2451 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rinatarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (612) 374-8998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday 4:30pm-10:00pm Friday and Saturday 4:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tim Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There is a beautiful small dinning room that seats up to 12 people. Reservations required by phone for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathan Hunt 612-374-8998
A word from Rinata
At Rinata, you will be served Italian fare that comes from your back yard. Going along with Italian tradition, Rinata cooks what is around them and what is available. Taking the simplest ingredients and making them work together. So please come in tonight and enjoy a piece of Italy in your back yard!Continued
To learn more about our happy hour, specials and any upcoming wine dinners please CLICK HERE.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rinata - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Rinata reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)romantic (73)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (46)notable wine list (24)good for groups (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Intimate italian style restaurantNateDined on 11/25/2014An intimate italian style restaurant but the food was anything but what passes for Italian around here! We had some delicious pastas with different meat based sauces and excellent spices (mine has Bison.) Wine selection was good ... we had an excellent Sauvignon Blanc. Though a Tuesday evening, the place was packed. As a result the waitress seemed a little hassled but very polite and we managed to get our food in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date night!highlandgirlDined on 11/23/2014Great food, friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. Date night on Sundays is a terrific deal! Loved the butternut squash ravioli- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice, low key date night spotAaronDined on 11/22/2014I had a perfect night out with my wife here. Small menu makes it easy to pick and share a few things. The food was great, service was great and it was just a simple and easy night out for us. It's nice to find a place that isn't overdone on anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night!!JordanDined on 11/22/2014I am not one to write reviews often, but this magnificent dining experience deserves it! We hadn't gone on a date in nearly a year since having our first child, so I wanted it to be special, but not over the top. We like to look good and be classy, but don't usually enjoy the scene that all of that brings. The lighting over each table makes you feel incredibly intimate and the food was timed just enough a part so you can enjoy your cocktails between courses. Prices were fair and service was perfect. We hadn't laughed together so hard in what feels like forever. Great Date, Great Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was outstanding.DanielVIPDined on 11/22/2014She was attentive and knowledgeable. The food was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerCheHVIPDined on 11/9/2014First time we have tried the Sunday date menu. We brought two friend who had not tried Rinata. They were very ok pressed with the homemade pastas...spaghetti and meatballs and butternut squash ravioli. Service was very personableSpecial Features:
- Too much garlick8rd3cVIPDined on 11/8/2014The caesar salad had so much garlic in it that it didn't even taste good and I did not feel well the entire next day. The bison, however, was phenomenal.Special Features:
- sveegsDined on 11/7/2014Although the menu was limited, the food was very good and I'm glad I didn't have a lot of decisions to make. We very much enjoyed what we ordered. The printed menu could use some commas to better describe the offerings. Prices were a little high but not sure if it was due to location. Parking was tough - small lot behind the building. But, we will come back.Special Features:
- Great experienceCatDVMVIPDined on 11/6/2014Stopped here before a concert at the Temple Israel and were very pleasantly surprised at the ambience, server and food.Special Features:
- Still cookin'LateNightDinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014Life gets busy and it has been a while since we dined at Rinata. They are still cookin' great Italian dishes with local, seasonal ingredients. We introduced four friends to our favorite Hennepin Av haunt tonight and they loved it! I enjoyed the halibut and butternut squash risotto and the fish was stellar. Crispy outside, warm, moist inside. The risotto was the best I've ever had. I love that they are so seasonally minded!Special Features:
- rinata is sweetmisho5Dined on 11/2/2014really quaint place. been there a few times. love the food. took a friend from new York and he felt at home saying how much this restaurant feels like a one from new York. I agree with him.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodYUMMYDined on 11/2/2014Rinata was recommended to me by my Mom, she and my Dad went their for an Anniversary dinner. She said they tried the Sunday night date night menu (for $20!) and it was awesome. I went their with my Boyfriend, we ran into some of our friends and they said this is "their spot," they love it so much. After eating there, we can see why everyone loves it. The food was outstanding, so delicious and filling. The portions were perfect. The date night menu consists of an appetizer, salad, main entree and dessert. We each tried the date night menu and got to try a number of different dishes, all of which were decadent. The restaurant is small and cozy. We left there feeling "fat and happy." We will be coming back.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantpt4criticDined on 11/2/2014Very good food, primarily Italian inspired, at a great price. Their Sunday night special of 4 courses (appetizer, soup/salad, entrée, and desert) for $20 is the best bargain in town. Unlike many similar specials there are multiple choices for each course and the portions are normal sizes. Interesting wine list although a bit overpriced with very limited choices under $40. Service has always been friendly and efficient and the servers are knowledgeable about the various dishes. Dining area is small with tables close together, but the noise level is moderate. A small free parking area is behind the building.Special Features:
- Little GemLaylaDined on 10/30/2014I brought two friends (new to Rinata) for a bday celebration. They LOVED it! Rinata honored my special table request which was available for us even though we arrived early. My friends enjoyed the cozy atmosphere while relaxing over fabulous food and cocktails. They ordered pizzas and are still talking about it days later. I ordered the squash ravioli which was mouthwateringly delicious. Our waiter was extremely attentive and charming. I know I'll return and bring more Rinata newbies with me! Congratulations, Rinata! You are a wonderful addition to the Uptown area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alltherageVIPDined on 10/28/2014I'm currently staffed on a consulting engagement in Minneapolis and it's definitely my favorite Minneapolis restaurant by far. I live in NYC and I would come here once a week if I could. The spaghetti and meatballs are absolutely perfect. They have half priced bottles of wine on Tuesday. Dessert is excellent.Special Features:
- Why haven't I been here?BlueLarkspurDined on 10/25/2014This was a great unexpected treat on Hennepin Avenue in Uptown, not a stretch of road I typically associate with good eating. All the food is made from scratch and it showed. There's a nice wine list with plenty available by the glass. Everything we had was really delicious but the butternut squash ravioli with brown butter and sage was especially worth it.Special Features:
- Fun place to eathollyDined on 10/24/2014Small quarters but not to tight, waitstaff very attentive, and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Halibut with risotto was delicious. Nicely sized portion and the risotto cooked to perfection. The server was gracious and attentive, and responded appropriately when someone in our party had to send his meal back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spotsh63Dined on 10/19/2014We loved the quiet atmosphere and wonderful food. So glad to have found a place where conversation is possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Delight on HennepinILoveLocalVIPDined on 10/16/2014My wife & I have been coming to Rinata since they opened, and continue to love it. This is the type of rustic, home-style Italian place I enjoyed when I lived on the East Coast, in bigger cities like Boston, with a more substantial Italian population. There's nothing quite like it in Minneapolis. The food is real Italian-style comfort food, but I mean like perfectly braised meats, or squash ravioli, not generic pasta & red sauce. Their happy hours and 1/2-priced-wine deals are unbeatable too. Great little spot in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 10/13/2014We had a wonderful time at Rinata. This was our first time at the restaurant. The dining room is divided into two distinct areas. We had the smaller area all to ourselves on a Monday night. It's a pleasant space, wood floors, candlelit, and quiet. No special view, except of the street. The service was excellent, wine bottles half price on Mondays, and interesting menu as well. We had mixed green salad which was very good. The pastas were delicious and my son liked his margarita pizza. We enjoyed the whole experience and would indeed go back. I'd love to try the Sunday evening deal of 4-course meal for $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DolanDined on 10/11/2014Loved it. We will return. The food was delicious and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great meal but sad bucatini is goneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Great meal, but very sad the Bucatini was taken off the menu. It's our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll go backLucybirdDined on 10/10/2014Picked this for after a movie at Uptown, focusing on location and price. All four of us were pleased with our meals.Special Features:
- Quaint and quietFirstDateDined on 10/10/2014Went there on a first date. Had never been there before, but it exceeded expectation. Quaint, quiet ambiance, and waitress was very considerate. Only critique is that the place seemed a small, and tables a little close to each other, but they made it work with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best!UptownfeverDined on 10/7/2014Love this place, amazing food and wine. The service is outstanding. Reminds me of many neighborhood places in Chicago or New York.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Tables are small and crowded. My pasta was not fully cooked. The service was good but not great.Special Features:
- Wonderful, memories of Italycdix24Dined on 9/17/2014Rinata's is a wonderful restaurant, reminded me of my trips to Italy. The food was outstanding, the service was great and just an overall wonderful experience. This was our first visit, but will definitely will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our experience was wonderful! We arrived during happy hour and I was surprised to be the only ones dining. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Not up to the markAlexDined on 9/13/2014Food was mediocre & the restaurant was really hot & really noisy. The advertise are romantic , which was certainly not the case. Service was bad - our waitress didn't help us & had no personality, it was like talking to a wall. For the low quality of food & bad service - this place is very over priced. I'd suggest going to this place if you;re super super hungry & Chipotle is closed.
- Really great placedugefreshDined on 8/29/2014Most of the food is made from scratch everyday, pasta, cheese, bread, etc. The food was some of the best I've had, service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Italian findtravelerDined on 8/23/2014Small and unpretentious this restuarant had wonderful Italian food with a bit of a gourmet twist. We sampled a few of the appetizers as well as the home made pastas and all proved to be delicious and fresh. A relaxed environment with a good bar gave the place a cozy feel that is missing in all the new trendy industrial style restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rinata Me AnytimeracheatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Just got back from Italy and was craving some Italian carbs, and I left happy. We ordered a nice wine, shared a fab appetizer, indulged in delicious bread and oil, and shared a pasta and pizza. They also let us improvise on the pasta and made it with chicken, it was very good. I had never tried their pizza before, and I must say, I was very impressed - it was sooooo good. I'd definitely come back and do the same, don't miss out on the pizza! I really wanted to try some of the dessert, but we were too stuffed - next time. Also, our server was very attentive and pleasant, she made it a very pleasurable experience. We shall be back.Special Features:
- BethDined on 8/15/2014The food here is incredible! A little cramped at times but well worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We have been to Rinata several times, but this time it was so bad, we won't be back. The waitress was slow in getting to us. All the food (except the bread), was WAY too salty -- my pizza so much so that I could barely eat it. The waitress never came back to ask us how our meals were, and our water glasses were empty for a LONG time (due to all the salt). I finally went to ask her for water (which she DIDN'T bring immediately), and, even though she didn't ask, I told her how bad the pizza was. She did take the cost of the pizza off the bill, but since we had a Living Social voucher, it only saved us $2, and meant that we didn't get to use $8 of our voucher. It would have been nice if she had come earlier and offered me something edible.
- Too spicy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014I love spicy food,don't get me wrong. but this is over the top for Italian. SOME chili flake is really good in a nice sauce,but not this much. If the toned it back a bit,it would be a home run. Good quality food,and I will probably be back,but I will have them omit about 3/4 of the chili flake.Special Features:
- RinataOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This is my third visit to Rinata. Each time, I have thoroughly enjoyed the menu, the service, and the friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining roomTonyTDined on 8/5/2014The food was excellent. My wife found a new favorite red wine, Barbera! The decore was good. I wish they wouldn't have packed all the custmers into one of the two rooms - would have been nice to spread out alittle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food always... ButChezanimalhairDined on 8/3/2014We go here a lot. The staff and service are fantastic always. The food consistently great as well. But on a summer night it's so damn hot in there we nearly passed out, and it was a struggle to eat. Please improve AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Rinata yet felt a bit taken. There were two different wine menus on the table. The wine we ordered from one menu was not on the other, the waiter ended up picking the wine for us and it was the most expensive bottle on the menu. When we alerted him to this error he had no comment. We were disappointed with the response. Our meals were very good so we would still recommend Rinata for its food.I would recommend this to a friend.