Rico Rico Peruvian Chicken
946 Coolidge Street
Honolulu, HI 96826Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Rico Rico Peruvian Chicken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ricoricochicken.com/
- Phone: 8083839179
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Friday: 10:30am - 8:30pm; Closed Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Jimenez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View
- Entertainment: We have inside and outside seating. Take out style ordering but we serve you. BYOB and nice mountain view during they day. Great home made Peruvian chicken and food. Latin music.
A word from Rico Rico Peruvian Chicken
Rico Rico means tasty tasty in Spanish and that"s what you get. Best chicken ever is our motto. No antibiotics, no steroids, no hormones in the chicken and its fresh never frozen. Marinaded overnight and cooked over open fire makes it tender and juicy. Our sides are made fresh daily from scratch. Homemade french fries, salad, beans and coleslaw. Homemade desserts, ice cream and flan. Come try you'll be glad you did.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rico Rico Peruvian Chicken reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fall off the bonericeboyVIPDined on 6/6/2014the chicken was tender and soft, i had no trouble cutting into the meat and it was flavorful. the special yellow sauce was good but i wished they gave more than just one small container. the day i went was cash-only because their square/credit card terminal was down.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Rico Rico Peruvian Chicken reviews archive.
- Delicious chicken & it's healthy!FoodConnoisseurDined on 4/25/2014I thought it was a little strange to have this restaurant on open table to make reservations when they really aren't needed but didn't matter cause the food was delicious! I was interested in checking this place out cause they advertise their chicken is GMO, antibiotics & steroid free so it's much healthier for you. The Peruvian spices they use to marinate the chicken is amazing! It's so flavorful! And OMFG the kale salad is wonderful! If I could buy just a big plate of that I totally would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great juicy chickenPointyMouthDined on 1/10/2014It is great that the restaurant is cooing local Peru dish for us, Hawaiian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food - especially thewalterDined on 11/24/2013The food - especially the chicken - was really delicious. We had four sides and all were good. Believe this is probably a good place for takeout, primarilySpecial Features:
- Que Rico!OinkerVIPDined on 11/4/2013The chicken here is FRESH, no antibiotics or hormones added and marinated which translates to moist, flavorful, cooked to perfection and tender. I think this is the Best rotisserie chicken I've ever eaten and served with untypical well-seasoned sides. You have a couple of decisions to make when you order: 1- portion size of chicken & 2- side dish (pinto beans, slaw, kale salad or "sweet-n-salty" fries). All plates come with seasoned white rice mixed with corn and a yellow (looks like mustard but it's not) pepper sauce. Rico Rico is well located for foot traffic and has limited parking in back. It's very casual dining featuring outdoor bench seating and small air-conditioned dining room. Service is friendly and quick. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.