55 South Finley Ave.
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theridge-tavern.com/
- Phone: 9087669853
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brandon Wilborn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Steve Prince 9087669853
- Entertainment: The Ridge Tavern has some of the areas finest solo and duo acoustic acts playing in the lounge on Friday & Saturday nights from 8:00pm until 11:00pm. Call ahead to reserve a dinner table in our lounge and enjoy the music.
A word from Ridge Tavern
The Ridge Tavern, located in the heart of quaint Basking Ridge, is a family friendly casual restaurant and bar. We are a scratch kitchen and our chef prepares everything using only the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients he can find. Our menu consists of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, flatbreads and entrees. We offer beef, chicken, pork, seafood, pasta and more. We also have daily specials...again using the seasonal ingredients. Our bar is spacious and we offer entertainment in our lounge on Friday and Saturday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ridge Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Forgotten FriendBigManDined on 6/24/2013I had been to the place before under another name, quite a while back. Was good then and very good now. Pasta and Prok Chop entrees were excellent, fresh bread and oil on the table, even had some good ice cream to finish! And did I mention the beer was served in a truly frosty mug, just the thing on a 95+ day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchPartyof5Dined on 6/16/2013We went for Father's Day brunch and we were pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The food was excellent but the service was very slow. I'm assuming because of the volume of people. I would definitely go back though. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual neighborhood pubOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2013Food was decent, had prime rib special. ...above average beer list, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went there for a mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013I went there for a mother's day lunch. They had a typical brunch and then you could order off a menu of breakfast items that would be cooked fresh. The meal was quite a good value as you could go to the brunch buffet as many times as you wanted AND order off the menu for the same fixed price. The food was decent and the service was good.
- Ridge TaveranKenPDined on 5/12/2013We went there for a Mother's Day brunch. The food was good. The staff was good, but seemed a little overwhelmed. Some minor amenities were missing such as when ordering pancakes, french toast and waffles from the entree menu, syrup was not brought to the table and had to be eaten dry. It was hard to get a refill on the coffee. I was especially unhappy with the placement of our table. I had a party of 7 adults and 1 infant. The seating was so close to another table with a large party that seat backs were inches apart. Very difficult to get up to go to the buffet table. Even the service could not walk between them.Special Features:
- ReliableJoanKSDined on 4/14/2013A reliable place to go with good to slightly above good food.Special Features:
- Wide menu. Solid beer list.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Wide menu. Solid beer list. Very friendly service. Staff was very attentive to me and my kids.Special Features:
- We had a group of 11 and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We had a group of 11 and everyone was able to choose something that pleased them. The service was great and the food was as well.Special Features:
- The people are friendly butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013The people are friendly but you can tell that not all were experienced. The place was fairly organized but even with a reservation there was a 45 min wait. The food was ok but not a varied selection. Also, the food was not replenished quickly enough to accommodate a brunch crowd during Easter Sunday.
- My family had Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/31/2013My family had Easter Brunch at Ridge Tavern. The host and servers seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. At one point, it appeared the kitchen had run out of the offered selections. But perhaps that is to be expected on a busy day like Easter with so many families to seat/serve. The food was good ( the prime rib was excellent) and we will come back and try it again on a quieter day.Special Features:
- The complete package.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Our trip to Ridge Tavern for Easter Brunch was excellent. Not only did yet offer a wide variety of choices for everyone at our table but had excellent service to boot. Our table had a 6 week old and a 3 year old, enough to keep everyone busy. They kept up a smiling demeanor and served us promptly. The individual dining rooms are perfect for small parties and quite intimate. The histor of this place also adds to its charm. Highly recommend it for brunch. Red velvet pancakes deserve a special mention.Special Features:
- Brunch was very good withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Brunch was very good with both a buffet and a menu. Lamb from the carving station was delicious. Owner was very accommodating as we had one extra guest over our reservation. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Ridge Tavern is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Ridge Tavern is a great place for group get togethers after work. Also, the food is pretty good. The flat bread was very tasty and we had a roast chicken and a chicken with wild mushrooms. All of them were well prepared. The waiter was attentive and took care of us well. For groups, we had assorted appetizers from potato skins, chicken wings, flatbreads, chips with salsa and various beers. All were pretty good and well prepared.Special Features:
- Good as usual. I love theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2013Good as usual. I love the Granny Smith apple salad.
- Reliable ChoiceJoanKSDined on 3/23/2013Ridge Tavern is a solid place to go locally for a good meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Terrible, low quality food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/18/2013Terrible, low quality food. Didn't have cocktails but the draft list at the time was standard variety of american and imported lagers and ales. Atmosphere was mostly a middle-aged male dominant bar crowd which was too loud for my party of two's dinner table conversation.
- Food and service were veryCharlieVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food and service were very good, nothing exceptional but a pleasant dining experience
- We went there as 2 familiesMomofteensDined on 2/16/2013We went there as 2 families and had a great time. The restaurant was able to accommodate a disabled child on a scooter. We had a table in the front room and we could park the scooter in the corner out of the way. My family had been to the restaurant several times but our friends had never been there and they loved it. The have noticed that some restaurants are not convenient to them due to their son's disability. I know they will be returning in the future.Special Features:
- An absolutely outstandingStuSegalDined on 1/27/2013An absolutely outstanding Sunday brunch. Diverse selection of hot and cold breakfast and lunch items, with about a dozen entrees from the kitchen included in the price. Quick, friendly service. Reasonable pricing.
- Chef is an artistOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2013The Shrimp special was amazing! Chef Brandon made some low carb modifications for me ...more fresh veggies instead of rice. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- I've lived in Basking RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/19/2013I've lived in Basking Ridge for most of my life, so I have dined at The Store in my past. This was my first time at Ridge Tavern. The food was much better than in the past, though the menu and cuisine are quite different. The food was innovative and nicely presented. The downside is the cramped quarters in this restaurant. Understandably, it's a historic building, so no room for major renovations. Unfortunately, there are a lot of smallish tables packed in to a small room. The noise level is high and the comfort level is low. The other downside was the service. While friendly and competent, it seemed under staffed and hectic. It took quite awhile for our food to arrive and when it did, some of it came, then others had to wSpecial Features:
- Not as good as other ownedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2013Not as good as other owned restaurant. prior restaurant was better. food was over salted. great location-place should be crowded but only smal;l bar crowd and very few diners.Special Features:
- Outstanding Seafood SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/11/2013The Sea Bass special was amazing! Chef Brandon outdid himself!!Special Features:
- Thought the food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Thought the food was excellent. The service, overall was very good, although I had to wait a bit for my second glass of wine. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Satisfying dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012We have always had good dining experiences at the Ridge. It is a relaxed atmosphere and the food is good, satisfying and not fussy. The servers have always been very attentive. There are great brunch selections and you won't go away hungry.Special Features:
- Favorite place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/27/2012Just love this place...food, service, ambiance... Great value and quality!Special Features:
- Very good Christmas Eve BuffetJoanKSDined on 12/24/2012We went for the Christmas Eve Buffet. It was very pleasant and very well done. There was a wide enough variety of food items and the service was very attentive. One nice surprise was the plates of appetizers brought to the tables. Had I known they were coming, I would have waited to get dinner until after the appetizers.Special Features:
- The tavern is located in aMontLife1289VIPDined on 12/22/2012The tavern is located in a beautiful part of Basking Ridge. I honestly had higher expectations regarding the food and drinks. The interior lacked the "tavernesque" ambiance one would expect, thus it was very average and plain. The staff was pleasant and organized. However, the bar was not up to par regarding their selection and quality. They were watered down and blasé. Lastly, the food was decent, nothing really stood out as being original or unique. Overall, the tavern is a good for a quick bite. It has the potential to be more, but it needs an infusion of unique creativity and tavern décor.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. NotConmanVIPDined on 12/20/2012Food was pretty good. Not to crowded . Good specials during the week!Special Features:
- Ridge Tavern has finally comeJoanKSDined on 12/8/2012Ridge Tavern has finally come into its own. I had the mushroom ravioli and I loved it. Special dessert of pumpklin cheesecake was excellent.Special Features:
- First time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012Solid food with great service. Something for everyone in our 4 person party. Pretty rooms. Nice, large bar. Would returnSpecial Features:
- Nice Sunday brunch valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Nice Sunday brunch for the price! Waiter service a little slow. I constantly saw the wai staff talking to each other while they were holding an item that they were supposed to bring to someone's table.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, we had a veryGinaDined on 10/28/2012Unfortunately, we had a very disappointing experience at the Ridge Tavern. We were there for brunch on Sunday, October 28, 2012. The price is great - $15 per person - but we would have paid much more for a good experience. The restaurant itself is in a good location and is nice inside. Service was good. However, the food on the buffet did not look or tase fresh. You are able to order a breakfast entree off the menu and while my scrambled eggs were good, my friend was disappointed in her egg dish. I would not go back nor would I recommend it.
- Normally good service-seemedBackdocVIPDined on 10/20/2012Normally good service-seemed overwhelmed this time around.
- Good neighborhood bar-typepairof8sVIPDined on 10/19/2012Good neighborhood bar-type restaurant. Better than expected. The fool was pretty good and I'd go back when in the neighborhood..
- Great way to unwind on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2012Great way to unwind on a Friday evening . We had a new waiter who a great job. Liz is terrific, too !Special Features:
- Try them you'll be happy.CAFOODDined on 10/11/2012Great place to relax and enjoy a good meal. Prices were reasonable and the portions were appropriate. The service was a little slow but the staff is friendly and made sure we had what we needed. Management checked on our table a couple of times. **Note WATCH OUT FOR YOUR GPS** My GOOGLE MAPPING was sending me 3 blocks away!! Also, the parking is in the rear of the building off of the side street. Really nice town area would be great for lunch and browsing stores/antiques.Special Features:
- Our expectations were exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2012Our expectations were exceeded with the food. Service was a bit slower than expected but courteous. We both had the flank steak and it was fantastic. We will be returning often. Great menu and reasonable price.Special Features:
- I was a little worried whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012I was a little worried when the seating host seemed to be missing in action. We stood for a long time before anyone welcomed us. However, it was all great from there. The menu was outstanding and it took a long time to narrow down our choices. Very original menu and not the "tavernish" standards. Our meal was fantastic. We will be going back very soon.
- Service was fantastic, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Service was fantastic, the food was good, and the ambiance was great. Drinks were very good and not watered down.Special Features: