended to. However, the others that were not drinking alcohol had to ask for refills for water/coffee. The food was the worst I have had in a long time. My filet mignon was black when it arrived with a slab of potatoes on side-bad presentation. Others had steak & salmon all of which had charcoal covered on outside. All we could taste was charcoal like at a amateur's barbecue! I did complain to the manager. He brought me a glass of sparkling wine but was not observant as I don't drink&had empty coffee cup in front of me! Took 3 requests to get Bill- took 30 mins! Just wanted to go home!
- Consistently MarvelousPharmDukVIPDined on 9/21/2014I am an avid patron of Ringside Fish House. It's not often that one can find a restaurant that consistently pleases the palate; tantalizes the taste buds. Over the past 10 or so years dining at the Fish House, I always leave in anticipation of my next visit. As trite as it may sound, I always find myself eating very slowly savoring each morsel that crosses my palate, regretting the last bite, in realization this marvelous experience is once again coming to a close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic fish houseYummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We got a gift certificate and so we went. It was a surprisingly great experience. The food was wonderful and the service was top notch. We don't frequent classic steak or fish houses much any more but this was a reminder as to why it's a classic.Special Features:
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014I've never had any disappointments here, everything is fantastic: cocktails, wine, seafood, rings, steaks, sides (we don't eat dessert) and the service is top notch. The view of Director's square really adds to the ambiance. Will be back, again and again.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualShaneDined on 9/20/2014Was disappointed with my entree Saturday night . Had seared rate ahi tuna. 4 medallions weren't all that big, one of the pieces was mushy, and it was served on a broth which I've never seen before and seems odd. Don't mind paying that kind of money for a fancy dinner but I expect it to be flawless when I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable event, average farePortlandlocalDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was great, but the prime rib was very ordinary. They brought out the wrong dessert. Overall, we enjoyed the evening, but not worth the price.
- Excellent in Every WayOregontrufflesDined on 9/20/2014We had a truly memorable meal at RingSide Fish House. The fish was impeccably fresh and deliciously prepared. The service was highly professional and efficient. And the wine list was extensive. The sommelier gave us excellent advice--even recommended a bottle that cost less than what we were willing to pay--and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; great serviceiokuaDined on 9/20/2014Food and service were both great. We were actually looking for a place to get Maine lobster but learned when we arrived you could only order the lobster as an add on to your main dish. Overall a good experience but will go elsewhere next time for Lobster.Special Features:
- Redwine42Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was outstanding and took care of us without interruption. Our guest from the East Coast who has dined in all of the major cities across the US loved the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The tomato soup was very tasty and our special requests (items on the side and vegetarian) were accommodated graciously. We were able to relax and enjoy a nice lunch within our one hour lunch time. Hostess and servers were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Exceptionally goodCdnboyDined on 9/14/2014The food, service and wine list were all remarkable. The waiters were very knowledgeable regarding the menu and winew list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Music was a bit too loud for our dinner enjoyment, and we asked to have it turned down a bit (which they did, but they didn't seem happy about it). Too loud music, in our opinoin) doesn't enhance the enjoyment of dinner, as it makes it next to impossible to enjoy conversation with your fellow diners. That said, the service seemed a bit abrupt at first - almost pushy, rather than helpful (not sure why). The service seemed to improve a lot during the meal. Food was good, wine good, and overall we enjoyed dinner - which was a special occasion for a good friend visiting from out of town. Rating is based on the food, rather than the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Wnderful for special occasionsSYTDOM1Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was most accomodating. We had to unfortunately hustle, time-wise, as we had to make a symphony engagement. The food (black cod) was excellent, and my wife really enjoyed her petrole sole. Many thanks for a wonderful supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodgisraDined on 9/12/2014Brought my parents here last week during their visit from New Orleans. My husband and I have wanted to come to Ringside Fish House since it opened and this seemed like a great opportunity. The food was delicious, the noise level was perfect and we have finally found a seafood restaurant we're comfortable recommending to locals and visitors. I'd love to try the happy hour.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Was exactly what my wife and i looking for. Food was very good and just the whole entire aoaphere was relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveninglovinglifeDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Fish House starting off with a glass of Malbec wine from Argentina and their fabulous truffle fries with mounds of fresh crab and rich sauce. We then enjoyed perfectly prepared sole, shrimp salad and mouth watering desserts! A most wonderful surprise treat...a gorgeous plate of house made cardamon, sugar donuts with Happy Anniversary spelled out in chocolate!! Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The service was good, the food was good. The ambiance was good and we were pleased that we could leave our cars with the valet while we went to the show. Your hosts and hostesses were very good both on the phone and in person. We will be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Classic & Comfortable LunchCarloDined on 9/2/2014Good silent service - perfect for a business lunch. Great view overlooking Director's Square.Special Features:
- It's worth it!SlogrecoDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great. What you expect from the Ringside. Can't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambiancefood1949Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant. Nice views out window. Quick service, polite and thoughtful. Food was great!Special Features:
- Great seafooddcwinoDined on 8/29/2014I was traveling through Portland for work and came here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and cocktails hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownerDined on 8/27/2014Chose simple preparation for the fish and got a really nice, tasty, and healthy meal. Good bread with butter and seal salt was supplied without charge. Waitperson was knowledgeable and attentive. Nice place for a special meal.Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdayGirl65Dined on 8/26/2014Most restaurants put the dishes under heat lamps before it is brought to your table. Ringside Fish House delivers your food within minutes of taking it off the grill so it is very fresh. That is the sign of a Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandRDined on 8/23/2014It was our 55th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special.....we found it at The Fish House. We had a great dinner with fantastic service. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knock outVanMarcosDined on 8/22/2014We arrived a bit early on a Friday night and were greeted by a presentable and professional staff. We were offered our table early or to relax & check out the bar. We opted for the bar since we had never set foot in the establishment. My date had a wonderful martini and I sampled some fresh oysters on the half shell. Wonderful ambiance, service, excellent oysters, and beverages. We were seated at our reserved table on schedule and greeted by courteous staff. After being seated, my date stated she could see into the kitchen from her side of the table. I offered to swap sides, but she/we rolled with it. Really, that was the only hiccup in the experience. Caleb, our waiter, was fantastic, the food was impeccable, and overall experience A OK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.