2117 Whistler Rd.
Whistler, BC V0N 1B0Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rimrockwhistler.com/
- Phone: 8779325589x604
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Rolf Gunther
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is ideally appointed for weddings and special occasions for up to 110 people. Let us create a spectacular and memorable meal to delight and impress your guests. Everything from cocktails and canapes to a four course feast can be tailored to your particular needs. A semi private area of the restaurant is available nightly for groups of approximately 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Anton Fruehwirth 6049325565
- Special Events: Join us in May, June,October & November for our Low season three course special at$49.00.
- Cross Street: Hwy 99
- Public Transit: Reliable and frequent local transit service will drop you conveniently at our driveway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 30 parking stalls are available on site, or consider leaving your car at home and make your way to the restaurant by taxi or your hotel shuttle. We are a $10 cab fare from the village and long time local drivers are always eager to recommend their favorite menu items. Relax and enjoy the freedom of a designated driver.
A word from Rimrock Cafe
In its 23rd year, the Rimrock Café has delighted diners with its innovative, fresh cuisine and emphasis on the finest fish and game, artfully prepared with inventiveness and flair. The restaurant is consistently recognized as a local’s favorite for atmosphere, service and a sublime eating experience. Behind the large glass window of our lit cellar, all manner of wines from the glamorous and recognizable to the intriguing and new seem to hum seductively. Two fireplaces cast an ambient glow over the chatter and energy of our rustic dining room. In summer, enjoy your meal on a sunny patio. The seafood antipasto for two is the perfect start to your meal. Stunning presentation meets succulent, vibrant flavor among the six exquisite tasters. Try our Venison tenderloin, served with a porcini cream and homemade spatzle. For the seafood lover, our main course Trio is a harmony of seared Ahi, nut crusted Sablefish and grilled prawns. Complete your meal with Whistler's favorite desert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rimrock Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- We have eaten at the RimrockOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2013We have eaten at the Rimrock several times and have never been disappointed. On this occasion we were a group of 8 and the whole party were very impressed with their experience and the good quality if the food. As usual the service was very good and again our friends were impressed. Ordering off the menu was also easy to do and caused no fuss. We would all recomend the Rimrock to anyone.Special Features:
- Still one of Whistler's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013The Rimrock is our favourite place for a special meal when we're in Whistler, and our last visit was as good as ever. We took some friends who were visiting for the first time and they loved it too. Service is attentive but informal, the food is amazing, and the barman mixes a good cocktail. Well worth venturing outside Whistler village for.Special Features:
- As always Rim Rock gave usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013As always Rim Rock gave us an excellent evening with great food, wine and service all round. We will visit again on our next ski vacation without a doubt!Special Features:
- Great food and service...quiteCanmoreJMDined on 2/28/2013Great food and service...quite noisy as we were seated next to a large party...would recommend, and hopefully come again..Special Features:
- a truly wonderful restaurant.reviewVIPDined on 2/27/2013a truly wonderful restaurant. Have been before and its still awesome..Dont hesitate.. GO!!!!Special Features:
- Rimrock was exceptional, asOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/26/2013Rimrock was exceptional, as a fine restaurant should be. Service was great. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. I couldn't decide what to eat because the menu sounded so appetizing! The Sticky Toffee Pudding is a must have. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Pricey but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Rim Rock is on the Do NotBAMMMN410Dined on 2/26/2013Rim Rock is on the Do Not Miss List when vacationing at W-B. Have traveled several times to W-B and have always dined at Rim Rock. Bob Dawson is a great host and will ensure you a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013Wonderful restaurant! Great dinner and excellent service from Shelley. Go if you can!Special Features:
- Just... really dang good.EllerbeVIPDined on 2/26/2013Rim Rock continues to top the list of dining experiences. The service is impeccable. The food is incredible (I had the caribou which was thinly sliced on top of truffle risotto... you bet). Whether you are celebrating an anniversary, looking for a romantic dinner, craving very fine food... or hoping to unwind in a warm chateau.. Rim Rock is the place. It is on the pricey side but worth packing a lunch all week on the mountain and saving $20 hot dog + cocoa lunch money for a nice glass of wine or appetizer. I will be back.Special Features:
- Every Visit - It's The Rimrock!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2013Every year we come to Whistler, we dine at the Rimrock. It is something looked forward to, just like the great skiing at Whistler and Blackcomb. This year Shelly was our server and she was terrific! She took wonderful care of us, helped with our dining choices and made our visit enjoyable. The Shellfish Medley is a classic, along with the Wedge Salad. The Cosmopolitans were superb! We always recommend an evening at the Rimrock Cafe to friends going to Whistler. For us, it is part of the Whistler experience not to be missed!Special Features:
- Definitely eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013As always Rim Rock did not disappoint. I always dine at least once at Rim Rock when I am in Whistler. I have never had anything that wasn't fantastic.Special Features:
- RimRock Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013This has been a consistent, outstanding restaurant in Whistler for years. I first started coming here for special occasions and now I have a home nearby and we try to eat here as often as possible. Sticky toffee pudding - must try favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Good2goDined on 2/21/2013I just loved this place! as a tourist to the area, I'm glad I got off the beaten path to find it. I consider myself a foodie and I will certainly remember this meal. Make reservations ASAP. The service is great. not rushed and the waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. definitely get a fish dish when you are there. the portions are very well thought out. Not too much of anything but when you leave, you are full and still thinking about all the unique favors and excellent cooking.Special Features:
- My fiancé and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2013My fiancé and I came here for dinner on my birthday after seeing it was number 1 rated on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed! The seafood antipasto for two was amazing!! We then had the fish if the day (fish done 3 ways) and surf and turf with the lamb and lobster. Both were sensational! There was no room for desert, but the sticky toffee pudding looked fantastic and was certainly VERY popular.Special Features:
- Our favourite restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2013Our favourite restaurant in Whistler, hence our third visit. Ambience, food and service all great. A little more expensive than some other restaurants, but worth the treat.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in the areaCharScottVIPDined on 2/19/2013This has become a yearly event for us - our 5th year since we discovered it - all the way from the Boston area. A wonderful dining experience in Creekside! Not only is the quality, preparation and presentation exquisite, but the proportions are incredibly generous. Service is excellent. Even each accompanying vegetable on the plate has been individually prepared for the entree! Venison is a must to try. Lots of interesting affordable BC wines to choose from - Pentage 2007 Pentage was wonderful at $58. Also lots of expensive wines to delight the palate. Sticky Pudding dessert is a definite signature dish, but we were too full this time to enjoy!Special Features:
- Still, by far, the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/18/2013Still, by far, the best restaurant in Whistler. A must visit if you have the time. Whenever I go back to Whistler, I love going there.Special Features:
- A Whistler gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Awesome food! Our party of 9 was 100% pleased. Highly recommend this for a night out in Whistler.Special Features:
- Ambiance was not what I exceptedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Ambiance was not what I excepted for the prices on the menu. Tables very close together.
- Always a gourmet experienceChippDined on 2/15/2013Always a gourmet experience in the great northwest. Wonderful wine and enticing menu selections.
- Excellent variety of dishesSilverOakBobDined on 2/15/2013Excellent variety of dishes and service. Glad to see that we can bring our wine to restaurant, however, $40 corkage is a bit steep. If we buy one of theirs and order drinks, too, maybe they should waive corkage. We come every yearSpecial Features:
- As a family of 3, we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013As a family of 3, we had a terrible experience. Our request for 'simple steak only' from the Kids Menu for our 10 year old turned up exactly as an adult version with garlic mash, celeriac,etc that most kids dislike. Being too hungry to wait for another version we persuaded her to 'make do'. Then, again, our request for simple brownie and ice cream was served with loads of whipped cream she had not asked for and disliked. The kitchen just put what they wanted on the plate, ignoring the child-friendly simplicity we had asked for. It completely spoilt an evening we had looked forward to. Our child is used to adult restaurants, but Rimrock put the same garlic mash, etc on all of our plates regardless of our requests. Very disappointing.
- As always, a fabulous regularhappinessDined on 2/13/2013As always, a fabulous regular dining experience in Whistler. Food , service, treatment of a large group is perfect!Special Features:
- A must go!runash202VIPDined on 2/12/2013This place was great! I found it on Trip Advisor and the reviews are correct. Both of our salads were good the bread they delivered to the table was good, fresh and plentiful. The wine options are also expansive in terms of something for everyone. I had the fish special which was 3 fish served with 3 different sauces and each prepared differently: YUM! My husband had the ribeye-which was actually 2! They do not give you tiny portions. You leave full and satisifed. This is a great spot for a special dinner in Whistler.Special Features:
- Best foor in WhistlerpkwokDined on 2/11/2013Rim Rock Cafe is a real winner. Every dish is spectacularly good. Don't miss the Sticky Toffee Pudding. The best I have had.Special Features:
- Out of this worldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I booked rim rock cafe for my boyfriends birthday after reading rave reviews. We had an incredibly memorable night and couldn't rate it more highly, it was a highlight of our stay in whistler and we will definitely be back.
- Excellant dinner as usual,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013Excellant dinner as usual, food was great and especially the latte and sticky toffee pudding desert. . Noise was higher than normal and somewhat annoying as it was hard to hear each other talk .Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013The food was very good and the service fine. I was looking for a romantic evening so I found it a little noisy for that occasion but otherwise it would have been fine.Special Features:
- ohh, so goodRobuc1Dined on 2/6/2013this is still, by far, the best seafood restaurant in whistler, maybe the best restaurant here overall too. been here several times over the years, and never disappointed. if you stay in creekside, it's a short walk. if you are in the village, it's a 5 minute drive. well worth it. fantastic.Special Features:
- Texans know steak...TinaDined on 2/6/2013Had HIGH expectations of this restaurant which was conveniently located near our Creekside accommodation as I missed out on previous visits to Whistler. Delicious appetizers including scallops with pork belly (best), lobster tagliatelle, and fois gras. Entrees were very good with exception of the Chef's special which was an overcooked fair cut for a ribeye. Dessert was terrific. I will return.Special Features:
- Food is amazing and innovative!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2013Food is amazing and innovative! Love the local Canadian wine-even took the rest of the bottle home with us. Downside-so busy you have to book a while in advance, also sat next to a large group who were very noisy. Recommend getting a taxi home as the bus can be long cold wait!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013We had a great appetizer: seafood platter for two. Also our main dish the Ahi Tuna was great. We would also have gone for a dessert but the noise level was too high so we'd rather leave early. For the price we paid we would have expected a more exclusive atmosphere for example with white table linens and an amouse bouche from the kitchen. But maybe this is too much of an European style - though it gives a visit to a nice restaurant an extra touch. The food itself was outstanding. Probably the best we ever had in Canada!Special Features:
- Good food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Nice restaurant with pleasant atmosphere and good food and service. Worth a detour.Special Features:
- Every year we visit Whistler,OrindamomVIPDined on 2/3/2013Every year we visit Whistler, Rimrock is a must. As usual, we had a dining experience that makes a vacation even more memorable. Caribou and foie gras crostini...what a smashing combo of intense flavors and tender melt in your mouth ecstasy. The waitress was do helpful as well as kind to my 9 year old daughter in what I would consider fine dining without pretention, welcoming children. We will be back again and again!!Special Features:
- overall very awesome dinnerronsDined on 2/2/2013overall very awesome dinner again at the RimRock. Only drawbacks - 2 very large groups were also there at same times as us - which left us with who appeared to be a very new server. Little actual knowledge of the food when queried, ok service. We were seated right beside one of these large groups - loud and a little hard for us to chat quietly. Full house - totally booked. While waiting for our coats in the lobby a couple came in without a reservation and were very nicely told there was no way they would be able to eat there. the food as usual outstanding. Drinks spectacular - Ceasar with fresh Horseradish - fantastic!! Very good wine list. I have eaten here many times and will continue to do so in the future.Special Features:
- Had a great time at Rimrock.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013Had a great time at Rimrock. The food was delicious and service was very good. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Celebrated our 31st anniversary and it was an amazing experience. Reservation by the fireplace, excellent service, extensive wine selection and delicious meals perfectly prepared. Our first time at the Rim Rock, but definitely not the last!Special Features:
- DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Was really. Upset way to expensive Was Not on the dine out special I réserve there Whit the dine out deal Ans they tell me nô only in the summer I was Very upset and my guest two We pay 340 $ for 4 so we. Had to skip one restaurant I was sad and feeling bad about the situation They propose us a menu at 69$ but nothing Really special I was the regular rice about But was good food and nice placeSpecial Features:
- Outstanding... Having sampledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Outstanding... Having sampled their rival ARAXI the night before i can say that Rimrock are out there in front as far as dining experiences go. The whole package was fantastic from start to finish.... Even down to being given a lift home by the manager!!! now thats what i call customer service. A mus tif yo uvisit Whistler.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Great GreatblueskyjeffVIPDined on 1/27/2013Amazing food. Great Great service. Also well notice for dairy fresh and dishes which are not in the menu. I would say it is a well hidden gem in Whistler. Better Make your reservation earlier.Special Features: