2451 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rinatarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6123748998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday 4:30pm-10:00pm Friday and Saturday 4:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tim Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There is a beautiful small dinning room that seats up to 12 people. Reservations required by phone for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Hunt 612-374-8998
A word from Rinata
At Rinata, you will be served Italian fare that comes from your back yard. Going along with Italian tradition, Rinata cooks what is around them and what is available. Taking the simplest ingredients and making them work together. So please come in tonight and enjoy a piece of Italy in your back yard!Continued
To learn more about our happy hour, specials and any upcoming wine dinners please CLICK HERE.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rinata - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Rinata reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)romantic (62)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (42)notable wine list (17)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful, memories of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Rinata's is a wonderful restaurant, reminded me of my trips to Italy. The food was outstanding, the service was great and just an overall wonderful experience. This was our first visit, but will definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our experience was wonderful! We arrived during happy hour and I was surprised to be the only ones dining. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Not up to the markOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food was mediocre & the restaurant was really hot & really noisy. The advertise are romantic , which was certainly not the case. Service was bad - our waitress didn't help us & had no personality, it was like talking to a wall. For the low quality of food & bad service - this place is very over priced. I'd suggest going to this place if you;re super super hungry & Chipotle is closed.
- Really great placedugefreshDined on 8/29/2014Most of the food is made from scratch everyday, pasta, cheese, bread, etc. The food was some of the best I've had, service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Italian findtravelerDined on 8/23/2014Small and unpretentious this restuarant had wonderful Italian food with a bit of a gourmet twist. We sampled a few of the appetizers as well as the home made pastas and all proved to be delicious and fresh. A relaxed environment with a good bar gave the place a cozy feel that is missing in all the new trendy industrial style restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rinata Me AnytimeracheatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Just got back from Italy and was craving some Italian carbs, and I left happy. We ordered a nice wine, shared a fab appetizer, indulged in delicious bread and oil, and shared a pasta and pizza. They also let us improvise on the pasta and made it with chicken, it was very good. I had never tried their pizza before, and I must say, I was very impressed - it was sooooo good. I'd definitely come back and do the same, don't miss out on the pizza! I really wanted to try some of the dessert, but we were too stuffed - next time. Also, our server was very attentive and pleasant, she made it a very pleasurable experience. We shall be back.Special Features:
- BethDined on 8/15/2014The food here is incredible! A little cramped at times but well worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We have been to Rinata several times, but this time it was so bad, we won't be back. The waitress was slow in getting to us. All the food (except the bread), was WAY too salty -- my pizza so much so that I could barely eat it. The waitress never came back to ask us how our meals were, and our water glasses were empty for a LONG time (due to all the salt). I finally went to ask her for water (which she DIDN'T bring immediately), and, even though she didn't ask, I told her how bad the pizza was. She did take the cost of the pizza off the bill, but since we had a Living Social voucher, it only saved us $2, and meant that we didn't get to use $8 of our voucher. It would have been nice if she had come earlier and offered me something edible.
- Too spicy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014I love spicy food,don't get me wrong. but this is over the top for Italian. SOME chili flake is really good in a nice sauce,but not this much. If the toned it back a bit,it would be a home run. Good quality food,and I will probably be back,but I will have them omit about 3/4 of the chili flake.Special Features:
- RinataOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This is my third visit to Rinata. Each time, I have thoroughly enjoyed the menu, the service, and the friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining roomTonyTDined on 8/5/2014The food was excellent. My wife found a new favorite red wine, Barbera! The decore was good. I wish they wouldn't have packed all the custmers into one of the two rooms - would have been nice to spread out alittle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food always... ButChezanimalhairDined on 8/3/2014We go here a lot. The staff and service are fantastic always. The food consistently great as well. But on a summer night it's so damn hot in there we nearly passed out, and it was a struggle to eat. Please improve AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rinata yet felt a bit taken. There were two different wine menus on the table. The wine we ordered from one menu was not on the other, the waiter ended up picking the wine for us and it was the most expensive bottle on the menu. When we alerted him to this error he had no comment. We were disappointed with the response. Our meals were very good so we would still recommend Rinata for its food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables too close togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Good food but too crowded. Our table was on the end and was way too close to the next table. To leave the table, I had to move sideways to fit between the tables. And I am not a large person. It was awkward to carry on a conversation with any sort of privacy.Special Features:
- Trying it OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014We had been here before and found it very similar, except the service was slow. It appeared that they were short staffed since we were being waited on by someone we are pretty sure was the owner. So we will give them a pass on the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday 4 CoursePawnieDined on 7/27/2014Overall I really enjoyed my dinner! The Fettuccine alla Congolese was amazing!!! And the micro green salad was good, but a bit on the sour side due to the lemon vinaigrette. The braschetta was on the bland side and the texture of the gelato was grainy. But flavor was prefect. Serve was a bit slow, but it was really busy. All-in-all, I enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spaghetti in Town!CLRHGDined on 7/26/2014Rinata has the best Spaghetti in town. My whole family loves it! (I don't even bother making spaghetti at home anymore.) The meatballs are fabulous - tasty and not too heavy. The tomato sugo outstanding, heavenly! The bread is awesome too along with the olive oil and tapenade for dipping. Top it all off with sambuca tiramisu and it's a meal that will make you float home.Special Features:
- wonderful llItalian foodartmstoneVIPDined on 7/26/2014The serve pasta with clams that is genuine, and is wonderfull. Everything on their menu is wonderful, and the servers are as nice as any I've ever met.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Intimate atmosphere, amazing food! Could not have asked for better service. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Food and service was spectacular.kashkaDined on 7/25/2014We had the perfect dining experience at Rinata. The menu was wonderful as were our choices. Our service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful Italian foodartmstoneVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food and ambience reminding me of so many resturants in Italy on my last visit.Special Features:
- Date Night menuHennepinCatDined on 7/20/2014your date night menu was a great adventure thank you I've been getting your emails for a long time and finally made it over. I would consider reviewing the salad choices which were banal or overly strong but overall the meal was excellent and a true value. I've been craving something creative with eggplant and your appetizer was stellarSpecial Features:
- IntimatePamelaDined on 7/19/2014This place is great for an intimate dinner. The dining rooms are small, it's a quiet place and the wait staff is pleasant.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!tiahDined on 7/18/2014We dined here with my parents and we all loved our experience. The food was superb and our server was wonderful!Special Features:
- Tasty PastagoodeaterVIPDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner. We ordered the bruschetta with burrata to start, then we each had a pasta dish: bucatini al amatriciana and rigatoni with elk sausage. Everything was very good. Bucatini was a hair firmer than al dente, but still nicely done. No music playing, which seemed a little odd in the quiet room.
- Great MealAmore4ciboDined on 7/10/2014This was our first experience at Rinata. My husband and I were on a date night - dinner and the Guthrie. Our dinner was wonderful. The pasta was cooked to perfection. My husband commented that the sauce tasted just like his grandmothers. A compliment of the highest regard! The service was wonderful. The waitress made some recommendations and she was spot on. We couldn't have had a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014The food was great. Had the prosciutto wrapped peaches w/ goat cheese as an app. Wife got the sausage pizza and I got the spinach ravioli in smoky tomato sauce. The only possible negative was we went in the early evening, when the sun was beating against their windows and their AC wasn't able to keep up.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food is good, but this place is not really for me. It is very small inside so the tables are very close together. No el fresco dining options at all in summertime. It seemed really dark in the restaurant for early evening. But I know a lot of people who really like this place and find the food top-notch, so if you like Italian, give it a try.
- great everythingartmstoneVIPDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful Italian food, just like Northern Italy. Wonderful clams, and appetizers.Special Features:
- Great foodjoeyDined on 6/28/2014Rinata is a gem. The atmosphere and the food made for a lovely dinnerSpecial Features:
- Ambiance & FoodMAS81Dined on 6/28/2014Love the scratch made pasta and smoked tomato sauce. Great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CritterDined on 6/21/2014Great Food and excellent service. However, the restaurant was SO HOT. Hot to the point where we didn't linger for dessert. I would recommend going after the sun goes down (the evening sun comes right in the window), or go on a cooler temperature day.Special Features:
- I will dream of the warm breadMangerMeganDined on 6/21/2014The fresh baked bread was SO delicious! It came fresh out of the oven so it was soft and the seasoning was divine. For dinner I had the ravioli with spinach and cheese in a smoked tomato sauce which was also very delicious. I would dine here again. My only complaint would be the temperature of the dining room on this particular evening. It was extremely warm and bordering on uncomfortable. When we left and walked past another area of the restaurant it felt much cooler as of the air conditioner was not working properly in the area in which we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Anniversary DinnerPRJRDined on 6/1/2014Great food, moderately priced, nice atmosphere and the service was excellent . . . . . after we had a 30+ minute wait for the understaffed wait staff to take our order. Portions perfect sized, not too small, or too big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Win!LaylaDined on 5/31/2014This was our second visit to Rinata and we win again! We were given "our" table per request and spent a relaxing 2 hours catching up while eating wonderful food, drinking great wine, and trying out some tasty desserts. Ambiance is subdued and quiet...at least where we were. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad momDinnerdinerDined on 5/25/2014Reserved a table for 10 post college graduation, family from area, Oregon, New York and Chicago..all were very pleased with the food, half ordered the 'date night special' others off the menu. Loved the bruschetta with garlic and asparagus. Great mixed micro green salad with beets, goat cheese, pistachios with a tasty vinegarette. Pasta with calamari had a nice kick from chili flakes. Excellent vanilla gelato as well as light tiramisu. We were a large group for a small establishment but felt welcomed, excellent attentive staff.Special Features:
- The following 922 reviews are from the Rinata reviews archive.
- Love this placeEddieDined on 5/18/2014I have eaten here several times, and I have never had a bad meal. This is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever been to.Special Features:
- JackDined on 5/17/2014Kristina was a great waitress. food was terrific.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Food was wonderful, server was kind and attentive, hostess is a little young and needs some training.Special Features:
- Good meal as alwaysdjs0404Dined on 5/9/2014Rinata is consistently a good experience. We had reserved a fairly early dinner - 6:30 - and were surprised at how crowded it was already. We got a good table though, and received lots of special attention from our server. We like to order to two different things, and share, and, picking up on this, she actually arranged for the kitchen to bring the food out pre-divided! Nice touch! We had two pastas but you can't go wrong with anything!Special Features: