RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
838 SW Park Ave
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ringsidefishhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032273900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Ezelle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A perfect stop before the Theater, whether it be on the Big Screen or on the Stage. While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance of the restaurant overlooking Director Park.
- Cross Street: SW Taylor
- Public Transit: Located adjacent to the Pioneer Square MAX Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self-Parking is available in the Fox Tower Garage validated at 50% off posted rates. On-street parking is also available at posted rates.
On-site valet parking is available for $7 evenings.
A word from RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
A contemporary Northwest fish house with a modern accent.Continued
It has been said that "nature writes the menu" and this adage guides the approach of our culinary path from the seasons of fresh fish to the harvest of the produce. We are fortunate to be close to the ocean and walking distance to a premier farmer's market.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)notable wine list (79)fit for foodies (78)romantic (55)scenic view (40)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- It's worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great. What you expect from the Ringside. Can't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant. Nice views out window. Quick service, polite and thoughtful. Food was great!Special Features:
- Great seafooddcwinoDined on 8/29/2014I was traveling through Portland for work and came here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and cocktails hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownerDined on 8/27/2014Chose simple preparation for the fish and got a really nice, tasty, and healthy meal. Good bread with butter and seal salt was supplied without charge. Waitperson was knowledgeable and attentive. Nice place for a special meal.Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdayGirl65Dined on 8/26/2014Most restaurants put the dishes under heat lamps before it is brought to your table. Ringside Fish House delivers your food within minutes of taking it off the grill so it is very fresh. That is the sign of a Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandRDined on 8/23/2014It was our 55th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special.....we found it at The Fish House. We had a great dinner with fantastic service. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knock outVanMarcosDined on 8/22/2014We arrived a bit early on a Friday night and were greeted by a presentable and professional staff. We were offered our table early or to relax & check out the bar. We opted for the bar since we had never set foot in the establishment. My date had a wonderful martini and I sampled some fresh oysters on the half shell. Wonderful ambiance, service, excellent oysters, and beverages. We were seated at our reserved table on schedule and greeted by courteous staff. After being seated, my date stated she could see into the kitchen from her side of the table. I offered to swap sides, but she/we rolled with it. Really, that was the only hiccup in the experience. Caleb, our waiter, was fantastic, the food was impeccable, and overall experience A OK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite foodLOJoanDined on 8/22/2014I visited RingSide Fish House to treat myself. I ordered the Rockfish with red coconut curry sauce. What a delight of flavors!! It exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTreywall1Dined on 8/21/2014The food was superb and the service even better. Our server Chris was fun, funny, knowledgeable and an obvious pro. Savanna the manger was great and made our evening a fantastic one with her charm, wit and lovely recommendations from the wine list. Very nice job indeed all around. Thanks to the entire staff.Special Features:
- My dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014We took some out of state family members for dinner. All of our food, service and overall night was magnificent. From the valet to the to the server to the chef our experience was outstanding. I will highly recommend this to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed the swordfish and trout at Rigside Fish House, as the food was very good and the waitress was most attentive. The "small" serving of onion rings was huge but tasty, and the vegetables, mashed potatoes, and rice served with the entrees were very good. Ringside Fish House is a good choice for dinner when in the area of Portland's Pioneer Square.
- Great Downtown LocationDavidVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a short visit to Portland and found this place on Open Table. It has good reviews and is deserving of them. Everything was very good and after dinner we went across the street to a park and listened to music.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We really liked our server, friendly, attentive...Special Features:
- first time visiting the fish houseAHONGDined on 8/15/2014First time visit to this place. I have visited the steakhouse and was pretty impressed with the food and service there, and this time the food and service of fish house impressed me again. It has great entree and sides (scallops, the fish dishes are all good, and the crab meat Mac 'n Cheese as well as the lobster mashed potato are great too!). The environment and the location of the restaurant is also great. Will definitely recommend friends to come.Special Features:
- don't recommendchicavalabDined on 8/7/2014The food was tasteless, ridiculously small portions, and thoughtlessly presented. Our waiter was bored and apathetic. A lack luster meal at a high price.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I chose this restaurant because it was the highest-rated restaurant on OpenTable in the area of Portland where I was staying. I was visiting from Miami, where we know a thing or two about seafood. Nothing I had was bad, but nothing was so good as to merit the prices they charge. The crab cakes contained shredded crab, not chunks of crab. They were twice the price they ought to be. On the other hand, the service was superb.
- Yummy Filet MignonJohnSDined on 8/6/2014For this birthday dinner, Ringside served me a delicious 6-oz filet mignon, grilled to medium, and one of the best pieces of beef I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The accompanying au gratin potatoes also ere very tasty. I will remember the steak for a long time. My partner also like her swordfish. We both liked our wines: an Argentine malbec for me, a Spanish tempranillo for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters! yummthoodmamaDined on 8/4/2014I tried one each of the daily selection of oysters and they were superb. My husband's surf turf was expertly prepared and my salmon a was fresh and tasty. It's one of the best places for fresh fish and seafood in the state. The service was friendly and attentive without being over the top. She provided excellent recommendations for wine pairings and knew the menu well. We.will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodCopperTopperVIPDined on 8/2/2014Came here for a special birthday dinner. The seafood was fresh and delicious and the wait staff knowledgeable and on top of everything. As a tourist to Portland, I was told to try Jake's Crawfish. That too was yummy but I was really glad to have found Ringside Fish House. I will definitely be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedsrsdiningDined on 7/30/2014I dined with my wife and daughter. My meal was fine. My wife order halibut with a flavored sauce, but received the fish plain. It was edible, but not what she ordered. My daughter had salmon, of which one third of it was raw and not really edible for her. We could have sent the dishes back, but were too irritated to bother. For a meal costing $260 overall, it was poorly done, and I would not return there.srsr
- Delicious seafood/great location.villefoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Ringside is centrally located and the food is wonderful. We had delicious oysters to start, filled by a lovely halibut and salmon dish, which we split to share. Excellent wine list featuring many local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After all, it is The Ringside!JimBDined on 7/25/2014The unmatched service and quality of The Ringside is imbedded in the Fish House, too. The Peterson's Ringside locations are a Portland treasure. From the front door to the welcoming host staff to the comfortable, inviting bar to the dining room staff to the kitchen phenoms, it is The Ringside! Unbeatable service, knockout cuisine, comfortable ambiance; all coming together for The Ringside dining experience again and again. After all, it is The Ringside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable mealDavidDined on 7/24/2014We took a friend from out of town to dinner and it was good, as usual. Close to her hotel and a great way to show off a quality restaurant in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEater10000VIPDined on 7/21/2014We started with an order of onion rings, which are a must. They were fabulous. For entrees, we all ordered fish, nearly all ordered the King Salmon from Oregon waters. Everybody really enjoyed the entree and accompaniments. For dessert we shared a few of the house made donuts, also delicious. We brought a few bottles of wine, and the server was great about opening and pouring the bottles. We have always experienced great service here and will be back again.Special Features:
- ToughloveDharperVIPDined on 7/20/2014First off I want to say that the service was outstanding! The problem we all had was with the food. If you choose any type of sauce it did not complement but overpowered the food. My son had the surf and turf and the filet was similar to a rawhide chew stick for my dog. The lobster was mushy and the only flavor note was that it was old. I had the salmon which could have been any fish as the sauce was overpowering. My wife had the halibut which was over cooked and tough and the ragout was hard. The waiter was great and the wine list commendable.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014So sorry I did not find this place sooner on our trip to Portland. My husband works evenings so finding good restaurants that open in time are a challenge. Luckily that start dinner service at 4pm. They had a 3 course special that we did not have time for, but I am guessing that is like he food we had would have been superb. I had the trout and it cooked perfectly as we're the carrots and the rice that accompanied it. My husband had a Filet and au gratin potatoes, both were fantastic.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Went on Saturday night for dinner. Food was absolutely outstanding as was the server. Steak was incredible and the cedar plank salmon was perhaps the best fish I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Good food, OK servicetable4twoDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I recently went to Ringside to celebrate a big announcement with our families. Everything was going great until the dessert menu was presented. The waitress gave us the menus and then proceeded ignore us and chat with another table about wine for over 15 minutes. While we were waiting to place our order we just sat there in amazement and watched her go on and on about wine and other small talk with the table. We ended up not ordering dessert because of her, and unfortunately the meal ended on a slightly sour note because of her service. We have been to this restaurant several times with friends and family because the food is excellent, and usually the service is too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SunnyD503Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent. They have the best crab cakes in town by far! The heirloom tomato Caprese salad was amazing! And not to mention my 6oz Filet Mignon.... Seriously, the BEST steak I've had in years. I really enjoyed my food. The only negative I have is that we were overlooked for almost 15 mins before I waved the host over and told her no one had stopped by. She immediately went and found a server and we were taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood menuyummmDined on 7/16/2014There were so many options, it was difficult to choose. Fish was perfectly cooked. A bit salty for my taste for the grilled salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top drawOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Food and service were very good. Crab legs excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTinajaneVIPDined on 7/14/2014Thought this restaurant was fabulous. Sat at a corner booth that was private and quite. We both had a wedge salad that was terrific with house made bacon slabs . My trout and husbands swordfish was outstanding. Wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside is "Worth Its Salt".OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014This is one of our neighborhood go-to's; we eat here a lot. One of the reasons I'm seldom disappointed is that the Ringside will work with you until it's right. Case in point: One bite told me my entree was too salty for my taste. My alert server caught this right away, and had my fish and veggies re-done so that the true taste of summer, not salt, came through.Special Features:
- This is the best resturant in PDX.HounddogDined on 7/12/2014Food - Great Service - Great Sommelier - We have asked for recommendations on several occassions and have always been pleased with the selection. Note: selections have all been moderatly price between 70 and 120 per bottle although I am sure you could spend a whole lot more if you desire.Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic place.JohnnyDined on 7/12/2014Tewi is a great wait person. She was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and answered all of our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnermikeseatsDined on 7/12/2014We certainly enjoyed our dinner, it was an early pre-show dinner. They we very accommodating to any requests and the food was well prepared and presented. Overall service was good it was just slow. They were very accommodating in packaging up our deserts, but it shouldn't have been necessary. We'd still go back in a minute and will.Special Features:
- excellent location/great foodMikeDined on 7/12/2014the food and service was extraordinary, very enjoyable location, good parking options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKealapuaDined on 7/11/2014The food is always wonderful. Excellent taste and presentation. Staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- ButchButchDined on 7/11/2014Noisy Friday bar, but restaurant mouse level is low. Seafood was good. Mussels so so. Seafood entries were all very nice and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice4chin8grlDined on 7/11/2014The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. The server was engaging but not overbearing. I would recommend this restaurant over Jake's Famous Crawfish.Special Features: