RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
838 SW Park Ave
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ringsidefishhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032273900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Ezelle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A perfect stop before the Theater, whether it be on the Big Screen or on the Stage. While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance of the restaurant overlooking Director Park.
- Cross Street: SW Taylor
- Public Transit: Located adjacent to the Pioneer Square MAX Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self-Parking is available in the Fox Tower Garage validated at 50% off posted rates. On-street parking is also available at posted rates.
On-site valet parking is available for $7 evenings.
A word from RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower
A contemporary Northwest fish house with a modern accent.Continued
It has been said that "nature writes the menu" and this adage guides the approach of our culinary path from the seasons of fresh fish to the harvest of the produce. We are fortunate to be close to the ocean and walking distance to a premier farmer's market.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
RingSide Fish House - Fox Tower reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (77)romantic (56)good for groups (39)scenic view (37)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Classic fish houseYummyVIPDined on 9/20/2014We got a gift certificate and so we went. It was a surprisingly great experience. The food was wonderful and the service was top notch. We don't frequent classic steak or fish houses much any more but this was a reminder as to why it's a classic.Special Features:
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014I've never had any disappointments here, everything is fantastic: cocktails, wine, seafood, rings, steaks, sides (we don't eat dessert) and the service is top notch. The view of Director's square really adds to the ambiance. Will be back, again and again.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Was disappointed with my entree Saturday night . Had seared rate ahi tuna. 4 medallions weren't all that big, one of the pieces was mushy, and it was served on a broth which I've never seen before and seems odd. Don't mind paying that kind of money for a fancy dinner but I expect it to be flawless when I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable event, average fareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was great, but the prime rib was very ordinary. They brought out the wrong dessert. Overall, we enjoyed the evening, but not worth the price.
- Excellent in Every WayOregontrufflesDined on 9/20/2014We had a truly memorable meal at RingSide Fish House. The fish was impeccably fresh and deliciously prepared. The service was highly professional and efficient. And the wine list was extensive. The sommelier gave us excellent advice--even recommended a bottle that cost less than what we were willing to pay--and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redwine42Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was outstanding and took care of us without interruption. Our guest from the East Coast who has dined in all of the major cities across the US loved the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The tomato soup was very tasty and our special requests (items on the side and vegetarian) were accommodated graciously. We were able to relax and enjoy a nice lunch within our one hour lunch time. Hostess and servers were very pleasant.Special Features:
- Exceptionally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The food, service and wine list were all remarkable. The waiters were very knowledgeable regarding the menu and winew list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Music was a bit too loud for our dinner enjoyment, and we asked to have it turned down a bit (which they did, but they didn't seem happy about it). Too loud music, in our opinoin) doesn't enhance the enjoyment of dinner, as it makes it next to impossible to enjoy conversation with your fellow diners. That said, the service seemed a bit abrupt at first - almost pushy, rather than helpful (not sure why). The service seemed to improve a lot during the meal. Food was good, wine good, and overall we enjoyed dinner - which was a special occasion for a good friend visiting from out of town. Rating is based on the food, rather than the overall experienceSpecial Features:
- Wnderful for special occasionsSYTDOM1Dined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was most accomodating. We had to unfortunately hustle, time-wise, as we had to make a symphony engagement. The food (black cod) was excellent, and my wife really enjoyed her petrole sole. Many thanks for a wonderful supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodgisraDined on 9/12/2014Brought my parents here last week during their visit from New Orleans. My husband and I have wanted to come to Ringside Fish House since it opened and this seemed like a great opportunity. The food was delicious, the noise level was perfect and we have finally found a seafood restaurant we're comfortable recommending to locals and visitors. I'd love to try the happy hour.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Was exactly what my wife and i looking for. Food was very good and just the whole entire aoaphere was relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveninglovinglifeDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Fish House starting off with a glass of Malbec wine from Argentina and their fabulous truffle fries with mounds of fresh crab and rich sauce. We then enjoyed perfectly prepared sole, shrimp salad and mouth watering desserts! A most wonderful surprise treat...a gorgeous plate of house made cardamon, sugar donuts with Happy Anniversary spelled out in chocolate!! Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The service was good, the food was good. The ambiance was good and we were pleased that we could leave our cars with the valet while we went to the show. Your hosts and hostesses were very good both on the phone and in person. We will be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Classic & Comfortable LunchCarloDined on 9/2/2014Good silent service - perfect for a business lunch. Great view overlooking Director's Square.Special Features:
- It's worth it!SlogrecoDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great. What you expect from the Ringside. Can't go wrong with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & ambiancefood1949Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant. Nice views out window. Quick service, polite and thoughtful. Food was great!Special Features:
- Great seafooddcwinoDined on 8/29/2014I was traveling through Portland for work and came here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and cocktails hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownerDined on 8/27/2014Chose simple preparation for the fish and got a really nice, tasty, and healthy meal. Good bread with butter and seal salt was supplied without charge. Waitperson was knowledgeable and attentive. Nice place for a special meal.Special Features:
- Great foodBirthdayGirl65Dined on 8/26/2014Most restaurants put the dishes under heat lamps before it is brought to your table. Ringside Fish House delivers your food within minutes of taking it off the grill so it is very fresh. That is the sign of a Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandRDined on 8/23/2014It was our 55th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special.....we found it at The Fish House. We had a great dinner with fantastic service. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knock outVanMarcosDined on 8/22/2014We arrived a bit early on a Friday night and were greeted by a presentable and professional staff. We were offered our table early or to relax & check out the bar. We opted for the bar since we had never set foot in the establishment. My date had a wonderful martini and I sampled some fresh oysters on the half shell. Wonderful ambiance, service, excellent oysters, and beverages. We were seated at our reserved table on schedule and greeted by courteous staff. After being seated, my date stated she could see into the kitchen from her side of the table. I offered to swap sides, but she/we rolled with it. Really, that was the only hiccup in the experience. Caleb, our waiter, was fantastic, the food was impeccable, and overall experience A OK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite foodLOJoanDined on 8/22/2014I visited RingSide Fish House to treat myself. I ordered the Rockfish with red coconut curry sauce. What a delight of flavors!! It exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTreywall1Dined on 8/21/2014The food was superb and the service even better. Our server Chris was fun, funny, knowledgeable and an obvious pro. Savanna the manger was great and made our evening a fantastic one with her charm, wit and lovely recommendations from the wine list. Very nice job indeed all around. Thanks to the entire staff.Special Features:
- My dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014We took some out of state family members for dinner. All of our food, service and overall night was magnificent. From the valet to the to the server to the chef our experience was outstanding. I will highly recommend this to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I enjoyed the swordfish and trout at Rigside Fish House, as the food was very good and the waitress was most attentive. The "small" serving of onion rings was huge but tasty, and the vegetables, mashed potatoes, and rice served with the entrees were very good. Ringside Fish House is a good choice for dinner when in the area of Portland's Pioneer Square.
- Great Downtown LocationDavidVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a short visit to Portland and found this place on Open Table. It has good reviews and is deserving of them. Everything was very good and after dinner we went across the street to a park and listened to music.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We really liked our server, friendly, attentive...Special Features:
- first time visiting the fish houseAHONGDined on 8/15/2014First time visit to this place. I have visited the steakhouse and was pretty impressed with the food and service there, and this time the food and service of fish house impressed me again. It has great entree and sides (scallops, the fish dishes are all good, and the crab meat Mac 'n Cheese as well as the lobster mashed potato are great too!). The environment and the location of the restaurant is also great. Will definitely recommend friends to come.Special Features:
- don't recommendchicavalabDined on 8/7/2014The food was tasteless, ridiculously small portions, and thoughtlessly presented. Our waiter was bored and apathetic. A lack luster meal at a high price.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I chose this restaurant because it was the highest-rated restaurant on OpenTable in the area of Portland where I was staying. I was visiting from Miami, where we know a thing or two about seafood. Nothing I had was bad, but nothing was so good as to merit the prices they charge. The crab cakes contained shredded crab, not chunks of crab. They were twice the price they ought to be. On the other hand, the service was superb.
- Yummy Filet MignonJohnSDined on 8/6/2014For this birthday dinner, Ringside served me a delicious 6-oz filet mignon, grilled to medium, and one of the best pieces of beef I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The accompanying au gratin potatoes also ere very tasty. I will remember the steak for a long time. My partner also like her swordfish. We both liked our wines: an Argentine malbec for me, a Spanish tempranillo for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters! yummthoodmamaDined on 8/4/2014I tried one each of the daily selection of oysters and they were superb. My husband's surf turf was expertly prepared and my salmon a was fresh and tasty. It's one of the best places for fresh fish and seafood in the state. The service was friendly and attentive without being over the top. She provided excellent recommendations for wine pairings and knew the menu well. We.will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafoodCopperTopperVIPDined on 8/2/2014Came here for a special birthday dinner. The seafood was fresh and delicious and the wait staff knowledgeable and on top of everything. As a tourist to Portland, I was told to try Jake's Crawfish. That too was yummy but I was really glad to have found Ringside Fish House. I will definitely be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedsrsdiningDined on 7/30/2014I dined with my wife and daughter. My meal was fine. My wife order halibut with a flavored sauce, but received the fish plain. It was edible, but not what she ordered. My daughter had salmon, of which one third of it was raw and not really edible for her. We could have sent the dishes back, but were too irritated to bother. For a meal costing $260 overall, it was poorly done, and I would not return there.srsr
- Delicious seafood/great location.villefoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014Ringside is centrally located and the food is wonderful. We had delicious oysters to start, filled by a lovely halibut and salmon dish, which we split to share. Excellent wine list featuring many local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After all, it is The Ringside!JimBDined on 7/25/2014The unmatched service and quality of The Ringside is imbedded in the Fish House, too. The Peterson's Ringside locations are a Portland treasure. From the front door to the welcoming host staff to the comfortable, inviting bar to the dining room staff to the kitchen phenoms, it is The Ringside! Unbeatable service, knockout cuisine, comfortable ambiance; all coming together for The Ringside dining experience again and again. After all, it is The Ringside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable mealDavidDined on 7/24/2014We took a friend from out of town to dinner and it was good, as usual. Close to her hotel and a great way to show off a quality restaurant in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEater10000VIPDined on 7/21/2014We started with an order of onion rings, which are a must. They were fabulous. For entrees, we all ordered fish, nearly all ordered the King Salmon from Oregon waters. Everybody really enjoyed the entree and accompaniments. For dessert we shared a few of the house made donuts, also delicious. We brought a few bottles of wine, and the server was great about opening and pouring the bottles. We have always experienced great service here and will be back again.Special Features:
- ToughloveDharperVIPDined on 7/20/2014First off I want to say that the service was outstanding! The problem we all had was with the food. If you choose any type of sauce it did not complement but overpowered the food. My son had the surf and turf and the filet was similar to a rawhide chew stick for my dog. The lobster was mushy and the only flavor note was that it was old. I had the salmon which could have been any fish as the sauce was overpowering. My wife had the halibut which was over cooked and tough and the ragout was hard. The waiter was great and the wine list commendable.Special Features: