RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
838 SW Park Ave
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ringsidefishhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032273900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Ezelle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A perfect stop before the Theater, whether it be on the Big Screen or on the Stage. While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance of the restaurant overlooking Director Park.
- Cross Street: SW Taylor
- Public Transit: Located adjacent to the Pioneer Square MAX Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self-Parking is available in the Fox Tower Garage validated at 50% off posted rates. On-street parking is also available at posted rates.
On-site valet parking is available for $7 evenings.
A word from RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
A contemporary Northwest fish house with a modern accent.Continued
It has been said that "nature writes the menu" and this adage guides the approach of our culinary path from the seasons of fresh fish to the harvest of the produce. We are fortunate to be close to the ocean and walking distance to a premier farmer's market.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (89)notable wine list (77)romantic (60)good for groups (40)scenic view (37)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ho humOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014We were expecting great food and service, as we have come to expect from Ringside Steakhouse. Sadly, the food was mediocre and the kitchen got backed up so we waited forever for our entrees. Waiter did not come to check in with us during the 45 minutes between salad and entree. We had a good group and good conversation, but certainly wondered what was taking so long. Swordfish and prawns all tasted like they were previously frozen and not very fresh, kind of chewy which is not a good quality for seafood in this price range. Desserts were pretty good, coffee was extremely bitter and almost undrinkable.Special Features:
- Real DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014Do you look for places that still have real dining? Ringside has it down pat. We enjoyed the excellent service and food. Be sure to chat with your server about what you want. When I said no I didn't want to see a dessert menu, I wanted to order from it, I got the appropriate reaction. Don't miss their hot donuts. (But you may ask them to go easy on the dipping sugar.)Special Features:
- Classic menuTShlaesDined on 9/26/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion or for a romantic dinner. Service is good and so is the menu. Fairly typical menu for a steak and seafood place. Well prepared. Price are expensive but they do offer an early bird special 3 course for $38.00. Good size portions and meat is perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Perfect again and againMJWHEARTSDined on 9/26/2014Meeting a girlfriend there before a theater performance, I was a bit late but found my friend enjoying a glass of champagne at a window seat overlooking Director Park. I wasn't seated but a couple of minutes when our waiter, Ed, came for my drink order. With a large selection of good vodkas, getting an excellent martini was no problem. I had the halibut and my friend had one of the several salmon dishes offered that night. Both were elegantly prepared and absolutely delicious. Beautiful surroundings, nice view, excellent food and superior service. Oh, yes. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodJohnDoughVIPDined on 9/25/2014Nice and varied menu selection, something for everyone. Friendly and helpful staff. Fresh fish can be prepared simply if desired. Very cool feature! Popular place but noise level was not too bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Our family was happy to go here as it was one of our favorites for special occasions. Service & food were terrible. Part of our party drank wine &they were attended to. However, the others that were not drinking alcohol had to ask for refills for water/coffee. The food was the worst I have had in a long time. My filet mignon was black when it arrived with a slab of potatoes on side-bad presentation. Others had steak & salmon all of which had charcoal covered on outside. All we could taste was charcoal like at a amateur's barbecue! I did complain to the manager. He brought me a glass of sparkling wine but was not observant as I don't drink&had empty coffee cup in front of me! Took 3 requests to get Bill- took 30 mins! Just wanted to go home!
- Consistently MarvelousPharmDukVIPDined on 9/21/2014I am an avid patron of Ringside Fish House. It's not often that one can find a restaurant that consistently pleases the palate; tantalizes the taste buds. Over the past 10 or so years dining at the Fish House, I always leave in anticipation of my next visit. As trite as it may sound, I always find myself eating very slowly savoring each morsel that crosses my palate, regretting the last bite, in realization this marvelous experience is once again coming to a close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic fish houseYummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We got a gift certificate and so we went. It was a surprisingly great experience. The food was wonderful and the service was top notch. We don't frequent classic steak or fish houses much any more but this was a reminder as to why it's a classic.Special Features:
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014I've never had any disappointments here, everything is fantastic: cocktails, wine, seafood, rings, steaks, sides (we don't eat dessert) and the service is top notch. The view of Director's square really adds to the ambiance. Will be back, again and again.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualShaneDined on 9/20/2014Was disappointed with my entree Saturday night . Had seared rate ahi tuna. 4 medallions weren't all that big, one of the pieces was mushy, and it was served on a broth which I've never seen before and seems odd. Don't mind paying that kind of money for a fancy dinner but I expect it to be flawless when I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable event, average farePortlandlocalDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was great, but the prime rib was very ordinary. They brought out the wrong dessert. Overall, we enjoyed the evening, but not worth the price.
- Excellent in Every WayOregontrufflesDined on 9/20/2014We had a truly memorable meal at RingSide Fish House. The fish was impeccably fresh and deliciously prepared. The service was highly professional and efficient. And the wine list was extensive. The sommelier gave us excellent advice--even recommended a bottle that cost less than what we were willing to pay--and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; great serviceiokuaDined on 9/20/2014Food and service were both great. We were actually looking for a place to get Maine lobster but learned when we arrived you could only order the lobster as an add on to your main dish. Overall a good experience but will go elsewhere next time for Lobster.Special Features:
- Redwine42Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was outstanding and took care of us without interruption. Our guest from the East Coast who has dined in all of the major cities across the US loved the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The tomato soup was very tasty and our special requests (items on the side and vegetarian) were accommodated graciously. We were able to relax and enjoy a nice lunch within our one hour lunch time. Hostess and servers were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Exceptionally goodCdnboyDined on 9/14/2014The food, service and wine list were all remarkable. The waiters were very knowledgeable regarding the menu and winew list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Music was a bit too loud for our dinner enjoyment, and we asked to have it turned down a bit (which they did, but they didn't seem happy about it). Too loud music, in our opinoin) doesn't enhance the enjoyment of dinner, as it makes it next to impossible to enjoy conversation with your fellow diners. That said, the service seemed a bit abrupt at first - almost pushy, rather than helpful (not sure why). The service seemed to improve a lot during the meal. Food was good, wine good, and overall we enjoyed dinner - which was a special occasion for a good friend visiting from out of town. Rating is based on the food, rather than the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Wnderful for special occasionsSYTDOM1Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was most accomodating. We had to unfortunately hustle, time-wise, as we had to make a symphony engagement. The food (black cod) was excellent, and my wife really enjoyed her petrole sole. Many thanks for a wonderful supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodgisraDined on 9/12/2014Brought my parents here last week during their visit from New Orleans. My husband and I have wanted to come to Ringside Fish House since it opened and this seemed like a great opportunity. The food was delicious, the noise level was perfect and we have finally found a seafood restaurant we're comfortable recommending to locals and visitors. I'd love to try the happy hour.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Was exactly what my wife and i looking for. Food was very good and just the whole entire aoaphere was relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveninglovinglifeDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Fish House starting off with a glass of Malbec wine from Argentina and their fabulous truffle fries with mounds of fresh crab and rich sauce. We then enjoyed perfectly prepared sole, shrimp salad and mouth watering desserts! A most wonderful surprise treat...a gorgeous plate of house made cardamon, sugar donuts with Happy Anniversary spelled out in chocolate!! Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The service was good, the food was good. The ambiance was good and we were pleased that we could leave our cars with the valet while we went to the show. Your hosts and hostesses were very good both on the phone and in person. We will be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Classic & Comfortable LunchCarloDined on 9/2/2014Good silent service - perfect for a business lunch. Great view overlooking Director's Square.Special Features:
- It's worth it!SlogrecoDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great. What you expect from the Ringside. Can't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambiancefood1949Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant. Nice views out window. Quick service, polite and thoughtful. Food was great!Special Features:
- Great seafooddcwinoDined on 8/29/2014I was traveling through Portland for work and came here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and cocktails hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownerDined on 8/27/2014Chose simple preparation for the fish and got a really nice, tasty, and healthy meal. Good bread with butter and seal salt was supplied without charge. Waitperson was knowledgeable and attentive. Nice place for a special meal.Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdayGirl65Dined on 8/26/2014Most restaurants put the dishes under heat lamps before it is brought to your table. Ringside Fish House delivers your food within minutes of taking it off the grill so it is very fresh. That is the sign of a Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandRDined on 8/23/2014It was our 55th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special.....we found it at The Fish House. We had a great dinner with fantastic service. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knock outVanMarcosDined on 8/22/2014We arrived a bit early on a Friday night and were greeted by a presentable and professional staff. We were offered our table early or to relax & check out the bar. We opted for the bar since we had never set foot in the establishment. My date had a wonderful martini and I sampled some fresh oysters on the half shell. Wonderful ambiance, service, excellent oysters, and beverages. We were seated at our reserved table on schedule and greeted by courteous staff. After being seated, my date stated she could see into the kitchen from her side of the table. I offered to swap sides, but she/we rolled with it. Really, that was the only hiccup in the experience. Caleb, our waiter, was fantastic, the food was impeccable, and overall experience A OK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite foodLOJoanDined on 8/22/2014I visited RingSide Fish House to treat myself. I ordered the Rockfish with red coconut curry sauce. What a delight of flavors!! It exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTreywall1Dined on 8/21/2014The food was superb and the service even better. Our server Chris was fun, funny, knowledgeable and an obvious pro. Savanna the manger was great and made our evening a fantastic one with her charm, wit and lovely recommendations from the wine list. Very nice job indeed all around. Thanks to the entire staff.Special Features:
- My dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014We took some out of state family members for dinner. All of our food, service and overall night was magnificent. From the valet to the to the server to the chef our experience was outstanding. I will highly recommend this to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed the swordfish and trout at Rigside Fish House, as the food was very good and the waitress was most attentive. The "small" serving of onion rings was huge but tasty, and the vegetables, mashed potatoes, and rice served with the entrees were very good. Ringside Fish House is a good choice for dinner when in the area of Portland's Pioneer Square.
- Great Downtown LocationDavidVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a short visit to Portland and found this place on Open Table. It has good reviews and is deserving of them. Everything was very good and after dinner we went across the street to a park and listened to music.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We really liked our server, friendly, attentive...Special Features:
- first time visiting the fish houseAHONGDined on 8/15/2014First time visit to this place. I have visited the steakhouse and was pretty impressed with the food and service there, and this time the food and service of fish house impressed me again. It has great entree and sides (scallops, the fish dishes are all good, and the crab meat Mac 'n Cheese as well as the lobster mashed potato are great too!). The environment and the location of the restaurant is also great. Will definitely recommend friends to come.Special Features:
- don't recommendchicavalabDined on 8/7/2014The food was tasteless, ridiculously small portions, and thoughtlessly presented. Our waiter was bored and apathetic. A lack luster meal at a high price.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I chose this restaurant because it was the highest-rated restaurant on OpenTable in the area of Portland where I was staying. I was visiting from Miami, where we know a thing or two about seafood. Nothing I had was bad, but nothing was so good as to merit the prices they charge. The crab cakes contained shredded crab, not chunks of crab. They were twice the price they ought to be. On the other hand, the service was superb.
- Yummy Filet MignonJohnSDined on 8/6/2014For this birthday dinner, Ringside served me a delicious 6-oz filet mignon, grilled to medium, and one of the best pieces of beef I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The accompanying au gratin potatoes also ere very tasty. I will remember the steak for a long time. My partner also like her swordfish. We both liked our wines: an Argentine malbec for me, a Spanish tempranillo for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.