Ric's Grill Whistler
4154 Village Green
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ric's Grill Whistler
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricsgrill.com/
- Phone: 6049327427x
- Hours of Operation:
Open everyday 4pm to late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerard Duffy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ric's Grill Whistler
Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. We serve only Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta, the top tier of graded beef grilled at over 1000 degF for true steak lovers. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a unique mixologist's creation featuring the best in local and international premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ric's Grill Whistler reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)special occasion (3)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Rics is not open for busineesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014This restaurant is no longer trading. the receivers have been brought in
- EnjoyablebewaldoDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we were greeted by Sarah (she's a treat) till we finished our dinner served by Dani ( a sweetie) it was a memorable evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good WineChwhitDined on 6/21/2014We had a lovely Server and the food was divine. The wine selection was a good and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. So much so that we didn't have any room left for Desert. But they sounded amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We had a group of 13 diners. While most of the meals were good, two orders of the very same Menu item were completely different. The waiter was not interested in even talking about the difference even though one was very good with a tasty cream sauce and the other was a bowl of melted butter. Also, every member if the group had a coupon for a free dessert and the waiter just brought a pile of spoons and a variety of desserts for everyone to share, rather than allow us to order what we liked. Very odd, and completely unsanitary. Won't be back.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Ric's Grill Whistler reviews archive.
- Food was horribleAddieDined on 5/18/2014The food was not good this time around. The Caesar salad tasted fishy.... turned us off right from the start! Steak was cooked to our liking and side dishes were satisfactory. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone at this present time. We were not happy and left unsatisfied.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Surf and Turf was amazing! Been meaning to go for a while now and was very impressed!Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Service started out ok but although we made reservations we were stuck in the section where our waiter was also the bartender. As it got busier we were ignored as he was making drinks. He only had our one table in his section. Towards the end it took him 15 mins to get ice cream for the kids and it only happened cause we asked other wait staff. Will not be back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerfirsttimersDined on 4/18/2014We dined on a Friday night of the weekend of Snowfest so we anticipated that it might be busy. The hostess sat us immediately and the waiter, Dax, was very cordial. The salads came out in a timely fashion and our main courses were yummy. We would recommend Ric's to anyone looking for a nice romantic meal or for a large party since they had one next to us and did not even remotely seem flustered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night - big steak!pear8headDined on 4/2/2014Very quiet as it is winding down a bit at Whistler with Spring on the horizon. We ordered the Rib Eye and the Petite Filet Mignon - with oysters (local from B.C.) on the half-shell for an appetizer. The soup of the day was fantastic! Roasted Tomato and pepper soup finished with grated parmesan and a perfect drizzle of truffle oil - not too much and very tasty! Our steaks were done to order. The sauces served on the side were not necessary-the flavor of the meat was great. The house stuffed spud was very good - nothing out of the ordinary, but nice and moist and tasty! We made a mistake with our wine order - we ordered a B.C. blend (red) that was supposed to be a 2009 but was actually a 2011. I should have caught it! not worth $66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingMangerDined on 3/30/2014Have been to Ric's in Victoria a number of times and loved the food. This was the first time to Ric's at Whistler. This was a Sunday night and pretty quiet. The service was very good with the exception of being billed for another table's bottle of wine and some mixed drinks. The server was quick to rectify this with many apologies. The background music is somewhat irritating - repetitive electronic music with every song sounding the same and a little too loud. I had the filet and it was OK- nothing too special. I realize that not all locations can replicate the food but this was no where near the quality of what we had in Victoria. Many other great restaurants in Whistler, so this Ric's location will need to step up.
- Seafood selectDmar55Dined on 3/11/2014Try the Halibut! You won't be disappointed. Best meal we had on our 5 day stay in Whistler. Friendly attentive service. We ate between 5 and 6 PM. HEARTILY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNicoleDined on 3/1/2014The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was good. The service was unfortunately not that great, but it may have just been a bad day for the server, or maybe he was new. I would definitely try them out again. It's a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating In WhistlerScottDined on 2/27/2014We were celebrating a personal milestone and expected a much quieter dining experience. Turns out there was a major event that booked the restaurant for earlier in the night and we caught the tail end of their night. Once the event finished up it was much quieter and we were able to hold a conversation. The Staff were very accommodating and friendly and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was't as good as before.vvuurenVIPDined on 2/23/2014Food was't as good as before. My steak was very poor cut and had to cut away lots. Rest of food very bland.
- food and service pretty good,hungryguyDined on 2/21/2014food and service pretty good, moderately priced and able to get a reservation on busy nights unlike many spots in whistler village my friend's "baseball steak" was tough as a baseball but he was reluctant to complain or send it backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodDiannaDined on 2/20/2014We were desperate to find a last minute reservation...there didn't seem to be availability anywhere. We finally found Rics and didn't know what to expect. The food ended up being very good. I had the Goat Chees Salad and Neptune Chicken and thoroughly enjoyed both. Food serviced was good though bar service was slow.Special Features:
- Nice night outFrogz17Dined on 2/15/2014We were at Whistler for an adults-only weekend with friends and for a birthday. Rics Grill was a great spot to come for good steaks and wine. I probably wouldn't come with kids though as it wasn't that type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a favorite dining spotBoilerUPDined on 2/14/2014Our annual trek to Whistler always includes dinner at Ric's and I I booked early to be sure to get in on Valentine's Day. I called ahead to see if a full menu would be available as well as the 3-course option and was assured it would be. It was not. A limited menu was available. My seating request was not honored. My son and I opted for the Shellfish platter for 2 which said it came w/a skewer of shrimp, skewer of scallops, a 4 oz lobster tail and King Crab legs for $49.95/person.What we got was 2 tiny scallops, 2 small shrimp, tiny lobster tail (maybe 4 oz. but looked like 2 oz) and HORRIBLE crab legs. Legs were bendable, could not crack open. Tasted like nothing & they were full of water when we finally pried them open. TERRIBLE.Special Features:
- GreatKathyDined on 2/14/2014The food was fantastic we had a surf and turf special . The service was a lit tle slow, but it was valentines day! Will definately go againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ReviewJohnnyRoofus1Dined on 2/13/2014We decided to visit Rics Grill and. Have so say won't be doing so again the food was poor avoid the escargots really in greasy cheese not nice !!!! The food just generally was not great it was an experience I would not want to repeat Your just not there guys sorry
- Good not great expereinceMartinDined on 2/9/2014Ive been to the restaurant several times over the years. Its a nice spot with the casual bar on the top floor. Find the food is ok not great, need to find a way to spice it up a little bit. Wine list is good in the winter but not so much in the summer season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they dont know how to cook steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014The Steaks we had where like a Piece of leather The cheesecake should be called desertcake
- Consistently good food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We come here three to four times during ski season and have never been disappointed. Food is always well prepared and service has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Food was very avg for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/3/2014When we tried to book a couple other places and Ric's was only one that had space...should have been a sign. Only 3 out of 8 meals were good - rest were really not!! Save your money and eat at home
- OverpricedWilliamDined on 12/31/2013On New Year's Eve this restaurant was dramatically overpriced. We could have had the same food better prepared at the Keg for one third the price. There was nothing in the evening to warrant a compulsory meal fee of $155 per person plus a compulsory 20% tip plus drinks and wine.
- Not goodisabelDined on 12/29/2013The place is very nice, the service is great but the food is not good at all.. The location is perfect, at the main street in a nice hotel, all the staff is friendly and the ambience is very good but we did not like the food and is an expensive place
- Went to Ric's at the end ofSeattleGirlDined on 12/28/2013Went to Ric's at the end of December, so it was busy time of year. The service was very slow and the food tasted like it was mass produced. We weren't snowed over. Ambiance was nice.
- Great overall experienceLizzyDined on 12/27/2013Everything was great! Service food and the wait time. I would definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisappointingEdwellDined on 12/23/2013Have been to Ric's on previous visit to Whistler, had a great time. Food was adequate, tho items were missing from order ie. prawns missing from prawn salad, lobster missing from surf and turf, etc. Service from our waitress was the best part, but she was let down by her kitchen. Many empty tables in the restaurant should have given us a clue, that Ric's has changed. We also had drinks on outside terrace on a separate evening and sadly service was very slow there, drinks missing from order, etc. Such a shame.
- Good food, but felt like Denny'sLaceyLushDined on 11/10/2013Started off with drinks upstairs at The Mix; probably should have stayed there for dinner. The general ambiance in the restaurant felt like Denny's. Big open room, lots of booth tables. The bartender ended up serving us as the servers had already been slammed by the 7pm rush. Service was great. Wine was fantastic; a bottle of the Stag's Leap Cab. All of the seafood was 86'd. But they had steaks. Perfect, can't go wrong with a steak. Salads were slow to arrive, but they were tasty. Apparently they ran out of bacon for my filet mignon, but substituted with 2 pieces of back bacon to make a bacon sandwich. Innovative nonetheless, yum. The entrees were also slow to arrive. Overall dinner was slow but good. Ric's in K-town is much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Thanksgiving....NewbiesDined on 10/13/2013We 3 dined here for our first Canadian Thanksgiving dinner (recent immigrants from UK). We had the 'turkey dinner & pumpkin pie' special. Food was reasonable. Server was helpful and attentive. Place reminiscent of any good steak house. The advert for turkey dinner stated $32.95, the small print stated kids eat free - ask server. We were charged for all 3 of us, on asking we were told kids free was only from the standard kids menu. Ok, so we didn't mind paying BUT why not include small turkey dinners in the free deal and make the advert clearer? $32.95 was expensive for what it was and the standard of the meal. I can't give a bad rating as everything was OK but overall I was disappointed and wish we'd gone elsewhere. Child friendlyish.Special Features:
- It was great until dessertCelebratingDined on 10/12/2013Have visited Ric's at many locations over the years and have enjoyed the experience. Everything was going well and then we decided to order dessert. The cheesecake and coffee took about 10 minutes to arrive after ordering. And the cheesecake was horrible. As a baker myself I can only guess that salt was substituted for sugar in the crust because all you could taste was salt. Unfortunately our waiter was nowhere to be seen during this and was AWOL for 15 minutes after dessert was delivered. When we next saw him we just asked for the bill and wanted to leave as the dessert ruined the entire experience. Will think twice before returning. Am concerned about quality control if they can serve a product without tasting it first for quality.Special Features: