545 Route 6
Mahopac, NY 10541Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ricksseafood.co/Home.html
- Phone: (845) 621-2489
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm,
Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Wednesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Megna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for casual cocktail or dinner parties, BBQ's and any other special events. We have an extensive catering menu to choose from or we can do a custom menu for you on request.
A word from Rick's Seafood
Bring your own wine with no corkage fee to this casual full service seafood eatery. Enjoy fresh seafood. gourmet prepared, made fresh to order. We are also a full service seafood market carrying a large selection of fresh fish and homemade soups, sauces and prepared appetizers and dinners. Our seafood market tastefully surrounds the dining area so that you can watch your selection go from market to table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rick's Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (3)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Can't go wrongfinedinerDined on 11/10/2014Lunch was quiet and tasty. Ricardo our server was pleasant, knowledgeable and right on point. The service could not have been better, flawless execution on order and accommodating with all requests. The food was fresh from the raw oysters and seafood salad to the seared sea bass and halibut. A real forgotten gem, especially for lunch.Special Features:
- Be back at Rick's Seafood soon!Fredo18Dined on 9/20/2014This past Saturday evening (09/20/2014) was our first time dining at Rick's Seafood. The food was very good. I ordered the Halibut special which was excellent and my wife had the blackened swordfish which she said was very good. Excellent appetizers were shared (shrimp cocktail & buffalo flavored shrimp). Each entrée comes with a salad, as well as a starch. All fresh fish items are reasonably priced. Rick's is a byo which is nice for a change with a liquor store in the same parking lot. Overall dining experience was great, we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDorothyDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at Ricks. The service was very good. The prices for the meal were reasonable. I had the seafood chili for my appetizer which was delicious. My wife had the seafood salad which she felt had to much oregano, but felt the amount of fish in the salad was a great value. I had the "house" crab cakes which were delicious and my wife had the mussels in white wine sauce also very good. We brought a bottle of wine which was placed in a chilled bucket. There was no rush during dinner, the time between courses was perfect. This was a very good overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodbigkjdDined on 8/22/2014If you like fresh seafood you'll like Rick's. Retail fish monger by day, tables for lunch or early dinner. For an appetizer, I had an asian calamari with wasabi dipping sauce that had just the right amount of sweet and hot, and the calamari was perfectly done. My wife's clam chowder was delicious, and I had a nice bouliabase for dinner (have had better in portuguese restaurants), but plenty of clams,shrimp,scallops and scrod. Will go back again.Special Features:
- ParsleySage2014Dined on 8/21/2014The seafood is outstanding at Rick's...I always enjoy whatever I try!! Although it took awhile for the waitstaff to take our order or even bring bread, the food makes up for any other deficiencies. It is worth the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RahRaahDined on 8/15/2014As always a delicious meal. The Red Snapper was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service? What service?DavidDined on 8/2/2014The service was awful. We had to ask multiple times just to get water on the table. It took an hour and fifteen minutes and two requests just to get our salads. There was no manager on duty and not much staff either. They blamed Open Table for accepting too many reservations at the same time. We were told the kitchen was backed up and yet some of the food when it finally arrived was room temperature. Basically, this was amateur hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Rick's Seafood reviews archive.
- First TimeTheMickDined on 7/19/2014food was outstanding ! I had a smoked Idaho Trout with red onion and capers with a horseradish sauce that was simply great. Wife had Chilean Sea Bass, I had Swordfish both were great. Service was wonderful and they did not rush you like some place do to free table. Highly recomend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange place but nothing beats itFoodieDined on 6/21/2014This place is strangely a seafood store by day, restaurant by night. The seafood is outrageously amazing and I seem to always forget the odd enviroment in which I am dining. The food is out of this world good. I go here whenever I am craving seafood because there is no other place like it with the range of seafood options! They have everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood close to homeYorktownFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Rick's was a great find. The food is quite good. We had the Mahi mahi special (coconut crusted with mango salsa). My husband and I both enjoyed it. We started with the seafood nachos, tasty and enough for the table. Everyone else's entrees looked equally as good. The only problem was that the salad and entrees took a long time to get to the table. The waitstaff were all friendly.Special Features:
- GO TO FOR FRESH GOOD SEAFOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Rick's is one of my favorite seafood places to go - I love going there with both family and friends. I have yet to have a bad meal and I have yet to hear a negative thing. The fried calamari in the asian sauce is a favorite. I always try a different fish when we go. Thank you Rick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sefoodDonJVIPDined on 5/16/2014We reserved their special round table which seats sic. Although we arrived early they gave our table to other customers.
- Special little findLarrypDined on 5/10/20142nd time here and each time I feel I'm at small local fish restaurant in Newport. Nothing fancy but with the fresh fish right in front of you, dim lights, small and intimate setup, and savings from BYOB, it's a unique spot in the area.Special Features:
- this place is worth finding!wooliteDined on 3/17/2014had a great Monday lunch! Mussels, Scallops, all great. my friend had the Scrod with the basil topping, might be too much for a subtle fish, on the whole: great! can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Hidden JewelprefertodineDined on 3/1/2014Rick's doesn't disappoint! It is wonderful to have such a hidden diamond in the neighborhood. The ambience of eating in a fish store turned restaurant just adds to the allure. The fish is the freshest ever and the selection can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really nice surprise in MahopacJSLMJLVIPDined on 2/15/2014Often the best food comes from specialty shops with a few tables. Rick's does a nice job of turning a retail store into a good choice for a casual, relaxed dinner with high quality food. Everyone's fish dishes were wonderfully fresh tasting and well prepared. Shared a great Asian-style fried calamari with a slighlty sweet sesame glaze and wasabi dip - very good & not too heavy - as well as a delicious Idaho smoked trout appetizer. Entrees were not overwhlemingly creative, mostly well executed classics. All come with a salad and were served with a choice of potato or rice and a brightly colored stack of crisply steamed vegetables. Service friendly. Home made bread pudding & cheesecake were great. No corkage fee & wine store next door!Special Features:
- GemSMWCVIPDined on 2/14/2014Best seafood-price is right ,Bring your own wine ! Service is wonderful - all staff is great. Food - awesome - not a bad thing on the menu- Catering or dine-in , EVERYTHING is fresh , cooked to perfection & is perhaps Mahopac's best kept secret. A total gem, scallops wrapped in bacon , escargot ,REAL fried clams. Standard fresh catches ( just about everything imaginable ) -creative meal combo's & very accomadating. Doubles as a fish market. Soups are great ( crab corn chowder superb! ) Pasta dishes well prepared & even the desserts are well above board. Very trendy , reservations a must on Fridays during Lent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014We had dinner at Rick's as a last-minute thing on a Saturday night and are SO glad we did. This is a fresh fish market as well as a restaurant. The menu is enormous, plus there are specials. They have every fish you can imagine and each is prepared pretty much any way you like it. The quality of the fish is excellent and so is the preparation. They offer beer and wine, but most people BYOB, which we did. The only negative thing was the side of mixed steamed veggies, which were overcooked and could have been omitted. They even give a lovely fresh salad before the main course. Don't miss the Asian calamari. We will return again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood/fish!dentaldanVIPDined on 12/8/2013Very fresh and well prepared fish and seafood. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Loved it!!cgiaDined on 10/25/2013Came here for a birthday celebration. I wanted lobster and clams without breaking the bank, fresh seafood close to home. Rick's did not disappoint. The seafood was excellent,good ambiance and not too crowded on a Friday night (7:30pm dinner). We bought a nice Chardonnay with us and had their bread pudding for dessert. An excellent birthday dinner and great value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafoodBMGLDined on 10/19/2013Great variety of fish. Lots of choices on preparation. Always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willing to give it a second chance.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2013...because the food was so good. We were told several times that the kitchen was backed up on this particular night. I felt bad for the wait staff (as there was a fair amount of complaining by the customers). Everything we had, from apps to the main courses was spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.