404 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rigbysrehoboth.com/
- Phone: (302) 227-6080
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in light to heavy Hors d'oeuvres. Please contact us directly for food choice and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: John Glenstrup 3022276080
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment on Sunday night and Karaoke on Wednesday & Saturday Nights. We also have dance music with DJ on Friday Nights. Check out our website www.rigbysrehoboth.com for details.
- Cross Street: State Road
- Public Transit: Deldot bus service is available for pickup and drop off behind our restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking behind our building with a rear entrance. We also have additional free parking available. If our lot is full, please inquire w/in about our additional free parking. No need to pay the meters when you can park for free.
A word from Rigby's
We are passionate about our farm to table approach. We are a local American Bistro preparing home-made goodness "from scratch". Please take advantage of our free parking in the back parking lot. If our lot is full, see a member of our staff for additional free parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rigby's - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Rigby's reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Sunday Pork ChopspmrthirdVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went with friends to celebrate someone's birthday. Everyone enjoyed food. Very busy but service still good despite limited staff. Would, go back again! Flounder finger appetizers weregreat! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, apologetic serviceMaddogVIPDined on 8/31/2014Appetizers were good, but the burgers were sad, completely undercooked. Servers did all they could to apologize, including comping the bill, but I would have far preferred the great burgers we expected. The bar was crowded with happy patrons- if we go back it will be just for drinks. Additionally, drinks were served in not-clean glasses, and outdoor dining area was LOADED with smokers.
- Always OutstandingPerfectVIPDined on 8/31/2014Rigby's has always had a great menu!!! The food this past Sunday was delicious! And the food, wait staff and owners were very attentive. Rigby's simply continues to get better and better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food, service by John and pace of meal was excellent. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Our meals were delicious. Everything is homemade and individually prepared. Don't let the short walk from downtown keep you from dining here. It is worth the trek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful FindTasteeDinerDined on 8/19/2014Blessed relief from the August hoards. Quiet spot with well- prepared offerings that steer clear of trendy menu items in favor of more traditional choices that are thoughtfully prepared and really very good. Obviously a watering spot for the older gay crowd so if that's a problem for you, then you would be best served elsewhere. My wife and our two young adult children, however, felt quite welcome. Would return gladly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseMelCidDined on 8/16/2014Food and service was very good. Will be going back with friends soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperiencekjbdaddyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Another great find using the Open Table app. This place was very consistent with high marks across the board. Friendly staff, all 3 of our meals were flavorful, not hidden below a heavy sauce, and each served with nice presentation. Even the side order of onion rings were off the charts good. Even had a pair of readers to borrow, great food, priced right with great attitude! Absolutly will get back to Rigby's !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serverrobertoVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is hard to review. This place is more bar then restaurant, having said that they do have a small pleasant dining room. I must say that I was impressed with the food, it's obvious the chef knows his way around a kitchen. I must give recognition to our server Alex. I was dining with 3 women who were on expense accounts and needed separate checks. Nothing was a problem for here. Alex advised us that all of the food was prepared in house. I know this is true because my wife wanted to know if she could have the seared tuna served raw. Not only did the chef do so, the whole dish was served sashimi style with wasabi and ginger, nothing like this on the menu.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed my experience here. The service is good. The food is fresh not a lot of season is used. I love the candle on the table so romantic. Its gay friendly. Bathrooms are clean but you may find transgender using the women's bathroom.Special Features:
- Appreciation DinnerHomeChefDined on 8/8/2014We took my in-laws to Rigby's to say thank you for inviting us on vacation with them. We enjoyed the swordfish, crab pasta, salmon, and a hamburger, as well as one of each of their desserts. I would recommend any of these dishes. We chose Rigby's because we were able to use Open Table to make a reservation when other local restaurants in Rehoboth refuse to take dinner reservations and you could wait hours to dine.Special Features:
- good food, prices not badchocolatelover18Dined on 7/28/2014nice evening out with the family. food was good. there was no kid's menu but they were accommodating and helpful.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Rigby's reviews archive.
- Surprisingly goodJkb1Dined on 7/19/2014We picked Rigsby's because we had a party of 5 and wanted a Saturday night dinner reservation last minute. Rigsby's did NOT have a kids menu. There wasn't one listed on the website but sometimes places always post one but, when we got there and there was no kids menu I was a little worried. However, my son and nephew chose Swordfish which they gobbled up and exclaimed it was the best meal they had ever had. They allowed my daughter to make a meal out of side dishes. They were friendly and welcoming despite a party with three kids in a more foodie type place. My husband and I loved our meals too. They had a really nice dining area separate from the bar area which was another concern I had dining with the kids. Would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedTheGangDined on 7/12/2014Every time I eat at Rigby's, I always get a great meal. Had the Cream of Crab soup… WOW. I also had the Stuffed Chicken and it was very tasty and moist. My dinner guest had the Caesar Salad as a starter and Crab Cakes over creamed corn, both were yummy. All the food is always fresh and plentiful. Can't say enough about this hidden gem. Many don't like the walk from the 1st two beach blocks, but if you lived in NY or DC it's an easy walk! Can't wait to go back and try the Stuffed Pork.Special Features:
- High end dinerGilletVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is a nice inexpensive high end diner not bad but nothing specialI would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceFredrickDined on 7/3/2014it took forever and food wasn't very good. seared tuna wasn't seared, it was over cooked. Soup tasted weird, and the server couldn't be bothered and it took 20+
- Dine at your own risk!bznpaVIPDined on 7/2/2014A friend and I recently tried Rigby's for dinner and were very disappointed. The restaurant was not busy. We initially order a drink from the bar and a water. After twenty minutes our bar beverages arrived, but no water. It was 'burger night' and we ordered from the special menu. We each ordered a salad, a burger, another drink from the bar and the water we did not receive. After an hour, our burgers appeared–no salad and no drinks. The burgers were ordered medium-well and well done. The burgers arrived RAW–sticky wet center. A neighboring table with young children also endured terrible service and dangerously undercooked burgers. We will not be returning to Rigby's. I urge you to do the same or dine at your own risk!
- A Quaint Little JewelLauschclanDined on 6/27/2014Rigby's is one of our favorites places in Rehoboth Beach. The food is awesome. The staff is attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is comfortable for a dinner for two, a gathering of friends or a special family get-together.Special Features:
- Hidden GemGiverDined on 6/26/2014From the outside, Rigby's looks like just a bar but inside in a separate room from the bar is a small dining room and delicious food! We had pasta with crab meat and peppers and crabcakes on creamed corn. Both were seasoned and prepared to perfection. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice Menu SelectionsfoodieintrainingDined on 6/19/2014Many more choices than your usual pub-fare. Crab bisque was fantastic. Stuffed pork was very flavorful, but a little over-cooked, but not throughout, but it didn't take away from the taste. Would certainly go back to try a few other items on the menu. Very friendly and attentive staff. Very reasonable prices as well. The kids had the all-you-can-eat spaghetti and meatballs and went to town!!Special Features:
- Worth the WalkTomSVIPDined on 6/15/2014While Rigby's is a little off the beaten path and a near 30 minute walk from the boardwalk, it was worth the extra effort. They do not profess to be a spot for foodies but they do what they do very well. The shrimp and pork spring rolls and chicken quesadilla appetizers were very good. For dinner, we had stuffed pork loin and scallops, with a side of cheddar mash and french fries. Again, the food was well prepared and tasty. Service was very good and we enjoyed listening to a live singer who was playing in the bar next to the dining area. All in all, it was a satisfying meal that was also fun. That's a terrific combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Place but Slow and OvercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/15/2014Cute place with incredibly friendly bartender, who immediately welcomed us and offered us bloody marys the moment we walked in (!free with brunch I might add!). However, after the drinks had come and gone, we ended up waiting with empty glasses and empty stomachs for over 30 minutes after we ordered. Then, by the time everything arrived (after we had to ask), it was very evident that it had been sitting under the heat for quite some time. My eggs bennie were just boiled eggs - no yolk came out when I cut into the egg (one of my biggest pet peeves), my friend's frittata was flavorless and dense - the eggs were charred on both sides. The descriptions of the menu were so lovely, and bartender so friendly, but execution just not there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014My dinner - shrimp scampi - was tasty, but the portion was tiny. Five small- to medium-sized shrimp is not very many for a dinner portion.
- Great Breakfast Place!lisalouDined on 4/20/2014We went to Rigby's for brunch on Easter Sunday. The wait staff was great and very accomodating, although we arrived about 15 minutes late which I thought was lovely. The entrees were wonderful and very fresh and they will give you a free bloody mary with your brunch. We got the bread basket for a starter and it was ok, but nothing to write home about. They provided butter and jam but the bread was a bit burnt. As I stated, ok, but the entrees made up for it. I requested a bloody mary that wan't too spicy and they made it perfectly. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Pork Chops!pmrthirdVIPDined on 4/13/2014Sunday night had a vibrant group at the bar with acoustic singer playing great music! Thoroughly enjoyed pork chop night for only $8.75 and an order of flounder fingers! Happy Hour at the bard too! Fun and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth TryingSunnyDaysDined on 3/19/2014Do not let an unassuming facade keep you away!! This small place packs a punch. Service was friendly and attentive! Food was great--large portions made from fresh ingredients, not just processed food delivered by large truck suppliers. Menu has a variety of options, reminded me of a "farm to table" twist on comfort food. Prices are reasonable especially given the quality. Off season specials are a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old Standby Bumps Up the FoodBKtheRetireeDined on 2/22/2014Rigby's was always a decent neighborhood bar and restaurant, but now their food has taken a turn for the better. Go for the stuffed pork loin, which a very nice spinach and roasted pepper stuffing and a delish apple chutney and creamy mashed potatoes. Daily specials are comfort foods, and quite reasonably priced, as is the overall menu. Service is friendly and capable. With a bar next door, things can get noisy, especially on karaoke night. For a nice, inexpensive night out, Rigby's is a good choice and clearly popular with Rehoboth Beach regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sunday Pork Chop SpecialpmrthirdVIPDined on 12/29/2013WOW! I wasn't expecting such great quality food. I love their Sunday brunch, but haven't had dinner in a long time here. Early dinner so had some happy hour appetizers. Both the Flounder Fingers and Chicken wings were some of the best we have ever had....really really great! When our dinners came, we decided to go with the EVERY Sunday Pork Chop Special (2 x 7oz grilled boneless pork chops with potatoes and string beans! Once again, fantastically prepared with great flavors! I would definitely come back here again! I don't always think of Rigby's expect for Sunday Brunch and their burgers, but tonight's meal was perfect and very inexpensive too! Don't miss this if are around on a Sunday want an unpretentious place with great meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving surpriseCharsiuVIPDined on 11/28/2013We went to Rigby's for an unfussy Thanksgiving lunch and were delighted by the wonderful food. Folks were friendly and service easy. Best of all was the corn pone which was delicious and I loved the apple pie crust. What a pleasant surprise to see corn pone in a Delaware restaurant. Based on this first experience we are planning another visit to try their regular menu. Rigby's is in the vicinity of the Hotel Rehoboth neighborhood where we were staying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food.JnLMcDDined on 11/16/2013Great service, great food. The Bolognese "a signature dish" was great. We could have eaten it all day. The scallops were also very good. We will definitely be back. Very attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BrunchRichVIPDined on 11/10/2013We had a wonderful brunch at Rigby's. Waiter was very accommodating and the food was served quicky and hot. We all enjoyed our dishes (esp. the frittata). We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchpmrthirdVIPDined on 10/27/2013Always enjoy the Sunday Brunch at Rigby's! Service was just ok, they never seem to have enough staff and had to wait for order. Good crowd, so happy they are doing well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!kwargoDined on 10/7/2013We had the whole dining room to ourselves! It was nice that the bar area was closed off from the dining area. We were seated right away, with a friendly server to take our drink order. He was only on the job for 2 days but he was super nice and attentive. I had the Spanish onion soup which is delicious and the Country Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes which is to die for! The portion though was quite large. The sausage gravy was the best I have ever had. My wife had the cream of crab soup which she enjoyed and the Shrimp Scampi which she said was the best she has had. It was full of olive oil and garlic and blended perfectly. We did not have any room at all for dessert but they all sounded good.Special Features:
- Looks Can Be DeceivingBeachEatsVIPDined on 9/21/2013It's called Rigby's Bar and Grill and when we first walked in my wife and I noticed the bar first. The next room was the restaurant and its décor is pretty basic. No frills. At first, we were a bit worried, but we'd read some good reviews of the place, and we'd checked out the menu so we kept our hopes up. Glad we did because the food was very good. Our soups and salads and our entries (salmon for me, chicken for my wife) were very tasty. By no means is Rigby's a fancy place but it is a very good value and our waiter was very attentive. That's just what we were looking for on an off-season Saturday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average, at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2013We went to Rigby's because of the positive reviews it received on Open Table and other sites. We were disappointed. Nothing was terrible, but nothing was great either. For the Flounder Piccata, the fish was fresh but the dish was boring. The Bolognese featured excellent pasta, but the meat and sauce were unexceptional. The Crab Cakes were fine, but not as good as can be had elsewhere. On the plus side, the prices were very reasonable -- definitely on the low side for Rehoboth. But we would rather have paid a few dollars more for a bit more exciting fare. Finally, we rated the noise level low because we were there on an off-season Friday night and the dining room was mostly empty. It might be much more noisy in-season.
- Terrific end to vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013My wife and went to Rigby's the last night of our vacation and were not disappointed. We each had the Bolognese and were very pleased. As others have said, it is easy to see why this is a signature dish. We arrived early for our 5:45 reservations but were able to be seated right away. Our server was excellent. All the people working there were friendly and pleasant. The bar is separate from the dining area which kept the noise level down. By the time we left there were a lot of people enjoying themselves in the bar. We are annual visitors to the Bethany/Rehobeth area and we will definitely go back to Rigby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!TheGangDined on 7/29/2013Few blocks back from the beach, but the food was awesome and prices were unbeatable. We could tell the food was fresh and made to order. The server was attentive and friendly. I had the crab cakes and they were over creamed corn... delicious combination. There were six of us at the table and everyone loved their meal. I tried the Bolognese that a friend ordered and it's no wonder why it's a signature dish. Parking is plentiful, their lot was full, but they had overflow free parking available. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2013A little off the beaten track so not a lot of walk in business but what great service and food. Two of us got the $7 Wednesday Burger special. Big and juicy! The others ordered off of the regular menu. Great food and nothing seemed to be priced higher than $20. Not a huge menu but a little of everything. Highly recommended as a casual spot.Special Features:
- The place was near empty onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013The place was near empty on a Wednesday evening, but then we ate early--however the lack of diners was a shame! This restaurant is very good, and one of the better ones in Rehoboth, while remaining moderately priced. Give this place a try and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food :)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013I really enjoyed my dinner it was fresh; you can tell it was made to order. The cream of crab soup was outstanding! Reasonably priced with a good wine list. The atmosphere is wonderful friendly. You can clearly see the owner's take pride in their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.