Ric's Lounge & Grill - Northeast Calgary
2875 Sunridge Way Northeast
Calgary, AB T1Y 7K7Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Ric's Lounge & Grill - Northeast Calgary
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricsgrill.com/locations/19/
- Phone: 4032697427
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ric's Lounge & Grill - Northeast Calgary
The beautiful Sheraton Four Points in NE Calgary is home to the premium food and casual atmosphere Ric's Lounge and Grill. Great food starts with great ingredients and our house made sauces and dressings transform everyday sandwiches, salads and pastas in to unique cuisine. Join Ric's for sassy appies and premium cocktails or a full meal featuring Sterling Silver AAA Alberta Beef. Big screen TV's let you keep up with your favourite games whatever the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ric's Lounge & Grill - Northeast Calgary reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- DisappointingEasygoingDinerDined on 8/1/2014Heard great things about Ric's - however... No hosting staff and our waiter was also the bartender, server and busboy. VERY loud environment.
- Great Food and ServiceJayneDined on 8/1/2014I recently dined at Rics Grill and was treated to a delicious meal and great service. The atmosphere of the Restaurant is welcoming and the service is fast and friendly. Thank You. I would go back again.Special Features:
- HORRIBLEDespiseRicsDined on 7/10/2014The buffet lunch, if you want to consider this as a buffet, was HORRIBLE. POOR selection, POOR quality. The bread was stale and hard, how can you do bread wrong??? I purchased 2 Teambuy certificate and will ask for a refund on the second. If I can give a negative star, I would give it a negative a negative star and ask if I can deduct other reviews star too. What a waste of time and money. I would NEVER go back to another Ric's for my entire dining life.
- Eh... Nothing to write home aboutBDRODined on 5/27/2014Not bad. Got a steak and expected it to be really good for a place with grill in the name. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. I would probably go somewhere else for a steakSpecial Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Ric's Lounge & Grill - Northeast Calgary reviews archive.
- Good Mother's Day BrunchEasyGoinGrindleDined on 5/11/2014We had a slight mix up upon arrival where the server's did not get to us, but after we mentioned this to the seating person we were promptly looked after and had great service for the rest of the meal. The food at the Mother's Day brunch was great, layout could be improved however. Server's were friendly, courteous, and made consistent rounds refilling drinks and clearing plates. Well hosted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceWineDrinkerDined on 5/7/2014We checked this restaurant on your website and thought it would be a nice place to enjoy a dinner. We were disappointed. The noise level was unacceptable and we had to ask 3 times to have the back ground music turned down. The waitress did not know the menu and forgot one of our appertizers. We are from the wicked east (Burlington Ontario) and had expected a better experience from what is considered an upscale restaurant.
- Ric's Grill NESunshineDined on 5/3/2014A nice place for a bite to eat. I had the steak sandwich and found it very tough and hard to eat. I will go back and try something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedmooseDined on 5/2/2014We had a coupon for the lunch buffet which considering Ric's menu we thought would be excellent. However, when we looked at the buffet it was ridiculously small. There were only 6 main dishes and we wouldn't recommend any one of them. One plate of Tiramusu (which was the best thing on the whole buffet) and some sliced fruit for dessert. Considering the price of this buffet is normally $65.00 for two people, and we got it for $35.00, it totally wasn't worth even that much. Very disappointed and won't go back again.
- Evening with old friendsAltaroseDined on 4/11/2014We chose Ric's because of the location, to meet friends catch up and eat well prepared food. The food was ok and the seating comfy, but the ambiance was so noisy we could only visit with the person next to us. Will try again for a lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahStuStuQuinDined on 3/13/2014We had the luncheon buffet at Rics which was very inexpensive but unfortunately the food lived up to the price. We tried a bit of everything from the soup to the pizza to the pasta and it was all sub-par. The dessert choice was a bland piece of choc cake or a cream puff. The best thing was the unlimited Pepsi and the waiter was very attentive. As well if' you weren't aware that the restaurant was in the Sheraton Hotel it was tough to find as other than one portable sign (after you had passed the entrance) there was no obvious indication where it was. I probably will not eat here again.
- Great restaurant!!Scarlett100Dined on 1/30/2014The food was fantastic and the service was just as well done. Friendly servers and the food was served fairly quickly. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT what you may excpectBlackfishDined on 1/18/2014I may have made the mistake of assuming that the Rics franchise would be pretty generic across the board. My mistake ,, I previously had an outing at Rics downtown calgary and figured that I would have a similar experience at the northeast location. Not even close very different. Menu was not similar and quality of food was of a much lower level. It is a fancy sports viewing lounge with pub food and catered to hotel guests. In general would not recommend. Waitress was very professional and great service.Special Features:
- Need more from the kitchenPhoenixDined on 1/4/2014This was a very disappointing meal for all four people in my party. The pasta was overcooked, the fish was very "fishy", the steak was tough and the appetizers were extremely unappetizing. In addition, the large TV Screens above the bar took away any sense of a true dining experience and you felt like you were eating in a bar instead of a dining room. Will not return again.
- New Years Eve 2013CrownDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations for NYE, and found out about the fixed menu on Ric's website. Appetizer, soup/salad, entrée and dessert for one price. The food was good as always, the atmosphere was just OK, not a fine dining experience but that's due to the layout. The staff were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Never AgainJoyMDined on 11/29/2013NoService, left after over 10 minutes of no water or drink offer. Left before we could experience the high priced menu in the bar atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good steak place for the NEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2013Steak was good, very flavourful, they did not get my steak's doneness correct, I asked for Medium Rare, and it was more medium well. I was at a lunch meeting, and did not want to complain in front of my companion. He had the Ahi tuna, and said it was ok. Service was great, very quiet location, perhaps it was due to the restaurant being half full.I would recommend this to a friend.