Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
2500 E Second Street
Reno, NV 89595Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandsierraresort.com/dining/fine-dining/
- Phone: (775) 789-1661
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Monday 5:00 pm--10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
Fine Asian Dining, featuring Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Singapore, Sushi Bar and Sake Bar. Walk-in only for All you can eat Sushi. Enjoy a free 4oz house sake with your purchase of any entrée from the dinner menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Sushi Bar!JamesVIPDined on 11/12/2014I really enjoy the Sushi Bar... they have great selections, and the sushi chefs are masterful. The sides that Rim offers with the sushi are also fresh and delicious. Finish it with a delicious dish of green tea ice creamI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...service was lackingfamilydinersDined on 11/1/2014We wanted to have a nice dinner for 9 people for my son's 30th birthday at this fine dining restaurant in GSR in Reno. We loved the food, but the service was very poor. At a fine dining restaurant, they don't serve the next course until they've cleared out the plates that was used from the previous course. The server could not even fit the our next course on the table because it was so crowded with used plates. We have to practically bus our own plates. They didn't even take all of the menus that were on the table, until we asked them to take it away. My friend asked the server if they do anything for birthdays and she said "yes", but nothing was done. It was great food but very disappointed with the service.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every minuteDtiniDined on 10/20/2014Welcoming staff, really good food, and fabulous service!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere is very modern and tasteful. The food was adequate. All we got was an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" from our waitress at the end of a very long wait. There is no excuse for the lengthy time it took to correct the problem. The worst aspect of the evening was our incorrect bill. We were given the wrong bill as was the table next to us. Had we not mentioned this to our waitress, our bill would have actually been less and it would have saved us 20 minutes of waiting for the problem to be corrected. All we got was an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" from our waitress at the end of a very long wait. There is no excuse for the lengthy time it took to correct the problem.
- food was good mixyunique1Dined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere was good and the design was beautiful. The food was good mix of asian. The service was slow maybe due to weekend night. Server forgot to put in one order for table of 7. She was very nice though and comped the item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedinerdarrell40Dined on 8/18/2014Sushi was great. Service was awesome. James was our chef and he kept the s coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine2eatDined on 8/16/2014Great food...great atmosphere......very friendly and knowledgeable staff....would recommend to my family and friends .......Special Features:
- Great Asian FoodjimboDined on 8/16/2014Our second trip to Rim, and we weren't sorry for the return visit. This time it was a dinner for four... appetizers, a couple of entres, and sushi. What a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceShashiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Jeannine was our waitress and she was the best. Great service and personality. Made for an excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different Asian cuisinesSlickDined on 8/13/2014Their menu includes Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai dishes. Everything my girlfriend and I have tried has been excellent, sometimes superb. I love the Mongolian Beef and Wor Won Ton Soup. My girlfriend is fond of their sushi and their Sweet and Sour Pork. We've eaten here four times, most recently with a party of nine people. Reservations are made online which we tried in this instance but were told they couldn't accommodate us at our preferred time. So we reserved two smaller tables instead. The staff graciously moved our tables together, treated us great, and we had a wonderful meal. Big hits were the potstickers, Pad Thai, and Sesame Chicken.Special Features:
- Dinner at RimGaryandpatDined on 8/7/2014Dinner was okay. The egg rolls were very good. The sweet and sour chicken was not very hot so we sent it back. It came back hot and "mushy"... apparently they just stuck it in a microwave to reheat it. We didn't finish it.
- Not up to expectationsHowieHDined on 8/2/2014We've been to Rim often. We always follow a similar ordering pattern, and start with the Sizzling Soup. well it didn't (sizzle!). Sizzling soup should be served tableside by the waiter or waitress. Our soup came in a small tureen, the rice in a separate bowl. The waitress told us to help ourselves. No sizzle on putting the rice into the soup. The broth was flat, needed salt (and we're not big on salt), and lacked any flavor. Other than three shrimp - how you split that between two people I do not know - and two scallops there was no other meat. Usually there would be a little beef, chicken, and/or pork. Egg rolls good but sauce watery and limp. Crispy duck very good. Hong Kong fried noodles OK, nothing special.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Rim - Grand Sierra Resort & Casino reviews archive.
- EnjoyableCannyDined on 7/28/2014Food was very good and presented well. Service was excellent and we did not feel rushed. Ambient noise level a little higher than expected but it was still easy to have a good conversation.Special Features:
- Almost a 5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Gosh, I would love to give this a 5 star rating. We were greeted by a wonderful hostess named Nicole. We were early, so we waited at the bar where we received great service and wine. We were seated on time and waited on by another Nicole (not good). She took our drink order, but we did not receive drinks for more than 25 minutes (she blamed the bar). We ordered the RIM dinner and told her that we needed to be out in time for the show, but things progressed slowly. Fortunately, our soup course was brought by another fabulous employee named Chris who ably and happily took care of things from the kitchen. Nicole did come by and ask if we wanted our dessert. We said yes and the check, which came nearly ten minutes later. Food was fab.
- Great way to start a fun night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Super food, fun place and a great way to start a fun night at GSR. If your going to a show at the resort I recommend starting your nite at Rim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumk8angelDined on 7/13/2014Went there for our 1 yr anniversary dinner and it was yummy. We decided to go back the next night for the all you can eat sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rotten Service/Mediocre FoodRenoEMCDined on 7/7/2014Had dinner at Rim with friends and was very, very disappointed. The food was mediocre (at best) and the service was terrible. Our waiter had no personality or skills. He acted like it was the first time he ever waited on anyone in his life. We brought wine, and he didn't even know how to pour it into the glasses. He left the soup sitting on our table for almost 10 minutes before he came back to serve it. Then he spilled it trying to cram every drop into the 4 bowls. The ala carte sushi was small (just like they serve for all-you-can-eat) and you couldn't even recognize the chicken in the kung pow it was so tiny.
- Reno casino Oriental odditySiriusguyDined on 6/29/2014Rim seemingly tries to offer many different Oriental cuisines, including Japanese, Chinese and Thai, such that I ended up with sushi, cucumber salad and...a VERY spicy pad Thai, during our 6/29/2014 meal. Rim is located off the main casino floor of the Grand Sierra Resort as part of their Restaurant Row. Concentrating on ONE cuisine would be smarter, not that any of the dishes were bad. Service is only fair, while the decor is mediocre. On the Zagat 30 point scale, for Food, Decor and Service, I would score it as 20-17-15. With a bit of work it could easily get better.
- Love The Sushi !JamesVIPDined on 6/16/2014Haven't tried anything but the sushi, ... and that sushi is Top Notch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Asian fusionPeppybarbDined on 5/30/2014The menu was excellent. The food was delicious. The restaurant is in a casino but you'd never know it. We'll definitely go back here.Special Features:
- We WILL be back!SStrileyDined on 3/30/2014My boyfriend and I attended a convention at the Grand Hotel, and on the flight we were craving sushi/Japanese food. When we discovered there was a restaurant recommended for such cuisine called RIM, we gave it a shot. SO glad we did! The sushi was pretty darn good, and the mixtures of Thai, Chinese and Japanese food was spectacular! Not too greasy, nothing over or under done, and the sushi tasted very fresh. When we find our way back to Reno, we are definitely hitting this place up again. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Sierra RimBonnieVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at Rim on our first night at the Grand Sierra Resort and I must say I wasn't impressed. I had the Tempura shrimp which was good by the sauce was bland with not much flavor and my husbands Orange Chicken tasted like the sauce was ketchup with a few dashes of hot sauce. I will say it tasted much better a few days later when we had the left overs for lunch. The service was good, our waitress was attentive and very pleasant. The ambiance was a bit loud. Over all I wasn't left with a favorable impression.Special Features:
- Ate at Rim with my family.johnVIPDined on 3/16/2014Ate at Rim with my family. Very good food. Waiter was very friendly, made recomendations, fast service.Special Features:
- Not much fish in the sushi.foodjunkieDined on 3/8/2014Not much fish in the sushi. Mainly rice and veggies. very expensive what it is.
- Not an intimate date night placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Service is just OK. The food is good but not GREAT. Although the shrimp was cooked well, some of then lacked any real flavor. The tempura shrimp and veggies were very bland made worst that the "sauce" that accompanied them didn't do much if anything to give any flavor. The noise level is focused from the casino right into the restaurant. The dining chairs are not comfortable. The atmosphere is more like a Chinese fast food place than a "Fine Dining" establishment.
- Great Place for Japanese & ChineseArizaDined on 2/14/2014Loved the food but was too much ordered the Grand Sierra Meal & could only take a couple of bites entréeSpecial Features:
- valentines dinnertoro2013Dined on 2/14/2014Ended up her as our other favorite restaurants were all booked up for Valentines Night. Very Impressed with the Food and Service Everything tasted fresh and delicious, will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All You Can Eat Sushiluv2eatsushiDined on 2/1/2014Sat at the all you can eat sushi bar - First come first serve - no reservations taken for the sushi bar. Delicious high quality sushi. Not overfilled with rice. Ordered straight over the counter - as soon as one plate was empty, sushi chef asking what we wanted next. Was willing to make whatever we wanted regardless of the menu choices. Only downfall is that there is an hour time limit. Definitely eating here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time herecelesteDined on 1/17/2014This was our third time here and this time I was disappointed. The food didn't come out at the same time. When our chicken came finally to complete our combo it had no flavor. The cucumber salad was old and tasted spoiled looked brown. The curry didnt have any curry flavor. The crispy duck was tasteless and not crispy at all. Over all this was bad! I had to go to in and out for a burger for we bagged our food and ended up throwing it away. I dint know if it was a new cook but it was horrible. Not considering going back for a while.
- AwesomeEddieVIPDined on 1/13/2014We've been to several sushi places in Northern Nevada. This is hands down, the best. The quality of the seafood is by far the freshest. The service and promptess of the sushi chefs is always outstanding. We highly recommend this place. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Table Location is KeyLongTimeFansVIPDined on 12/25/2013Despite arriving on time for our reservation, we were asked to sit at the bar until our table was ready. There was enough time to order, receive, pay for and drink a round before the table was ready. When it was, we were taken to the very first table as you enter the restaurant, at the base of the stairs where everyone entering/exiting the restaurant brushed against our chairs. This was the only table I could see that was open, but it was not conducive to conversation or a relaxed experience. The food was average; sushi entrees were visually appealing but didn't knock our socks off. Had it not been Christmas Day (when dining options were limited) we probably would have chosen a different restaurant.Special Features:
- Great new experiencenicktickDined on 12/20/2013A great new find for a Chinese place to eat. All food items were fresh and cooked to a tee.Special Features:
- SUSHI !JamesVIPDined on 12/16/2013This review is for the Sushi Bar. Great Value, Great Service and Fresh Fish! I go to the same sushi chef, Sonis, very time because he is artful, meticulous, and very polite and service oriented. Classic waiter and artisan combined. I am from out of town, but reserve a must do for Rim Sushi Bar!Special Features:
- Great food & service , but....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013We went to rim the other night with a group of 6 adults and. 5 children. Every adult in the group wanted all you can eat sushi, however it is only served at the sushi bar. I asked the server / then the manager if they really wanted 5 kids( non-payers) taking up the whole bar or can they extend the offer to our table. They said no and we stayed in our booth. I don't get why restaurants don't allow you to help keep their vibe hip & trendy by keeping the kids contained. Long story short... Our group spent significantly less at the table than if we were also extended the 25$ all you can eat .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't GO IN A Group!j77manDined on 12/8/2013My wifes birthday had the whole day plan from the morning to the suprise Dinner at the end. Everything was timed correctly until it came to dinner. Our reservation time was over almost an hour because of size of party and that you could only get all you can eat at the bar. After seated we had one person to help us in again our large party. It took almost two hours to eat and be served and we rushed desert and mind you it was MY Wife Birthday! Food was great and service even though he was by himself was the best he could be. JUST don't go in a Goup!
- GarbageSteveDined on 12/7/2013Wife's and daughters stir fry came out cold, as in straight from the refer. Sent it back, came back microwaved and inedible. Server said she would get manager, never saw him or her. My Orange Chicken was mediocre at best, I have honestly had better at Panda Express. I'm not a food snob and am actually pretty easy to please. If you like to gamble this is a place for you. If your looking for consistency go somewhere else. A waste of 80 bucks.
- Food was good but not outstanding.RenoDined on 12/1/2013Food was good but not outstanding. Typical menu items. Service was horribly slow and the server seemed very inexperienced. Decor was nice but the lighting was inconsistent throughout the restaurant. Smoke from the casino trickles into the restaurant because there is no barrier/door, which decreases the dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had reservations for 5.AnonymousDined on 11/22/2013We had reservations for 5. They put us in the middle of the restaurant, squeezed in between other tables in the same unsuitable area. The service was mediocre; none of our food came at the same time & we had to ask for refills and condiments. The noise level was extremely high. The food was delicious though. Don't go if you want a quiet, romantic meal!
- lettuce? really?DonaldoDined on 11/2/2013We ordered the lettuce wraps and the very hot meat came on one thin leaf of lettuce that quickly turned soggy and ripped. We asked for another piece of lettuce and they said they would have to charge for it...really??? otherwise, food was tasty and service friendly.Special Features:
- Have eaten here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2013Have eaten here a few times as it's close to home. The traditional non-sushi items we've tried have been outstanding - no exceptions. Most of the time the sushi is very good - Mountain Roll is the favorite of this family. There are times when it seems they've made rolls in the morning, or the night before, and have had them in the fridge for a while, and then served them. Obviously the quality is not nearly the same. I asked about this the last time we were there, and I was assured that everything is made fresh. At which point my thought is that there's a serious consistency problem. Again, very good food most of the time. Good all you can eat sushi option, which means you're sitting at the sushi bar watching them make it fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.